Author Topic: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?  (Read 42021 times)

In A Jar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2021, 09:52:36 AM »
Agreed that Adidas are way too pointy.  To me this thread is more skate shoes that are closest to resembling barefoot/minimalist shape.  I had my first session in the NB# 272.  It has a pretty wide toebox, same shape as the 288S.  The nice thing about that shape is it doesn't push the big toes in much.  The 272 has a bit of a heel lift, but I combatted that by combining a thicker insole in the front, thinner in the back (taped together).  I currently like it more than the 212 since I need a bit thicker sole than what the 212 has. 

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2021, 02:04:00 PM »
Adidas sizing is so cooked. But when you get it right, for me, they are the best fitting shoes.

Is anyone else a half sizer?? 80% of my life (43) I’ve bought size 12’s and for the most part just got on with it. But I realised my true size is 11.5. Makes the fuxking world of difference!!! I’ve even been sizing down to 11 (most adidas models and definitely converse)

I have a high arch and can’t get my foot into a size 12 janoskis if you paid me.
I don’t do slip on’s but ordered a pair of Vans slips from the net a few years ago to see what the fuss is about (at the time there was only 2 skate shop in my city and neither had whites). I had to stretch them out heaps and no go. Till I cut the elastic out and now they work. Just.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2021, 05:46:07 PM »
The first Gen Evan Smiths were fucking great. I miss them.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2021, 10:57:52 PM »
Vans Wayvee are pretty darn roomy
SPB!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2021, 06:55:06 PM »
Vans Wayvee are pretty darn roomy

They are, but I'm not of fan of how roomy they are everywhere, I have to tighten them soo much to get good heel grab.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2021, 07:00:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are you all sure about the Adidas Matchbreak? That toe comes to a point, it doesn't look like a very wide toebox. I may be missing something...
[close]
Rarely shoes fit me that good straight out of box. I recommend atleast trying those out if a nearby shop carries them
[close]

Damn I'm going to have to try them then...
[close]

Very wide, in fact.

The problem I have is that width is too low/close to the end of the mid foot, I need more width here:

This is why so many trainers fit me better as they have toe boxes like this, with more width after the first lace loop

[close]

I have the same problem. One way to solve it is to go a size up, but I hate having extra shoe and not feeling my board well when I flip.

Try the NB# 255s. They are a similar shoe to that Adidas one you posted and they aren’t as pointy. If you do go a size up. They run very short.

@S.

Nabbed these in 10.5 for $48

Either my feet or their sizing is/are odd:

NB# Cupsole: 9.5 = too tight but almost, 10 = waaaaaay too big
NB# Vulc: 10 = too small but not as tight as a cup, 10.5 just about right, I think? just a hair on the long side (but less than say, the wavey or rowans)...but I chalk that up to the 10.5 (for the record I tried the 379 (sour) Mid in a 10 and it was too small, probably could have gone 10.5 based on the 255s but oddly I prefer this ugly brown/black colorway (it is fall after all!).

PLENTY of room where I need it tho, threw in some FP gamechangers to compensate for Vulc and off we go!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2021, 10:36:07 PM »
I really like Adidas Match Courts and have a few pairs in the stash. Busted some out today for the first time in ages and the toe box definitely has width

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2021, 11:58:23 PM »
I really like Adidas Match Courts and have a few pairs in the stash. Busted some out today for the first time in ages and the toe box definitely has width

I politely disagree. My toes were so tight I had to give the shoes away. Unskatable for me.

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2021, 08:28:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are you all sure about the Adidas Matchbreak? That toe comes to a point, it doesn't look like a very wide toebox. I may be missing something...
[close]
Rarely shoes fit me that good straight out of box. I recommend atleast trying those out if a nearby shop carries them
[close]

[close]

Very wide, in fact.

The problem I have is that width is too low/close to the end of the mid foot, I need more width here:

This is why so many trainers fit me better as they have toe boxes like this, with more width after the first lace loop

[close]

I have the same problem. One way to solve it is to go a size up, but I hate having extra shoe and not feeling my board well when I flip.

Try the NB# 255s. They are a similar shoe to that Adidas one you posted and they aren’t as pointy. If you do go a size up. They run very short.
[close]

@S.

NB# Vulc: 10 = too small but not as tight as a cup, 10.5 just about right, I think? just a hair on the long side (but less than say, the wavey or rowans)...but I chalk that up to the 10.5 (for the record I tried the 379 (sour) Mid in a 10 and it was too small, probably could have gone 10.5 based on the 255s but oddly I prefer this ugly brown/black colorway (it is fall after all!).

PLENTY of room where I need it tho, threw in some FP gamechangers to compensate for Vulc and off we go!

Cheers!  Yes, NB's sizing is super odd.

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2021, 09:19:08 AM »
Dunks fit my stubby loaf feet perfectly but are impossible to find now :/

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2021, 10:50:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Very wide, in fact.

[close]

[close]

@S.

[close]

Cheers!  Yes, NB's sizing is super odd.

Put the stock insoles back in as I prefer the outer side foot support the insole provides, feels like it is keeping my mid foot centered whereas the FPs, while better arch support, I feel like I'm slopping over to the outside of the shoe.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2021, 11:22:38 AM »
Kyle Walkers give me plenty of room w the waffle cup

Sk8 Hi OG too
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2021, 11:33:45 AM »
Kyle Walkers give me plenty of room w the waffle cup

I had a pair at launch,  wide mid-foot, narrow toe box for me.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=98056.0
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:18:06 PM by Xen »

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2021, 02:18:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I politely disagree. My toes were so tight I had to give the shoes away. Unskatable for me.

You might be right. I have a size 12 foot (in nikes) but I spose my toes do kinda curve in. But the match courts are one of the only shoes I have to tie tight to skate them properly. And they skate great then!
anonymous image upload

Sorry in advance for the foot photo. Just showing you what I mean with have a wide foot at the ball point but toes going in. Imagine if this turned into a thread of skaters feet lol! Feels kinda weird knowing there’s a massive group of people that get off on feet ha!

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2021, 07:11:20 PM »
you could scoop a tre so deep w that toe bro
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2021, 09:21:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You might be right. I have a size 12 foot (in nikes) but I spose my toes do kinda curve in. But the match courts are one of the only shoes I have to tie tight to skate them properly. And they skate great then!
anonymous image upload

Sorry in advance for the foot photo. Just showing you what I mean with have a wide foot at the ball point but toes going in. Imagine if this turned into a thread of skaters feet lol! Feels kinda weird knowing there’s a massive group of people that get off on feet ha!
I wouldn't say that your foot is really that wide

Still respect you posting it haha

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2021, 11:03:53 PM »

That whole t funk debacle was pretty stupid, especially when him and Wes Kramer kept their heads down kept skating now they both dont have promodels and skate a generic looking shoe by Dc, while kalis has a Vulc model.

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2021, 11:40:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

anonymous image upload

[close]
I wouldn't say that your foot is really that wide

Still respect you posting it haha

I somehow feel dirty/naked now haha!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2021, 03:18:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That whole t funk debacle was pretty stupid, especially when him and Wes Kramer kept their heads down kept skating now they both dont have promodels and skate a generic looking shoe by Dc, while kalis has a Vulc model.

No doubt. I almost bit on the tfunks but those fucking Color-ways we’re dumpster fire. Faux Navajo print? Wtf.

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2021, 05:30:46 PM »
I took a photo of the match court next to a Louie. Both shoes are exactly the same length. To me match’s are wide. But that’s just me.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2021, 10:39:22 PM »
I took a photo of the match court next to a Louie. Both shoes are exactly the same length. To me match’s are wide. But that’s just me.

Me too

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2021, 12:04:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Me too

I guess it depends on the shape of your toes. I don‘t want to post a picture of my toes, but my big toes don‘t turn inward as much as on the photo posted above. There is a gap between my big toe and the other toes. Making my feet much wider in the front.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2021, 02:03:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Me too
[close]

I guess it depends on the shape of your toes. I don‘t want to post a picture of my toes, but my big toes don‘t turn inward as much as on the photo posted above. There is a gap between my big toe and the other toes. Making my feet much wider in the front.

yeah , I basically have space between all the toes.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 02:41:30 PM by saltusnaut »

live, laugh, love

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2021, 11:16:45 AM »
I've had good luck as mentioned here with the NB 255's. I feel some rub on my pinky toes when I first get a new pair. But when broken in they fit me well. Had a tough time the other day finding a pair online for less than full price. However I only searched for a bit.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 12:28:27 PM by live, laugh, love »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2021, 01:02:13 PM »

This is what I'm dealing with. Vans Wavey, rowans, DC smiths, Nike Bruins (once they bag out) and the NB 255s work. Hate the way vans fit the rest of my foot tho.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2021, 06:07:56 PM »

Still my biggest regret that I never got these. I guess the NB 212s are the closest thing to this now, yeah?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2021, 06:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Still my biggest regret that I never got these. I guess the NB 212s are the closest thing to this now, yeah?

Looks real close. As a fan of the DC smith, the NB255s in a half sized larger than I usually get are really great. Medium heel, narrow mid food big ass toe box.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2021, 06:42:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Looks real close. As a fan of the DC smith, the NB255s in a half sized larger than I usually get are really great. Medium heel, narrow mid food big ass toe box.

Looks like they have higher foxing than the 212s, which also seems ideal. I prefer the vulc/rubber flick with the higher foxing like rowans or skate classics so i'll have to try them

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2021, 09:45:53 AM »
With Gylette hoping on Globe, I went and checked out their shoe offerings...they've got what looks like pretty wide toe-box shoes.

Shame there are few mids in stock around the web to try on.

https://us.globebrand.com/products/motley-mid-coffeegumplus?variant=39307735826467

https://us.globebrand.com/products/los-angered-ii-midnightblack?variant=39307727994915 - looks a lot like the DC Smith
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 11:33:24 PM by Xen »

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2021, 10:18:06 AM »

This is what I'm dealing with. Vans Wavey, rowans, DC smiths, Nike Bruins (once they bag out) and the NB 255s work. Hate the way vans fit the rest of my foot tho.

I had good luck with the tnt prototypes. Those were great toeboxes