Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64275 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #360 on: October 02, 2020, 07:38:31 AM »
these DC Williams slims are up on the DC site and I'm gonna pull there trigger on a pair. Anyone know if they,re they tts?

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #361 on: October 02, 2020, 10:56:41 AM »
Maybe I just missed it, but i'm surprised there hasn't been a single Last Resort review on here. Seen a decent amount of praise from people on insta but that's also being pushed by the Last Resort page itself so of course.

Who's got em and what are your feelings on em?

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #362 on: October 02, 2020, 12:36:35 PM »
Picked up some GT Blazer Low's to try as a vulc alternative to some Campus ADV's - anyone else feel like this are noticably shorter, especially in the toe? Think I might need to go a 1/2 size up.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #363 on: October 02, 2020, 03:32:38 PM »
these DC Williams slims are up on the DC site and I'm gonna pull there trigger on a pair. Anyone know if they,re they tts?

Bought the black suede/white sole pair not knowing if I’d even skate them. Super comfortable kickers. Stepped on the board with them once and just could not. Too rounded for me. I’m a size 10 and they I wouldn’t call them “roomy” but they’re less tight on the foot than most other shoes. Not super helpful but they get a 9/10 as kickers, 3/10 to skate

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #364 on: October 02, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bought the black suede/white sole pair not knowing if I’d even skate them. Super comfortable kickers. Stepped on the board with them once and just could not. Too rounded for me. I’m a size 10 and they I wouldn’t call them “roomy” but they’re less tight on the foot than most other shoes. Not super helpful but they get a 9/10 as kickers, 3/10 to skate

Thanks Gary. I'm gonna go with my regular size. Appreciate it.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #365 on: October 02, 2020, 04:01:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Please report back with your interpretation of their fit! Everybody has a diff view of TTS.

joe momma

« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2020, 07:04:10 AM »
Picked up some GT Blazer Low's to try as a vulc alternative to some Campus ADV's - anyone else feel like this are noticably shorter, especially in the toe? Think I might need to go a 1/2 size up.

Adidas sizing is all over the place for each model and sometimes even each colorway . Nike is 100% tts everytime.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2020, 07:12:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Adidas sizing is all over the place for each model and sometimes even each colorway . Nike is 100% tts everytime.

Nah bud. It's still little wonky.

So blazers are half size bigger than dunks af2 half size smaller
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2020, 07:40:31 AM »
These look nice, almost like the Adidas answer to the Blazer. Has anyone ever tried to skate them?

https://www.adidas.com/us/basket-profi-shoes/FW4513.html

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #369 on: October 05, 2020, 08:20:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know someone asked about heel lock on them, but can anyone spill the T on the Spanky G6? Specifically:

What is the board feel like/will I feel like I am in platform shoes if I have tried and failed to quit vulcs before?
How durable is the sole?
[close]

• I don't think they're a platform shoe but you will not have the same boardfeel as a vulc. Impact protection is nice though
  • Heel lock is solid, never felt my foot slipping at all in them.
  • Sole is reasonably durable and with the foam in the midsole there is still some extra after the rubber.
[close]

Thanks. TTS? The only other Emerica's I've skated are Reynolds low vuls and Wino G6. With the Winos, I probably should have gone down a half size.
[close]
Definitely true to size for me. I wear a 10 in most shoes and a 10 in the Spanky G6s fit perfectly. I definitely agree with the points above too. I typically skate thinner cupsoles and the Spanky G6 is the prefect in-between of boardfeel and comfort for me.

Dudes with spankys: is the heal collar like the Romero? Romero rubber my Achilles raw

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #370 on: October 05, 2020, 10:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know someone asked about heel lock on them, but can anyone spill the T on the Spanky G6? Specifically:

What is the board feel like/will I feel like I am in platform shoes if I have tried and failed to quit vulcs before?
How durable is the sole?
[close]

• I don't think they're a platform shoe but you will not have the same boardfeel as a vulc. Impact protection is nice though
  • Sole is reasonably durable and with the foam in the midsole there is still some extra after the rubber.
[close]

Thanks. TTS? The only other Emerica's I've skated are Reynolds low vuls and Wino G6. With the Winos, I probably should have gone down a half size.
[close]
Definitely true to size for me. I wear a 10 in most shoes and a 10 in the Spanky G6s fit perfectly. I definitely agree with the points above too. I typically skate thinner cupsoles and the Spanky G6 is the prefect in-between of boardfeel and comfort for me.
[close]

Dudes with spankys: is the heal collar like the Romero? Romero rubber my Achilles raw

Naw, the spankys is just suede on the collar, no rubber so it's hella soft. I can rock them with no socks and my achilles is chillin

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #371 on: October 06, 2020, 12:06:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

How durable is the sole?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Naw, the spankys is just suede on the collar, no rubber so it's hella soft. I can rock them with no socks and my achilles is chillin

If you're used to the Romeros, these are a step up in comfort but there's still next to no padding in the collar. The inside is a pretty soft fabric that rests against your ankle unlike the Laced Romeros, which dig into your ankles from my experience.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #372 on: October 06, 2020, 05:21:53 AM »
These look nice, almost like the Adidas answer to the Blazer. Has anyone ever tried to skate them?

Looks like it's the same outsole as the Busenitz Vulc 1, which I recall being extremely thin. Upper looks skateable, though. Probably virually no cushioning or support in the sole, so it would work for you if you like skating just the thinnest vulcs available.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #373 on: October 06, 2020, 07:00:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks like it's the same outsole as the Busenitz Vulc 1, which I recall being extremely thin. Upper looks skateable, though. Probably virually no cushioning or support in the sole, so it would work for you if you like skating just the thinnest vulcs available.

Seems like a good assessment. I may give em a try with FP insoles because I did like the Busenitz Vulc 1 and I’m always looking for a good high top to skate in.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #374 on: October 06, 2020, 09:19:20 AM »
Bobby worst es'  from 2010. I wanna buy them but they are 9s.

Are they going to run regs like my old sole tech stuff from before 2002

Or are they going to be totally frickin fucked and run small and pointy like the Ren g6s?

I'm surprised they are still available so I figured I'd ask

My alexis one stars are awesome. It's actually the best feeling shoe I've had in a while. They just ran very big. Like I could hide few teenths in the toes.

Imagine that. Wanna do a line? Hey maaan why does your stuff smell like Fritos?

Well I quit blow like 15 years ago but I like to keep a ball or two in my shoes just to increase the street value of my kickflips and capitalize the G of my back 80 Fakie manny.

I'm such a weirdo in the morning.

I still have some eS Bobby Worrest First Bloods (Bobby's 1st pro shoe) at my house, and they fit true to size.

If you're looking at the Bobby Worrest Edgar's (2nd eS pro shoe) i dunno how the fit is

ngl i definitely wish i either didnt skate my First bloods (even though they skated great) or still had an extra pair. I absolutely loved those shoes.

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #375 on: October 06, 2020, 10:40:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Bobby worst es'  from 2010. I wanna buy them but they are 9s.

Are they going to run regs like my old sole tech stuff from before 2002

Or are they going to be totally frickin fucked and run small and pointy like the Ren g6s?

I'm surprised they are still available so I figured I'd ask

My alexis one stars are awesome. It's actually the best feeling shoe I've had in a while. They just ran very big. Like I could hide few teenths in the toes.

Imagine that. Wanna do a line? Hey maaan why does your stuff smell like Fritos?

Well I quit blow like 15 years ago but I like to keep a ball or two in my shoes just to increase the street value of my kickflips and capitalize the G of my back 80 Fakie manny.

I'm such a weirdo in the morning.
[close]

I still have some eS Bobby Worrest First Bloods (Bobby's 1st pro shoe) at my house, and they fit true to size.

If you're looking at the Bobby Worrest Edgar's (2nd eS pro shoe) i dunno how the fit is

ngl i definitely wish i either didnt skate my First bloods (even though they skated great) or still had an extra pair. I absolutely loved those shoes.
I too have some First Bloods sitting around, and some Edgar's too. I miss the days of vulc shoes with midsoles.

Edgar's fit basically TTS. They have a reinforced toe that could cramp/pinch your toes when they are not broken in.
When the wino G6 came out, I thought they looked like the Edgar's- the upgrades in the Dickson make it a very similar shoe, moreso than the wino.

Jurfin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #376 on: October 06, 2020, 03:11:41 PM »
This is in reference to older posts in this thread, but I found a solution to the dreaded moving tongue on the Busenitz Pro. You know the leather strip on the tongue that the laces go through? Pull the laces through that as usual, but then bring the laces to the next hole on the side they came from, instead of on the opposite side as you usually would. This holds the tongue in place really well and totally solved that problem for me. Hoping it might help someone else!

To anyone who has skated the Busenitz and the ST3.004, how do the 4’s compare? Similar amount of boardfeel going on there?

Adidas has 30% off on shoes on their site right now, I am tempted to snag a pair. Thanks!

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #377 on: October 06, 2020, 08:56:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Please report back with your interpretation of their fit! Everybody has a diff view of TTS.
i would say TTS.

i have these in black/black leather, size 10. I've had many pairs of legacy slims, which fit snug at first then are perfect after a few days. These were basically perfect out of the box, so maybe a tiny bit bigger than the slims. My ankles are fucked, and some shoes just hurt after walking in them for five minutes, these are on that list. Something clicks in my back ankle and then I'm limping for a few hours, so I've only rolled around in these, never skated them. Hope this helps.

If there's anyone in here from NZ and wants to buy mine, you can have them for $50nzd plus shipping. That's less than half retail. Hit PM.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #378 on: October 07, 2020, 08:14:58 AM »
This is in reference to older posts in this thread, but I found a solution to the dreaded moving tongue on the Busenitz Pro. You know the leather strip on the tongue that the laces go through? Pull the laces through that as usual, but then bring the laces to the next hole on the side they came from, instead of on the opposite side as you usually would. This holds the tongue in place really well and totally solved that problem for me. Hoping it might help someone else!

To anyone who has skated the Busenitz and the ST3.004, how do the 4’s compare? Similar amount of boardfeel going on there?

Adidas has 30% off on shoes on their site right now, I am tempted to snag a pair. Thanks!

I am jazzed to hear about a potential fix to the abuse it’s tongue problem. They were on sale recently and I passed cuz of that but next time I’ll be on it.

In my first pair of 004s now and my second pair is in the mail. Awesome board feel, much like how I remember the busenitz. They have a thin feel but have held up great for me skating everything besides gaps and stairs. Highly recommend!

Garbagewagon

« Reply #379 on: October 07, 2020, 09:17:16 AM »
Anyone have any experience with the Fred Gall State jawns? Curious about sizing.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #380 on: October 07, 2020, 09:32:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am jazzed to hear about a potential fix to the abuse it’s tongue problem. They were on sale recently and I passed cuz of that but next time I’ll be on it.

In my first pair of 004s now and my second pair is in the mail. Awesome board feel, much like how I remember the busenitz. They have a thin feel but have held up great for me skating everything besides gaps and stairs. Highly recommend!

Do they feel like the Dorado Boost? Or the other version. Those were great. I’d consider picking up a pair for that.

Also, they really should add tongue centering straps to Busenitz. They changed the Suiciu insole why can’t they add straps to their most consistent shoe?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Jurfin

« Reply #381 on: October 08, 2020, 01:52:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks my dude. Definitely going to try a pair for my  next shoe. I really like the look of the super light grey/white ones  8)

Thanks!

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #382 on: October 09, 2020, 06:55:27 AM »
Maybe I just missed it, but i'm surprised there hasn't been a single Last Resort review on here. Seen a decent amount of praise from people on insta but that's also being pushed by the Last Resort page itself so of course.

Yeah I very interested in hearing about the fit on last resort !
 I will be glad to stop supporting converse and their subcontracted Chinese-muslim slave labor camps.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #383 on: October 09, 2020, 07:14:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I very interested in hearing about the fit on last resort !
 I will be glad to stop supporting converse and their subcontracted Chinese-muslim slave labor camps.
To add to this fire, my size sold out very quickly. Way too quick for there to be this much silence.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #384 on: October 09, 2020, 07:29:03 AM »
Probably gonna order some Etnies Veers.

1/2 size up from my Nike Dunk size right?
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #385 on: October 09, 2020, 11:51:41 AM »
Probably gonna order some Etnies Veers.

1/2 size up from my Nike Dunk size right?

I'd say so. I have a couple pairs in 11.5. I'm an 11 in all SB dunks and need to go to an 11.5 in Veer, Marana (cup), and Joslin (cup) models. I tried on both an 11 and 11.5 last year and the 11 was tight in the toe box.
Super Champion Fun Zone

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2020, 07:21:27 AM »
anyone skate the es quattro? need the good, bad, and ugly before i burn some more greenbacks
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2020, 11:13:06 PM »
anyone skate the es quattro? need the good, bad, and ugly before i burn some more greenbacks
or the Evants?
I’m digging that grey colourway...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2020, 12:37:23 AM »
Anyone skated the Nike Team Classics? I'd be keen to hear opinions, especially compared to a bruin or GT blazer - just grabbed a pair for $40 AUD so even if they just meh I'm not bummed.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2020, 12:53:33 AM »
I have. Not the best cups ive skated, but its for sure a good shoe. I'd imagine the all leather/suede version would be sick to skate actually. I only skated those with that soft padding and suede... Durability was OK, better than Blazers/Bruins.
Slightly less, but still very good grip for a cup.

6/10