Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231239 times)

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #810 on: February 02, 2021, 05:35:38 PM »
size 33/36 regularly. would levi 550s in 38/40 be good for my caleb barnett cosplay?

I honestly have no idea what kind of giants wear the 40 inseam. I’m 6’6 with pretty long legs and 34 in 550s is plenty long especially if you’re not gonna be wearing them pulled up all high. If you want the extra length you’d be fine with a 36 inseam. I’d say go with 38/36 or 38/38

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #811 on: February 02, 2021, 05:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a pair of these I got for $20. They're really nice for the price, they're a loose straight fit pant. Not the baggiest if you get them true to size like I did, but still roomier than 874s or other pants like that. They are very cropped though, so depends on whether you're into that kind of thing.
[close]

What’s the taper like? I like the gap barrels but the taper kills it for me. I’m hoping they fit closer to the way I order 93 denim.
[close]
sold out. Yeah I hear you on the barrel taper but not enough to not wear. I like em
[close]

Yeah I still have mine I just can’t wear them with the Crockett highs. They work fine with low shoes.

I’ll post those bdg ones when they come. I ordered before dropping the link and they were still available.
[close]
The taper on mine are very very minimal, if not non-existent. I'm not 100% sure if they're supposed to taper at all. I personally wear my jeans with my Crockett Highs a lot (inspired by the man himself lol) and they're a good looking combo.

I got the indigo denim ones that are sold out now, but they still make them in other colors. These show the fit of the jeans pretty well: https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/bdg-bow-fit-light-vintage-wash-jean?color=040&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

Thanks for this feedback, it’s what I was looking to hear. I grabbed those UO for 20. Seemed low risk enough. Now I’m hyped, supposed to arrive Friday.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #812 on: February 02, 2021, 06:07:58 PM »
The new Butter Goods Santosuossos pockets look deep as hell. Seen dude fit a Henny bottle, champagne bottle, paint can and some other shit in the pockets on Orchard’s story.

You should get um. Sure it’s the price of two pants but homie is like a loose pant savant. Just consider the extra $50 to go to Philly’s R&D You order up 2-4 inches on the waste and your bound to have a perfect pair of pants.

https://quartersnacks.com/2020/10/all-part-of-the-show-the-politics-of-pants-in-skateboarding/

Edit: Damn, they got um’ in light blue and black.

Diocletian

« Reply #813 on: February 03, 2021, 02:34:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if im considering grabbing a pair of ben davis pants and a tts dickies double knee is my favorite pant in terms of bagginess and comfort, should i go OG or Gorilla cut? The OGs look oddly tight on the leg in all of their pictures but the gorillas look well,,, gigantic. Can anyone speak from experience?
edit: when I say that the OGs look oddly tight on the leg, I am specifically referencing the upper thigh/butt area, which is where I like extra room.
[close]

I go tts in the waist for Ben Davis, a good amount of room in the thigh/glute area.
[close]
is this for the OG cut or the gorilla cut?
[close]
I would say either fit you're still good. I have beefy thighs for my size and have plenty of room in the regular ones. But be 100% about your waist size on those because there's no wiggle room there, they don't stretch.

I ordered Ben Davis Originals and they were definitely small in the waist with tighter fitting thigh/ass area compared to Dickies relaxed or loose fit. Most photos of models are men with skinny legs so the pants looks very loose but for beefier guys like me, it wasn't the case. Ordered the next waist size up, waiting on them to ship.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #814 on: February 03, 2021, 10:58:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if im considering grabbing a pair of ben davis pants and a tts dickies double knee is my favorite pant in terms of bagginess and comfort, should i go OG or Gorilla cut? The OGs look oddly tight on the leg in all of their pictures but the gorillas look well,,, gigantic. Can anyone speak from experience?
edit: when I say that the OGs look oddly tight on the leg, I am specifically referencing the upper thigh/butt area, which is where I like extra room.
[close]

I go tts in the waist for Ben Davis, a good amount of room in the thigh/glute area.
[close]
[close]
I would say either fit you're still good. I have beefy thighs for my size and have plenty of room in the regular ones. But be 100% about your waist size on those because there's no wiggle room there, they don't stretch.
[close]

I ordered Ben Davis Originals and they were definitely small in the waist with tighter fitting thigh/ass area compared to Dickies relaxed or loose fit. Most photos of models are men with skinny legs so the pants looks very loose but for beefier guys like me, it wasn't the case. Ordered the next waist size up, waiting on them to ship.
i'd be interested to hear how the second pair fit

Diocletian

« Reply #815 on: February 04, 2021, 07:12:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
i'd be interested to hear how the second pair fit

Will report back, still havent shipped :'(

ballintoohard

« Reply #816 on: February 04, 2021, 08:01:41 AM »
I’ve been on the Ben Davis train since the 90’s and I’d say that 1 size up often does people the best. They’re work pants first, which are designed not to need a belt or sag at all. When you squat down they get tight in the butt so the bottoms pull up and don’t bunch behind the knee/limit mobility.

I do the trim fit now, which aren’t trim. Recently went up 1 size from normal and it’s a bit comfier and not really any baggier (33 vs 32, normally a 32).

Anyone try 559? I don’t find 550 that baggy, thought about them.

michael scarn

« Reply #817 on: February 04, 2021, 08:28:27 AM »
Expand Quote
The new Butter Goods Santosuossos pockets look deep as hell. Seen dude fit a Henny bottle, champagne bottle, paint can and some other shit in the pockets on Orchard’s story.
[close]

You should get um. Sure it’s the price of two pants but homie is like a loose pant savant. Just consider the extra $50 to go to Philly’s R&D You order up 2-4 inches on the waste and your bound to have a perfect pair of pants.

https://quartersnacks.com/2020/10/all-part-of-the-show-the-politics-of-pants-in-skateboarding/

Still available on parade. I'm stoked to try these, seems like they could be the new big boys

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #818 on: February 04, 2021, 11:28:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Goodlookin, I had forgot about that article and it’s definitely worth the re-read. Dude is passionate about his pants.

Grabbed a black pair, shoutout Homebase.

laramieskate55

• Rep: -46
« Reply #819 on: February 04, 2021, 03:41:36 PM »
These look nice and are cheap: https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-cotton-relaxed-ankle-pants-433520.html?dwvar_433520_color=COL35&cgid=men-pants-and-chinos#start=1&cgid=men-pants-and-chinos

Only downside is the short inseam. Does anyone know of a style similar to these from a different brand?

Diocletian

« Reply #820 on: February 05, 2021, 07:07:05 AM »
For anyone curious about those Old Navy Ultimate Loose Khakis, I got some yesterday and although they're a bit thin compared to dickies, they're still a poly cotton blend that is nice and loose yet professional looking, soft and stretchy for full range of motion. Cancelled my Ben Davis order because I love these so much. They're on sale right now, I got 6 pair for $150 and that's with faster shipping option.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #821 on: February 05, 2021, 09:35:28 AM »
Levis Stay loose are nice, went tts on waist and they fit like a glove. Inseam is perfect as well on my tts length. They ride a little low on the waist compared to the gap barrels and have little to no taper if you're into that. 

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #822 on: February 05, 2021, 09:39:27 AM »
Levis Stay loose are nice, went tts on waist and they fit like a glove. Inseam is perfect as well on my tts length. They ride a little low on the waist compared to the gap barrels and have little to no taper if you're into that. 
you got same size waist and length as gap barrels?
I sized up length in the barrels but wearing dunks today and I really notice the drastic taper at ankle. These stay loose still $17 on amazon
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 09:46:52 AM by jay_nev »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #823 on: February 05, 2021, 09:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
same size waist, feel like the levis have a tad bit more room compared to the Gap Barrel but it could be that wash I got was stretch material. as for length I kept my normal length in the Levis opposed to sizing up in the Gap Barrell.
picture for reference size 34x32
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:08:55 AM by Silky Johnson »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #824 on: February 05, 2021, 11:30:37 PM »
Barrels are way more tapered and short....I like how they fit but I could see how people think they are weird.... I'd recommend the stay loose over them. 

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #825 on: February 06, 2021, 09:34:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

OG cut. Have never tried the Gorilla cuts but I am very tempted lol

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #826 on: February 06, 2021, 09:46:18 AM »
Anybody ever tried Aramark pants? Saw some utility guy wearing a full Aramark fit and the guy was dripping, pants looked so good.

$15 here if anyone wants to take a shot in the dark before I do. Their work jackets are only $25 too sooo.

http://mshop.aramarkuniform.com/style?assort=catalog&style=2501

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #827 on: February 07, 2021, 05:22:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
same size waist, feel like the levis have a tad bit more room compared to the Gap Barrel but it could be that wash I got was stretch material. as for length I kept my normal length in the Levis opposed to sizing up in the Gap Barrell.
picture for reference size 34x32

Speaking of barrels, has any one tried these?

https://www.asos.com/us/asos-design/asos-design-barrel-jeans-in-mid-blue/prd/20431378?affid=26123&_cclid=Google_Cj0KCQiAvP6ABhCjARIsAH37rbTtxQxktJg8HlZQTbVima1D4_7czqF0UfA61MeyXNfzwdQj7iKrG7IaAsSnEALw_wcB&channelref=product+search&mk=abc&ppcadref=12030950135%7c114515119805%7caud-811543758133:pla-294682000766&cpn=12030950135&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvP6ABhCjARIsAH37rbTtxQxktJg8HlZQTbVima1D4_7czqF0UfA61MeyXNfzwdQj7iKrG7IaAsSnEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

p_higgles

• Rep: 3
« Reply #828 on: February 07, 2021, 09:45:08 AM »
Can anyone comment on how Carhartt Single Knee Pants ( https://us.carhartt-wip.com/products/single-knee-pant-hamilton-brown-559 ) fit compared to Levis 550? I get 33x34 in the 550. Carhartt website says the sizing runs big and to order a waist size down. My true waist size is a 32 I just go 33 in the 550 Levis for a baggier look. Now I'm wondering if I should get 33 or 32 in the carhartt single knee. I'd rather get too baggy than too tight so I'm leaning towards size 33.

I have to import these from carhartt wip usa because no one in canada stocks 34 inseam pants. It will cost me a bit of $$ so I'm trying to make sure I don't fuck it up!

laramieskate55

• Rep: -46
« Reply #829 on: February 07, 2021, 12:24:38 PM »
Can anyone comment on how Carhartt Single Knee Pants ( https://us.carhartt-wip.com/products/single-knee-pant-hamilton-brown-559 ) fit compared to Levis 550? I get 33x34 in the 550. Carhartt website says the sizing runs big and to order a waist size down. My true waist size is a 32 I just go 33 in the 550 Levis for a baggier look. Now I'm wondering if I should get 33 or 32 in the carhartt single knee. I'd rather get too baggy than too tight so I'm leaning towards size 33.

I have to import these from carhartt wip usa because no one in canada stocks 34 inseam pants. It will cost me a bit of $$ so I'm trying to make sure I don't fuck it up!

Why not buy normal carhartt pants for a fraction of the price?

p_higgles

• Rep: 3
« Reply #830 on: February 08, 2021, 04:21:49 AM »
I wasn't able to find any product like this on the regular Carhartt side of the line... everything is tapered down and normy looking.

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #831 on: February 08, 2021, 09:28:34 AM »
I do own the single pant and quite like it. I usually wear size 34 in Dickies 874 and ordered a 34 in Carhartt, which is sized up at least once. Does run big and fits baggy.

Can only recommend the pants, but as I'm from Europe the WIP stuff is easier to get a hold on than the actual workwear of Carhartt.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #832 on: February 08, 2021, 11:44:04 AM »
I wasn't able to find any product like this on the regular Carhartt side of the line... everything is tapered down and normy looking.
loose dungaree fit double knees for $40-50 is the answer. It’s not tapered nor is it normy. That WIP shit at almost triple the price?! Fuck that

kimura

• Rep: 15
« Reply #833 on: February 08, 2021, 11:52:29 AM »
Wow that Carhartt WIP stuff is WAY overpriced.

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #834 on: February 10, 2021, 11:17:44 AM »
Yeah these Butter Goods Philly Santouosso pants are the shit. Perfect taper, if you cuff em the cuffs do not move. Drawstring on the inner waist is great. The denim quality is great.

I can literally fit a 1500ml wine bottle in each pocket with ease. It’s hilarious.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #835 on: February 10, 2021, 12:13:22 PM »
Anyone got any leads on good black denim jeans with white contrast stitching? Looking for a loose straight-ish fit, but I'm open to anything  ;)

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #836 on: February 10, 2021, 01:24:32 PM »
thrifited some baggy gap pants recently. pretty similar to some surf pants. $5 can't go wrong

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #837 on: February 10, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
Anyone got any leads on good black denim jeans with white contrast stitching? Looking for a loose straight-ish fit, but I'm open to anything  ;)
JNCO on ebay if you’re feelin ballsy mate ;)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #838 on: February 10, 2021, 06:38:12 PM »
Baggy pants and base layer is actually a sick combo....

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #839 on: February 10, 2021, 07:24:32 PM »
https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/apparel/clothing/bottoms/stay-loose-carpenter-mens-jeans/p/558490001
Kind of a crossover with the sale gear thread but I grabbed a pair of these Levi’s stay loose carpenter jeans on sale for $40, colourways are pretty nice, the fit looks like good and they are a hell of a lot cheaper than the polar big boy carpenters.