Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231253 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2020, 08:47:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know they're not the loosest fit, but anyone skate dickies 67 work pants? I need to know if the waist is true to size or if you need to go up one like on the 874s.
[close]

idk about the work pant but I have the '67 slim straights and as much as I love them, the fit really varies with the color. I have a bunch of pairs and some are kinda baggy and a couple are almost skinny.
[close]

Dickies has the worst QC, their auditors must just be like "yup those are pants, PASS!". No two pairs of Dickies fit the same, they're like fucking snow flakes or finger prints no two alike.
[close]

Honestly most of the pairs I have I'm fine with. I don't really like my pants THAT baggy and most of them are pretty straight with a taper. Like some are a little more slim than the others, but I specifically have a navy blue pair in the same size as the others that are too tight to skate in comfortably. For what it's worth the couple duplicate pairs I have of the same color fit pretty much the same. But like if you saw me wear my brown ones, my navy ones and my khaki ones they would all look like completely different pants, haha.

This thread inspired me to order a pair of 874s in navy and they're great. I got the FLEX ones cuz I think that's what the '67s use for their skate line. They feel great.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2020, 06:40:28 AM »
Vans embarcadero pants are my current favorites (Polar surf pants close second) and are on sale at the moment. They do an extra 30% off if you are signed up for their email I think

https://www.vans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/VFSearchDisplay?storeId=10153&catalogId=10703&langId=-1&beginIndex=0&searchSource=Q&sType=SimpleSearch&searchTerm=embarcadero+pant

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2020, 06:41:28 AM »
Those are too loose for me from the images.  They look gigantic

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2020, 06:49:23 AM »

I’m about 5’8, 165lbs and the mediums fit me pretty nice. Loose, for sure, but not crazy baggy

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2020, 08:43:17 AM »

You need to take you to the medium fit pants thread son!

switchmongojazzpush

• Rep: -2
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2020, 06:49:42 PM »
Anyone know which Levis Brad Cromer is rocking? 550? They seem to have some taper

I have some 70s/80s era Orange Tab 550's with the harshest taper, fit super similar to the ones Cromer wears. I believe newer 550's aren't as tapered.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2020, 11:22:04 PM »
yo need some help... right now i'm sizing up from 30x30 to 33x32 on levi's 550s just to get what feels like a good, non-restrictive leg width but i've been getting tired of either sagging my pants or tightening my belt a lot. what are some pants i can wear in the proper waist while still getting good mobility? polar is my first guess but unfortunate they're so pricey

Safariferrari

• Rep: 41
« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2020, 12:05:21 AM »
yo need some help... right now i'm sizing up from 30x30 to 33x32 on levi's 550s just to get what feels like a good, non-restrictive leg width but i've been getting tired of either sagging my pants or tightening my belt a lot. what are some pants i can wear in the proper waist while still getting good mobility? polar is my first guess but unfortunate they're so pricey
True to size levis silver tabs can be an alternate to polar pants if you can find them on ebay or other sites.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2020, 10:16:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
True to size levis silver tabs can be an alternate to polar pants if you can find them on ebay or other sites.
good looks

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2020, 11:40:03 AM »
cannot make sense out of the sizing on the Polar Surf Pants... can anyone tell me what size of the Polar Surf Pant (S,M,L) would be equivalent to the fit of a 34 waist pant?
hardly art, hardly starving

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2020, 12:39:02 PM »
cannot make sense out of the sizing on the Polar Surf Pants... can anyone tell me what size of the Polar Surf Pant (S,M,L) would be equivalent to the fit of a 34 waist pant?

I wear 36 in most normal pants (or 38 in Dickies 874's) and find XL to be a comfortable, loose fit. I think I could fit in L's if I lost a few pounds, so you should be good in L.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2020, 12:45:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wear 36 in most normal pants (or 38 in Dickies 874's) and find XL to be a comfortable, loose fit. I think I could fit in L's if I lost a few pounds, so you should be good in L.

hardly art, hardly starving

2thick

• Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2020, 12:39:27 PM »
Tryna buy those domestics x Al Davis pants... wondering if anyone can tell me if the waist is true to size or should I go up one?

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2020, 01:45:06 PM »
can't wear pants that don't have room anymore. usually wear a 32x32 in all my pants, my waist is probably a 30 though.

for surf pants the large fits best for me, the mediums were just a tad too short but I only wear those around the house anyway, they look fucking stupid with blazer mids for me. larges go great with all my shoes and stuff and you can cuff them if they're a little too long.

usually for skating I go back and forth between regular Carhartt pants you get at dicks, and dickies stretch 874, got a pair of dickies LP810s that look fucking stupid but are nice and thin and breezy for summer, the surf pants seem perfect for skating but at like 70 bucks I'm not doing anything other than slashing curbs in them when you can get LP810s for like 8 bucks at goodwill or stretch dickies for 30 bucks online.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2020, 04:00:18 PM »
Loving the Polar 90’s Chino.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2020, 07:22:59 AM »
Tryna buy those domestics x Al Davis pants... wondering if anyone can tell me if the waist is true to size or should I go up one?

go up a size for sure
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

ex1t2

• Rep: 1
« Reply #286 on: May 27, 2020, 05:54:41 AM »
Loving the Polar 90’s Chino.

That instagram https://www.instagram.com/whatpantsarethose/ has been posting these quite a bit.  How did you size yours?

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #287 on: May 27, 2020, 06:24:13 AM »

Try the polar 90s! You can usually find them on Depop in great condition for under $60 (if you dont mind second hand jeans)
Im also a 30x30 and think the sizing is pretty true in the waist on them. They’re definitely a higher rise than Levi’s though.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #288 on: May 28, 2020, 02:52:55 PM »
Vans embarcadero pants are my current favorites (Polar surf pants close second) and are on sale at the moment. They do an extra 30% off if you are signed up for their email I think

https://www.vans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/VFSearchDisplay?storeId=10153&catalogId=10703&langId=-1&beginIndex=0&searchSource=Q&sType=SimpleSearch&searchTerm=embarcadero+pant

Good looks! ordered a pair and super digging the fit! I may just order another pair of these.I wish they had them in Navy.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2020, 05:04:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good looks! ordered a pair and super digging the fit! I may just order another pair of these.I wish they had them in Navy.

No problem! For sure, Navy would be awesome. I already had one pair of black from eBay and grabbed three pairs of green from this sale. The color isn’t for me but I figured they were cheap and I don’t think it will be too hard to dye them

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2020, 05:24:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No problem! For sure, Navy would be awesome. I already had one pair of black from eBay and grabbed three pairs of green from this sale. The color isn’t for me but I figured they were cheap and I don’t think it will be too hard to dye them

I dyed the khaki ones into an army green ish and it worked out great, the green ish ones can probably be dyed black or navy or a dark green.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2020, 05:50:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I dyed the khaki ones into an army green ish and it worked out great, the green ish ones can probably be dyed black or navy or a dark green.

Nice! For sure, I was going to dye them black but you got me thinking about Navy now. May give that a shot

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2020, 06:24:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice! For sure, I was going to dye them black but you got me thinking about Navy now. May give that a shot
nice what kind of dye

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2020, 07:13:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
nice what kind of dye

I just grabbed some Rit as I’m fairly new to dying stuff and it seemed easy enough to use

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2020, 07:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
nice what kind of dye
[close]

I just grabbed some Rit as I’m fairly new to dying stuff and it seemed easy enough to use

Just get those powder boxes of rit dye and some rit color stay dye fixitive to prevent bleeding and fading. The bottles work too but I've heard anecdotally that the powder is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL6NFLL8NI0&t=53s
Just follow these instructions, though I'd recommend you leave it in for at least 30 mins, probably closer to an hour if you have the patience just to get it to really soak in. The final colour will be a lot lighter after soaking and your initial wash and then the pants finally drying.

It'll be easier to get it to black as opposed to the perfect shade of navy. But in my experience (with another pair of much thicker pants) its quite hard to get them pitch black, you can get very close though.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2020, 07:45:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
nice what kind of dye
[close]

[close]

Just get those powder boxes of rit dye and some rit color stay dye fixitive to prevent bleeding and fading. The bottles work too but I've heard anecdotally that the powder is better.

Just follow these instructions, though I'd recommend you leave it in for at least 30 mins, probably closer to an hour if you have the patience just to get it to really soak in. The final colour will be a lot lighter after soaking and your initial wash and then the pants finally drying.

It'll be easier to get it to black as opposed to the perfect shade of navy. But in my experience (with another pair of much thicker pants) its quite hard to get them pitch black, you can get very close though.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the tips and video, that’s super helpful! I got the dye and fixative a couple days ago so I’ll try it over the weekend!

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2020, 02:35:28 AM »
Yo is everyone on their way to wearing Penny style baggy jeans all over again. Is this the cycle? I like loose fits but stuff like those Polar Big Boy Jeans are still a bit much for me. I like a fit that also doesn't look too rediculous off the board.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2020, 03:46:06 AM »
Yo is everyone on their way to wearing Penny style baggy jeans all over again. Is this the cycle? I like loose fits but stuff like those Polar Big Boy Jeans are still a bit much for me. I like a fit that also doesn't look too rediculous off the board.

I’m with you. I once bought some bigboys from the web (they were like half the price) and even in my regular size I felt like I was wearing some JNCO’s. Shit looked so ridiculous on me. I ended up selling them to a friend of mine that is not as skinny as me so they look fine on him.
Other friend of mine got some Polar 93’s the other day and those look like a much more reasonable fit to me. Might try to find a pair on sale.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2020, 07:06:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
nice what kind of dye
[close]

[close]

[close]

Awesome, thanks a lot for the tips and video, that’s super helpful! I got the dye and fixative a couple days ago so I’ll try it over the weekend!
My girl friend and I got heavy into dying stuff during lockdown. Its really sick to take your old white tees and make them wearable again. Definitely inspires me to buy less

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2020, 07:33:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
nice what kind of dye
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
My girl friend and I got heavy into dying stuff during lockdown. Its really sick to take your old white tees and make them wearable again. Definitely inspires me to buy less

Dang, that’s a good idea! Didn’t even think of dying other clothing items. My only experience dying stuff was about ten years ago, dying some fabrics for martial arts belts I used to make