Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 369258 times)

shmazz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #1050 on: July 11, 2020, 06:06:16 PM »
ahh thats happened to me too :(, doesn't affect the turn but looking at a crumbled bushing pisses me off.

Yeah, to be honest with you I didn’t notice much of a difference on how the trucks turned either, but it kinda fucked with how confident I felt riding them. I know it’s just a mental thing but still, not fun.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1051 on: July 11, 2020, 08:07:12 PM »
that happened to a pair of purple tops on my 5.8s on my front truck, then same thing recently on the front truck on my pair of thunders. maybe the heat or something?

agree that it fucks with the confidence of them though, same thing happened to me on a pair of indys, only thing is stock orange indy bushings are easy to buy from skateshops but you can't get stock purples or blue gatorade thunder bushings at skate shops.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
« Reply #1052 on: July 12, 2020, 06:18:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve been skating 5.6 lights on my 8.25 FA deck for the past ten days or so and I’m loving them so far. I’ve only tighten them a couple of times (skating about two hours a day) and I ride them medium-loose. Solid turn, and although they do feel sturdier than my last set of trucks (Hysteria 147s, a Chinese made truck that sort of looks like a Thunder yet is 55mm tall) I like the pop feel on the 5.6s better. Parks are still closed around here, but slappies feel great once you wear the hanger down a little bit.  :D
[close]

Never mind, one of the top bushings just snapped lol. I’m not a heavy guy and my trucks are not tight by any definition so yeah, I’m pretty bummed about that.
[close]

Stock or bones or????
[close]

Stock, maybe “snapped” was a bit of an exaggeration on my part but it started to fall apart real quick. Bought some Indy medium conicals as a replacement and although I’m still breaking them in I’ve noticed the trucks have a sharper turn now.
Here’s a comparison pic between the good bushing and the blown out one.

I think it's the washers more than the bushings. I've had it happen with indy, doh doh, and rip tide as well. Some tops have a thin/sharp bevel that slices into them on deep turns. Doesn't seem to happen if I use a washer that has a thicker edge on the bevel or one that's more "flared" so it doesn't dig in. Obviously flat washers work too.

For the most part the bushings are fine but some get pretty chewed up if you don't notice it quick. It seems to happen more when I have them cranked down but then again that's how I ride most softer bushings so that might be a biased observation.

Banned from the room

« Reply #1053 on: July 12, 2020, 08:15:14 AM »

This is cracked but it didn't go all the way through because I removed it as soon as I noticed which was like day 2 or 3.

My back truck got mad loose and my board started favoring front side carves. Was heading out in to traffic because gotta left side of the bump. Switch is too much for me.

Then my front truck was way tighter than my back.

So streets are done. I got a soggy deck an I'm struggling looking stupid at the park.
Thinking it's because I got new trucks I was like whatever but I noticed there's a big rainbow crack.

I thought it was from the washer but I followed the rainbow and found it's all the way to the yoke where there's two bubbles on the bottom.

I was bummed

Shalomie hook up got me back on track and off the broken bones.

Those tops I suspect will last for multiple trucks. Though I'm about to put those on ice till winter because of the heat I may need to ride the 94s

I couldn't suggest bait and tackle more.

The difference in quality is obvious immediately upon opening the packaging.

I just should have a 92. A little shave will fix that.

Oh shit I just got a new phone

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1054 on: July 12, 2020, 09:13:32 AM »

I love the harder supercush in my ventures. The harder duro just puts the stability/turning balance in the zone for me and they hold up really well.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1055 on: July 12, 2020, 12:36:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love the harder supercush in my ventures. The harder duro just puts the stability/turning balance in the zone for me and they hold up really well.
I use the hard doh dohs; they feel a little too stiff at first upon installation but once they break in after a sesh or two they feel great. They fit pretty much perfect on venture 5.8s too, the bottom bushing might be a hairs length taller than the stock bottom but it’s nothing too drastic to where you feel any sort of difference. With the summer heat they have loosened up a few times on me tho, but usually I’ll just give ‘em a half turn or so and they’ll be good to go again.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1056 on: July 12, 2020, 02:50:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got the purple and the greens and I’m a big fan

m477

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1057 on: July 12, 2020, 03:13:22 PM »
The stock bushings on my 6.1s were good for a about 4 months until they deteriorated. I replaced them with black Indy after market barrel bushings Ive had on multiple different trucks and they’re really good. They’re probably the most durable long lasting bushings I’ve ever had (they do take some time to break in however). I also use 1/8 risers and am supper happy with this setup.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
« Reply #1058 on: July 13, 2020, 03:46:49 AM »
Another replacement bushing option I like are Tracker superballs. They skate harder than their rated duro and have an interesting bouncy feeling rebound.

The green ones are listed as 90a or 95a most places but even that seems low,  they feel harder than a 96a indy to me. I like the red/orange medium ones - they're listed as 88a but feel like the 94a venture stocks except denser, if that makes any sense. Never tried the soft ones but I'll probably pick up a pair next time I order something from sk8kings.

5y64r1t3

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1059 on: July 13, 2020, 02:10:37 PM »
anyone know where i might be able to find a pair of v-hollow 5.0's ? daddies sold me a pair and then emailed to say they didn't actually have them and now i can't find them anywhere without paying double to get them shipped from australia

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1980
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1060 on: July 13, 2020, 06:53:47 PM »
anyone know where i might be able to find a pair of v-hollow 5.0's ? daddies sold me a pair and then emailed to say they didn't actually have them and now i can't find them anywhere without paying double to get them shipped from australia

https://www.skateamerica.com/collections/skate-trucks-venture

Only V-Lights but they are selling a bunch of other stuff on discount (boards, wheels) so the savings could add up
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

5y64r1t3

« Reply #1061 on: July 13, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »
ah thanks, i've seen a lot of bad reviews for them kinda get the vibe they're gonna not have them and make me chase them down for a refund but i might give it a shot if they take paypal

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1062 on: July 13, 2020, 10:04:39 PM »
ah thanks, i've seen a lot of bad reviews for them kinda get the vibe they're gonna not have them and make me chase them down for a refund but i might give it a shot if they take paypal

I got some Bones wheels 2 weeks back from them, shipped just fine.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

5y64r1t3

« Reply #1063 on: July 13, 2020, 10:14:21 PM »
sweet good to hear, i just ordered the v-light hi's hopefully they come thru

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #1064 on: July 14, 2020, 01:18:28 PM »
Anybody use bones bushings in Lo’s? Does it noticeably fuck with the geometry?

Banned from the room

« Reply #1065 on: July 14, 2020, 04:41:46 PM »
Anybody use bones bushings in Lo’s? Does it noticeably fuck with the geometry?

PJ Ladd

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #1066 on: July 14, 2020, 09:34:01 PM »
I've done it in 5.0 lows, bones medium no washers. Makes them turn pretty decent, paired with 51mm worked fine.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 160
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1067 on: July 21, 2020, 01:51:13 PM »
been trying to cop those 5.6 thrasher x venture trucks but all I can find are the yellows  :-[ guess I slept too long

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1120
« Reply #1068 on: July 21, 2020, 01:54:04 PM »
I've done it in 5.0 lows, bones medium no washers. Makes them turn pretty decent, paired with 51mm worked fine.

Same exact combo, many times. I haven’t really fucked with the blue sorts, but I’ve used the mediums and the hards. Both work great, for me. 52mm is my limit for wheel size, 50mm is probably more ideal for less wheelbite

sadnocomply

• Rep: 160
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1069 on: July 23, 2020, 08:02:48 PM »

Aikens on venture
Let’s fuckin go baby

ProjectKSL

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1070 on: July 23, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »
Anyone know of any site that has the 5.2 low hollows in stock? Can't find them anywhere in the US, only UK shops ever pop up. Any help would be really appreciated.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #1071 on: July 23, 2020, 08:41:02 PM »
Riptide Pivot Cups make a difference. They gave my ventures a faster turn. I do have the yellow clear stock bushings.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1072 on: July 23, 2020, 10:22:55 PM »

Aikens on venture
Let’s fuckin go baby

What size is he skating?
I can never tell what this guy skates. He also switches between Indy and thunder on the regular, and now venture. Kills it all the same

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #1073 on: July 23, 2020, 10:37:26 PM »
do you have to shave down the plastic on the T tool in order to tighten the kingpin on your ventures? I have the 5.8s and seems im going to have to do that in order to get it to fully grab the nut.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1074 on: July 23, 2020, 11:01:27 PM »
do you have to shave down the plastic on the T tool in order to tighten the kingpin on your ventures? I have the 5.8s and seems im going to have to do that in order to get it to fully grab the nut.

No, if you have a mini wrench and a screwdriver you can accomplish the same thing. Or get the Silver, Ace or Spitfire tool if you're feeling spendy.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #1075 on: July 24, 2020, 04:48:15 AM »
Expand Quote

Aikens on venture
Let’s fuckin go baby
[close]

What size is he skating?
I can never tell what this guy skates. He also switches between Indy and thunder on the regular, and now venture. Kills it all the same

Maybe it was you who asked, but he responded 5.8 in the comments.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1076 on: July 24, 2020, 06:37:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Aikens on venture
Let’s fuckin go baby
[close]

What size is he skating?
[close]

Maybe it was you who asked, but he responded 5.8 in the comments.

I didn’t ask him, so thanks. From the screen grab above those look like 8” trucks to me. Must wear size 14s or something.
Anyways, thanks again

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1077 on: July 24, 2020, 10:06:38 PM »
I saw this in the "Why do you still ride Independent trucks" thread to change out stock Venture bushing with Bones Medium, had them on the standard way with no washer on to bottom, small black one on the top. Holy fuck the turn is amazing now. Still a lot of lean before the turn but when it does the radius is really sharp. Had so much fun just cruising around the park and getting blood flowing to my injuries hip area. Couldnt say for the pinch on grinds since I was taking it easy today.

I pushed around on a friend's Ventures that were pretty new with the stock red bushing. Definitely a convert of Ventures + Bones bushing.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1078 on: July 24, 2020, 10:22:42 PM »
I saw this in the "Why do you still ride Independent trucks" thread to change out stock Venture bushing with Bones Medium, had them on the standard way with no washer on to bottom, small black one on the top. Holy fuck the turn is amazing now. Still a lot of lean before the turn but when it does the radius is really sharp. Had so much fun just cruising around the park and getting blood flowing to my injuries hip area. Couldnt say for the pinch on grinds since I was taking it easy today.

I pushed around on a friend's Ventures that were pretty new with the stock red bushing. Definitely a convert of Ventures + Bones bushing.

Coincidence! I threw bones mediums in my ventures today too. One of my purple top bushings got mushed into a few pieces, not sure how but its happened a bunch of times now, similar to the person further up in the thread but wayyy worse.

I did the same thing as you with bones mediums except without the small black washer up top as it was a bit tight (though I will probably put it in when they break in and soften a bit).

Don't feel fully broken in yet, but right now the turn isn't as deep as it was with really broken in stocks but besides that it feels fine. I ran bones mediums for a lil bit last year and it worked so it should be no problem.

Technique

« Reply #1079 on: July 24, 2020, 10:40:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Coincidence! I threw bones mediums in my ventures today too. One of my purple top bushings got mushed into a few pieces, not sure how but its happened a bunch of times now, similar to the person further up in the thread but wayyy worse.

I did the same thing as you with bones mediums except without the small black washer up top as it was a bit tight (though I will probably put it in when they break in and soften a bit).

Don't feel fully broken in yet, but right now the turn isn't as deep as it was with really broken in stocks but besides that it feels fine. I ran bones mediums for a lil bit last year and it worked so it should be no problem.

Same here. Tried stock bushings when I switched to ventures earlier this year after riding indys with bones mediums and couldn’t take it for longer than a day. After the switch and the break in the turn is phenomenal. My old set just cracked the other day, so I’m breaking in some new ones right now as well.