Author Topic: Supreme - "Candyland"  (Read 57189 times)

Highonangeldust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 631
Re: Supreme - "Candyland"
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2019, 01:40:30 AM »
If you say Candyland 3 times in the mirror, Bill appears behind you with White Claws and a pack of condoms.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2019, 02:01:10 AM »
Mall grab run on was on par with that viral gif of a dude's infinite run on, but a decade late. Can't wait to see suburban skatepark kids start doing that... Didn't mind the video, some dope skating, cool soundtrack - so much better than trap shit, especially to expose younger crowds to. I can see the Strobeck persona becoming a parody of itself at this point, but I actually thought the filming in this was a bit less obnoxious than in Blessed and the like, maybe because I'm used to it now plus Mandela effect. I guess some still to have to swallow that pill that twenty years later Photosynthesis Strobeck isn't coming back; if you can't find it then it's the same one as the one that nearing 2020, PJ Ladd isn't moving back to Boston to jump onto windowsills full speed whilst sporting thrashed Accels.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2019, 02:54:40 AM »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2019, 03:03:42 AM »
Jeff Carlyle is fucking gnarly as fuck but he looks like the kinda guy that called in hoax bomb threats in middle school.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2019, 04:33:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Was that nik stain who hit that lady in the crosswalk and then just laughed? pretty fucked. Kader is sick but this crew is so whack haha.
[close]

Laughed? He was like "oh my god i'm sorry" and then proceeded to like get pissed off at himself from what I remember
Nah he clearly laughed and didn't apologize. I hate that shit.
Welcome to slap message board

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #245 on: October 25, 2019, 04:43:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Just imagine landing a gnarly trick filmed by Bill, asking to check the footage and see this:

[close]
no one has the guts to tell him that? i would have been really bummed if i put in so much time and effort into picking a spot, trick and probably re-doing it until it feels right and then seeing something shitty like this. a filmer can fuck up a make on accident and it sucks, but i never saw any filmer trying to fuck up a shot on purpose.  hes forcing his "vision" on the scene making it his own and making the trick itself irrelevant, its like he watermarked all the footage with a giant "FAT BILL" in the middle of the screen so you wont be able to tell whats going on and youll only think about him the whole time.

Expand Quote
Watched it again. This video actually makes me angry, which is crazy. So much amazing skating gone to waste on absolutely dogshit filming.
[close]
a 100%.
i usually wouldnt mind and not even bother watching if a video is so so bad, but he just ruined alot of timeless skating. amazing dudes in their prime and all their tricks look like shit because of him.

When We Are Blood came out i felt so bummed for Michael Pullizei because his part was amazing and unwatchable, this video as a whole is as bad if not worse. gave me a headache, too much for my adhd.

I haven't watched it yet but damn, I know I'm going to get irrationally angry at this shitty filming

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2019, 04:55:24 AM »
whoever the fuck did that nuts hill bomb is on another level

this is what i see in the corner of my room when i have sleep paralysis (either this or ben kadow with that fucking bandana thing on)

cocteau twins track was great

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2019, 05:03:45 AM »
-fat bill and dill are peter pans. Can't relate to adults their own age so they just hang out with children.
-the filming was lazy and sold as artistic.
-supreme is a corporate brad disguised as a core brand. If these kids weren't getting hooked up, none of them could afford this shit, even the guys getting paid.
-tyshawn is good, really good, not great. (hot take)
-you will never see an actual skateboarder wearing supreme, only mall kids or their team riders.
-supreme team is like a costume party
I don't want a bunch of generic looking skateboarders, but these guys look like try hards.

Ocelot

« Reply #248 on: October 25, 2019, 05:07:16 AM »
what was with the trans stuff in the video?

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2019, 05:09:25 AM »
what was with the trans stuff in the video?
supreme market research analytics

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2019, 05:11:37 AM »
I watched this and thought 'i really dont get kids today, is this cool?'
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2019, 05:17:34 AM »
anyone think supreme donated or paid out any kind of money to the security guard since they brought one of the biggest clothing/skating brands to the city and in the midst of all that happening decided to hook up the crew that was caught in the middle of it?
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

thebacker

« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2019, 05:36:34 AM »
anyone think supreme donated or paid out any kind of money to the security guard since they brought one of the biggest clothing/skating brands to the city and in the midst of all that happening decided to hook up the crew that was caught in the middle of it?
No.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2019, 05:56:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was that nik stain who hit that lady in the crosswalk and then just laughed? pretty fucked. Kader is sick but this crew is so whack haha.
[close]

Laughed? He was like "oh my god i'm sorry" and then proceeded to like get pissed off at himself from what I remember
[close]

Uh rewatch then, he was clearly bummed on his actions

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2019, 06:24:38 AM »
That beautful ss inward heel was totally ruined by the film..

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2019, 06:27:25 AM »
i would honestly be bummed if i were to go film something and that was the outcome.  not only is it exhausting to watch, but all you get is the trick.  you can't see the style that goes with it
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2019, 06:44:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Uh rewatch then, he was clearly bummed on his actions

Have you ever seen anyone laugh before ?

Jeez

His facial expression is devoid of any sort of jubilation. He’s  CLEARLY bummed on what he just did.

You’re seriously trying to make a big deal out of thin air.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2019, 06:47:29 AM »
I hope at least 1/2 of the tricks have angles filmed on phones and somebody could make a compilation out of that, because Strobeck is filming like 5YO

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2019, 06:53:37 AM »
Fellas, fellas: Candyland

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2537
« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2019, 07:03:13 AM »
He already d'd...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2019, 07:21:16 AM »
Do they put fucking names of the skaters in this bitch? Some of us are too old to know who the latest 19 year olds are
Most everyone in this video is pretty established by now, so I'm trying to fathom the amount of skating you've neglected over the past six years to not know who these skaters are by now. So you never saw Cherry, Paych, Chronicles 3, Away Days, Young Emericans, Hockey III, Purple, Roll Up, Blessed, both 917 videos, all the Supreme web clips, and the Baker promo from a few years back? Did I miss anything?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2019, 07:22:05 AM »
I do not smoke myself, and I don't have an issue with those that do...but I do wonder if the guys in these videos have any apprehension about having it filmed? Like, do they have convo on the side about "well, who's gonna be the one Bill gets this time?"

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2019, 07:30:01 AM »
Bill’s slippin’, I got dangerously close to being able to make out what a couple of those tricks were.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #263 on: October 25, 2019, 07:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Do they put fucking names of the skaters in this bitch? Some of us are too old to know who the latest 19 year olds are
[close]
Most everyone in this video is pretty established by now, so I'm trying to fathom the amount of skating you've neglected over the past six years to not know who these skaters are by now. So you never saw Cherry, Paych, Chronicles 3, Away Days, Young Emericans, Hockey III, Purple, Roll Up, Blessed, both 917 videos, all the Supreme web clips, and the Baker promo from a few years back? Did I miss anything?
i knew most of them surprisingly, except the guys from the gx1000 videos who I recognize but don’t know who is who.

Like everyone else is saying, some really incredible skating ruined by the filming.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #264 on: October 25, 2019, 07:40:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Because some of these guys are not iconic yet or hyped relentlessly (ahem Kader) and putting names up doesn't take anything away from the footage at all.  The only people I loved in this were GX1000 dudes and I don't know all of them, I would like to subscribe to their newsletter.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2019, 07:44:42 AM »
strobeck films roll ups so good but he definitely needs a second filmer because the actual tricks are always filmed like shit. or he needs to find some way to zoom out in time or something.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2019, 07:45:32 AM »
honestly i'm just impressed bill doesn't miss the pop of the tricks at this stage

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2019, 07:53:42 AM »
Slo mo bails and easy drop down mannys were so weak. Gx crew saved the video from being a complete waste and even that’s questionable.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2019, 07:54:41 AM »
I've watched the last ollie to hill bomb at .25 speed repeatedly for the last 30 minutes. Dude had about 5 opportunities where he could've been straight annihilated.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #269 on: October 25, 2019, 08:08:12 AM »
This was filmed well
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this