Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 232579 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #690 on: December 30, 2020, 11:47:56 PM »
Expand Quote
as someone who wears 36 inseam, what size do i go for in the polar surf pants? debating on either L or XL but cant make returns due to them being on sale
[close]

I'm 34-35, XL. L is much too short. Depending on whether you want to sag them a bit or really have them high waisted, even XL can be a teeny bit cropped sometimes.
thanks man, went with the xl
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Diocletian

« Reply #691 on: December 31, 2020, 07:17:36 AM »
https://www.carhartt.com/products/Rugged-Professional-Series-Mens-Relaxed-Fit-Pant-103109

I got these and they're basically like a Dickies 874 but way better quality. You have to order one waist size up, just like Dickies. However, I ended up having to order two waist sizes up just to get a more desired loose fit in the thighs and butt. The bottom half has a slight taper so you're not totally swimming in them like a loose fit Dickies or those Ben Davis pants with 20 breaks going up the leg.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #692 on: December 31, 2020, 09:57:47 AM »
I think these kids are looking for a bit of swim.......

ballintoohard

« Reply #693 on: December 31, 2020, 10:27:39 AM »
6 foot 3, 165, wear a 32 waist cuz of wide hips but my actual waist is 28. Polar 32 in 93s, M Tall in surf pants is perfect. In the future I might go up 1 size in Ben Davis so my cell phone in my butt pocket isn’t as annoying

Boog

• Rep: 194
« Reply #694 on: December 31, 2020, 03:48:42 PM »
a my genetics fucked me over and i have far from the skinny skater stereotype leg but i love a good baggy pants. i have 550s in my tts and they fit a little odd on my thigh, they kinda hang on my thigh before they show baggy on the rest of my leg. anyone know pants that would run baggy through and not have this hang or am i perpetually fucked in my attempt to rock baggy jeans successfully?
Butter make a good baggy pant

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #695 on: December 31, 2020, 09:06:55 PM »
What’s a good pant that’s baggy at the top but the leg opening is much more tapered. I thought Levi’s 550 would be the ticket but they still feel really big at the bottom

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #696 on: December 31, 2020, 09:38:12 PM »
What’s a good pant that’s baggy at the top but the leg opening is much more tapered. I thought Levi’s 550 would be the ticket but they still feel really big at the bottom

polar surfs are pretty aggressively tapered at the bottom. Levis 570s too but they have a weird curvy seam that might bother some people

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #697 on: December 31, 2020, 10:00:15 PM »
Seconding surfs. If you're looking for jeans specifically, I know Carhartt has "straight leg" and "tapered leg" relaxed fit options that might suit you-I'm wide 'til I die, so I can't comment on them from first hand experience though. Tapered pants are also in fashion right now, so you might also have luck getting some cheapo fast fashion pants sized up in the waist.

Do you have a leg opening that you're targeting?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #698 on: January 01, 2021, 05:23:07 AM »
gap barrel beans. Super tapered and get a longer length if you don’t want them cropped. $20 shipped still, they actually just went down in price- I bought my second pair for $24. They’ve been posted in last 2-3 pages
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 05:39:31 AM by jay_nev »

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #699 on: January 01, 2021, 08:12:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
gap barrel beans. Super tapered and get a longer length if you don’t want them cropped. $20 shipped still, they actually just went down in price- I bought my second pair for $24. They’ve been posted in last 2-3 pages

What’s the waist sizing like? True to size or size up for baggyness

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #700 on: January 01, 2021, 12:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I went true to size on the waist, and it wasn't as baggy as I would've liked. So I'd say size up if you want them baggy. Definitely size up on the inseam though.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #701 on: January 01, 2021, 02:23:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I went true to size on the waist, and it wasn't as baggy as I would've liked. So I'd say size up if you want them baggy. Definitely size up on the inseam though.
yeah, I’ve been buying 36 in everything and there’s a little room. Search this thread, 2-3people got them in on page 22 and also prior to that to read some thoughts.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #702 on: January 01, 2021, 07:05:53 PM »
Carhartt WIP Master Pant: just a nice pant but you should go down a waist size. Worth it. Not a loose pant but a nice straight fitting pant.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #703 on: January 02, 2021, 11:40:53 PM »
I know polar made a “karate pant” but has anyone tried just buying generic martial arts pants off Amazon and skating them? They seem like they’d be nice in the summer as they are super light and flowy

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #704 on: January 03, 2021, 12:17:58 AM »
I know polar made a “karate pant” but has anyone tried just buying generic martial arts pants off Amazon and skating them? They seem like they’d be nice in the summer as they are super light and flowy

The fit is great but some might need a little tailoring. Also many of them are poly/cotton blends or straight up poly so if you're someine that only rocks cotton that's something to consider.

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #705 on: January 03, 2021, 02:10:55 AM »

I bought a black kimono pant with elastic waist from Decathlon last spring; A bit long but it fits perfectly once cuffed enough, and I like the weight it adds so it's not overly flowy. The only big drawback is the lack of pockets

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #706 on: January 03, 2021, 01:11:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Just copped a pair. Sadly didn’t have a waist size up in stock so I had to go tts but I did make sure to buy up in length.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
« Reply #707 on: January 04, 2021, 10:05:59 AM »
These are Old Navy Loose Pants. $40. Available in light, medium and dark. I wanted light but were out of my size.

They hit below the waist so normally I wear a 32” but 30” fit me with very little break at the shoe.

1% spandex which I am not a fan of but I guess I’ll get used to  the stretch. Should be fun to skate in.

On a scale of slim to loose they are about a 7, but very comfortable.

Diocletian

« Reply #708 on: January 04, 2021, 01:40:30 PM »
Haven't worn jeans since I was a teenager but those are my ideal type of color/fade. I almost bought a bunch of vintage Levis Silvertabs over the weekend in that type of color but I talked myself out of it.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #709 on: January 08, 2021, 01:06:32 PM »
Any good loose fit corduroy pants? My favorite have been the levis 569 and would love to hear some recommendations.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 122
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #710 on: January 08, 2021, 03:28:02 PM »
Any good loose fit corduroy pants? My favorite have been the levis 569 and would love to hear some recommendations.
levi 565 cords are the answer

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #711 on: January 08, 2021, 04:02:44 PM »
Anyone know what the brown cargos that Ronnie skates in Trilogy are ?

Where they made by Blind ?

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

slutbang666

• Rep: 2
« Reply #712 on: January 08, 2021, 04:15:15 PM »
Red Head canvas pants from Cabelas are on clearance right now. Plenty loose kinda like knock off carhartts.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #713 on: January 08, 2021, 06:48:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Someone mentioned uniqlo before and I've got some wide leg ones from the gap....

cookieboy

« Reply #714 on: January 10, 2021, 11:45:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Someone mentioned uniqlo before and I've got some wide leg ones from the gap....

Thanks for the recommendations. I wasn't able to find any 565s and I was hoping to get some Uniqlos cause I remember they were posted in the past but they don't have them in my size. How are the gaps?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #715 on: January 10, 2021, 12:32:00 PM »
The gap ones I got are the 'wide leg' they are in fact that....wide and short....a bit of swim for sure which is what this thread is about....the one thing I've forgotten about baggy pants is crotch sag.....these have that for sure.  The uniqlo ones look similar.  I think they are worth taking a chance on. 

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #716 on: January 10, 2021, 01:06:21 PM »
Red Head canvas pants from Cabelas are on clearance right now. Plenty loose kinda like knock off carhartts.

These look awesome! I missed the boat on my size though. I’ll keep an eye out for them. Thanks G

cookieboy

« Reply #717 on: January 10, 2021, 01:06:30 PM »
Awesome bro! Appreciate it a lot. I'm hoping that I can find some in my size.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #718 on: January 10, 2021, 05:54:29 PM »
There was some positive talk about Red Kap earlier in this thread and I want to confirm that these are sick.

I was thrifting and found a pair of double knee pants they make (have no idea what they're actually called) but they are nearly perfect. They have a very slight taper that's still loose and baggy in the thigh and knee, but the leg openings are small enough to cuff easily and don't eat your shoes.

The canvas they're made of reminds me of like a standard Carhartt duck canvas pant but more flexible and soft, they're comfy but the material seems durable. Only complaint I can make is the logo near the left knee, but it's small and could be removed with some careful work. Gonna have to look into buying more!

Also found an older but only slightly worn pair of black Levi's 550's, I swear these are the holy grail if loose pants for me. If you find a size or two above your actual waist size, you've found the perfect loose fit.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #719 on: January 11, 2021, 07:47:21 AM »
There was some positive talk about Red Kap earlier in this thread and I want to confirm that these are sick.

I was thrifting and found a pair of double knee pants they make (have no idea what they're actually called) but they are nearly perfect. They have a very slight taper that's still loose and baggy in the thigh and knee, but the leg openings are small enough to cuff easily and don't eat your shoes.

The canvas they're made of reminds me of like a standard Carhartt duck canvas pant but more flexible and soft, they're comfy but the material seems durable. Only complaint I can make is the logo near the left knee, but it's small and could be removed with some careful work. Gonna have to look into buying more!

Also found an older but only slightly worn pair of black Levi's 550's, I swear these are the holy grail if loose pants for me. If you find a size or two above your actual waist size, you've found the perfect loose fit.

Can confirm, I just came up on some 550s at the thrift for mad cheap. Got em in a 38 (im a 34) and they fit perfect baggy.