Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231221 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #510 on: October 15, 2020, 10:35:39 PM »
I'm skinny....like 30" and I buy 32" 874's because of the high waist...the pants drop to the waist perfectly and I don't need a belt....just wish they tapered a hair....

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #511 on: October 16, 2020, 05:23:32 AM »
When I was looking at the carhartt and Levi relaxed fit on amazon I saw some wrangler relaxed fit. Anyone try these? Is there a taper to the leg?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #512 on: October 16, 2020, 08:42:11 AM »
Anyone know what pants gustav wears? Look like adidas track pants but with no stripes. I’ve been wanting some plain color swishy pants for a minute but got no idea where to find them. Ideally they’d be loose but not super baggy, have the elastic ankle cuffs/waistband and have a back pocket

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #513 on: October 16, 2020, 09:07:47 AM »
Way too expensive for me but I dream about owning a pair of Tight Booth pants one day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGU5U_Kh_Xe/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Recently got a pair of Levis Type 1 Stay Loose Jeans for free, and they're my favorite pair of jeans ever. Would love to skate in in but don't want to ruin my only comfortable pair of jeans.

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #514 on: October 17, 2020, 10:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/stay-loose-cottonized-hemp-mens-jeans/p/290370005

these fit real good and tapered well and gradual like surfpants
[close]

What's the fabric like? I ordered these but cancelled cause I imagined the hemp would make them feel less hard wearing. I like my shit sturdy.

Like a soft worn in denim. Theyre dope

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #515 on: October 17, 2020, 11:34:38 PM »
Do they taper as much as surf pants? Surf pants are great but I feel like if denim had the same cut as surf pants it would be a little extreme since surf pants have a LOT of thigh room and quite an aggressive taper, at least in XL.

edit: just saw on the website that the 34 waist leg opening is 17 inches which is definitely on the tighter side, taper probably quite aggressive then.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:51:28 PM by tzhangdox »

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #516 on: October 18, 2020, 02:16:01 AM »
Anyone know what pants gustav wears? Look like adidas track pants but with no stripes. I’ve been wanting some plain color swishy pants for a minute but got no idea where to find them. Ideally they’d be loose but not super baggy, have the elastic ankle cuffs/waistband and have a back pocket

Saw him rocking the "Stanford" track pants in Reverb a lot. Only logo on these is a little adidas writing under the left pocket going down the thigh. Super comfortable pants- you can have those with a fleece lining or a mesh lining. no back pocket though....might check helas for that

Digital Rasta

« Reply #517 on: October 18, 2020, 09:03:57 AM »
I have been taking the measurements of pants for years, this is basically what I've found as far as how different fits have different size Leg Openings. Here's a rough breakdown of sizes 32" to 38" and the approximate measurements across the front of the bottom hem.

Super Skinny Jeans- 7"
Skinny Jeans- 7.5"
Slim Tapered- 8"
Slim Straight- 8.5" (Levi's 501)
Regular Tapered- 9" (Dickies 874)
Regular Straight- 9.5"
Relaxed Tapered- 10"
Relaxed Straight- 10.5"
Loose Tapered- 11"
Loose Straight- 11.5"
Baggy Fit- 12"

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #518 on: October 18, 2020, 09:07:10 AM »
Pretty sure I commented this on Gilbert's Insta but leg opening is the wheelbase of pants.....

Digital Rasta

« Reply #519 on: October 18, 2020, 09:14:36 AM »
Pretty sure I commented this on Gilbert's Insta but leg opening is the wheelbase of pants.....
LOL true that

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #520 on: October 18, 2020, 08:15:44 PM »
Expand Quote
But has anyone tried the BEN DAVIS™ pants?
[close]
Can’t recommend the Ben Davis original fit enough. More roomy than standard dickies and way better made IMO. They’re only slightly tapered but I find cuffing them helps with that. My favorite pants by far.

Samk

• Rep: -1
« Reply #521 on: October 19, 2020, 02:51:45 PM »
Dickies Loose fit Cargo pants are my favorite. Even with the waist being a little small on my they are still pretty loose.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #522 on: October 19, 2020, 03:39:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Speaking of Polar 93's, I found a pretty good alternative for people looking for a cheaper option. 'Barrel jeans' from Gap - https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=604867002&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=barrel%20jeans#pdp-page-content. I have both, and the fit is very similar. If you have the 93's, order 1 size up in the waist and the same length. Compared to regular pants, order your regular waist size and 1 size up in the length.
[close]
JEANS promo code takes $25 off these. They’re button fly?
[close]
Ordered these because they ended up being 20 bucks plus tax. As a member of Team Thiccboi, can confirm they give you room like a 90's skate jean, but fit at the waist. Would say if you wanted extra baggy, go a size up.
yeah got mine in they’re good for the price.  I think I should’ve gone longer tho

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #523 on: October 20, 2020, 11:49:17 PM »
Alrighty! Got my Polar Big Boy's today! Their leg opening is really big, and is a straighter fit compared to the 93's. They also dont have that inner lining that kinda annoys me with 93's. Big Boy's are just pure denim. And they are also longer at the same size, so 10/10 for me with long legs.
I'll take them to the tailor and reduce the leg opening and taper them a little more.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #524 on: October 21, 2020, 06:09:49 AM »
Got some dickies duck canvas carpenter jeans, went one size bigger in the waist and tts for length. Looks like they’ll be great for the colder month. Pretty much perfect fit; not too loose, not too tight 

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #525 on: October 21, 2020, 06:23:24 AM »
Got some dickies duck canvas carpenter jeans, went one size bigger in the waist and tts for length. Looks like they’ll be great for the colder month. Pretty much perfect fit; not too loose, not too tight

Whats the leg opening on those like?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #526 on: October 21, 2020, 06:46:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

apparently 22 ... cms?
I got them in 33 inch waist:
https://item.rakuten.co.jp/z-mall/2077-0058/
Stick that into a online translator, the rest of the sizes listed are in cms

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #527 on: October 21, 2020, 07:09:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
apparently 22 ... cms?

Thanks, probably going to have to bite on them.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #528 on: October 21, 2020, 07:15:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
apparently 22 ... cms?
[close]

Same as these? $14.99
https://www.sierra.com/carpenter-duck-jeans-relaxed-fit-for-men~p~19xhk/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=OrganicShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&utm_term=Carpenter_Duck_Jeans_-_Relaxed_Fit_For_Men&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuL_8BRCXARIsAGiC51BguhFM5oX4r4AMNOSwXz5aFzMzMp7oykiiM6zDHKDQNz66GwaOyv8aAuqMEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&codes-processed=true

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #529 on: October 21, 2020, 07:42:32 AM »
↑ yup! They are nice and thick and 100% cotton too so they won’t collect lint like regular dickies, really stoked on how solid they feel

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #530 on: October 26, 2020, 07:13:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
apparently 22 ... cms?
[close]

Update: went for a skate in them yesterday and really enjoyed them; not super baggy but they give you enough room to move around in. Probably wouldn’t rock them in summer but they’ll make great pants for the winter. I especially like that they are 100% cotton too as opposed to regular dickies which feel Teri Le when you sweat in them (and collect way too much lint).

Diocletian

« Reply #531 on: October 27, 2020, 09:11:34 AM »
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread "Red Kap" brand pants as a Dickies alternative. Dickies is sold out of a ton of stuff on their site it seems, so I couldn't order my usual pants. I ordered the "utility work pants" which are their equivalent to, say...a Dickies 874, but these actually fit way better with a bit more of a loose fit. Made in Mexico and they seem to be of equal quality, if not better with the same poly/cotton blend. Highly recommend to those who want to root for the underdog and try something besides Dickies.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #532 on: October 27, 2020, 05:03:58 PM »
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread "Red Kap" brand pants as a Dickies alternative. Dickies is sold out of a ton of stuff on their site it seems, so I couldn't order my usual pants. I ordered the "utility work pants" which are their equivalent to, say...a Dickies 874, but these actually fit way better with a bit more of a loose fit. Made in Mexico and they seem to be of equal quality, if not better with the same poly/cotton blend. Highly recommend to those who want to root for the underdog and try something besides Dickies.

I prefer red kap to dickies. IMO fits better, fabrics thinner and more Durable/comfortable similar pricing  and they don’t sit super high on the waist like the 874s. I got a few pairs I’ve had for 3+ years still look great. I bought a pair of dickies double knee flex and the left pocket showed considerable wear from my wedding ring rubbing on it after only 2 wears.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #533 on: October 27, 2020, 10:38:01 PM »
The cooler weather has got me in jeans more for sure...but when it drops below freezing.....I'm gonna run long underwear and dickies....

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #534 on: October 28, 2020, 08:35:19 AM »
After buying Levis 550s over and over on eBay I finally caved and bought some Polar 93s.

I'm into them, crotch drops a little lower and they stay far straighter throughout than a 550.

I think in the past 93's were overly cropped compared to the advertised length but now fit true to to size. I'm 6' 2" and these 32 30s are just are just the right length for me..maybe a little short for some but nothing too drastic.

So the 93's are baggiest than 550s so to say? I am not ready to pay 115 euros for a pair of polar jeans so im thinking about copping some Levis 550s on eBay instead for some bucks. Do they fit anything similar? If so, how do they compare in Detail if I size up on the 550s? I usually run about 32 true waste size but thought about buying 36 on the Levis.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #536 on: November 11, 2020, 07:39:08 AM »
Anyone recommend the Theories stamp work pant? How's the weight for winter? Just released cords too, looking for some corduroy work pants

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #537 on: November 11, 2020, 08:03:19 AM »
The cooler weather has got me in jeans more for sure...but when it drops below freezing.....I'm gonna run long underwear and dickies....

yeah, same. i don't really wear my dickies that much in the summer anymore, too hot. been rocking the longjohn/dickies combo in the winter for a few years now.

i'll probably always have a few dickies in rotation but nowadays i'm not about keeping a whole catalogue of colors in my wardrobe. black and brown basically does it for me. my stock is slowly fading as one pair after the other disintegrates on me. i'll probably get some more in the future but would like to see better fabrics, especially organic would be nice.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #538 on: November 11, 2020, 08:06:13 AM »
Anyone recommend the Theories stamp work pant? How's the weight for winter? Just released cords too, looking for some corduroy work pants

I like my theories stamp pants . They run a little short though. I’d say they are a little more heavy than surf pants but still probably cold for winter .

I wear a small in surf pants and have size medium in the stamp pants.

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #539 on: November 11, 2020, 11:45:53 AM »
Got a couple pairs of loose fit carhartts coming in tomorrow; will post impressions