Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231344 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #930 on: March 12, 2021, 01:35:54 PM »
wish i could find a stay loose pant for that price. i've never seen it on a sale over here. it's always at 120 bucks. if i wasn't dead poor atm i wouldn't mind paying that, but rn that's a hell no.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #931 on: March 17, 2021, 10:26:29 AM »
Snagged a pair of ceeblues light indigo denim. Can’t fuckin wait. Best pants in the biz

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #932 on: March 17, 2021, 12:26:06 PM »
Snagged a pair of ceeblues light indigo denim. Can’t fuckin wait. Best pants in the biz

Ordered the "snowy denim", or "neppy" if you're a denim head, myself . This one is a slightly tapered cut which I think will wear sick. in the rotation with the other 2 pairs I have
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #933 on: March 17, 2021, 02:21:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ordered the "snowy denim", or "neppy" if you're a denim head, myself . This one is a slightly tapered cut which I think will wear sick. in the rotation with the other 2 pairs I have
hold up can someone please explain to me what makes these pants fit the price tag? I must be missing something about these that gives them a price tag double big boys.

sadnocomply

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #934 on: March 17, 2021, 03:11:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sick! I have a snowy denim from momotaro & I’m a sucker for light washes so I went light blue on this order. Might snag a snowy next paycheck ;)  & to the homie asking for price justification idk man just rad to support Gilbert and the shop with made in America shit is my answer. I love antiques and vintage shit so I support him and his shop. A huge plus for this dudes pants is the 40’s style high rise roomy leg fit - absolutely the perfect fit for how I dress. A lot of selvedge denim is $200+ so it comes with the territory as an investment. It’s money well spent if you keep pants/jeans for years like I do.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #935 on: March 17, 2021, 06:15:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
hold up can someone please explain to me what makes these pants fit the price tag? I must be missing something about these that gives them a price tag double big boys.

Small orders, handmade, with hard to find (cone denim specifically) quality materials and USA made. $250 is the average price I’ve paid for selvedge denim.

These aren’t made for skateboarders. These are made for people that are into a certain a aesthetic. These will pair with the crocketts I skate and then I can slip on some Goodyear welt boots and hit a bar or a night out.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

michael scarn

« Reply #936 on: March 18, 2021, 02:35:22 PM »
I got a pair of the butter jeans world denim. Peeerfect fit. I wear a 32 and got a 34. Love the drawstring feature on them. I'm sure they'll continue making them at which point I'll probably buy another pair, hopefully in a lighter wash.

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #937 on: March 25, 2021, 10:29:15 AM »
aside from Polar and some vintage Levis/other brands.  does anyone have a rec on loose fitting light washed denim?  i love the color on the Polar pants but they just dont fit me right

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
« Reply #938 on: March 25, 2021, 02:33:07 PM »
aside from Polar and some vintage Levis/other brands.  does anyone have a rec on loose fitting light washed denim?  i love the color on the Polar pants but they just dont fit me right

I'm no loose fit pants guru, but I'm hella satisfied and in continual comfort with the new Levis stay loose.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

sadnocomply

« Reply #939 on: March 25, 2021, 05:29:21 PM »
vintage guess jeans, vintage Calvin Klein easy fit jeans, vintage Ralph Lauren jeans. Silvertabs are GOAT of course. Levi’s Stay loose are dope. Even Harley Davidson has some dope relaxed fit light washes out there on the webs. I went on a huge 90’s denim binge before the pandemic, had great experiences with all of these

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #940 on: March 26, 2021, 06:01:29 AM »
appreciate you guys.

that reminds me, i have a pair of stay loose jeans in blue 34x32 if any pals are interested

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #941 on: March 26, 2021, 08:08:15 AM »
The 550 is becoming standard issue here....

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #942 on: March 26, 2021, 09:16:07 AM »
Been hearing good things about the Chrystie loose fit pants, they looked good on a recent clip of James Sayres. Are they worth it?

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #943 on: March 26, 2021, 09:54:13 AM »
regarding the Cee Blues jeans... I thought 10oz was pretty lightweight denim, seems like these wouldn't take long to rip up and fall apart, can anyone educate me here? I'd prefer something with more heft.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #944 on: March 26, 2021, 10:07:36 AM »
need to try a pair. Recommendations for size?

barbarino

• Rep: 0
« Reply #945 on: March 26, 2021, 10:50:05 AM »
regarding the Cee Blues jeans... I thought 10oz was pretty lightweight denim, seems like these wouldn't take long to rip up and fall apart, can anyone educate me here? I'd prefer something with more heft.
Yeah 10oz is pretty lightweight, although I plead ignorance in not knowing how weight plays a role in the durability of pants - is there a correlation? I would suggest Carhartt B01s as an (affordable) alternative (12oz, double knees) if you don't own a pair already.

I've also been eyeing this brand for a loooong time now, Dawson Denim. They have everything I want in jeans; high rise, wide leg options (21" leg opening), hefty weight to them (13.75 oz) and as a bonus made in the UK from Japanese sourced cotton. The only thing holding me back has been the price (280GBP). One day I'll be able to scoop a pair hopefully.

sadnocomply

« Reply #946 on: March 26, 2021, 11:27:22 AM »
the thing is with raw denim you gotta hit it with the cold soak and hang dry before wearing them. This ensures the denim takes its form and strengthens up. While 10 oz may seem light I think they will be pretty damn sturdy and durable after the soak. I will be soaking the 13 oz light wash tomorrow night and will report back. I should have the 10 oz snowy by Monday will def report on weight differences

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #947 on: March 26, 2021, 11:30:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm wearing my 32-32 right now. It's slightly too tight, I'd recommand going up one size or as many as you can tolerate for more baggyness

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #948 on: March 26, 2021, 12:35:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
the thing is with raw denim you gotta hit it with the cold soak and hang dry before wearing them. This ensures the denim takes its form and strengthens up. While 10 oz may seem light I think they will be pretty damn sturdy and durable after the soak. I will be soaking the 13 oz light wash tomorrow night and will report back. I should have the 10 oz snowy by Monday will def report on weight differences

I have the 10oz snowy. They are certainly lightweight, however denim construction makes it a pretty durable material. These will be perfect for warm months.

For what it's worth most Levi's are 12oz. if you were to look at 10 and 12oz next to each other most consumers wouldn't be able to tell they were different fabric. I have some 14oz selvedge denim I wear, don't skate in, that is going on 7 years old. They have fades from where the crease and flex but no sign of quitting anytime soon. With the wider legs of the cee blues the only way I could see blowing them out would be slamming on rough ground A LOT.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #949 on: March 26, 2021, 07:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i have a pair of both tts and one size up and both fit me comfortably loose but i would say if you want a true baggy feel size up. tts is more of a relaxed kinda jam

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #950 on: March 26, 2021, 07:09:05 PM »
Yeah, it's in the dad Jean category but can be sized up...

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #951 on: March 27, 2021, 01:38:05 PM »
Bit the bullet and ordered a pair of the Enjoi Fader jeans in a size 28 from Skate Warehouse. They seem to have a good return policy so I figure I can just return them if they don't fit or if I don't like them. I can definitely report back with my first impressions and fit pics if people are interested too

Shuvbruv

« Reply #952 on: March 27, 2021, 06:28:23 PM »
JNCO jeans are one of my favorites. What's nice is that they go on sale for $65 pretty often which is when I recommend to buy them. Spending over $100 on a pair of jeans for skating is just too much, but $65 is a lot more reasonable. Their fit is really nice. It's fitted in the waist, but baggy everywhere else. It's super nice if you skate with a wallet in your pocket and don't want to feel it at all. The pockets are really deep too which makes carrying bigger phones and stuff a lot more comfortable.

I'd recommend getting the 169 low down since they are the least baggy with a 20 inch leg opening. If I were to say a negative, it would have to be that they aren't tapered at all, so if you skate with slimmer shoes, they're probably going to get caught under your shoes quite often and get torn up. But if you skate bigger shoes like Globe, Etnies or DC, you should be fine. Other than that they are extremely durable and hold in the heat well for winter skating. In hot summer they can get pretty warm though.

sadnocomply

« Reply #953 on: March 29, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/osMAqFh

Cee Blues Denim

1 cold soak last night these babies came out fantastic on the fit

whitemouse

« Reply #954 on: March 30, 2021, 11:14:34 AM »
https://televisistarcatalog.com/

surprised these guys haven't bent mentioned, keen to try a pair of the filmer jeans

any one heard of them or have any thoughts on the brand ?

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #955 on: March 30, 2021, 11:28:02 AM »

surprised these guys haven't bent mentioned, keen to try a pair of the filmer jeans

Never heard of this brand either, but lord these look sick: https://televisistarcatalog.com/collections/pants/products/classic-filmer-sunflower-black-denim-white-stitching

If those Enjoi jeans I ordered don't work out, I may consider ordering a pair of these. Would love to see how they look on someone first though!

whitemouse

« Reply #956 on: March 30, 2021, 11:59:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Never heard of this brand either, but lord these look sick: https://televisistarcatalog.com/collections/pants/products/classic-filmer-sunflower-black-denim-white-stitching

If those Enjoi jeans I ordered don't work out, I may consider ordering a pair of these. Would love to see how they look on someone first though!

hit up their IG pages, they look pretty dope, and since i been following them they've blown up a fair bit, theres a few pros getting into it

its quite a small team i think that do it all themselves, and theyll do custom shit as well

they look fucking sick on this dude

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNBvermBa-D/?igshid=1tzw9alucwuhx
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 09:49:38 PM by whitemouse »

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #957 on: March 30, 2021, 01:11:18 PM »
Where did the little dude or design patch on the pocket come from. Like the polar big boy drawing for example. Did polar start that or is it an old 90s thing

whitemouse

« Reply #958 on: March 30, 2021, 01:37:43 PM »
no idea, i assume its just a fun little logo they came up with ya know, just a lil skate filmer with a vx and a sunflower for a face

i would guess that trend of having little patches/embroidered logos like that is just to set them apart from other shit, its fun and most skaters are suckered in by novelty shit like that, i know i am

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #959 on: March 30, 2021, 02:51:08 PM »
Got those Enjoi Fader jeans in the mail today and I'm pretty surprised at how nice the denim is. It's very soft and broken in feeling while still being substantially thick. Since I'm in between sizes and sized down, the jeans also aren't as baggy as I thought they'd be, but I'm down for that. My only complaint is that the front pockets are narrow and hard to stick my hand into, but they still fit everything I need. I think I'll be keeping these.

Here's some fit pics if anyone's interested. Excuse the moccasins too, they were a present from my partner's parents and are comfy af as house shoes.