Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237405 times)

truthislie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1770 on: May 22, 2022, 11:00:07 AM »
They really ramped up my balloon animal game nonetheless…..
All of a sudden I couldn’t jump down any more than a three stair but I made a sick Polar logo out of a balloon. Don’t know where that came from.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1771 on: May 24, 2022, 07:43:04 PM »
Pant crisis.

Any recommendations for a good summer pant, ideally surf pant material or a tad thicker, that isn't elastic waist, has a belt loop. And is long (34 inseam). Good thigh room, but not super aggressive taper.

Ideally something that fits like a 36 ben davis, or 34/36inch polar 93 (from a few years ago) but lightweight

Not too expensive too if possible lol

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1772 on: May 25, 2022, 06:42:28 AM »
Pant crisis.

Any recommendations for a good summer pant, ideally surf pant material or a tad thicker, that isn't elastic waist, has a belt loop. And is long (34 inseam). Good thigh room, but not super aggressive taper.

Ideally something that fits like a 36 ben davis, or 34/36inch polar 93 (from a few years ago) but lightweight

I would recommend the Levi’s xx ez waist chino

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1773 on: May 25, 2022, 02:48:56 PM »
anyone know what brand this is?

butter goods right?

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1774 on: May 26, 2022, 11:16:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Pant crisis.

[close]

Concur. These are my new go-tos. They're often on sale on the Levis site, too.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1775 on: May 26, 2022, 11:56:43 AM »
Pant crisis.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Carhartt b151s exactly what I was after

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1776 on: May 26, 2022, 11:57:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pant crisis.

[close]

[close]

Concur. These are my new go-tos. They're often on sale on the Levis site, too.

I just picked up a pair of these from Macy's for $18. Well worth it!
How much for an order of ribs?

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1777 on: May 26, 2022, 04:04:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
After seeing some people talk about them, I grabbed the UNIQLO workers pants in denim. Really impressed so far. Super comfy. Medium baggy, if you want extra baggy go a size up.
[close]

look real good, how thick is the denim on those?
[close]

I would call medium, I have Cash Only & Volcom Louie's and both of those are thicker.

Oh, and they are a little stretchy

I made an average video if this is allowed > https://youtube.com/shorts/yc5pJEAqKmk?feature=share

ahh gracias, video is much appreciated!

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #1778 on: May 26, 2022, 04:34:52 PM »
I think Frankie Heck might be leading the way. He’s definitely one of my favourite skaters and I wish he got hooked up properly

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1779 on: May 26, 2022, 05:28:40 PM »
lol didn't realise we were back in 91 so hard

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1780 on: May 29, 2022, 07:19:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Pant crisis.

[close]

I'm in need of the same thing... Just got some Cargo pants from Active 50% off and they are way too hot to skate in... Should make a good winter skate pant though.

I'm definitely going to grab some B151s... Anyone have any experience with Theories Lounge pants? They're on sale and look like they could be a good option but they're still a bit pricey for me.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 07:30:49 AM by FuzzGNU »
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #1781 on: May 29, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pant crisis.

[close]

[close]

I'm in need of the same thing... Just got some Cargo pants from Active 50% off and they are way too hot to skate in... Should make a good winter skate pant though.

I'm definitely going to grab some B151s... Anyone have any experience with Theories Lounge pants? They're on sale and look like they could be a good option but they're still a bit pricey for me.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

I have the theories lounge pants houndstooth and can’t skate in them because the material is way too soft, almost like heavy duty sweat pants. I personally want something sturdier for skating even if it’s thinner denim. Great for just chillin around the house tho, they are v comfy

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1782 on: May 31, 2022, 09:27:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Pant crisis.

[close]

i wish they made this pant in the 'relaxed fit'.   a size 34w is tight on me but i like how it fits through the legs.  a 36w would be ideal for my waist but they look gigantic from the knee down.  the lightweight material is clutch, i just need something with more of a taper

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1783 on: May 31, 2022, 09:39:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pant crisis.

[close]

[close]

i wish they made this pant in the 'relaxed fit'.   a size 34w is tight on me but i like how it fits through the legs.  a 36w would be ideal for my waist but they look gigantic from the knee down.  the lightweight material is clutch, i just need something with more of a taper

Exactly. I have the same issue. I ended up buying a pair of relaxed fit carpenters and had to take them to the local dry cleaner for tailoring. It was reasonably affordable but i don't want to do that for every pair I buy

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1784 on: June 01, 2022, 06:11:39 AM »
any of them polar pants fit close to the ceeblues denim/chino fit?
good come sausage

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #1785 on: June 01, 2022, 12:56:16 PM »
I bought a Genuine dickies pleated painter pant from vinted with an integrated elastic waist system. Even going 2 size up from my regular size is compensated by this, and almost no need for belt.

Never seen the model in Europe before but it's perfect to feel like Ryan Lay. So If anyone have an ID on this

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #1786 on: June 02, 2022, 07:53:23 AM »
any of them polar pants fit close to the ceeblues denim/chino fit?

Polar doesn't list exact measurements on their site anymore, just tag size, but I'd say the 44 pants are closest to ceeblues pants. Materials and detailing aren't going to be nearly as nice though.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1787 on: June 02, 2022, 09:09:46 AM »
anyone know pants that would be similar in material to dickies 874, but be in the carpenter style with hammer loop and utility pockets?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1788 on: June 02, 2022, 02:27:28 PM »
I grabbed the Uniqlo wide fit Jean and it’s….not that wide. 

It does fit in the realm of loose fit but more so in the normie realm and not the current skate game…..

Denim is thin and comfy, cheap….not mad but don’t love them.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1789 on: June 03, 2022, 08:13:29 AM »
anyone know pants that would be similar in material to dickies 874, but be in the carpenter style with hammer loop and utility pockets?
Amazon Basics Carpenter pants

truthislie

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1790 on: June 03, 2022, 11:04:35 AM »
Update on my railway chinos: Got them back today from my tailor who is an old lady. Usually I just go there rarely to shorten pants that are too long. She did a perfect job and the pants still feel baggy but are much better for me now. She said it’s a nice material, wondered why they don’t use stretch for skating (I personally don’t like it). In the end she smiled You know I cut half your pants away and they re still baggy haha

She was super interested in the movements of skating and what pants cuts benefit them and to what extend it’s only fashion. If I had time she would have nerded out on pants and cuts for hours. If I d ask her to make custom pants, I m sure she d be down. So cool!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #1791 on: June 03, 2022, 05:28:01 PM »
Update on my railway chinos: Got them back today from my tailor who is an old lady. Usually I just go there rarely to shorten pants that are too long. She did a perfect job and the pants still feel baggy but are much better for me now. She said it’s a nice material, wondered why they don’t use stretch for skating (I personally don’t like it). In the end she smiled You know I cut half your pants away and they re still baggy haha

She was super interested in the movements of skating and what pants cuts benefit them and to what extend it’s only fashion. If I had time she would have nerded out on pants and cuts for hours. If I d ask her to make custom pants, I m sure she d be down. So cool!
She sounds so dope dude, I'm jealous! The guy that I've been going to fucked up the hem on the last pair of pants that I took to him. I need to find me someone like your tailor.

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #1792 on: June 03, 2022, 09:16:28 PM »
I got the new krooked rip stop pants and they are baggy in the calf and kinda tight in the crotch / thigh. i would recommend sizing up if anyone else is looking at them

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1793 on: June 11, 2022, 03:03:31 PM »
i just made the best haul ever courtesy of my late bros old wardrobe, which my mom implied me to take anything from that i want before she gives the rest away.

that is pretty much all, i'm just psyched. i also found an old sick of it all hoody with a shitty tribal on the back and some old ass dunks. as an almost middle aged man i'm excited to cosplay as my 15 year old self the coming months.

if you want to know what i found then you can keep reading. otherwise stop here.

i found:

a brown, fairly baggy stussy cord pant. the cord runs crosswise, so its not like ridges, it's like checkered... it looks pretty sick

this baggy as fuck diesel jeans that has some taper, wearing these i imagined this is what the philly pant might look like on me.

a benetton jeans with a diy double knee cause my mom wouldn't let my bro go out with destroyed kneecaps.

all these seem super sturdy even after all these years. super thick denim.

there was another benetton jeans i've worn before. that one is sick cause it's super light, it's probably just a cotton pant that looks like denim. feels like wearing a surf pant.

also i plundered my own old independent eman jeans, a beige carpenter pant(also super light weight, so great for warm weather) and this sick trekking pant. it's one of those cargos with zip off legs. fucking sick.

shout outs to my bro mark. miss you and o

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1794 on: June 14, 2022, 05:50:31 AM »
Anyone tried the passport digger pants? I peeped them and they seemed solid, but a lil thick to the point where I could see them feeling too warm when skating. They also costed 3x as much as the baggy asos jeans I got which have been amazing honestly. I also had a look at some quasi and xlarge pants (the xlarge ones felt really nice) but I struggle to justify getting any of them when they're 3x as much as these asos pants.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1795 on: June 14, 2022, 06:56:03 AM »
I tried them and they fit a lot like the Carpet C Star pants. Basically like Surf Pants but out of a thicker material. They're pretty nice but I just didn't like the aesthetics of the stitching much in person.

I honestly haven't found an all around better denim for me than 550's sized 1 waist size up.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1796 on: June 14, 2022, 08:38:09 AM »
@LebowskisRug i have been eyein some 550s for months now but never pulled the trigger cuz they looked like they tapered too much. Maybe because I was looking at the orange tag 90s models. I think imma grab some off grailed or somewhere similar. you got a fit pic?

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1797 on: June 14, 2022, 09:00:45 AM »
@LebowskisRug i have been eyein some 550s for months now but never pulled the trigger cuz they looked like they tapered too much. Maybe because I was looking at the orange tag 90s models. I think imma grab some off grailed or somewhere similar. you got a fit pic?

I just got some black ones off Amazon for 23$. Def worth a try

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1798 on: June 14, 2022, 09:06:43 AM »
I do not have a fit pic, but they do not really taper. They're basically like a nicer looking Polar 93 Denim.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1799 on: June 14, 2022, 10:04:44 AM »
They’re a bit slimmer no? 

Frank….I’m sorry to hear about your brother.  It’s sick you found some semblance in his pants and shared it with us…