Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 108379 times)

Scott Chegg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1140 on: October 08, 2020, 10:09:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cupsole boardfeel is never as good as I want, vulc for me until i find the elusive thin cup
[close]

Vans ave
Mad expensive and due to design they fall apart in all the places shoes did 20 years ago. I guess it’s a trade off cause you get around a month of the best shoe ever
[close]

when i tried these on, they felt like vulcs basically. i passed cuz i wanted a thicker sole.

aves aren't that comfy->my unpopular opinion.

i think the tiagos have great boardfeel and are way less clunky than they look in pictures, so they could work. but probably even better might be the nb 440 that so many people on here swear by.

Nb 440s are pretty good, but the ones I got had a mesh on the side that ripped really quick from doing heelflips and made my foot bleed, maybe some all suede ones would be good.
Reebok club Cs and workouts are pretty good skate shoes, you have decent board feel and they are nice and padded and comfortable.
Dunks have decent board feel and I like the puffy tongue, but at this point in time they are impossible to get.
Currently skating the tyshawns and I really like them, I think they’re the best cup sole Ive tried, and I like the way they look.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #1141 on: October 08, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
The newish dc kalis, with the one piece toe cap and the super thick tongue, has crazy grip and boardfeeel right out of the box. You can bend the sole in half across the foot.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #1142 on: October 08, 2020, 02:27:11 PM »

I'm always curious about how people like this come to be such vile, toxic human beings. So I did a little digging and found out some really disgusting things about the person who owned this account. Normally I would just ignore these bigoted trolls but with the info I learned, I think that people deserve to know about the dangerous individual who owned that account.

Turns out the owner of that account is allegedly a rapist. Predators like this deserve to be called out especially if they are in our community. But if this is akin to doxing then mods I apologize and please let me know and I will remove it.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1143 on: October 08, 2020, 02:32:41 PM »
Damn that's fucked up. How did you / whoever you're talking to know who it was?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #1144 on: October 08, 2020, 02:33:36 PM »

I'm always curious about how people like this come to be such vile, toxic human beings. So I did a little digging and found out some really disgusting things about the person who owned this account. Normally I would just ignore these bigoted trolls but with the info I learned, I think that people deserve to know about the dangerous individual who owned that account.

Turns out the owner of that account is allegedly a rapist. Predators like this deserve to be called out especially if they are in our community. But if this is akin to doxing then mods I apologize and please let me know and I will remove it.

Yikes

I don't get it though. How do you know this. ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #1145 on: October 08, 2020, 02:38:42 PM »

I want to protect my sources but I'll just say that people leave trails on the internet, you just have to know where to look.

Yikes

Old deleted social media accounts leave bread crumbs. The info to his identity is not hard to find at all, just have to know where to look. I just happen to be very good at looking. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 02:47:59 PM by ihatejulio »

JamesFardy

• Rep: 64
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1146 on: October 08, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to protect my sources but I'll just say that people leave trails on the internet, you just have to know where to look.

Expand Quote
Yikes

[close]

Old deleted social media accounts leave bread crumbs. The info to his identity is not hard to find at all, just have to know where to look. I just happen to be very good at looking.

I find this fascinating and alarming at the same time, genuinely curious how you do this on one hand and, no no go away bad ju-ju, bad kharma on the other. Good luck friend !

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1147 on: October 08, 2020, 03:46:07 PM »

you’re the fucking goat.

Thank you for putting this fucking clown on blast.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Missled Yutes

« Reply #1148 on: October 08, 2020, 03:59:05 PM »
I got back into skating after a while off, but I still checked out video parts, was amazed at the progression, etc. People are allowed to be way more creative now than they were in the 2000's. It seemed like in the early 2000's video parts had to be extremely orthodox, with tricks all coming from an approved list, or had to be done a certain way to be considered legitimate. People get nice and weird now you have no idea. But even super techie jock bros are doing weird flip in flip out 270 fucking what variations that had never occurred to me. Just making a nice positive first post. Have a nice day!

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #1149 on: October 08, 2020, 04:12:39 PM »
I got back into skating after a while off, but I still checked out video parts, was amazed at the progression, etc. People are allowed to be way more creative now than they were in the 2000's. It seemed like in the early 2000's video parts had to be extremely orthodox, with tricks all coming from an approved list, or had to be done a certain way to be considered legitimate. People get nice and weird now you have no idea. But even super techie jock bros are doing weird flip in flip out 270 fucking what variations that had never occurred to me. Just making a nice positive first post. Have a nice day!
Hegemony.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #1150 on: October 08, 2020, 05:38:24 PM »

Kerry Getz’ Boneless in Mosaic was lowkey groundbreaking for all the reasons you just mentioned.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1151 on: October 08, 2020, 07:00:23 PM »
I think 95% of polar graphics are terrible.  I do want that Shin Intro to pro status board is amazing if any pals have a lead it would be much appreciated!  Kook away

I

veritas

« Reply #1152 on: October 08, 2020, 07:51:07 PM »
I think 95% of polar graphics are terrible.  I do want that Shin Intro to pro status board is amazing if any pals have a lead it would be much appreciated!  Kook away

I

My first impression of a bunch of their graphics was knock off Krooked/Gonz artwork

Hombreezy

« Reply #1153 on: October 08, 2020, 08:29:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Indian food is disgusting
[close]

Read this fast & thought said Italian, immediately became disturbed. 

Indian not my fav. My experience is go out to eat with someone who's familiar & let them order all the food. Turns out good
[close]
I guarantee I make the best spaghetti out of any slap member. It’s not even close, long passed down family secret type shit. People walking by the crib want a taste just from the smell alone
[close]
Send me the recipe.  My family recipe isn’t very good
Thank you and shalom
[close]

What the fuck is spaghetti?

Some American bastardization of italian food?
Ok it’s a bolognese if we’re getting technical

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #1154 on: October 08, 2020, 08:37:51 PM »
Spaghetti is the pasta. Bolognese is the sauce.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1155 on: October 09, 2020, 04:11:01 AM »

word, so many americans have no clue about bolognese

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #1156 on: October 09, 2020, 04:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah they just call any pasta dish which has spaghetti has the main element of the dish “spaghetti”. I guess that just shows the IQ of most Americans, kinda regular.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1157 on: October 09, 2020, 06:10:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Yikes

[close]

Big ups. I love a good Dox.

I'll add my unpopular opinion here, the first nyjah shoe from Nike is fantastic.  I've never skated a better shoe before. they're vegan, they last a long time, and they fit me incredibly well. If I had to pick only one kind of shoe to skate in for the rest of my life it would be them.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #1158 on: October 12, 2020, 10:59:55 AM »
Bruce Jenner is a piece of shit dude who only became a woman because he had no other way of staying relevant.  Anyone care to argue with me? He killed a woman https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/worldnews/10369872/im-a-celebrity-caitlyn-jenner-kill-someone/ in a car collision and got off with a fine....... Anyone else would've gotten tied over a barrel and fucked for homicide yet somehow he's trans he's allowed to be a turd?! fuck him and that Kardashian Klan!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 11:19:19 AM by El Fapinator »

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1159 on: October 12, 2020, 11:10:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Most women who skate are kooks fueled by Instagram and aren't adding anything cool to skateboarding.
[close]

Most women who skate aren't doing it for your entertainment

The ones who are trying to get sponsored are, why don’t we start there?
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1160 on: October 12, 2020, 12:44:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tell me about it: The other day I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1161 on: October 12, 2020, 01:44:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Most women who skate are kooks fueled by Instagram and aren't adding anything cool to skateboarding.
[close]

Most women who skate aren't doing it for your entertainment
[close]

The ones who are trying to get sponsored are, why don’t we start there?

So it’s ok for men to pursue sponsorship but not women? Why’s that?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

haydtang

• Rep: -20
« Reply #1162 on: October 12, 2020, 03:36:39 PM »
Lizard King is sick
his part in this is ill

I always thought mike had a real rad kickflip!

total savings

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1163 on: October 12, 2020, 04:23:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never got why you'd do bolognese with spaghetti. Works a lot better with a wider pasta like pappardelle

Hombreezy

« Reply #1164 on: October 12, 2020, 05:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Never got why you'd do bolognese with spaghetti. Works a lot better with a wider pasta like pappardelle
You haven’t tried my bolognese

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #1165 on: October 13, 2020, 03:31:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I’m sure your bolognese is awful.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #1166 on: October 13, 2020, 03:58:32 PM »
Can we get a Hombreezy's Baloney Sauce containment thread so he stop jerking off about it in this thread pls

Noone cares
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Hombreezy

« Reply #1167 on: October 13, 2020, 04:53:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
I’m sure your bolognese is awful.
Yea I’m really going to take offense from some dude who works at Arby’s. Also I’m way better at skating than you

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 910
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1168 on: October 13, 2020, 07:58:40 PM »
Unpopular opinion I’ve never tried anyone from slaps Bolognese sauce

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1169 on: October 13, 2020, 11:44:32 PM »
Braille isnt the worst thing to happen to skateboarding

Flipping the wheels so the design inward is stupid.

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it