Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231416 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2020, 05:23:15 PM »
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-relaxed-wide-fit-pants-425782.html?dwvar_425782_color=COL32&cgid=men-uniqlo-u#start=81&cgid=men-uniqlo-u

I copped a pair of these in red and just got them today. They're nice and loose, high waisted, and made out of a lightweight fabric that seems like it'll be nice for hot summer days. I would imagine that they're a little similar to the Polar surf pants or the Vans embarcadero pants, but maybe less tapered and more cropped. I'd recommend them for sure.

Look a bit too cropped for me, and knowing that its uniqlo I doubt the thigh room compares to surf pants but it could work great for some people

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2020, 10:47:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Anybody know what the deal is with these?

https://www.vans.com/shop/embarcadero-pant-military-khaki?variationId=Military%20Khaki#hero=2

Looks good, but I’m afraid they may be TOO loose. I don’t want to look like goofy boy. I just want comfy pants.
[close]

I've got a pair of the XL khaki ones that I recently dyed green. They're very similar to XL Polar surf pants, but a tiny bit slightly roomier in the thigh area, and the leg opening is a bit smaller so theres a hair more taper in the vans ones. Overall I prefer the surf pants fit, but they're almost the same, in fact they're so similar I'd say using the dimensions here as reference should be fine: https://usa.polarskateco.com/collections/pants/products/surf-pants-new-navy-1, just take off about half an inch from the "1/2 bottom leg" measurement

I returned these after showing my wife and she told me I looked like the Monopoly man.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2020, 06:34:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

https://www.vans.com/shop/embarcadero-pant-military-khaki?variationId=Military%20Khaki#hero=2

Looks good, but I’m afraid they may be TOO loose. I don’t want to look like goofy boy. I just want comfy pants.
[close]

I've got a pair of the XL khaki ones that I recently dyed green. They're very similar to XL Polar surf pants, but a tiny bit slightly roomier in the thigh area, and the leg opening is a bit smaller so theres a hair more taper in the vans ones. Overall I prefer the surf pants fit, but they're almost the same, in fact they're so similar I'd say using the dimensions here as reference should be fine: https://usa.polarskateco.com/collections/pants/products/surf-pants-new-navy-1, just take off about half an inch from the "1/2 bottom leg" measurement
[close]

I returned these after showing my wife and she told me I looked like the Monopoly man.
nothing wrong with looking like a sophisticated adult
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

drunk guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2020, 06:45:20 AM »
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-relaxed-wide-fit-pants-425782.html?dwvar_425782_color=COL32&cgid=men-uniqlo-u#start=81&cgid=men-uniqlo-u

I copped a pair of these in red and just got them today. They're nice and loose, high waisted, and made out of a lightweight fabric that seems like it'll be nice for hot summer days. I would imagine that they're a little similar to the Polar surf pants or the Vans embarcadero pants, but maybe less tapered and more cropped. I'd recommend them for sure.
I got a similar pair from uniqlo with the same fit, they were heavier weight and had pleats. I had a last minute courthouse wedding to go and had to find something super fast. They're a little too "goofy boy" for me personally but the quality was surprisingly very good.

Edit I actually found them, if you're into this type of fit check them out they're very affordable.
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-wide-fit-pleated-tapered-pants-425779COL09INS035000.html?s=shopping&&gclid=Cj0KCQjwka_1BRCPARIsAMlUmEolejbgF6nF6J6o_10o7p9nl9cXX00ZhqhGqpiSJW28rayNnC79n40aAs69EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2020, 08:29:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Look a bit too cropped for me, and knowing that its uniqlo I doubt the thigh room compares to surf pants but it could work great for some people

nah it's not cropped at all. i'm 6"2' and these were surprisingly baggy(and long, it also doesn't stack good on top of ur shoes so it swallows it/had to cuff a couple)! even if it sits at waist. i got a size L on them too, i wish they were somewhat tapered on the bottom like the surf pants but for the price that you can get them at. It's pretty much a steal. when shit clears i'll take it to tailor and have it hemmed/tapered like the surf pants.

However the Men's "U" Work Utility Pants fit like Carhartt's Double Knee Front Work Dungaree's. More roomier and baggy on the thigh and through the legs. It depends on the waist size that you get them tho.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:32:54 AM by ferraveemo »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #246 on: May 01, 2020, 09:11:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

nah it's not cropped at all. i'm 6"2' and these were surprisingly baggy(and long, it also doesn't stack good on top of ur shoes so it swallows it/had to cuff a couple)! even if it sits at waist. i got a size L on them too, i wish they were somewhat tapered on the bottom like the surf pants but for the price that you can get them at. It's pretty much a steal. when shit clears i'll take it to tailor and have it hemmed/tapered like the surf pants.

However the Men's "U" Work Utility Pants fit like Carhartt's Double Knee Front Work Dungaree's. More roomier and baggy on the thigh and through the legs. It depends on the waist size that you get them tho.
i wear 36 inseam in pants. are they long enough to fit me? the size guide they give didnt help me at all
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: May 01, 2020, 10:31:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Shit, I do not need more pants but thats great to know. will keep in mind

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #248 on: May 01, 2020, 01:13:15 PM »
Expand Quote

What size do you wear in regular pants to convert to XL in the surf pants/Embarcadero pants? I've been in a toss-up between both, and I'm not sure about size. I know Polar posted measurements of the surf pants, but neither brand has a size conversion chart (i.e. 'if you wear size 36, buy size Large in these').
[close]

I'm 6 5 with a true waist of 34, but I always size up to 36 ish give or take otherwise most pants are pretty slim on me. Depends on the pant lol

Went with the surf pants based on this sizing discussion. I got XL's. I'm 6' and wear 36 in most pants, or 38 in Dickies. They fit comfortably in the waist and loose in the legs. My legs are pretty thicc, so pants always fit a little slimmer on me than they were intended to - they'll be pretty baggy if you have chicken legs. With the drawstring, I'd say XL surf pants would probably fit someone who wears between 34 and 38 in regular pants. Inseam feels 32-ish. The rise is maybe 1-2 inches little lower than Dickies 874's (which is fine, but I wouldn't call them 'high waisted'). The taper below the knee is noticeable but not excessive - if the Vans Embarcaderos do taper more than these, they might be a bit MC Hammer-ish. They aren't cheap, but they seem pretty well made, and if you have a good local skate shop, now is a good time to show them love.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #249 on: May 01, 2020, 02:09:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What size do you wear in regular pants to convert to XL in the surf pants/Embarcadero pants? I've been in a toss-up between both, and I'm not sure about size. I know Polar posted measurements of the surf pants, but neither brand has a size conversion chart (i.e. 'if you wear size 36, buy size Large in these').
[close]

I'm 6 5 with a true waist of 34, but I always size up to 36 ish give or take otherwise most pants are pretty slim on me. Depends on the pant lol
[close]

Went with the surf pants based on this sizing discussion. I got XL's. I'm 6' and wear 36 in most pants, or 38 in Dickies. They fit comfortably in the waist and loose in the legs. My legs are pretty thicc, so pants always fit a little slimmer on me than they were intended to - they'll be pretty baggy if you have chicken legs. With the drawstring, I'd say XL surf pants would probably fit someone who wears between 34 and 38 in regular pants. Inseam feels 32-ish. The rise is maybe 1-2 inches little lower than Dickies 874's (which is fine, but I wouldn't call them 'high waisted'). The taper below the knee is noticeable but not excessive - if the Vans Embarcaderos do taper more than these, they might be a bit MC Hammer-ish. They aren't cheap, but they seem pretty well made, and if you have a good local skate shop, now is a good time to show them love.

The Vans ones taper just a tiny bit more but the main difference is the leg opening is a tiny bit smaller. I skate jordan 1s and notice that that the vans pants will stack on top of the hi top shoe a little more often than the surf pants do (which they still do) due to the leg opening difference. This exaggerates the tapering effect. But besides that, when standing straight, you can barely tell the difference.

Though I have one or two clips of the vans pants where they stacked on top of my shoe and as I bend down to pop the thigh area looks even bigger and there's definitely a slight MC hammer vibe going lol... but thats the worst case scenario. 90% of the time they're pretty much the same as surf pants, which in the worst case angle/position also have that kinda look to a lesser extent.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 02:11:02 PM by tzhangdox »

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2020, 10:03:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
nothing wrong with looking like a sophisticated adult

I’m gonna pull the trigger and get ready to look sophisticated. I’ll make the return if I have to. Fuck it.

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2020, 03:00:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
i wear 36 inseam in pants. are they long enough to fit me? the size guide they give didnt help me at all

I'm around that range so it doesn't feel too snug on the waist. this has drawstrings and a button clasp with zipper too. basically a hybrid jogger/chino but wider fit and no bottom stretchy cuffs. they're pretty long and baggy if they're not tailored or only if you go above ur regular size. i think if i had went with a medium it would've been perfect for me as far as length go. They're a little MC Hammer'ish depending on what shoe you got on. Cuffing them helps a little but i wanna get them hemmed an inch and get it tapered somewhat.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2020, 07:40:27 AM »
vans chino glide arrived and skated in them quick and got a sweat going but the nylon liner thing feels a bit weird, like more hot than it should have been in 60 degree weather. is that normal? maybe wash them first?

WideFeet

« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2020, 09:40:20 AM »
vans chino glide arrived and skated in them quick and got a sweat going but the nylon liner thing feels a bit weird, like more hot than it should have been in 60 degree weather. is that normal? maybe wash them first?

I also need answers. I wanted a pair of these also. Haha.

The homie the runs the local was going to let me come in and grab some stuff tomorrow, and those Chino Glides are on the list.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2020, 10:47:20 AM »
they will shrink a small bit if you wash them (in warm water at least), but it doesn't change how they feel in the way you're asking about

i personally don't have an overheating problem with them, they're basically my favorite pants as far as fit

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2020, 12:41:43 PM »
they will shrink a small bit if you wash them (in warm water at least), but it doesn't change how they feel in the way you're asking about

i personally don't have an overheating problem with them, they're basically my favorite pants as far as fit
great fit. comfy waist with the inner shoe string belt too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 08:01:47 AM by jay_nev »

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #256 on: May 08, 2020, 03:24:26 AM »
Got some Polar 93's today. Holy smokes they are baggy. 34/34 size.
As expected, they are too big in the waist, but the length was good, which is my usual struggle. I wish they came in 32/34 tho. That would have been perfect!

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #257 on: May 08, 2020, 07:28:45 AM »
Anyone know how the Theories Stamp work pants fit?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: May 08, 2020, 08:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
great fit. comfy waist with the inner shoe string belt too.
havent washed yet but these vans authentic chino glide fit right. I can see myself grabbing them everyday. Super comfy I think they were just stiff out the package.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2020, 12:20:55 PM »

Not sure of the brand but it would be well worth a few hours of searching.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #260 on: May 09, 2020, 09:33:15 AM »
Anyone tried Modus baggy fit work pants?

WideFeet

« Reply #261 on: May 09, 2020, 03:43:25 PM »
UPDATE

My Vans Embarcadero pants came in today, and they do not disappoint.

Inseam is perfect. I didn’t have to roll them up. Very comfy and not too loose at all.

Gotta get them in Black now. And I’m wanting to try some Polar Surf Pants now. Haha

If anyone had any questions about sizing, let me know.

switchmongojazzpush

• Rep: -2
« Reply #263 on: May 09, 2020, 07:11:43 PM »
I bought this double knee pair of rei pants that I’ve been super happy with. I definitely have chicken legs and even at 6’3 874’s look huge on me personally. Definitely not a baggy fit pant but good if you got noodle gams.

Those look great! Seem like a lighter weight alternative to Carhartt double knees.

https://www.instagram.com/whatpantsarethose/

^This page is worth checking out

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2020, 09:52:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Volcom loosie thrifter pants kinda fit that bill but are cropped sorta

Vans embarcadero are also comfy and good for skating and taper decently

Domestics chinos are awesome

Cintas comfort pants
[close]

I really need to try some domestics pants.
[close]

They’re the best and bulletproof too

Oh and a friend has the altamont Ryan lay pants and loves them so that’s another for the list

Dome pants are awesome, but I would not considered them to be the least bit loose fitting.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #265 on: May 09, 2020, 10:15:36 PM »
Expand Quote
I bought this double knee pair of rei pants that I’ve been super happy with. I definitely have chicken legs and even at 6’3 874’s look huge on me personally. Definitely not a baggy fit pant but good if you got noodle gams.
[close]

Those look great! Seem like a lighter weight alternative to Carhartt double knees.

https://www.instagram.com/whatpantsarethose/

^This page is worth checking out

They definitely don’t feel as heavy duty as carhartt but I wouldn’t be afraid to slam in them. I think on the website it says they would make good rock climbing pants. Also glad to hear domestics aren’t terribly baggy, been eyeing some up for a bit.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #266 on: May 11, 2020, 07:28:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Cintas comfort pants
[close]

[close]

Oh and a friend has the altamont Ryan lay pants and loves them so that’s another for the list
[close]

Dome pants are awesome, but I would not considered them to be the least bit loose fitting.

Word. They look like they'd be similar to a Levi's 501 from the pics, like a true straight kind of fit. Is that about accurate?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #267 on: May 11, 2020, 08:37:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Cintas comfort pants
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Word. They look like they'd be similar to a Levi's 501 from the pics, like a true straight kind of fit. Is that about accurate?

First off, they’re not chinos. They’re cut like jeans. They have a slim/straight fit. Aren’t stretchy, and can fit inconsistently pair to pair. They also feel pretty fragile. They use really soft, comfy materials. I never skated in any pair I’ve had.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2020, 10:04:25 AM »
Anyone know which Levis Brad Cromer is rocking? 550? They seem to have some taper

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2020, 10:06:58 AM »
Anyone know which Levis Brad Cromer is rocking? 550? They seem to have some taper
I think they're vintage Silvertabs, but I don't know the exact kind.