Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231248 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2020, 02:27:50 AM »
holy shit, 36 inseam... my midget ass has pants stacking up on my shoes like crazy whenever i go 32 or up. i can't even relate lol. optimal length for me would be 31, i can wear these as it is or cuff em up when i feel like it without them looking like highwaters.

polar surf pants in regular cut length size s have the perfect length for me personally. best pants anyway.

EDIT: yo i am not even sure if this is about leg length or waist inseam tbh
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:03:57 AM by Frank »

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2020, 09:16:31 AM »
https://www.dickies.ca/en/automotive/industrial-flat-front-pant/LP812.html?dwvar_LP812_color=BK#start=1

These come in 37 and 39 inseams. They're uncut seams at the bottom but if you cuff them once they look fine. They fit pretty close to 874s.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2020, 09:34:04 AM »
https://www.dickies.ca/en/automotive/industrial-flat-front-pant/LP812.html?dwvar_LP812_color=BK#start=1

These come in 37 and 39 inseams. They're uncut seams at the bottom but if you cuff them once they look fine. They fit pretty close to 874s.

874s come in those same lengths with the same colors with more durability. why would you get them over 874?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2020, 11:57:31 AM »
I'm a big fan of 874s but I size up and add pleats to the waist for extra thigh room and grandpa swag.

glen4725

• Rep: 0
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2020, 01:30:06 AM »
Well I don't know the exact reason but I think that since women work a lot on their bodies to keep it in a good shape so they don't mind revealing it by wearing tight jeans.

Now men are also moving towards skinny jeans. I am a man from India and I recently went to buy jeans for myself, all the jeans that the shopkeeper showed me were either skinny or super skinny jeans. I told him that I wanted a loose fitting jeans, but he told that since men nowadays don't prefer loose jeans so they don't sell. So i though of trying one of those tight jeans.
I buy tie dye hoodie mens at astroworld merch and This is one of the best.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2020, 05:30:47 AM »
Wonder how those theories easy pants fit
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2020, 06:07:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
whos rockin 36 inseam?
[close]

carhartt makes a 36, that's my usual go to. the b01 double fronts that are supposed to be "shrink to fit" are like a 38 inseam (and really dont shrink), so i usually cuff them. their pre washed pants are a true 36
[close]

how long do they usually last for you? id want some years out of them for $50. all my other carhartt gear is indestructible but i never owned their dungarees
been wearing the same pair of b11 ones for two years. the b01s will last a lot longer. vintage heads actually sell "pre worn" carhartts for $$$

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 9
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2020, 12:36:48 AM »
Relaxed fit volcom "frickin" chinos, they've got the perfect amount of stretch. I'm still wearing an olive colored pair I got at the end of high school. Honestly volcom pants in general have been excellent imo. If you want sweats, nike sb "shield swoosh" pants are also really comfy.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2020, 01:05:57 AM »
Well I don't know the exact reason but I think that since women work a lot on their bodies to keep it in a good shape so they don't mind revealing it by wearing tight jeans.

Now men are also moving towards skinny jeans. I am a man from India and I recently went to buy jeans for myself, all the jeans that the shopkeeper showed me were either skinny or super skinny jeans. I told him that I wanted a loose fitting jeans, but he told that since men nowadays don't prefer loose jeans so they don't sell. So i though of trying one of those tight jeans.

Now men are also moving towards skinny jeans?! That ship sailed about 9 years ago dude.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2020, 01:23:41 AM »
I rock similar style pants than my 70year old father, not too loose not too slim, casual 😄
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

cant kickflip but can tre

« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2020, 10:23:50 PM »
I like the Polar 93's would like to try the surf pants but they are expensive.

I recently got some DC relaxed tapered jeans and they are great, can be had for cheap too. Similar size to the 93's but are pleated and taper in more.

https://www.dcshoes.com/worker-relaxed-fit-tapered-jeans-191282563854.html#q=Relaxed+taper+jeans&start=1&hitcount=1
Good looks on those jeans. Ordered a pair and loving the fit

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2020, 08:17:59 AM »
I love the polar surf pants as well personally. If you can find Old Navy Extra Loose on ebay, theyre cut great and usually $20 or so.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2020, 08:33:48 AM »
rustler straights, go 4 sizes up in waist and 2 in inseam, perfect cheap work jean
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2020, 08:45:55 AM »
I have the volcom stretchy Chinos, but can I find the non stretch versions still?
They last forever. Those and the shorts.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2020, 09:09:27 AM »
https://www.pajamajeans.com/men/jeans-pants

Baggy, long and the most comfortable pant you will own.

But I'm fat and old so what do I know

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »
Vans authentic chino glide $27 brown on the Z

cant kickflip but can tre

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »
Alien recently came out with these that look pretty promising

https://alienworkshop.com/collections/sweatpants/products/spectrum-army-surplus-cargo-pant

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2020, 01:10:44 PM »
years of R&D at the workshop has finally yielded the ultimate rebranded rothko cargo

Donald Rump

« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2020, 01:13:06 PM »
Yep, just Rothco BDU's with an Alien patch sewn on. I suppose there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2020, 07:25:11 AM »
Anybody has experience with the double knee pant by dickies? Does it fit baggier than the 874? Trying to step up my baggy pants game as the 874 feels slightly too tapered at the legs for me right now.

Carhartt is unfortunately quite expensive in europe (workwear & the WIP line).

Also, how do these run? I have a 34/34 in 874. Same story, different pants?

Thanks buddys

Technique

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2020, 07:35:58 AM »
Anybody has experience with the double knee pant by dickies? Does it fit baggier than the 874? Trying to step up my baggy pants game as the 874 feels slightly too tapered at the legs for me right now.

Carhartt is unfortunately quite expensive in europe (workwear & the WIP line).

Thanks buddys

The double-knees are usually looser, but it depends on what kind you’re getting. The ones with flex are usually much looser in seat and thigh and a little looser in general. I have a pair of “genuine” (Walmart line) ones and even though they’re supposed to be relaxed fit, they’re looser than the regular line ones that are marked as loose fit.
Is 34/34 your true size, or do you go bigger in the waist? I can’t buy true to size waist dickies, the seat and thigh is just way too tight. Anyways, in general with dickies I’d recommend going at least a size up, if not two sometimes.

Technique

« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2020, 07:37:52 AM »
Wonder how those theories easy pants fit

Have a pair of their lounge pants. Everything about them is amazing. The fit, the fabric quality, the durability, everything is on top. They’re not cheap pants, but they’re totally worth it.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2020, 07:40:51 AM »

874 too tapered? Mine don't taper AT ALL knee down. The leg opening is 18.5" i feel? yeah waist and thighs gotta size up for room

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2020, 07:49:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
874 too tapered? Mine don't taper AT ALL knee down. The leg opening is 18.5" i feel? yeah waist and thighs gotta size up for room

Straight from their website:

A comfortable men’s pant, the original 874 work pant sits at the waist with a traditional fit through the seat and thigh. Slimming flat front and slightly tapered leg look good on every body type. Available in 26” to 72” waist size and a range of inseams so you can find your perfect fit.

Not that i dislike its style. the 874s have been my go to pants since at least 3 years, but I'd be down to have 1-2 baggier pants.

And yeah I do fit 34 in dickies only., Usually ranging from 32 to 33 in carhartt.

The Dickies Pensacola Jeans is also a valid opportunity i may take into account

bighead

• Rep: 4
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2020, 10:30:25 AM »
Chef wear is having a buy one get one free sale. Their pants are fairly comfortable and loose enough to skate in. Just got two pairs of the rip stop ones.

https://www.chefwear.com/

Huge shouts for the reco on these. Bought some and hemmed them myself. Fit and comfort is on point!

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2020, 06:30:48 PM »

I have spent a couple of months in the Nike SB FTM Olive Cargo.  They are made from lightweight ripstop with a 3% stretch.  I would describe the fit as something like my beloved Carhartt B324, loose/relaxed but not ridiculously large.  The material really is lightweight and stays cool.  The stretch kept them moving freely and not gathering below the waist like mil-spec BDU pants tend to do.

The velcro stays on the pockets kept everything flush and non-bagged through repeated washings.  They have stayed way crispier than a pair of Rothcos.  They have ties in the cuffs that I just cut out and the seams where they were are not noticeable.  While light and flexible, the material held up to a couple of slams.  However they are still probably a little too thin to wear on a construction job site.

The only drawbacks are the retail price and I know not everyone loves Nike.  They go on sale all the time if you are interested.  I am looking to pick up another pair in black.

https://www.nike.com/t/sb-flex-ftm-skate-cargo-pants-4nW2wj
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:34:57 PM by Live Fast Johnny »

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2020, 11:51:08 AM »
Expand Quote

lol was boutta post Artform pants as I’m loving their fit and this made me realize they’re rebranded Rothco. Still happy to support their skate team and they often have better deals than Rothco.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2020, 07:37:47 AM »

lol was boutta post Artform pants as I’m loving their fit and this made me realize they’re rebranded Rothco. Still happy to support their skate team and they often have better deals than Rothco.
Yup Artformdoes better price usually than direct from Rothco. Once I realized artform was Rothco cargos I looked into it and artform does good sales still that make them $30/35 sometimes and they seem like a cool skate team to support.
No comply skate shop also has their own branded Rothco but that are more expensive than other people who sell them.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2020, 12:00:36 PM »