Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 108388 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1122
Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1080 on: September 17, 2020, 08:29:27 AM »
I fuck with Joslin

Grew up poor, raised by his grandma, mom on drugs, MIA dad, doesn't fuck with the police, core sponsors (no Nike, LV, or even a Dickies for this kid) seems like that Anti-vax shit was mostly his ex-wife. Although she did keep him eating healthy cause now he posts straight garbage. Loves his kid. So if he wants to fucking milk the energy money and do some Disney ads to provide the best life for his kid and take care of grandma, go right a fucking ahead

He's a true street skater, that does the gnarliest shit, and when you thought he was just huckster, did a ledge/tech part for fucking fun. Is better than most of the people on (insert trendy brand).

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1081 on: September 17, 2020, 08:43:30 AM »
i like joslin's skating too and they are way worse examples on the lifestyle side in pro skating that joslin

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #1082 on: September 17, 2020, 08:44:27 AM »
Expand Quote
People who skate that bank to ledge along the train tracks when a train is going past are fucking idiots. There's nothing cool about it, slip out and you're going to get sucked under a train and mangled to pieces
[close]
Ice cold take.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Of the skaters in the original THPS, Bucky Lasek is probably the least kookish of them all now
[close]

Reynolds yo, put some respek on the boss' name.
[close]
The white dude who called Gershon the n-word, created a brand that's taken more from black culture than literally anyone else, and then, years later, did piss all during the biggest social uprising movement of his lifetime? Nah, Reynolds is not beyond reproach. For what it's worth, my answer is Elissa or Rodney.

Also, Chris Joslin sucks a copious amount of ass. His style is terrible and he represents everything wrong with modern day skateboarding. I harshly judge anyone who's older than fifteen or so and claims to be a fan.

Once again, he did not:
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2018/08/14/happened-gershon-mosley/

Question 17.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #1083 on: September 17, 2020, 08:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
People who skate that bank to ledge along the train tracks when a train is going past are fucking idiots. There's nothing cool about it, slip out and you're going to get sucked under a train and mangled to pieces
[close]
Ice cold take.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Of the skaters in the original THPS, Bucky Lasek is probably the least kookish of them all now
[close]

[close]
The white dude who called Gershon the n-word, created a brand that's taken more from black culture than literally anyone else, and then, years later, did piss all during the biggest social uprising movement of his lifetime? Nah, Reynolds is not beyond reproach. For what it's worth, my answer is Elissa or Rodney.

Also, Chris Joslin sucks a copious amount of ass. His style is terrible and he represents everything wrong with modern day skateboarding. I harshly judge anyone who's older than fifteen or so and claims to be a fan.
[close]
If you make sweeping judgements about other people based on who they like to watch skateboard, you’re probably not much older than 15. Or you’re mentally stuck at 15 lol. I’m sorry dudes risking their life is more interesting/impressive to me than suciu doing a switch Ollie over a manhole. Joslins a super respectful guy too. The real problem with modern day skating is all the bitching and complaining, which you embody perfectly.
Jeez you really do get butthurt when anyone disses Joslin. So when your watching him risk his life do you get hard?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Hombreezy

« Reply #1084 on: September 17, 2020, 09:34:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Ice cold take.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
If you make sweeping judgements about other people based on who they like to watch skateboard, you’re probably not much older than 15. Or you’re mentally stuck at 15 lol. I’m sorry dudes risking their life is more interesting/impressive to me than suciu doing a switch Ollie over a manhole. Joslins a super respectful guy too. The real problem with modern day skating is all the bitching and complaining, which you embody perfectly.
[close]
Jeez you really do get butthurt when anyone disses Joslin. So when your watching him risk his life do you get hard?
I get intensely hard anytime I see someone land something down Davis so yes. Also it’s 2020 and completely ok to get hard over other men these days. Keep your wack homophobic bullshit on European cooking forums weirdo

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1085 on: September 17, 2020, 09:43:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Ice cold take.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Cry about it, bitch boi.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

hank

• Rep: -33
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1086 on: September 17, 2020, 09:47:07 AM »
East Coast skateboarding is enjoyable to watch

Hombreezy

« Reply #1087 on: September 17, 2020, 09:52:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Ice cold take.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Cry about it, bitch boi.
You’re the only one crying here, probably because you never learned how to skate a stair set. Low impact little boy

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1088 on: September 17, 2020, 09:53:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Ice cold take.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Cry about it, bitch boi.
[close]
You’re the only one crying here, probably because you never learned how to skate a stair set. Low impact little boy

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1089 on: September 17, 2020, 02:58:17 PM »

Cry about it, bitch boi.

Oh look he was right
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1090 on: September 17, 2020, 03:12:25 PM »
Quote from: Billy Bitchcakes

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1091 on: September 17, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
Joslin is amazing. Possibly the best gap skater of all time. The fact that he's hated on this forum is strong evidence.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

veritas

« Reply #1092 on: September 17, 2020, 07:28:46 PM »
Most of the Primitive team (while amazing) is virtually indistinguishable because nearly everyone skates and dresses the same and films at the same spots.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
« Reply #1093 on: September 17, 2020, 07:43:41 PM »
Most of the Primitive team (while amazing) is virtually indistinguishable because nearly everyone skates and dresses the same and films at the same spots.

Yeah I wouldn’t be able to tell Franky Villani and Robert Neal apart if my life depended on it.  ::)
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #1094 on: September 17, 2020, 09:42:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I wouldn’t be able to tell Franky Villani and Robert Neal apart if my life depended on it.  ::)
Wade, Tiago and JB are all played by the same person.

veritas

« Reply #1095 on: September 18, 2020, 03:12:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Wade, Tiago and JB are all played by the same person.

Amazing reading comprehension, way to ignore the entire premise of my statement. Its pretty obvious Tiago / Wade / Frankie don't fall into that category.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1096 on: September 18, 2020, 05:51:58 AM »
I don’t get the hype of the last resort shoe it looks bad. Like an air walk or some shit.

C.J. Gap

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1097 on: September 18, 2020, 04:43:56 PM »
People were pissed when Toy Machine had each individual part of Programming Injection released one at a time on Thrasher, but no one gave a shit when Santa Cruz did the same with Uprising on BluetorchTV that one week in 2001.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
« Reply #1098 on: September 18, 2020, 05:05:55 PM »
People were pissed when Toy Machine had each individual part of Programming Injection released one at a time on Thrasher, but no one gave a shit when Santa Cruz did the same with Uprising on BluetorchTV that one week in 2001.

Haha I remember randomly catching Art Bars in little chunks on that show.  I had been skating for maybe a couple months at the time and having my mind blown over how fucking cool it was.  It’s still one of my all-time favorite videos.  Simpler times.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #1099 on: September 18, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha I remember randomly catching Art Bars in little chunks on that show.  I had been skating for maybe a couple months at the time and having my mind blown over how fucking cool it was.  It’s still one of my all-time favorite videos.  Simpler times.
Art Bars is one of mine for the exactl same reason. Fucking Shimizu, Ruczyck, Jon West and Ethan Fowler was the best.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
« Reply #1100 on: September 18, 2020, 05:51:30 PM »

how is this unpopular on SLAP?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1101 on: September 18, 2020, 06:22:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Art Bars is one of mine for the exactl same reason. Fucking Shimizu, Ruczyck, Jon West and Ethan Fowler was the best.

Just wanna say art bars is my favorite skate video also.

hank

« Reply #1102 on: September 18, 2020, 06:55:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It seems like theres only zero fans around these parts

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #1103 on: September 18, 2020, 07:27:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It seems like theres only zero fans around these parts
Nice work hank!

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1104 on: September 18, 2020, 08:11:09 PM »
I loved Grindking trucks, haven't tried the new ones.

Cupsole boardfeel is never as good as I want, vulc for me until i find the elusive thin cup

5-0 grinds aren't that bad but they have to be done cleanly.

Benihana's are cool as long as it's not the only trick you do every time you do a fly out

360 ollies are the goat trick
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #1105 on: September 18, 2020, 08:21:44 PM »
Pontus' shoes just look like Simples, and if they are getting more ethically manufactured, that's rad but, otherwise I don't get the hype.
Simple never made anything but cupsoles, strong wrong but I don’t get the hype either.  I loved how Pontus acted like state hasn’t already done what he wants to do and the Jenkem reporter was to much of an idiot to not point it out.
In conclusion Fred Gall

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #1106 on: September 19, 2020, 02:35:19 AM »
Creature is just suburban Anti Hero
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

hank

« Reply #1107 on: September 19, 2020, 10:31:17 AM »
Bump

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1108 on: September 19, 2020, 10:39:54 AM »
Jb gillet is a GOAT, idk if it's unpopular, but I feel like I never see him in that top tier. Is the switch mongo what keeps him down? Also creatures the suburbs anti hero is hilarious.
Whoa. Danger.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #1109 on: September 19, 2020, 11:31:33 PM »
Frontside feebles (switch ones too) are the ugliest trick there is.
*Carroll down Hubba is the single exception.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]