Author Topic: Trendwatch 2021  (Read 54865 times)

chat noir

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Trendwatch 2021
« Reply #480 on: February 11, 2021, 03:04:04 PM »
new age skaters who typically follow IG accounts relating to veganism, 5G, psychedlics, fasting enter the digital wall street following finance and crypto bros.

i.e. alex olson.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #481 on: February 11, 2021, 06:15:29 PM »
More people skate to songs from Atlantic Drift and Vase

jacob gets no respect, no respect at all!
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2258
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #482 on: February 11, 2021, 07:25:15 PM »
I dont know what this is called. maybe someone here can put us on

Who the fuck is this fancy-pants, uptown, bootleg Vince Nava lookin’ goof?!?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Theseaorganization

• Rep: -41
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #483 on: February 11, 2021, 09:13:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My guess is they were friends since lidojunior is on his comments and also he uses the same skull with flames griptape

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #484 on: February 11, 2021, 10:08:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

My guess is they were friends since lidojunior is on his comments and also he uses the same skull with flames griptape
Ah, I see. So he inherited the hair & grip when Nava passed, sort of a passing of the torch type of thing; the liberty spike flame must remain lit?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #485 on: February 12, 2021, 01:35:45 AM »
I'm a not violent man, but when I started skateboarding, this kind of attention seeking guy would have been beat up at the spot by the older skaters.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #486 on: February 12, 2021, 06:00:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Face, shoes, face, shoes, trick, shoes. Repeat.

Fat Bill x2: emetic boogaloo.
[close]
How many times do you think he had to re-film a trick because the filmer messed up that pattern?

Shit man, for a magnum opus of cinematography like this, they were probably there for weeks. For real though, the filming is kind of impressive in an annoying, disorienting way. I like to imagine that was the intention, like the filmer is a cinema buff, whose use of extreme close ups and panicked panning is meant to evoke a sense of foreboding claustrophobia, as an homage to film noir.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #487 on: February 12, 2021, 06:24:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The second photo in the last IG post is so funny. He looks like a fucking worm from Men In Black. He is skateboarding's Neeble.

[close]

Holy shit this is gold  :D
[close]

[close]

i was dating a girl for some time that looked exactly like them when naked.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #488 on: February 12, 2021, 08:09:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The second photo in the last IG post is so funny. He looks like a fucking worm from Men In Black. He is skateboarding's Neeble.

[close]

Holy shit this is gold  :D
[close]

[close]

[close]

i was dating a girl for some time that looked exactly like them when naked.

tell us more

Bobbybanana

• Rep: 12
« Reply #489 on: February 12, 2021, 08:51:11 AM »
Perhaps high waisted pants will be the next flood pants?

Lose some length in the ankle gain it in the waist.
Hangin' with a cool bunch

Theseaorganization

• Rep: -41
« Reply #490 on: February 12, 2021, 09:24:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Ah, I see. So he inherited the hair & grip when Nava passed, sort of a passing of the torch type of thing; the liberty spike flame must remain lit?

Yeah that's kinda what I got from it. Like they set out to be the trendsetters and he's gotta keep Vincent's legacy going.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 289
« Reply #491 on: February 13, 2021, 06:18:35 PM »
After years of hearing "you can't skate here because if you hurt yourself you'll sue us", some washed up pro links up with the lawyers whose commercials you see when watching Maury. (Shout out "the Hammer" Mike Slocumb!) Massive amount of borderline fraudulent injury lawsuits filed. Fellow washed up pros/man-ams/piles throughout the country follow suit. Chaos ensues.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #492 on: February 13, 2021, 11:52:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
after you mentioned they make some pants/denim with different fits - went to go check because I was personally interested but after a quick search, yeah no we should scrap all these

[close]

if you take away surf pants from me we will have a problem with eachother.
[close]
imagine going on a skate forum and admitting you've become the old person who thinks young people shouldn't dress differently to them
[close]

don’t worry imma a nice guy, I’ll let you keep rockin your chefs pants  8)
[close]

Honestly, the surf pants are worth a try (if you don't mind the price). I'm not even a big fan of polar, but theres no denying these are some of the most comfortable pants i've ever skated in. Especially if you live somewhere where the humidity gets bad in the summer. Just my two cents

I can understand that, where I currently live summer humidity is straight fucked. I am just hatin for hatin's sake. The pants aren't that bad, I just think they look weird all wide with near the thigh and then they taper down a ton near the ankle. I can respect the comfiness though

I have a few pairs of these grammici pants that are thinner, super stretchy, and comfortable that I like for warmer weather. super similar to polar pants, brand has just been around for a way longer time

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #493 on: February 14, 2021, 06:01:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah that's kinda what I got from it. Like they set out to be the trendsetters and he's gotta keep Vincent's legacy going.

That dude is wearing adidas socks with his dunks, which is a huge hype beast violation... he seems capable of alienating himself from both cultures that he's trying to combine. I would like for someone handy with photoshop to cut out that silhouette of him looking like an MIB worm for a stylin' thread
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #494 on: February 14, 2021, 06:51:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

That dude is wearing adidas socks with his dunks, which is a huge hype beast violation... he seems capable of alienating himself from both cultures that he's trying to combine. I would like for someone handy with photoshop to cut out that silhouette of him looking like an MIB worm for a stylin' thread

Lol oh no..... Adidas socks with nike runners.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: February 14, 2021, 07:34:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol oh no..... Adidas socks with nike runners.

Lol believe it or not, this really matters to many people. Unless a 2021 trend will be wearing mismatched shoe and sock brands to complete your already outlandish look

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #496 on: February 14, 2021, 07:39:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
after you mentioned they make some pants/denim with different fits - went to go check because I was personally interested but after a quick search, yeah no we should scrap all these

[close]

if you take away surf pants from me we will have a problem with eachother.
[close]
imagine going on a skate forum and admitting you've become the old person who thinks young people shouldn't dress differently to them
[close]

don’t worry imma a nice guy, I’ll let you keep rockin your chefs pants  8)
[close]

Honestly, the surf pants are worth a try (if you don't mind the price). I'm not even a big fan of polar, but theres no denying these are some of the most comfortable pants i've ever skated in. Especially if you live somewhere where the humidity gets bad in the summer. Just my two cents
[close]

I can understand that, where I currently live summer humidity is straight fucked. I am just hatin for hatin's sake. The pants aren't that bad, I just think they look weird all wide with near the thigh and then they taper down a ton near the ankle. I can respect the comfiness though

I have a few pairs of these grammici pants that are thinner, super stretchy, and comfortable that I like for warmer weather. super similar to polar pants, brand has just been around for a way longer time

yeah these are sick, saw them a while ago and i like pants with integrated belts like this. there is a new bronze sort of climbing pant that looks pretty good, too, but it's of course very expensive.

my surfpants don't look super tapered. i mean they are for sure, but it doesn't look extreme on me. they cover a fair bit of my shoes when sitting on them, too. but everyones anatomy is different.

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -76
« Reply #497 on: February 14, 2021, 07:43:27 AM »
love the old gramicci/kavu climbing pants but with how much they resell for it's tough for me to justify keeping any more.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #498 on: February 14, 2021, 10:01:19 AM »
When will these hype beasts understand that just because the clothes are expensive, doesn't mean they look good together. None of these people have any real taste or style at all. Unless the trend is looking like a goof, than they've succeeded.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #499 on: February 14, 2021, 10:06:18 AM »
Wearing condoms while skating

#staysafe

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #500 on: February 14, 2021, 01:32:58 PM »
When will these hype beasts understand that just because the clothes are expensive, doesn't mean they look good together. None of these people have any real taste or style at all. Unless the trend is looking like a goof, than they've succeeded.

Should probably tell that to most fashionistas an fashion graduates as well

JamesFardy

• Rep: 64
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #501 on: February 14, 2021, 05:50:44 PM »
Video parts filmed with a baby monitor

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #502 on: February 14, 2021, 06:10:43 PM »

#staysafe

This is heckride

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #503 on: February 14, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »

#staysafe

ridiculous 🤣
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #504 on: February 15, 2021, 01:51:08 AM »

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #505 on: February 15, 2021, 01:54:09 AM »
I hope people will get rid of coloured griptape in 2021

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #506 on: February 15, 2021, 06:00:52 AM »
This

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #507 on: February 15, 2021, 09:07:01 AM »

One of my friend has high visibility griptape for night skateboarding, its wild. perhaps a new trend on its own? While we're at it, I'd like to see people sticking colored leds to their setups, like the kind you have on gaming computers and drones haha

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #508 on: February 15, 2021, 09:16:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One of my friend has high visibility griptape for night skateboarding, its wild. perhaps a new trend on its own? While we're at it, I'd like to see people sticking colored leds to their setups, like the kind you have on gaming computers and drones haha
'Ere you go.
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/55094977" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="">FIREFLY</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/samadhiproduction">samadhi production</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Bobbybanana

• Rep: 12
« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2021, 09:26:09 AM »
Ty evans on underglow
Hangin' with a cool bunch