Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115878 times)

PincherBug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #240 on: October 02, 2020, 11:22:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Probably not going to happen, but if they made the Berle in a mid or high I'd be a repeat buyer. I know some people weren't into them but I found them to be my favorite Vans "pros".
[close]
Ew
[close]

Username checks out

Edit: jk Idk I havent tried the Berle pros, Ive read some bad things on here but with all the colorways coming out they must be selling a lot.  EliJAH is a douche, Id rather buy a product with Gilby or Chima's name on it.
[close]

If you're not put off by the look, they're worth trying. A couple of the colorways are offensive but I like the black/white. Other than laces ripping they've held up really well.

I loved the style 112 pros and the black/white colorway reminds me of them. Some of the colorways look good, I think its dumb how they dont have an insole. The Berle is Vans only shoe that uses that waffle control tech? Does it feel like a cupsole?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #241 on: October 02, 2020, 12:21:12 PM »
They have a slip on with that same outsole.
It does feel like a cupsole shoe. One of the biggest issues is the fact that it attracts pebbles like a magnet.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2020, 01:08:48 PM »
It does feel like a cupsole shoe. One of the biggest issues is the fact that it attracts pebbles like a magnet.

100% on the pebbles. (Un)fortunately I've been a park rat since moving to a new area, but it can be a pain when skating street.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: October 02, 2020, 03:26:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

100% on the pebbles. (Un)fortunately I've been a park rat since moving to a new area, but it can be a pain when skating street.
Imagine if you setup into dog poop
God forbid.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #244 on: October 02, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Imagine if you setup into dog poop
God forbid.
One of the bigger weaknesses. The flick takes getting used to but I enjoyed walking around in my pair.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #245 on: October 02, 2020, 03:56:51 PM »
Berles do in fact pick up an unimaginable amount of pebbles. I downplayed the warnings on here, and was very frustrated the first time I wore them. A live and learn lesson for sure.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #246 on: October 04, 2020, 02:45:45 AM »
How is the board feel with those Berle Pros compared to Crocketts or Half Cabs?
I don't really want to give Eli Berle any money but they remind me of the first Emerica JTs in a good way.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2020, 03:31:41 AM »
I don't really want to give Eli Berle any money but they remind me of the first Emerica JTs in a good way.

To anybody wanting to try Berle pro: DON'T.
Weird flick, heavy af, weird and awkward sole which is a pebble magnet.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2020, 08:28:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wouldn’t say don’t. But they’re better for walking around. The show feels supportive and like a sock.
But it is very far away from the Half-Cab. I’d say it’s in the opposite spectrum of the half cab. But somehow as heavy.

franc

« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2020, 01:18:31 PM »
Thanks gents. I'll stick to Half Cab Pros and Gilbies then.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2020, 01:26:15 PM »
Thanks gents. I'll stick to Half Cab Pros and Gilbies then.
If you go to an outlet for Gibert and cabs and they offer you a free pair pick them up. Even if you hate them, they’ll be comfortable

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2020, 01:27:09 PM »
Expand Quote
If Vans would put out this colour in the Gilby High I'd be very happy....

It's not an unreasonable wish either, I could see it happening anyway.

[close]
yeah that would be sick. With extra black laces
Oh I would buy this colorway in a heartbeat. I could see it happening too, they did two similar colorways with the lows.

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2020, 02:28:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[img]https://images.vans.com/is/image/Vans/WKX6BT-HERO?$583x583$[img]
[close]

Disagree on all of the above except for pebble magnet, but to each their own. I'm not gear-nerd enough to weigh them, but they feel lighter than half cabs with about the same board feel. Can't speak to the Crocketts.

franc

« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2020, 10:31:25 AM »
I love getting colorways from past seasons from the Vans site for cheap. By the time I skate them, nobody else has them and there's something I like about that for some reason. Maybe it's that feeling of having something exclusive and getting it for a good price, like a double win or something, haha.
Just got those grey Half Cab Pros, stoked on them but I haven't had grey shoes in decades and am not sure about how I'll feel looking at them while skating. Put white laces on for extra OG Half Cab power. Hhmm...

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »
I love getting colorways from past seasons from the Vans site for cheap. By the time I skate them, nobody else has them and there's something I like about that for some reason. Maybe it's that feeling of having something exclusive and getting it for a good price, like a double win or something, haha.
Just got those grey Half Cab Pros, stoked on them but I haven't had grey shoes in decades and am not sure about how I'll feel looking at them while skating. Put white laces on for extra OG Half Cab power. Hhmm...

those were discounted on vans.com? Really clean pair.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2020, 10:50:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[img]https://images.vans.com/is/image/Vans/WKX6BT-HERO?$583x583$[img]
[close]
[close]

Disagree on all of the above except for pebble magnet, but to each their own. I'm not gear-nerd enough to weigh them, but they feel lighter than half cabs with about the same board feel. Can't speak to the Crocketts.
The pebble magnet aspect is the ONLY thing I dislike about this shoe personally. Where I live is crusty as hell so it is a problem, but this time of year I have to sweep my spots so it hasn't been as bad of an issue the last couple sessions. Everything else about the shoe works good for me.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »
How long does it take you guys for the half cab pros to mold to your feet shape?

First time vans and half cab pros for me.
IG: @flowterspace

franc

« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2020, 11:08:58 AM »

I got them from the Euro site as I live in Switzerland. Got a pair of the green ones from last spring's collection too. 30% off. Stoked.

franc

« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2020, 11:11:24 AM »
How long does it take you guys for the half cab pros to mold to your feet shape?

First time vans and half cab pros for me.

They take a tad longer to break in than Crocketts. I usually wear mine at work for about a week, which is enough for them to mold to your feet well. Then after that after two hours of skating they're pretty much perfect.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -478
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2020, 11:44:42 AM »

I do that too! If it’s a shoe I like with a color way I don’t I just some fabric paint to em and make a custom color way.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2020, 12:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got them from the Euro site as I live in Switzerland. Got a pair of the green ones from last spring's collection too. 30% off. Stoked.

35% off on the Spanish vans site hehe just grabbed a pair

franc

« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2020, 01:45:50 AM »
Ah yeah, I got mine with 35% off too, good shit.

The sale stuff on the Euro Vans site is worth checking out regularly, sometimes a pair of your favourite shoes randomly appears in one size only at half price. Shit like that is rare but always really satisfying if you're a shoe nerd. Got a pair of black Crocketts with white sole at half price the other day!

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2020, 08:44:55 PM »
how are the half cabs pros as chillers? havent owned a pair since middle school or so, dont remember how they feel at all.

scared of going back to skating vulcs with my scoliosis, herniated disc, and at risk knees. wouldnt mind them as shit kickers if they are semi comfortable though
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2020, 09:21:46 PM »
how are the half cabs pros as chillers? havent owned a pair since middle school or so, dont remember how they feel at all.

scared of going back to skating vulcs with my scoliosis, herniated disc, and at risk knees. wouldnt mind them as shit kickers if they are semi comfortable though

Personally, I like the Berles as chillers.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2020, 05:36:17 PM »
To anyone who has tried the Crockett Hi's, how does the sizing run?

I had to go down .5 in the AVE's for length and it made the sides fit really tight.  Wondering if those were similar.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2020, 06:04:45 PM »
just put some Lunarlon in my Rowans and whew boy what a difference!!! that shit FUCKS

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2020, 09:59:42 AM »
just put some Lunarlon in my Rowans and whew boy what a difference!!! that shit FUCKS
swapping out the vans pro insoles for lunarlon insoles has been my go-to move for a couple years now.  Perfect match.  Too bad lunarlon is no longer in production.

w425

• Rep: -1
« Reply #267 on: October 13, 2020, 10:03:53 AM »
Expand Quote
It’s funny how the Rowan looks like Rowan took the time to come up with a shoe with the design team while the Berle looks like the design department came up with something and gave it to him.
[close]
I was thinking the opposite - Berle has a unique sole design. Rowan's shoe has the same thing as team models but they're pretending its new tech by changing the name to pop cush and claiming a new rubber formula (which if it were different/better, they'd use it on all the models, not just his.)

They have indeed "used it" on all models, but it's just the new name for ultracush lmao. Just marketing kinda annoying but I'm okay with it as long as they keep making quality shoes.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2020, 03:46:27 PM »
the pop Kush is much better than the ultraKush from what i've heard not the same
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2020, 07:42:05 PM »
it is absolutely identical