Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231203 times)

Crap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2220 on: January 18, 2023, 06:05:10 AM »
where can i get some baggy kinda tapered at the bottom pants/jeans at in size 40

i'd buy big boys or butter goods but they dont make them in my size

A lot of Butter Goods pants go up to size 42, including the Santosuosso jeans, which sound like what you're looking for. The Butter site only has a couple of styles/colours in stock in them right now (if you're in the US), but they make those every season, so I'd just keep an eye out for when they restock.

There's also these ones from Gap, which are a similar fit, almost $100 cheaper, and go up to 42 as well.

The Empyre ones from Zumiez go up to 44, and come in a lot of fabric/colour options.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 06:12:11 AM by Crap »

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #2221 on: January 18, 2023, 10:58:41 AM »
Expand Quote
where can i get some baggy kinda tapered at the bottom pants/jeans at in size 40

[close]

A lot of Butter Goods pants go up to size 42, including the Santosuosso jeans, which sound like what you're looking for. The Butter site only has a couple of styles/colours in stock in them right now (if you're in the US), but they make those every season, so I'd just keep an eye out for when they restock.

There's also these ones from Gap, which are a similar fit, almost $100 cheaper, and go up to 42 as well.

The Empyre ones from Zumiez go up to 44, and come in a lot of fabric/colour options.

Also worth noting that the vanity sizing on Butter goods is ridiculous, especially the santosuosso. My size 32” fit closer to 36” so a size 36 or 38 should be good if you’re 40” but maybe try em on first if possible

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #2222 on: January 18, 2023, 02:20:18 PM »
Anyone had the Stüssy big ol jeans in corduroy? Do they fit like polar 93’s?

also curious about the big ol jeans.  and the beach pants as well actually if anyones tried either

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2223 on: January 19, 2023, 04:17:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Also worth noting that the vanity sizing on Butter goods is ridiculous, especially the santosuosso. My size 32” fit closer to 36” so a size 36 or 38 should be good if you’re 40” but maybe try em on first if possible

Definetly on the larger side!

i have two of the washed indigo phillys in 32 wich is definetly more a 34. Cromer had them on sale on his insta and the 32s measure 35 according to him. still really good fitting jeans!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #2224 on: January 19, 2023, 06:03:47 AM »
Anyone here have Dickies cords? Wondering if you have to size up in the waist like their chinos.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2225 on: January 19, 2023, 06:23:06 AM »
Anyone here have Dickies cords? Wondering if you have to size up in the waist like their chinos.

I have 2 pairs of the Frankie Dickies cords, so take my words with a grain of salt in case their regular cords fit differently. Both are 34s, although one is slightly tighter around the waist than the other. Both are a little wider than I would expect a 34 to be though, so I wouldn't size up on those.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2226 on: January 19, 2023, 06:34:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have 2 pairs of the Frankie Dickies cords, so take my words with a grain of salt in case their regular cords fit differently. Both are 34s, although one is slightly tighter around the waist than the other. Both are a little wider than I would expect a 34 to be though, so I wouldn't size up on those.

Hmm alright. I actually forgot about the Frankie cords cuz I saw these

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Dickies_Flat_Front_Corduroy_Pant/descpage-DKFFCPT.html

They kinda just look like cord 874s to me but I need brown cords!

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #2227 on: January 19, 2023, 10:29:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

also curious about the big ol jeans.  and the beach pants as well actually if anyones tried either
Stussy have a good size chart on their website for the beach pant.

https://kr.stussy.com/products/116553-brushed-beach-pant-navy

shawngreg

« Reply #2228 on: January 19, 2023, 11:05:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Dickies_Flat_Front_Corduroy_Pant/descpage-DKFFCPT.html

damn dude i need brown cords too.  i just grabbed a 34x32 & 36x2 to see which fits better.  in normal 874s i need to size up to a 36, so i will report back once they arrive.  i hope i didnt snake you on a size you were looking at!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2229 on: January 19, 2023, 11:22:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

damn dude i need brown cords too.  i just grabbed a 34x32 & 36x2 to see which fits better.  in normal 874s i need to size up to a 36, so i will report back once they arrive.  i hope i didnt snake you on a size you were looking at!

That's smart to try both. I ended up just sizing up to see how it goes. I feel like Dickies are never particularly baggy so even if the waist is too big I don't mind just wearing a belt.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #2230 on: January 19, 2023, 01:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Stussy have a good size chart on their website for the beach pant.

https://kr.stussy.com/products/116553-brushed-beach-pant-navy
Looks like there's one for the big ol jean in corduroy too. Looks pretty good to me...

https://kr.stussy.com/products/116509-corduroy-big-ol-jeans-wapi?variant=39989653307447

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2231 on: January 24, 2023, 04:28:55 PM »
Found out that the new Levi’s silvertabs do come in my length so I tried some out at the outlet. I really like the fit of them. It’s a perfect loose fit. Not too baggy but also not a relaxed fit. Denim quality is pretty decent. Only downside is the pockets are not as big as I’d like them but definitely not the worst. I ended up picking up all three colors they had because it was 50% off. Solid recommend for some affordable loose pants

Maladjusted

• Rep: -40
« Reply #2232 on: January 25, 2023, 01:44:54 AM »
Does any kind soul happen to have a fit pic of the Polar 44s?

I've never tried them on, but they look weird in all the photos I see online and someone mentioned in this thread that they're "baggy in all the wrong places".

Desperately looking for dark brown chino pants, but hesitant to pull the trigger on those. Cheers

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2233 on: January 25, 2023, 07:51:20 AM »

I've never tried them on, but they look weird in all the photos I see online and someone mentioned in this thread that they're "baggy in all the wrong places".

Desperately looking for dark brown chino pants, but hesitant to pull the trigger on those. Cheers
I don't have a fit pic and I sold my pair, but I can assure that they are very baggy compared to Polar 93's. From what I recall, it's a very wide cut and doesn't taper much so they look insane especially if you're a shorter guy

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2234 on: January 25, 2023, 09:03:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I don't have a fit pic and I sold my pair, but I can assure that they are very baggy compared to Polar 93's. From what I recall, it's a very wide cut and doesn't taper much so they look insane especially if you're a shorter guy

I tried them on a while ago, and can confirm the wide leg. I thought the top half fit similar to '93s, but there's no taper in the legs at all. They're borderline Kim Jong Un pants.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2235 on: January 25, 2023, 09:36:29 AM »
Got a pair of these for xmas and really enjoying them. Wicked comfortable and good to skate in
https://gramicci.com/collections/mens-pants

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #2236 on: January 25, 2023, 09:43:01 AM »
Gramicci’s are comfortable as hell^

Any tried any carthartt jeans(non WIP/not canvas either)? seems like they’re more relaxed fit and less loose but trying to not spend a lot

Ordered a pair of Levi’s 550 92 tapered because they looked like they’d be a nice fit sized up from pics I’ve seen online. They taper way too much and are hardly even relaxed fit haha. Returning em asap

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2237 on: January 25, 2023, 10:23:25 AM »
Gramiccis look fire

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #2238 on: January 25, 2023, 10:30:54 AM »

Any tried any carthartt jeans(non WIP/not canvas either)? seems like they’re more relaxed fit and less loose but trying to not spend a lot

Ordered a pair of Levi’s 550 92 tapered because they looked like they’d be a nice fit sized up from pics I’ve seen online. They taper way too much and are hardly even relaxed fit haha. Returning em asap

I've got Carhartt Carpenter jeans and canvas slacks and they are cut functionally identical. Both are classic loose fitting skate pants. I actually don't know what WIP offers which these do not, they're great and I wear them all the time. Super cheap, too - I usually buy them used for $15-30 on eBay.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

timemachine

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2239 on: January 25, 2023, 11:19:51 AM »

I'm wearing a pair of 44s today
I'm like 6 foot 2 with long legs and these are the 34s. Genuinely one of my favorite pants to wear

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #2240 on: January 25, 2023, 12:18:48 PM »
Found out that the new Levi’s silvertabs do come in my length so I tried some out at the outlet. I really like the fit of them. It’s a perfect loose fit. Not too baggy but also not a relaxed fit. Denim quality is pretty decent. Only downside is the pockets are not as big as I’d like them but definitely not the worst. I ended up picking up all three colors they had because it was 50% off. Solid recommend for some affordable loose pants

no pics? booo

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2241 on: January 25, 2023, 01:16:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm like 6 foot 2 with long legs and these are the 34s. Genuinely one of my favorite pants to wear

I really liked my 44s for a few months until I realized they're a slightly lesser version of the carhartt wide fit B11s. Carhartts give you legit the exact same fit, but better construction and price
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2242 on: January 25, 2023, 02:12:15 PM »
Can confirm, am 6"2 and when tried on the 44 pant I very much liked them. Good baggy pant for us taller, (and in my case) older gents.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2243 on: January 25, 2023, 04:29:58 PM »
Need some kind of cheap alternative to the 93 cords.
One size down feels like my Goldilocks pants haha
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2244 on: January 25, 2023, 04:32:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You look like you’re smuggling pyramids in those things

Maladjusted

• Rep: -40
« Reply #2245 on: January 26, 2023, 03:11:24 AM »
Thank you for your contributions to solving my gear crisis!

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #2246 on: January 26, 2023, 06:54:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've got Carhartt Carpenter jeans and canvas slacks and they are cut functionally identical. Both are classic loose fitting skate pants. I actually don't know what WIP offers which these do not, they're great and I wear them all the time. Super cheap, too - I usually buy them used for $15-30 on eBay.

thanks! u da man

ugly flacko

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2247 on: January 27, 2023, 12:10:00 AM »
I just got some LEVI'S skate loose chinos showing up and they actually are pretty loose as advertised !

I would say they fit like a VANS Chino Loose. I wear POLAR 93! in 32 and Vans Chinos in 33, the Levis are in 33 and fit good.
a bit long maybe but I guess I have short ass legs

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2248 on: January 27, 2023, 06:12:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Update: these showed up and they're waaaay too big. Not even too baggy, just big. Could pull them on and off without unfastening them, whereas going a size up on standard Dickies is even a bit snug.

Dickies consisting sizing challenge: level- impossible

shawngreg

« Reply #2249 on: January 27, 2023, 08:47:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Update: these showed up and they're waaaay too big. Not even too baggy, just big. Could pull them on and off without unfastening them, whereas going a size up on standard Dickies is even a bit snug.

Dickies consisting sizing challenge: level- impossible

hahaha mine came last night and i really like how they fit honestly.  i wish they were a bit of a darker/richer brown like their standard 874 tho