Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115777 times)

Ghost Face and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

RossDailey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2020, 08:35:15 PM »
Those canvas/suede Sk8 hi's(?) are HOT. Hopefully the toebox is slimmer but I highly doubt it

They're the Crockett 2 Mid's

They're a cupsole & if they fit anything like the Crockett 2's, they're thing in the forefoot/toebox.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2020, 04:29:06 AM »
with all the old school/90s shoe instagram pages it seems like Vans always had some out the box cupsoles? just today they posted those "pro series" 

then the whole rowley xlt era was fucking sick!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

LiveFromTheCreek

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2020, 04:35:15 AM »
I'm just over here wishing I could find another pair of these shits

Vans used to kill it so hard with the funky TNT and AV Sk8 Lo colorways

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 9
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2020, 04:37:19 PM »
I'm just over here wishing I could find another pair of these shits

Vans used to kill it so hard with the funky TNT and AV Sk8 Lo colorways

Whoa these were sitting at my local in a size 8.5 for years.... Recently sold tho to another local once they were marked for like 30

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2020, 10:11:07 PM »
with all the old school/90s shoe instagram pages it seems like Vans always had some out the box cupsoles? just today they posted those "pro series" 

then the whole rowley xlt era was fucking sick!

Yeah but I’ve heard that most of their out of the box/super puffy and tech cupsole models in late 90s, early 2000s basically almost collapsed their skate program.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Picked up the suede AA authentic hi’s, and they are comfy as fuck. I haven’t skated them yet but they seem like they would be durable. It’s been awhile since I’ve skated Vans and those AVEs look sick as fuck. Just couldn’t imagine dropping 100 on Vans tho....
[close]
which color? Pic? Is the collar padded at all
[close]

I have the blue canvas. It’s not padded, it is a bit stiff and the popcush feels nicer
I got the brown suede and the black canvas. They are not very padded at all but are comfortable and have a lot of ankle support you’d expect from a hi top. They are a bit stiff in the toe cap due to the extra layer. Currently skating the brown suede sand really enjoying them. Been awhile since I’ve been in Vans. Happy thus far.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2020, 07:56:17 PM »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2020, 06:34:11 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_qwN6Ql8Bk/?igshid=lvi7ikwmxp51

Clean

Agreed. The thing is though I'd buy these, be stoked for a day then just want to skate authentic pros/classics again. Last time I was at my local I saw the look book for the upcoming stuff and there were these all black authentic in leather coming out. I fucking want five pairs of those. They used to have them or I believe they were called the Decons.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 07:48:12 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The exp slips are $40 something on tactics. Who is gonna try em?
[close]
Lookdown factor is so bad that I don't think I could do it even for $42
[close]

Why when you can get Chimas at that price?

https://www.tactics.com/vans/chima-pro-2-skate-shoes/port-royal-true-white
[close]

Because they’re cup sole?

Tempted but not a fan of that color way. May do it and run them as house/regular shoes.
[close]

Someone take my wallet away, just purchased them.
[close]
I'm curious to hear about them. I should take the plunge too at $25 but I just bought some shit this past week and I need to calm down.
[close]

If it means anything a random video popped up on YouTube with a kid skating this for the first day.
[close]
yep, this too
https://www.skatedeluxe.com/blog/en/vans-slip-on-exp-pro-wear-test-review/
[close]

So it isn’t bad. I’m honestly more concerned about the mesh. They do look more like chillers.

Just got them. I’m usually a 9.5 and I got them in that size. They fit a bit tight and look a little funny on foot (May be due to the color I got them.

Will update with further wear
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2020, 06:19:57 PM »
https://skateparkoftampa.com/vans-geoff-rowley-classic-shoes-669919-black-red-82326-14760
Wondering if anyone has skated the Rowley classics lately or has any in depth info on them. I want to grab a pair but don’t know if the general consensus on them was feasible for the price. I love half cabs and rowans for reference. But I do want a cupsole if these are even considered cup? lol anyways should I just grab some AVE’s and save some time or give the Rowleys a spin? Thanks

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2020, 03:46:47 AM »
https://skateparkoftampa.com/vans-geoff-rowley-classic-shoes-669919-black-red-82326-14760
Wondering if anyone has skated the Rowley classics lately or has any in depth info on them. I want to grab a pair but don’t know if the general consensus on them was feasible for the price. I love half cabs and rowans for reference. But I do want a cupsole if these are even considered cup? lol anyways should I just grab some AVE’s and save some time or give the Rowleys a spin? Thanks
check the “anyone skated these thread?” I think someone said they fell apart walking around

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2020, 04:03:04 AM »

Nope, not cupsole at all. The Rowley Rapidweld shoe that skateshops had a few months ago was "waffle cup"... so half way between vulc and cup.

These look to be the Vans Classics vulc build, no modern cushy insole or duracap or anything. I had a white leather with gumsole pair of the same build a couple months ago, skated them for one and a half months and enjoyed them. Not a ton of padding under foot, but I wasn't skating anything huge. I wouldn't say they fell apart by any means, I could have kept skating them but got kinda bored and switched up to some cupsoles recently.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2020, 05:11:48 AM »

I loved these shoes when they first came out, and picked up two more pairs a few years back at a Vans outlet.

On my second pair now, and the insole is thin, as is the sole, feels thinner than the current Vans slip-on pros I usually wear.

The heel cup is stiff, nice minimal ankle cushioning, and the most cushion is in the fat tongue. The material stretches out a bit so maybe size down a half size. But a nice, moccasin-y thin sole shoe, if you like board feel.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2020, 05:20:19 AM »
Honestly vans are blowing it by not rereleasing the Rowley XLT in this tech resurgence, shoe was perfect in every way!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2020, 06:25:15 AM »
The only "new" Vans models I'd ever be interested in buying.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2020, 03:13:05 PM »
Yeah fuck the rowleys I was talking about for $80 thanks cuck and stets for the breakdown! Did myself, my feet, and my wallet a favor and scooped another pair of rowans for $56 shipped.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »
Does anyone know if vans plans on releasing anymore of the aa authentic highs in the navy? Was kinda on the fence about them at first but kinda want to them a try.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2020, 06:29:30 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_qwN6Ql8Bk/?igshid=lvi7ikwmxp51

Clean

aside from the DC legacy, this is the worst skate shoe I’ve ever had. this color is sick though.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2020, 07:10:30 PM »
Does anyone know if vans plans on releasing anymore of the aa authentic highs in the navy? Was kinda on the fence about them at first but kinda want to them a try.

Per the Slap forum rumor mill... another Black Canvas w/ White Sole is coming.

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2020, 08:09:19 PM »
I really want those AA authentics for work. I always wear all black authentics or slips anyways. However you wouldn’t catch me dead wearing them with shorts.

Most of all their other new silhouettes look weird on the web but pretty cool in person or on the right person. I used to hate those slip ons with the strap but they look good in person.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2020, 12:30:15 AM »
Honestly vans are blowing it by not rereleasing the Rowley XLT in this tech resurgence, shoe was perfect in every way!

I won some of those in a Damn Am contest back in like 2002. They squeaked when I walked and I blew through the bottom of the sole in what was for me, record time. I don't miss them one bit!
How much for an order of ribs?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2020, 02:12:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I won some of those in a Damn Am contest back in like 2002. They squeaked when I walked and I blew through the bottom of the sole in what was for me, record time. I don't miss them one bit!
you got a bum pair! The only tougher vans shoes I’ve owned were the Rowley shams which were essentially a bullet proof half cab on a cupsole, I’d actually champion more for them to make a comeback but I think I’m in the minority there. The XLT at least has a bit of a cult following.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:24:38 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2020, 03:38:46 AM »
If we're pining for a revamped marshmallow it might as well be Rowley Shams instead.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2020, 07:54:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
you got a bum pair! The only tougher vans shoes I’ve owned were the Rowley shams which were essentially a bullet proof half cab on a cupsole, I’d actually champion more for them to make a comeback but I think I’m in the minority there. The XLT at least has a bit of a cult following.

I fucking loved my shams.
Bulletproof they were not. I’m not sure if I’ve ever had a shoe disintegrate faster. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2020, 02:51:48 PM »
Do you guys skate grip tape laced with shards of glass?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2020, 05:19:26 PM »
Do you guys skate grip tape laced with shards of glass?

Haha. I felt like the quality of all of the Rowley’s was sus/and/or planned obsolescence

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2020, 05:08:05 PM »
Was the Ultra Range Pro (both iterations) worth it?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2020, 06:17:15 AM »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2020, 07:17:50 AM »

i have the classics but those pros go off. usually dont do black and blue but wouldnt mind these as chillers
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2020, 09:38:07 AM »
Was the Ultra Range Pro (both iterations) worth it?
I looked for them after a user here recommended them but I couldn't actually find any in my size in stock anywhere. I got the impression that they weren't making skateable versions currently. They have the lifestyle versions out still so hopefully they put either the 2 or the original back in the line. The same part of me that wants to try Legacy Slims wants to try the Ultra Range Pros.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.