Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 232550 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1500 on: December 07, 2021, 04:48:20 AM »
How are people going with all these new cord pants?
About every five years I decide I want cords again and then quickly regret it when my pants basically rip in half from one fall.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #1501 on: December 07, 2021, 05:50:18 AM »
About every five years I decide I want cords again and then quickly regret it when my pants basically rip in half from one fall.

I like the Habitat cords but the waist feels pretty small even after going a size up. But the material feels pretty thick.

cs123

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1502 on: December 07, 2021, 07:26:24 AM »
Found a good deal on quasi utility pants in europe. Im unsure about the fit and I was wondering whether i should size up or not. I wear 34x34 polar 93's in comparison and I'm around 6'3. If you have them, let me know how they fit pls

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #1503 on: December 07, 2021, 09:01:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got the enjoi fader denim at work, these have to be some of the cheapest, most ill fitting pants I’ve ever tried on. They look like they were made by someone who just learned to sew. Really amateur looking stitching and details, and unless you hike your pants up to your tits, there’s no way you could skate in these. They’re very restrictive, no range of movement. They’re a few bucks cheaper, but I honestly wouldn’t take these if they were free.
[close]

Lol, I got a couple because I didn’t want to pair that much for BIg Boys, my mistake, I ripped the light blue ones first day in the crotch, super restricted up top, and the leg opening is too big
[close]

I was honestly shocked at the low quality/fit. I get that a lot of the new baggy pants are meant to be worn a bit higher, but I couldn't move in the fader unless I literally pulled them up so high that the crotch was cramping my nuts.

There's a key technique to providing range of movement in pants design, and it's crucial for baggy pants because of the longer rise/lower crotch. I figured it out in 1992 after about 2 samples.
While I agree that they're low quality and you can definitely tell that in the stitching, my enjoi faders fit me really well. I love how high waisted they are and how wide the leg opening is compared to some baggy pants. I also skate them all the time and haven't had any problems with them ripping. But I'm also really skinny, barely have hips, and like pants with little to no taper, so take this as you will.

The Theories Plaza jeans are solid and cheaper than Polar. Picked up the washed blue colorway the other day.
https://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/collections/theories/category_pants?gclid=CjwKCAiAhreNBhAYEiwAFGGKPDPJYYXusWazA1uumnB-N1en4kwoCrYufKQIDwaxSwzf0rFJgC1ehBoCnk4QAvD_BwE
Dang these are looking nice in the product shots, especially the lightwash pair. How's the taper on them?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #1504 on: December 07, 2021, 09:57:13 AM »
Quote from: Made In China
Expand Quote
The Theories Plaza jeans are solid and cheaper than Polar. Picked up the washed blue colorway the other day.
https://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/collections/theories/category_pants?gclid=CjwKCAiAhreNBhAYEiwAFGGKPDPJYYXusWazA1uumnB-N1en4kwoCrYufKQIDwaxSwzf0rFJgC1ehBoCnk4QAvD_BwE
[close]
Dang these are looking nice in the product shots, especially the lightwash pair. How's the taper on them?

Really nice, I like the taper of them over the 93's. and its not as aggressive as the Butter Philly. A nice in between
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

sadnocomply

• Rep: 122
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1505 on: December 07, 2021, 10:35:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Really nice, I like the taper of them over the 93's. and its not as aggressive as the Butter Philly. A nice in between
def gonna take the plunge, this helps a lot. Thinking of going washed black with gold stitch to replace my same 93’s in that color. Denim quality compared to polars?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1506 on: December 07, 2021, 10:45:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
def gonna take the plunge, this helps a lot. Thinking of going washed black with gold stitch to replace my same 93’s in that color. Denim quality compared to polars?

Feels good, not too thin. If you want I can snap some 93 vs. plaza pics when I get back home from work.

I will say the waist on the plaza jeans are much truer to size, I sized up to a 34 to get closer to my 32 93's
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

sadnocomply

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1507 on: December 07, 2021, 10:48:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Feels good, not too thin. If you want I can snap some 93 vs. plaza pics when I get back home from work.

I will say the waist on the plaza jeans are much truer to size, I sized up to a 34 to get closer to my 32 93's
that would be sick brotha, looking forward to the post

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1508 on: December 07, 2021, 03:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

What is the length like on these? They give no indication at all.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #1509 on: December 07, 2021, 03:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Interested in the thigh room, leg opening and inseam of the 34 inch ones.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #1510 on: December 07, 2021, 04:04:53 PM »

Although corduroy is inherently weaker, I've never had that issue myself. In fact, I have one pair of brown cords I made in 2010 that are still going strong.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1511 on: December 07, 2021, 04:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Interested in the thigh room, leg opening and inseam of the 34 inch ones.

34 Plaza pants on top of 32x32 Polar 93’s

93 measurements
Waist

Thigh

Inseam

Leg opening

Theories plaza measurements
Waist

Thigh

Inseam

Leg opening

sadnocomply

« Reply #1512 on: December 07, 2021, 09:17:34 PM »
@arrbee the real MVP super helpful thank you

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #1513 on: December 07, 2021, 10:58:37 PM »
@arrbee Thanks!

Do you mind measuring outerseam too? The thing with baggy pants is that the crotch is so low (or rather tall), that the inseam shrinks.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #1514 on: December 07, 2021, 11:21:59 PM »
Damn, definitely too short for me. Thank you for saving me $90!

BugleBites

« Reply #1515 on: December 07, 2021, 11:57:55 PM »
That's interesting that the Polar 93's inseam is mislabeled by a full 2 1/2 inches. Pants measurements are often off by a bit (sometimes intentionally as "vanity" measurements regarding the waist size), but the inseam should be a lot closer to the listed length than what those Polars are.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1516 on: December 08, 2021, 03:34:15 AM »
My bad on the out seam. I thought about it as soon as I posted and was too lazy to get back up again but here they are.

Theories
Outseam

Front rise

Outseam

Front rise

That's interesting that the Polar 93's inseam is mislabeled by a full 2 1/2 inches. Pants measurements are often off by a bit (sometimes intentionally as "vanity" measurements regarding the waist size), but the inseam should be a lot closer to the listed length than what those Polars are.

No the 93’s measure as they should. Check this size chart

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1517 on: December 08, 2021, 06:17:46 AM »
for my bro's who have dyed/re-dyed pants black, pls help a pal out

i just got a pair of dickies duck carpenter pants in black that i really like, but they came in like a "washed" black where it almost looks pre-faded.  i want to get them a deep black, should i just follow the basic RIT dye instructions, or for a deeper color should i leave them in the dye longer?  give them additional soaks?  is there any recipes you guys have used that work well?  thanks in advance

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #1518 on: December 08, 2021, 07:03:32 AM »

i just got a pair of dickies duck carpenter pants in black that i really like, but they came in like a "washed" black where it almost looks pre-faded.  i want to get them a deep black, should i just follow the basic RIT dye instructions, or for a deeper color should i leave them in the dye longer?  give them additional soaks?  is there any recipes you guys have used that work well?  thanks in advance
Yeah, leaving them in for longer or giving multiple dips will help build the color.

Some tips:
1. Wash the pants a few times before you dye, sometimes there'll be a little bleach left in the fibers from the factory that will turn your shit red when you dye it

2. Get a dye setter to add to the bath, otherwise they'll bleed every single time you wash them. Rit makes this under the name "color stay dye fixative" but I've never used it. The internet will also tell you that salt or vinegar work, but they dont.

3. After dyeing, wash them alone with a white piece of scrap cloth so you can check for bleeding before you start washing them with other things

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1519 on: December 08, 2021, 07:46:30 AM »

I got this back to black rit dye kit that comes with pitch black dye and this like color setting stuff thats supposed to get clothes to a deep like new black color. thats probably what id go with (I havent tried it yet i just bought it cause i was going to dye canvas that turned out to be too heavy)

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #1520 on: December 08, 2021, 09:39:33 AM »
Just a heads up: I ordered two pairs of the Winter 2021 Big Boy cords, the Rust and Brass colourways, but they fit completely different.  The Brass fit the same as my other two pairs of Boy Boy jeans but the Rust pair fit significantly smaller; indeed, they fit so much smaller I couldn't close the waistband button lol.

One more oddity I noticed: despite both pairs being released for Winter 21, the Rust pair have Fall 21 on their tag.

TDLR:  size up if you buy the recent Big Boy cords in the Rust colour specifically. 
The pant situation is out of control at this point

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1521 on: December 08, 2021, 10:56:14 AM »
Just a heads up: I ordered two pairs of the Winter 2021 Big Boy cords, the Rust and Brass colourways, but they fit completely different.  The Brass fit the same as my other two pairs of Boy Boy jeans but the Rust pair fit significantly smaller; indeed, they fit so much smaller I couldn't close the waistband button lol.

One more oddity I noticed: despite both pairs being released for Winter 21, the Rust pair have Fall 21 on their tag.

TDLR:  size up if you buy the recent Big Boy cords in the Rust colour specifically.

93's were like that in the summer drop. Orange/black and Blue/Black both ran small. Had to return and re order size up

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1522 on: December 08, 2021, 11:08:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

93's were like that in the summer drop. Orange/black and Blue/Black both ran small. Had to return and re order size up

Ive kinda found that certain colors would fit much smaller than others, for instance i had the light blue wash, the washed black, and the Iggy dark blue wash 93 jeans all same size, the light blue fit me perfect and both of the other colors were much much smaller. same thing with big boys, i had light wash blue, pitch black, white/black stitch, green/white stitch, all in the same size and i think the only two that fit similar were the white and the green pairs. pretty much across the board light wash fits big and black fits small in 93, big boy shorts and pants. Ive since sold off all my polar pants except one pair of surf pants, weird to hear this is still an issue though

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1523 on: December 08, 2021, 02:55:46 PM »
whats the word on loose fit 36 inseam?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

BugleBites

« Reply #1524 on: December 08, 2021, 03:11:14 PM »

So why do they call it a 32/32 instead of a 32/29? Strange. The inseam shouldn't use vanity sizing. Just double checked my store bought pants listed as 32" inseam and they are indeed 32". Both are baggy too.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1525 on: December 08, 2021, 03:36:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So why do they call it a 32/32 instead of a 32/29? Strange. The inseam shouldn't use vanity sizing. Just double checked my store bought pants listed as 32" inseam and they are indeed 32". Both are baggy too.

With the longer rise they end up wearing like a 32.

BugleBites

« Reply #1526 on: December 08, 2021, 04:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Both pairs I measured have a roughly 12"-13" rise as well. I figured they were trying to compensate for the rise in the measurement, and the outseam measurement looks about right for a 32" inseam - just odd there's a discrepancy between the two pairs I measured and the 93's. 

Not talking out of my ass here - went to school for pattern drafting and have been designing pants since 1992. This stuff is interesting to me since people love those jeans.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1527 on: December 08, 2021, 05:04:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Both pairs I measured have a roughly 12"-13" rise as well. I figured they were trying to compensate for the rise in the measurement, and the outseam measurement looks about right for a 32" inseam - just odd there's a discrepancy between the two pairs I measured and the 93's. 

Not talking out of my ass here - went to school for pattern drafting and have been designing pants since 1992. This stuff is interesting to me since people love those jeans.

Pontus has the key to unlock the riddle

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1528 on: December 08, 2021, 10:43:16 PM »
Got the Volcom Louie Lopez jeans....like a baggier version of a 550....comes with a tag that says 17" leg opening! 

nahynsee

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1529 on: December 10, 2021, 11:43:05 AM »
thinking of purchasing some new denim from cee blue. any owner here? how's the sizing on them