Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 116287 times)

jakeumms, mynameisnotjeff and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #360 on: December 26, 2020, 08:40:06 AM »
I’m going to cut and paste this from my insta about the Gil Highs.

I am so fucking picky about shoes. It’s a curse. I have been this way my whole life… I made my Mother cry over Duffs that were half size too big. My Dad threw airwalks at me on the front lawn. The first time I spent over 100 bucks was on Bo Jackson Nike Trainers in grade 8, my mom had to lie to my dad about the price. Anyhoo, the past few years I can not find a cup sole skate shoe that fits or feels right. I think vans pro highs are their sleeper shoe. It is perfect. But I CAN NOT rock a vulc shoe with my bunk back. All I want is a bouncy feeling sole with a supportive insole. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY a shoe I can put on and not think about. Which seems to be impossible as they all slip at the heel or have a puffy tongue that feels weird when tied up. Or one foot feels tight and the other loose, or they are too slim and it feels like my feet are being choked.
 I am happy to say my search is over. The Gilbert Crocket High is the best feeling shoe I have put on since Vans Fairlanes in the mid 90’s. I’m telling you this is the shoe. Put it on, tie it up, feel the comfort, and most importantly forget you have them on.

After reading this post and many others about the high praise of Crockett Highs, I finally pulled the trigger. Came a day after Christmas but the wait was well worth it. You hit the nail on the head on my feelings as well of never being satisfied with the shoe you're wearing till now. These Crockett's are the truth. I bought the green quasi cw and now searching for the all black cw in my size.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #361 on: December 26, 2020, 12:39:15 PM »
Expand Quote

I am so fucking picky about shoes. It’s a curse. I have been this way my whole life… I made my Mother cry over Duffs that were half size too big. My Dad threw airwalks at me on the front lawn. The first time I spent over 100 bucks was on Bo Jackson Nike Trainers in grade 8, my mom had to lie to my dad about the price. Anyhoo, the past few years I can not find a cup sole skate shoe that fits or feels right. I think vans pro highs are their sleeper shoe. It is perfect. But I CAN NOT rock a vulc shoe with my bunk back. All I want is a bouncy feeling sole with a supportive insole. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY a shoe I can put on and not think about. Which seems to be impossible as they all slip at the heel or have a puffy tongue that feels weird when tied up. Or one foot feels tight and the other loose, or they are too slim and it feels like my feet are being choked.
 I am happy to say my search is over. The Gilbert Crocket High is the best feeling shoe I have put on since Vans Fairlanes in the mid 90’s. I’m telling you this is the shoe. Put it on, tie it up, feel the comfort, and most importantly forget you have them on.
[close]

After reading this post and many others about the high praise of Crockett Highs, I finally pulled the trigger. Came a day after Christmas but the wait was well worth it. You hit the nail on the head on my feelings as well of never being satisfied with the shoe you're wearing till now. These Crockett's are the truth. I bought the green quasi cw and now searching for the all black cw in my size.
where are the green quasi still in stock?

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #362 on: December 26, 2020, 12:54:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
where are the green quasi still in stock?

Ordered them from this shop in San Diego. Surprisingly they had all sizes available last week when I ordered them. Looks like only 9.5 and 12s are left. Usually if I'm looking for a specific piece of gear I just put it into Google images and have been able to find some good deals and stock from shops that I wouldn't normally ever find.

https://www.artsandrecstore.com/collections/vans/products/vans-crockett-high-pro-black?variant=32045465796719

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #363 on: December 26, 2020, 08:19:38 PM »
Cosign on Crockett Highs, still skating a pair I've had since September. Very comfy, put Lunarlons in it if you have them ;)

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #364 on: December 27, 2020, 05:03:23 PM »
Can't find a mention of the KWalks 2 & that makes me happy

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #365 on: January 03, 2021, 03:23:13 PM »
How long did it take to break in the K walks? Tried to skate them right out of the box today that was a bad idea , ultracush hd
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #366 on: January 03, 2021, 03:34:53 PM »
K Walk 1s look very nice and designed with practicality and durability in mind. K Walk 2s are Live Love Laugh lifestyle activewear for soccer moms. Also, every insole has rap lyrics with the N word subliminally printed underneath, which makes his heartfelt apology seem less than sincere, to say the least.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2021, 12:55:16 PM »
This ultracush is stiff as shit, do these get better with time?
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2021, 01:07:30 PM »
That's been my experience with it too. In fact I think it gets harder over time. A lot of people don't like how squishy the Popcush is but I personally like it more. Different strokes but it is kinda weird that Vans insoles are so different from one version to the next
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's been my experience with it too. In fact I think it gets harder over time. A lot of people don't like how squishy the Popcush is but I personally like it more. Different strokes but it is kinda weird that Vans insoles are so different from one version to the next
I've had ultracush insoles that are very firm and very soft.
I've had popcush insoles that are very firm and very soft.
They both suck ass.

Croquet temper

« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2021, 01:17:25 PM »
I don’t know how you guys have such hypersensitivity to insoles. Popcush seems nice in each shoe I have it in. A vulc New Balance shoe could use something like it, imo.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2021, 04:37:16 PM »
What’s the word on the new classic skate? Redesigned? New fit? Maybe it’s just a collection as per the caption below

Was already posted in upcoming shoe thread but seeing if there’s any more detail

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJrjz3bl2Ng/?igshid=1m4bs11moreo3

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJrRZf2gYFj/?igshid=bgeatab861cl

Edit: hmm doesn’t seem like anything too new minus this last piece

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:07:56 PM by jay_nev »

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #372 on: January 05, 2021, 06:22:28 PM »
Wait, so the Pro line is being replaced by the Skate line? And are they really calling it the “Skate Sk8 Hi”?

Good job, Vans. You’ve managed to confuse your customers again.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #373 on: January 05, 2021, 06:43:55 PM »
Wait, so the Pro line is being replaced by the Skate line? And are they really calling it the “Skate Sk8 Hi”?

yeah pretty confusing. Per IG comment from a vans employee, sounds like these will be worldwide at core shops in the new “Skate Classics build” in these colors

nevrwasben

« Reply #374 on: January 05, 2021, 09:46:06 PM »
I'm still just waiting for some new/good Skate Sk8 lo-pro colorways...

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2021, 10:23:00 PM »

Hahaha. And Skate SK8 Low if they keep making them?

That Homegrown shop in upstate NY has this to say about the Old Skool, at least:

Vans Skate Old Skool

Completely redesigned with skaters in mind, the all-new Skate Classics line delivers more of what skaters need to enable maximum progression.

The new sidewall finish, checkerboard flag, and “Skateboarding” branding are some of the subtle differences that enhance the iconic style skaters need to enable maximum progression.

The fully revised upper, molded heel counter, locked-in tongue straps, and a recut of the DURACAP underlay offer an essential fit that is more breathable and durable where skaters need it most.

The two-part foxing, featuring a tougher toe knurl, ensures heightened board contact, and the redesigned gum rubber sole that made Vans famous has been made even better with the SickStick rubber compound, plus an internal heel shank to deliver more grip, more boardfeel, more support, and more durability.

The all-new Skate Classics give you the look you want—with the performance benefits that real skaters demand. SKATE CLASSICS ARE MADE FOR SKATEBOARDING.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2021, 10:31:31 PM »
They can miss me with that canvas slip-on
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2021, 11:09:19 PM »
Hey revising your classic shoes is one thing but this dumbing down the "pro" line to instead add "skateboarding" and "skate skate skate" instead is an insult to skaters intelligence if you ask me.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #378 on: January 06, 2021, 01:28:13 AM »
How long did it take to break in the K walks? Tried to skate them right out of the box today that was a bad idea , ultracush hd

I've skated 4+ pairs of Kwalks 1 (Ultracush HD) and I would personally say a couple sessions, ~5 - 6 hours of skating total maybe. They can get pretty flexible in the first session depending on how hard you skate/what you skate. I usually liked skating a park in them first.
Each pair, I pretty much walked around in them for a couple days first. That helped.
Super Champion Fun Zone

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2021, 06:39:02 AM »
wait, are those replacing the Pro Classics or are those just a new series?

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #380 on: January 06, 2021, 06:52:07 AM »
IT’S NOT COOL UNLESS IT SAY SKATEBOARDING ON IT. Maybe they are trying to tap into to that “camp out in front of the shop for half a week” market like Nike or to a lesser extent Adidas. Can’t wait to cop a pair of fuzzy neon Half Cab’s.

Croquet temper

« Reply #381 on: January 06, 2021, 08:48:10 AM »
Unless that canvas on the side is more durable I have no idea what is happening here.

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #382 on: January 06, 2021, 10:05:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hahaha. And Skate SK8 Low if they keep making them?

That Homegrown shop in upstate NY has this to say about the Old Skool, at least:

Vans Skate Old Skool

Completely redesigned with skaters in mind, the all-new Skate Classics line delivers more of what skaters need to enable maximum progression.

The new sidewall finish, checkerboard flag, and “Skateboarding” branding are some of the subtle differences that enhance the iconic style skaters need to enable maximum progression.

The fully revised upper, molded heel counter, locked-in tongue straps, and a recut of the DURACAP underlay offer an essential fit that is more breathable and durable where skaters need it most.

The two-part foxing, featuring a tougher toe knurl, ensures heightened board contact, and the redesigned gum rubber sole that made Vans famous has been made even better with the SickStick rubber compound, plus an internal heel shank to deliver more grip, more boardfeel, more support, and more durability.

The all-new Skate Classics give you the look you want—with the performance benefits that real skaters demand. SKATE CLASSICS ARE MADE FOR SKATEBOARDING.

This seems like the obvious buying point here. The gum rubber on the Rowan Pro lasts almost twice as long as any other Vans Pro that I've skated, so it seems that they're just taking some technology that they know works and putting it into other classic models. Confusing marketing for sure though.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #383 on: January 06, 2021, 10:16:14 AM »
To try and reduce some of the confusion, my understanding is that 'Skate Classics' will be replacing 'Pro Classics.' To recap the quote someone posted earlier in less brand-speak...

Actual/functional changes:

- a heel shank (a rigid piece under the insole to keep the sole more stable in that area - see the AVE Pro for an example)

- Tongue-centering straps on the Old Skool

- New rubber compound on the sole (same one they used on the Rowan Pro)

- recut the Duracap (a big pet peeve of mine - most Pro Vans have way too much rubber under the canvas/suede, and it messes up the fit)

Cosmetic/less noticeable changes:

- Checkerboard fabric tag (unclear if this is permanent or just on the first round of Skate Classics)

- Sole sidewalls will have a shiny finish (similar to the Anaheim Factory line)

- The rubber piece on the toe will have a rougher texture

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #384 on: January 06, 2021, 10:16:52 AM »
They have a Sport model that's part of the new Skate Classics line

https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-skate/skate-sport-black-gum

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #385 on: January 06, 2021, 10:18:07 AM »
People are so brainwashed by Vans, this is literally saying "Hey we know we keep fucking up and changing the insoles/fits of our shoes so here's a complete rebrand of the same shit but changed again... Hopefully they dont hurt your feet!".

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #386 on: January 06, 2021, 10:46:26 AM »
I love vans but jesus christ with these fucking changes that arent really changes but might be changes and could possibly be changes. I just like Sk8 high pros and Half Cab pros.
ok thanks

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #387 on: January 06, 2021, 11:19:56 AM »
not feeling these colorways.
everything else sounds like a improvement.
I think. I am not sure. this is all a bit confusing.
IG: @flowterspace

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #388 on: January 06, 2021, 11:25:49 AM »
People are so brainwashed by Vans, this is literally saying "Hey we know we keep fucking up and changing the insoles/fits of our shoes so here's a complete rebrand of the same shit but changed again... Hopefully they dont hurt your feet!".

Hit the nail on the head.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #389 on: January 06, 2021, 03:30:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hit the nail on the head.
100%
Last 2 pairs of Vans I've skated had been a disappointment: kwalks 2 and Rowan's. Don't get me wrong, Rowan's shoe are awesome but these ones feel super stiff on my right foot only. Super weird.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.