Author Topic: Last purchase you regretted  (Read 49805 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Last purchase you regretted
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2020, 05:22:47 PM »

100 people on instant buyers regret.
im trying to be optimistic and say his sig might be worth something someday, but im pretty sure hes still kooking on instagram
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Peepeeboy69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2020, 06:13:51 PM »
Dc kalis s... and i bought two damn pairs

they look so sick and i was so hyped to skate them but i think i got the wrong size at tts. My right foot fits perfect but my left foot feels a lil squished and my pinky toe knuckle (idk what to call it) starts to hurt after a bit.

Hopefully after skating them more they stretch out and become good. I heard it takes 2 weeks to break them in.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2020, 06:26:17 PM »
berra had one of the nicest backside flips of all time

He for sure wasn’t a fave or anywhere close, always seemed like a nerd/off (I’m basing this off nothing, it was subtle vibe, because I was never around him).
But goddamn. His backside flip, and his half cab flip. Shockingly good. He was better than I realized, could skate vert very competently as well.
But he wasn’t on menace so I wasn’t feeling it.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2020, 06:40:46 PM »

they look so sick and i was so hyped to skate them but i think i got the wrong size at tts. My right foot fits perfect but my left foot feels a lil squished and my pinky toe knuckle (idk what to call it) starts to hurt after a bit.

Hopefully after skating them more they stretch out and become good. I heard it takes 2 weeks to break them in.
I am in the same boat, 2 pairs and everything. By the time the first pair broke in they were killing my pinky toe. Which ironically I broke a month later in different shoes.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I am in the same boat, 2 pairs and everything. By the time the first pair broke in they were killing my pinky toe. Which ironically I broke a month later in different shoes.

Fuck, the same issue with my Kalis lites.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2020, 08:17:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yup, Kalis lites are squishing my toes. But just barely.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 969
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2020, 06:05:35 AM »
All of my Dunks, I love the way they look but the board feel fucking sucks and they're uncomfortable as hell.

Insane mo fo.

I hate Nike but they slay the shoe game. I only buy dunks af2 and now Blazers too. Before I was punishing myself rocking Vans or Adidas. Nike cups and the orange zoom hex insole are the way i keep my old ass feet from exploding.

Colors don't mean shit to me nor look. Dunks are the best so long as it's not that black stretchy shit. That shit is trash.

I regret the orange label mid purchase and the ishod decon black.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2020, 03:57:12 PM »
Like countless others, I bought the wrong size Converse CTAS Pro Highs (the skate Cuck Taylors) and skated them just enough to be unreturnable :)

If any Vans wearers out there are looking to have an affair with the CTAS Pro Highs, this might save you some time and money: go a full size down from what you wear in Vans. I'm a US 10.5 in Vans (Authentics, Old Skools, Sk8 His, Pro Skate everything) and the US 9.5 CTAS Pro Highs fit like a dream. Perfectly snug for skating but in no way too-snug. My feet are also on the wide side, if that makes any difference.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2020, 05:17:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yup, Kalis lites are squishing my toes. But just barely.

i stuffed 2 pairs of socks in them overnight and now toes no longer squish!

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2020, 07:42:49 AM »
This is a pre-regret post but I couldnt find any shoes I wanted anywhere in my size, resorted to ebay. Guaranteed tomorrow but checked the tracking number today and all the seller has done is print a shipping label... depending on how it goes may be my first and last skateboarding essential ebay purchase
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2020, 10:13:33 AM »
Like countless others, I bought the wrong size Converse CTAS Pro Highs (the skate Cuck Taylors) and skated them just enough to be unreturnable :)

If any Vans wearers out there are looking to have an affair with the CTAS Pro Highs, this might save you some time and money: go a full size down from what you wear in Vans. I'm a US 10.5 in Vans (Authentics, Old Skools, Sk8 His, Pro Skate everything) and the US 9.5 CTAS Pro Highs fit like a dream. Perfectly snug for skating but in no way too-snug. My feet are also on the wide side, if that makes any difference.

YES.

Chromeandflammen

• Rep: -2
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2020, 10:57:07 PM »
fuck...where do i begin...but on more recent purchases:

OJ Super Juice wheels - thought i'd cruise around...now i realise, i dont cruise, i get 3 nights a week to skate for a couple of hours...aint no cruising going on!

Emerica Wino Baekkel slip on shoes - comfortable and skate ok, but look horrible. I'm wearing them to use them up, but never feel good about wearing them

Feel absolutely the same about the emerica slip ons.

Chromeandflammen

• Rep: -2
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2020, 11:03:59 PM »
Expand Quote
maybe my deck too, it's a quasi board. it just doesn't feel right, maybe it's too flat. it's kinda hard to pop for some reason, feels really sluggish. been thinking about retiring it prematurely but have only skated it 3 times. might just need to get used to it.
[close]

Same here. I got an Real Ishod 8.38 Twin Tail because I wanted to size up my boards and see if the twin tails was worth the hype. Not been liking the board much at all. Lost my kickflips since I usually pop them with my nose. 8.38 feels too unwieldy for flips. And the damn WB is unmanageable. Went from Thunder 148 Titaniums which was giving me ghost pop, to Indy 144 which slide better but make the nose feel too light.

I've only skated it for 3 weeks and I already want to retire it. It would still make an excellent wall hanger though.

I had the same problem with reals twin tale board.
If I pop kickflips with the nose I simehow manage to do them less rocket....never fully understood why.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2020, 11:08:42 PM »
maybe try a board with a longer tail?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2020, 11:36:17 PM »
Expand Quote

100 people on instant buyers regret.
[close]
im trying to be optimistic and say his sig might be worth something someday, but im pretty sure hes still kooking on instagram
the amount of lacquer on these decks is giving me cancer.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2020, 12:39:49 PM »
All of my Dunks, I love the way they look but the board feel fucking sucks and they're uncomfortable as hell.

I'm almost offended reading this. I hate Nike SB but love regular Nike and the Dunk is one of my favorite skateshoes, god fuckin damn they skate well. I'd skate more if they were easier to get in good colorways.

Yossi

• Rep: 20
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »
I paid full price for the all black leather Louie Lopez pro. I skated them two times, maybe an hour total, and got a hole down to my skin. Went from tiny hole to foot in less than 20 ollies. No rubber layer, just thin leather and soft material. I had them in suede earlier this year and while they didn't last super long, they certainly weren't this bad.

I was skating the Rowley rapidwelds before the LL's for two months and didn't get a hole in the upper.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2020, 05:11:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
maybe my deck too, it's a quasi board. it just doesn't feel right, maybe it's too flat. it's kinda hard to pop for some reason, feels really sluggish. been thinking about retiring it prematurely but have only skated it 3 times. might just need to get used to it.
[close]

Same here. I got an Real Ishod 8.38 Twin Tail because I wanted to size up my boards and see if the twin tails was worth the hype. Not been liking the board much at all. Lost my kickflips since I usually pop them with my nose. 8.38 feels too unwieldy for flips. And the damn WB is unmanageable. Went from Thunder 148 Titaniums which was giving me ghost pop, to Indy 144 which slide better but make the nose feel too light.

I've only skated it for 3 weeks and I already want to retire it. It would still make an excellent wall hanger though.
[close]

I had the same problem with reals twin tale board.
If I pop kickflips with the nose I simehow manage to do them less rocket....never fully understood why.

I’m the same way. I think hard flips are easier to do off the nose too.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2020, 03:46:33 PM »
Nike Blazer GT Low GT

Tried to get into them, just couldn't.

The best shoe you’ll ever skate for 3 days
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2020, 04:44:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike Blazer GT Low GT

Tried to get into them, just couldn't.
[close]

The best shoe you’ll ever skate for 3 days

I've gotten at least 6-7 sessions on a pair before they are pretty blown out. Its more of the soles just losing grip. been pretty easy to find though for $50-$65 shipped on sale , so I dont mind. Definitely my favorite shoe to skate , especially when they are new.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2020, 10:02:38 PM »
Pretty much any vulc shoe that I bought awhile ago. I've had to donate or sell them, since they don't mesh with my feet like they used to. I guess that comes with being 26 and nearly 200 lbs. Lol
Super Champion Fun Zone

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2020, 10:25:57 PM »
Pretty much any vulc shoe that I bought awhile ago. I've had to donate or sell them, since they don't mesh with my feet like they used to. I guess that comes with being 26 and nearly 200 lbs. Lol

I mean for this to be encouraging: weight you can lose (not sure what you think your weight could/should be, felt like the way I read it you are insinuating that it could be less), and you are in the prime of your skate life. I got into my best shape in my late 20s into my early 30s. It’s been witnessed within skateboarding, and also with many other pro athletes, that people can reach their athletic peak, late 20s/early 30s.
I point this out because I kept thinking I had to quit, or that it was all over, and I quit trying to take care of myself, and stopped progressing.
I weigh at LEAST 10 pounds too much, and could realistically weigh 20 pounds less and be healthy/fit. Losing weight will make my feet hurt less, more than any miracle shoe.
Shiiiit if I was young (20s) and fit, I’d only skate Authentics or something similar. I’m only skating flat ground anyways. I’m not paid to skate so I’m not out here dying to live.
Anyways, carry on
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 07:03:37 AM by Ok »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2020, 02:43:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean for this to be encouraging: weight you can lose (not sure what you think your weight could/should be, felt like the way I read it you are insinuating that it could be less), and you are in the prime of your skate life. I got into my best shape in my late 20s into my early 30s. It’s been witnessed within skateboarding, and also with many other pro athletes, that people can reach their athletic peak, late 20s/early 30s.
I point this out because I kept thinking I had to quit, or that it was all over, and I quit trying to take care of myself, and stopped progressing.
I weigh at LEAST 10 pounds too much, and could realistically weigh 20 pounds less and be healthy/fit. Losing weight will make my feet hurt less, more than any miracle shoe.
Shiiiit if I was young (20s) and fit, I’d only skate Authentics or something similar. I’m only skating flat ground anyways. I’m not paid to skate so I’m not out here dying to live.
Anyways, carry on
Thank you! I've probably fallen victim to blaming gear more than my weight and frequency of skating as to why I don't or can't skate like I used to. At 5'11" I should be around 165-180 (I think) but I'm still skating fine even with 15-30 lbs more than that on me. This current state has made me notice that many vulcs aren't working for me like they used to and maybe it's weight-related? My feet don't hurt from skating vulcs, but they don't feel amazing after them either. I don't get that in cups, usually.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2020, 03:01:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyways, carry on
[close]
Thank you! I've probably fallen victim to blaming gear more than my weight and frequency of skating as to why I don't or can't skate like I used to. At 5'11" I should be around 165-180 (I think) but I'm still skating fine even with 15-30 lbs more than that on me. This current state has made me notice that many vulcs aren't working for me like they used to and maybe it's weight-related? My feet don't hurt from skating vulcs, but they don't feel amazing after them either. I don't get that in cups, usually.

I have an irrational pull towards vulcs. Love the grip. I don’t skate better in them tho. They just look simple and classy, and as I have gotten older it’s nice to look less cluttered: 501s, plain t, plain vulc shoe.
Vulcanized shoes are most likely not good for feet.

I was more trying to say that you can lose some weight and feel better. You are young and have good to great skate years ahead!
Losing weight is hard.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2020, 03:28:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyways, carry on
[close]
[close]

I have an irrational pull towards vulcs. Love the grip. I don’t skate better in them tho. They just look simple and classy, and as I have gotten older it’s nice to look less cluttered: 501s, plain t, plain vulc shoe.
Vulcanized shoes are most likely not good for feet.

I was more trying to say that you can lose some weight and feel better. You are young and have good to great skate years ahead!
Losing weight is hard.
My flick is so much better on vulcs
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2020, 12:44:22 PM »
Anytime i get Mob griptape. I don't know why but everytime it starts to peel around edges. No matter how much i sand it down it always happens.

Sometimes it doesn't stick also correctly and i end up with huge airbubbles. Never happens me with Jessup.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2020, 04:31:49 PM »
Anytime i get Mob griptape. I don't know why but everytime it starts to peel around edges. No matter how much i sand it down it always happens.

Sometimes it doesn't stick also correctly and i end up with huge airbubbles. Never happens me with Jessup.
I think there was a badge of crappy Mob for a while, I had the same problem several times last year.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2020, 09:26:40 AM »
This one will obviously solve itself but I’m impatient, I bought 53mm wheels and the change from my year old 52s is throwing me off way more than I expected. It’s probably more like jumping from 51 to 53.  I want smaller wheels back but I don’t wanna waste these so I guess I’ll just deal until they wear down.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2020, 09:30:30 AM »
This one will obviously solve itself but I’m impatient, I bought 53mm wheels and the change from my year old 52s is throwing me off way more than I expected. It’s probably more like jumping from 51 to 53.  I want smaller wheels back but I don’t wanna waste these so I guess I’ll just deal until they wear down.

I was pretty impressed with: how much this (bigger new wheels) fucked with me, and with the durability/longevity of the wheels. F4s fuckin last. They take awhile to get smaller.
I started to like the more pop tho.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 969
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2020, 10:22:10 AM »

I traded something nice for these. I skated them like 3x.

They are size too big.

Nice for switch flips on flat
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)