Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 369134 times)

Enrico Pallazzo and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Banned from the room

Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #5250 on: December 14, 2023, 07:00:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Hey I found some extra bushings. I noticed that there's a big colour differentiation between the sf and the mexico pours.

The dark one is from right when COVID hit. The light are the current. As seen on my 6.1s. also either the kingpin is longer in 6.1s and 5.8s or the bushings are softer now.

I prefer the current clear style for sure
[close]

how you liking the 6.1s?
[close]

They're killer. The only downside is they're the same size as my double sided curb. With 58mm wheels you can't unlock. You just kinda go from 50 to NG and stop.

If I throw a wilder wheel on problem solved I assume. Was the same with the 5.8 when riding the 58mm Dragons.

I switched back to ogs and I was able to be on top again.

I got a new curb tho so it's fine.

Also I might order wheels tomorrow. I been looking. I can't wait till spring
[close]

I have been trying to restrain myself from buying 6.1 hollow after I just bought those 5.8 but I started skating a specific curb again that allows you to sit on top and you need an 875 truck; 149s and G3’s won’t cut it. Went to 159 forged hollows then back to 159 royals…but i was really feeling the pinch with those cast 5.8s.

I visited the Hobo hideaway banana ledge today.

I love this truck. The shining stock bushings are off the chain.

I am kinda playing with fire tho. I'm running -2.5 inny belly button threads with no glue.

scab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #5251 on: December 15, 2023, 02:53:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Hey I found some extra bushings. I noticed that there's a big colour differentiation between the sf and the mexico pours.

The dark one is from right when COVID hit. The light are the current. As seen on my 6.1s. also either the kingpin is longer in 6.1s and 5.8s or the bushings are softer now.

[close]

how you liking the 6.1s?
[close]

They're killer. The only downside is they're the same size as my double sided curb. With 58mm wheels you can't unlock. You just kinda go from 50 to NG and stop.

If I throw a wilder wheel on problem solved I assume. Was the same with the 5.8 when riding the 58mm Dragons.

[close]

I have been trying to restrain myself from buying 6.1 hollow after I just bought those 5.8 but I started skating a specific curb again that allows you to sit on top and you need an 875 truck; 149s and G3’s won’t cut it. Went to 159 forged hollows then back to 159 royals…but i was really feeling the pinch with those cast 5.8s.
[close]

I am kinda playing with fire tho. I'm running -2.5 inny belly button threads with no glue.

Have you ever tried the green loose trucks conversion kit, Flea? Those might be right up your alley.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5252 on: December 19, 2023, 02:36:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

how you liking the 6.1s?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Have you ever tried the green loose trucks conversion kit, Flea? Those might be right up your alley.

I rode um but they died after like 2 trucks. Maybe 3 sets.

Was going to order them but I really don't need them with this truck.

The 6.1 is by far the best truck I've had so far. It turns good even in cold weather. Nuts not moving or nothing.

Below zero I'm going to miss the pre cut bushings

Banned from the room

« Reply #5253 on: December 19, 2023, 02:37:36 PM »
Its never worth it to cut a purple bushing that's good.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5254 on: December 21, 2023, 11:18:22 PM »
goddamn i want a 9.0+ axle venture
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

chaosisme

• Rep: 59
  • mankind is unkind man
« Reply #5255 on: December 22, 2023, 06:08:05 PM »
goddamn i want a 9.0+ axle venture

5.6 low first! 😜
mankind is unkind man

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #5256 on: December 23, 2023, 05:33:30 AM »
6.1's quickly became my favorite truck
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1120
« Reply #5257 on: December 23, 2023, 08:05:13 AM »
there is something different about the 6.1s. mine are just the stock, cast ones. i’m really like them.

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #5258 on: December 24, 2023, 05:40:48 AM »
I’m 3-4 sessions in on 6.1s and really like them. I haven’t even taken them to the curbs yet, either.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5259 on: December 24, 2023, 11:20:21 AM »
STOP the 6.1 love...I don't need anymore trucks :P

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #5260 on: December 29, 2023, 04:43:52 PM »
Why is the thread called venture 2020? Did something change that year? Recently picked up some 6.1s, came with yellow bushings and the manufacture date in the sticker was 2020. Are they still identical to the trucks from this year with the purple bushings?

Banned from the room

« Reply #5261 on: December 29, 2023, 04:52:25 PM »
I'm sorry I got bump the 6.1 one more time before the year is over.

We fuckin love you Venture.
You are the wind beneath my wings.

I swear I'll never leave you tho I might wander from time to time out of necessity.

I just want you to know that when I wake up in the morning and I see you laying there next to my bed. My heart skips a beat. My mouth goes dry. I go out a my mind with waves of unpure joy. And I just wanna look into your grooves forever and ever.

Someday we'll go into the cremation station together and be one forever and ever.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1980
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5262 on: December 29, 2023, 07:28:19 PM »
Why is the thread called venture 2020? Did something change that year? Recently picked up some 6.1s, came with yellow bushings and the manufacture date in the sticker was 2020. Are they still identical to the trucks from this year with the purple bushings?

2020 was the year of the Awakening
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5263 on: December 29, 2023, 07:50:21 PM »
i have this naughty idea
feel free to try it before me if you have the parts

but wider 5.6 - 6.1 venture on ace low baseplates

the difference between af1s and af1 lows is 4mm
so im thinking it would take cast ventures to 49mm

i just gotta know
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 258
« Reply #5264 on: December 29, 2023, 08:22:31 PM »

I think I was the last person to ask about bushing color before searching so I can field this one. Bushing color doesn’t mean anything the way it does with some other trucks, i.e. hardness.

If you’re asking if the Ventures from 2020 are the same as the Ventures from 2023 then I think the answer to that is yes. Unless I’ve missed something (wouldn’t be the first time), I don’t think there have been any recent changes to their standard model.

bryan

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5265 on: December 29, 2023, 09:49:13 PM »
i have this naughty idea

i just gotta know

It works. But they aren't what I'd imagine venture wide lows would feel like. The turn is somewhere between an ace low + venture high. The pop is very light like an ace low.

I think the way ace modified the baseplate and kept the hanger the same for the ace low is how venture could produce a successful venture wide low/mid >50mm tall.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5266 on: December 29, 2023, 10:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
i have this naughty idea

i just gotta know
[close]

It works. But they aren't what I'd imagine venture wide lows would feel like. The turn is somewhere between an ace low + venture high. The pop is very light like an ace low.

I think the way ace modified the baseplate and kept the hanger the same for the ace low is how venture could produce a successful venture wide low/mid >50mm tall.
are they sub 50mm with the baseplate change?
$30 for a pair on ccs
this feels like a why not moment

and i completely agree
venture should just make lo plates
seeing what they did with the “loose” trucks
plates and trucks could be sold bundled & separately
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 10:13:51 PM by munchbox »

Banned from the room

« Reply #5267 on: December 29, 2023, 10:11:25 PM »
A low plate would just lower your bushings tho. The pivot is about as low as it can go

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #5268 on: December 30, 2023, 03:56:52 AM »
sooooooo i been on thunder 147s for nearly 15 years but decided to buy some ventures since i had a gift card for a local and didn't know what else to do with it. just curious to try out something new, still on a little break from skating for letting my body rest for once.

so i got me the high 5.2s- regular, nothing hollow or some shit, then (too late) browsed through this thread and found out venture doesn't do aftermarket bushings except the "low" type.

so if the stock bushings blow out though is there any good fitting bushings i might be able to get my hands on?

anybody made the switch from thunder to venture and care to share their experience?

just tryna awake, so thanks in advance  ;)

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #5269 on: December 30, 2023, 05:17:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

2020 was the year of the Awakening

When our sovereign Bobby began to deliver the gospel.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
« Reply #5270 on: December 30, 2023, 09:12:28 AM »
Side effects of COVID led everyone to question their truck choices.....

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5271 on: December 30, 2023, 09:53:38 AM »
A low plate would just lower your bushings tho. The pivot is about as low as it can go
sooooooo i been on thunder 147s for nearly 15 years but decided to buy some ventures since i had a gift card for a local and didn't know what else to do with it. just curious to try out something new, still on a little break from skating for letting my body rest for once.

so i got me the high 5.2s- regular, nothing hollow or some shit, then (too late) browsed through this thread and found out venture doesn't do aftermarket bushings except the "low" type.

so if the stock bushings blow out though is there any good fitting bushings i might be able to get my hands on?

anybody made the switch from thunder to venture and care to share their experience?

Dlx bait and tackle, Indy aftermarket or bones bushings all work great.

Ace bottoms and a low ace hard top are choice.

Slap on a flat top washer just in case you ride loose.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #5272 on: December 30, 2023, 11:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]

thanks a lot for the info @Xen  :D

i am really anxious if i don't have some backup available, so that helps me a lot!
wich results in me always buying more shit just in case......

anybody got recs for pivot cups as backup? or are all of them the same size?
i know about the riptides but guess i don't really need them/ can't find em anyway.....

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5273 on: December 30, 2023, 12:08:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

thanks a lot for the info @Xen  :D

i am really anxious if i don't have some backup available, so that helps me a lot!
wich results in me always buying more shit just in case......

anybody got recs for pivot cups as backup? or are all of them the same size?
i know about the riptides but guess i don't really need them/ can't find em anyway.....

+ you can always get the Venture branded looose truck kit...they should really make this in purple...

While I'm a fan of riptides, I don't bother with them anymore as I don't feel the cost justifies the [small] gain; I just use whatever cups I have on hand that don't stick out above the baseplate.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5274 on: December 30, 2023, 05:55:39 PM »
https://youtu.be/6fBhJXhd7Jw?si=q1UQ0uNYtAyATAYf

Early YouTube truck opinion. There was another that was older. Travis Guide Channel or whatever

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #5275 on: December 30, 2023, 06:47:51 PM »
would putting my cast 6.1 hangers on my Ti 5.8 baseplates work?  and has anyone done this who has feedback

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5276 on: December 30, 2023, 07:02:58 PM »
would putting my cast 6.1 hangers on my Ti 5.8 baseplates work?  and has anyone done this who has feedback

yeah it’ll work.
i haven’t had venture ti’s, but my understanding is that the only titanium is in the axle.
as to your question: venture hangers are compatible with all baseplates.

there was some talk of the 6.1 geometry being slightly different, than the others, but that was some third hand online chatter. the 6.1s do feel extra good tho

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5277 on: December 30, 2023, 07:09:32 PM »
6.1 geo is actually different
have had 5.2 - 5.8 and 6.1s have a shorter wb

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5278 on: December 30, 2023, 08:06:14 PM »
6.1 geo is actually different
have had 5.2 - 5.8 and 6.1s have a shorter wb

makes sense.

the hanger swap will still work

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #5279 on: December 30, 2023, 08:19:44 PM »
Super happy on 5.8 cast hollows but all this 6.1 shorter wb talk really has me curious.

Anyone ride 8.5 on both 5.8 and 6.1 have any thoughts? Main concern is it would make flatground and flip ins weird, idk