Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231202 times)

Boog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 190
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1170 on: July 26, 2021, 07:42:51 AM »
Wrangler relaxed fit are awesome. Didn't realize how good of quality they were. And they're only 17 bucks at Walmart.

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1171 on: July 26, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone tried the polar 44 pant? my 93s are my favourite pair of jeans.
[close]
if it’s the same cut as the 40’s pants they should be right on par with the look and fit. I have a 32 x 32 40’s pant in black and they are sick. High rise, wide leg pants. On some Gilbert Crockett style for sure.
[close]

sounds dope, didn't even know the 40's pants existed. gonna check those out too thanks !

Mine just came in today. I never had the 40s, but the 44s seem to have a similar fit and are exactly what I've been looking for. Definitely a Gilbert approved fit, wide leg opening and high rise (9.5 LO, ~12.5 rise on the 32/32) very similar to the Leigh Chinos that Gilbert designed.

My only gripe is that the side pockets are that weird structure where they aren't quite deep enough for things to fit comfortably, so your phone sits more on the front of your leg than the side. A small thing, but a pet peeve of mine.
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1172 on: July 27, 2021, 01:02:44 PM »
Just copped a pair of the new WKND "Loosies" pant. They're $85 but if you buy from Daddies Boardshop, use code "Daddies20" for 20% off making them about $68 w/ free shipping.

I'll report back upon recieving them in a week or so.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #1173 on: July 27, 2021, 08:07:35 PM »
good day at goodwill

Vintage Wrangler Hero Originals 38 x 30
super nice material, love the color and fit

Vintage Levis 501 40 x 30
love dark indigo jeans, these are comfortable and have a nice level of bagginess. ive been trying to cut back the baggage slightly as of late.

gino green global jeans from the 2000s size 36
not gonna skate in em but these are fucking awesome and im gonna have the time of my life in these

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1174 on: July 28, 2021, 08:12:39 AM »
good day at goodwill

love dark indigo jeans, these are comfortable and have a nice level of bagginess. ive been trying to cut back the baggage slightly as of late.

not gonna skate in em but these are fucking awesome and im gonna have the time of my life in these

Those Global jeans are straight off The Wire, hell yeah.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

s0sa

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1175 on: July 28, 2021, 10:07:10 AM »
just got a the “og pants” from magenta in the mail today

fit very similar to levis silvertabs with a lose / baggy fit in the thigh knee area with a smaller leg opening

stoked on these since the outseam on the size M is only 100cm (i’m 5’7)

highly recommend although they can be a little pricey

if they ever make some new color ways i’ll definitely size up to a size L

https://shop.magentaskateboards.com/products/og-pants-black-denim-782

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1176 on: July 28, 2021, 12:21:20 PM »
good day at goodwill

Such a big come up at goodwill. Jealous of the shoes too

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1177 on: July 29, 2021, 08:26:27 AM »

fit very similar to levis silvertabs with a lose / baggy fit in the thigh knee area with a smaller leg opening

criminal these aren’t longer for us taller dudes. 39.5” outseam will have me lookin like swan pablo out here

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1178 on: July 29, 2021, 04:11:30 PM »
Just got my Santosousso denim in the mail. Instantly my new favorite. I’ve been wanting something nice and loose up too but smaller leg openings and these are perfect. Denim is really good quality and the drawstring is such a nice touch. One complaint is they aren’t quite as long as I was expecting them to be but they’re adequate, I’m just super tall and long legs so most won’t have that issue. Pockets are super deep and nice which is something I never hear mentioned.

Also here’s a clip of my loose plants role model Brad Cromer rocking the Philly jeans
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR4GZn5JSw5/?utm_medium=copy_link

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1179 on: July 29, 2021, 05:41:57 PM »
Anyone else order 93’s from this season Polar drop? Just tried mine on and the sizing definitely doesn’t line up with previous seasons. Ordered 30x30 like I usually do. They typically fit like 34x30, this season fit like 29x28. Anyway, something to keep in mind. Doing a return and re order.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1180 on: July 29, 2021, 06:21:42 PM »
Anyone else order 93’s from this season Polar drop? Just tried mine on and the sizing definitely doesn’t line up with previous seasons. Ordered 30x30 like I usually do. They typically fit like 34x30, this season fit like 29x28. Anyway, something to keep in mind. Doing a return and re order.

I got a 32x32 and a 32x30.  The length on the 32x32s felt decently longer than 32 and the 32x30s were surprisingly short. Rocking with the longer ones.  The waist on the 32 felt more like a 33/34 which was what I was hoping for…

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1181 on: July 29, 2021, 07:28:41 PM »
got every color from this drop (lol at my wallet) the blue/blacks and orange/blacks definitely were tighter in the waist than the other pairs. All were 32 x 32. Prolly from the wash/dye process. I also just come to expect the inseam to be around 30” when it’s labeled 32 so no issue in that department

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1182 on: July 30, 2021, 04:20:39 PM »
damn, i bought some second hand track pants today. they must be the softest pants i ever had. the color is awesome, too. kind of lavender. they are baggy as fuck. i wore them for work, which must be the worst occasion to wear pants like this in, and got a lot of compliments for my bold colorchoice. or maybe they were making fun of me. either way, i dig these pants. they are very muskapants-ish. i have to get more of these, the local second hand store has a bunch of cool ones.

ill post a pic in the fit thread after i've washed them.

starting to think i want to wear nothing but swishy pants for the rest of my life.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #1183 on: July 30, 2021, 06:39:46 PM »
Just got my Santosousso denim in the mail. Instantly my new favorite. I’ve been wanting something nice and loose up too but smaller leg openings and these are perfect. Denim is really good quality and the drawstring is such a nice touch. One complaint is they aren’t quite as long as I was expecting them to be but they’re adequate, I’m just super tall and long legs so most won’t have that issue. Pockets are super deep and nice which is something I never hear mentioned.

Also here’s a clip of my loose plants role model Brad Cromer rocking the Philly jeans
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR4GZn5JSw5/?utm_medium=copy_link
i remember before they dropped philly uploaded a video of him pulling stuff out of the pockets and he had like several beers, some spraypaint, a liquor bottle, all sorts of shit. I'm not a super baggy boy but I might get a pair in my size just to give them a go, they look cool
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #1184 on: July 30, 2021, 07:50:04 PM »
Expand Quote
good day at goodwill

[close]

Those Global jeans are straight off The Wire, hell yeah.

First two are gas, not sure about the last ones tho. Drawings on the butt pocket are not the move.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #1185 on: July 30, 2021, 11:04:57 PM »
These bull denim jeans I made are one of my favorite pairs, and definitely one of the loosest I own. Been in school since May and too busy to make more pants but can't wait until I'm done so I can get back to it. I've got a pair of Big Boys I borrowed from a homie which I'm going to copy for peeps who want that fit as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdsPyOF8Hl/

nevrwasben

« Reply #1186 on: July 30, 2021, 11:38:52 PM »
These bull denim jeans I made are one of my favorite pairs, and definitely one of the loosest I own. Been in school since May and too busy to make more pants but can't wait until I'm done so I can get back to it. I've got a pair of Big Boys I borrowed from a homie which I'm going to copy for peeps who want that fit as well.

Do you sew your buttonholes by hand or take them somewhere or did you pony up big dough for your own buttonhole machine??

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #1187 on: July 31, 2021, 05:10:35 AM »
good day at goodwill

Thos gino green pants  ;D so cheesy yet awesome haha

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #1188 on: July 31, 2021, 05:18:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
criminal these aren’t longer for us taller dudes. 39.5” outseam will have me lookin like swan pablo out here

For real, I have a thin waist and am tall too and its always disappointing when pants you order come in too short. I remember buying some polar surf pants in M and they were so tight... The fit is ok but I really wish brands would measure everything to a T, I ordered some 90's pants in 30x32 as I expected the sizing to be similar to the 93's. Nope, turns out 90's fit like levis, meaning im actually a 30x34! But I do get that the average guy is on the shorter side so it makes sense brands tend to size down their clothes, its even worse in asia hah :D

BugleBites

« Reply #1189 on: July 31, 2021, 09:41:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Do you sew your buttonholes by hand or take them somewhere or did you pony up big dough for your own buttonhole machine??

Nope, just use a tight zig zag stitch for the main button hole, or use the actual button hole function on the machine. Only the cheapest, most basic sewing machines don't have a button hole function. My old domestic was only $100 and has it.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #1190 on: July 31, 2021, 10:08:09 AM »

Definitely. Dark blue 30/30 were much tighter and shorter than my orange/black 30/30 and the two pairs I got from former drops. Fabric is also much lighter on the dark blue. Still fitting, but not as FLY as the others.

nevrwasben

« Reply #1191 on: July 31, 2021, 12:49:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Nope, just use a tight zig zag stitch for the main button hole, or use the actual button hole function on the machine. Only the cheapest, most basic sewing machines don't have a button hole function. My old domestic was only $100 and has it.
Or some industrial machines, but hey, good for you

BugleBites

« Reply #1192 on: July 31, 2021, 02:32:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I didn't intend for that to sound snarky - sorry. No, industrial machines don't have that feature since industrial machines only perform one stitch, for the most part. I use an industrial straight stitch, and a good domestic serger, then my old reliable Brother domestic for stuff like button holes etc.

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #1193 on: August 01, 2021, 01:32:27 AM »
hey slap pals, i know this is a bit off topic from the current convo but im wondering if any of you guys can help me with sizing for polar surf pants? ive seen a lot of cool clips of people wearing them and the lighter weight, roomier thighs, and elastic waist are big selling points to me. ive been waiting to pull the trigger on them for a couple weeks now and wanted to make sure i get the right size. I go 40 tts for dickies carpenter jeans and 42 for baggier fit. Would i want to go L or XL? i would think XL for the baggy fit but i want to confirm with someone whos actually worn them first. looking at the olive colour. 

thanks a lot pals, hopefully someone can help me pull the trigger on these pants yo
niggling

[/quote]

nevrwasben

« Reply #1194 on: August 01, 2021, 10:31:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I didn't intend for that to sound snarky - sorry. No, industrial machines don't have that feature since industrial machines only perform one stitch, for the most part. I use an industrial straight stitch, and a good domestic serger, then my old reliable Brother domestic for stuff like button holes etc.
All good man, and a cheap home sewer at that price point with the buttonhole function would totally be worth the money; Ima need to look into that...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1195 on: August 01, 2021, 11:26:57 PM »
hey slap pals, i know this is a bit off topic from the current convo but im wondering if any of you guys can help me with sizing for polar surf pants? ive seen a lot of cool clips of people wearing them and the lighter weight, roomier thighs, and elastic waist are big selling points to me. ive been waiting to pull the trigger on them for a couple weeks now and wanted to make sure i get the right size. I go 40 tts for dickies carpenter jeans and 42 for baggier fit. Would i want to go L or XL? i would think XL for the baggy fit but i want to confirm with someone whos actually worn them first. looking at the olive colour. 

thanks a lot pals, hopefully someone can help me pull the trigger on these pants yo

I bought some the other day so you can use me as a reference. I’m usually in between sizes 30 and 32 waist on pants, depending on brands, which would be the S or M for the surf pants… got the M and they fit perfect! I can even rock them without tying the waist cord and they don’t fall down my ass because of the waist elastic. They are super comfortable and look really good, highly recommended!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1196 on: August 02, 2021, 03:28:34 AM »
pretty much on a carhartt simple pant kick. i am a 33 or so in levis but there i usually size up. Carhartt would fit me fine in 31 waist i guess but i size up to 34 so they feel a lot looser and i just like the way they wear in more compared to dickies material. The slight taper and roomy thighs on em make them look hella good!

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1197 on: August 02, 2021, 08:04:51 AM »
Ok. Not digging the stay loose levis somehow and sent 'em back. They fit unproportionally wide on the leg and tight on the butt (compared to my carhartt simple & single pants). Bought the biggest size available at 36/34 though.

Thanks to the fella, who helped me out on this one though!

About to thrift another 550 in w40 to skate in

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #1198 on: August 02, 2021, 07:08:25 PM »

Grab XL. I'm wearing the Santosuosso in 32, usually buy jeans in 34 (36 if necessary to get sufficient bagginess) and I bought the surf pants in L. I could have bought M but prefer the bagginess of L. If you're sizing up to 42 to get the bagginess you want then L will probably hug your thighs

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
I’m a fat Siamese cat.