Author Topic: Favourite European decks brands  (Read 7432 times)

Thomas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
Re: Favourite European decks brands
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2020, 05:17:51 AM »
Jart as a brand is terrible, but their wood is very nice.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2020, 05:33:40 AM »
Of the current brands, I can only think of Isle.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2020, 06:08:25 AM »
top 5

running rn:

polar
isle
rave
antiz(wood sucks tho, not sure if rave and frank isn't the same wood, that would suck) will forever be one of my favorite companies
of course frank

defunct or basically dead:

cliche
blueprint
ayume
witchcraft(think it's basically done? the koloss dudes from germany wanted to keep it running but i think they just kept some decks around...)
minus

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2020, 06:10:26 AM »

man, i hear that a lot lately, all my jart/hlc decks i had were hot garbage though. have they changed things up?

i never rode a hcl deck past 2 weeks, and didn't really enjoy my time. i had an antiz one that was okay, but again, snapped after 2 weeks out of the blue. i have severe trust issues with these decks.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 544
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2020, 06:21:10 AM »
Are Euro brands (besides polar) a thing in us skateshops?

Most US shops in my experience carry tons of international brands. I feel like every shop I've been in since 2016 has magenta, isle, palace, polar and probably a ton more I can't think of.

I live in NJ and my local shop has Isle, Palace, Polar, Magenta, Cafe, Yardsale, and a ton of other euro brands.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 42
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2020, 06:29:22 AM »
Death
Detested
Shithouse
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2020, 06:33:27 AM »
Witchcraft Hardware used to be very cool in their early years.
Blast Skates are awesome.
Is Heroin still considered a European brand?

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2020, 07:01:48 AM »
Lordz wheels

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2020, 07:38:59 AM »

word!

I had the privilege to ride around with them and get flown boards and it was very good indeed. Metalest company out there. 
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 42
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2020, 07:46:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

word!

I had the privilege to ride around with them and get flown boards and it was very good indeed. Metalest company out there.

I have a bunch of signed French stuff (artworks, decks, patches etc) he did a collab with 2052 (local skate shop) cane out to Australia and was a generally well good dude.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2020, 07:52:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

word!

[close]

I have a bunch of signed French stuff (artworks, decks, patches etc) he did a collab with 2052 (local skate shop) cane out to Australia and was a generally well good dude.

French is a great dude!
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2020, 08:39:51 AM »
ayume

Amen. They were so ahead of their time that it hurts. Fantastic team too.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2020, 09:12:58 AM »
Cliche
and at a time, sexpak stix, landscape, hessenmob

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2020, 12:02:23 AM »
Yardsale is pretty sick. Idk if u can consider it a deck brand cus they don’t have any pro model decks but they have some team decks. And I admit I rly like palace. Palasonic was a rly sick video and I like their team a lot. Had a Lucas Puig board and it was pretty good I liked how flat the concave was

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2020, 12:54:31 AM »
Just bought an Isle made by generator in mexico, as there were no Real or AH in my size

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2020, 01:49:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

man, i hear that a lot lately, all my jart/hlc decks i had were hot garbage though. have they changed things up?

i never rode a hcl deck past 2 weeks, and didn't really enjoy my time. i had an antiz one that was okay, but again, snapped after 2 weeks out of the blue. i have severe trust issues with these decks.

HLC is making our local brand's decks.
There is no minimum order, and the wood is top notch, we got the most expensive resin though.
There are also plenty of available shapes, which is nice.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2020, 02:17:05 AM »
Just bought an Isle made by generator in mexico, as there were no Real or AH in my size

same shit, different graphic.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2020, 02:19:06 AM »
Fifty Fifty (always OG for me, bought my first setup from their Park Row shop 20 years ago)
Skateboard Cafe (Bristol representing, again)
Magenta
Heroin
Death

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2020, 03:32:35 AM »
I want to like Antiz, but their wood is shit. I also want to like Trap and emillion, but it is the same shitty wood.

Out of European companies I skate “Salut“ The most, which is a German company oddly enough. I like the shapes and their wood is excellent.

Jart is not skater owned and therefore I do not support these Spanish furniture manufacturers. Is Isle wood any good?

HLC / JART is skater owned

Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

Talking about Jart, I don't like their art direction and other brands that they have. But they're skate owned (Iraola brothers) and their wood has really good quality for their price. They actually manufacture boards for Sour, National and many other brands.

I don't get why they don't hire a good art director and a couple of designers to reboot the brand.
[close]

Their wood has been shit for years, worst quality standards, even for a EU company. Sorry bud.

giza you have no idea what you're talking about
they had quality issues in the past
But current wood is great
We made hundreds of decks there (for 2 or 3 years) and they are top notch

Expand Quote
Jart is wack, and it has been for a long time.

I'm surprised that they got the distribution right for EU of a lot of legit brands, including Habitat and SkateMafia.

I personally like:

Blast, DUMB, Magenta, Antiz and I've always been a great fan of Panic/Blueprint back then.

There are a lot more worth mentioning.
[close]

Their woodshop is great though. Habitiat euro boards are pressed there. HLC wood. I rode two National Board Co. decks last year and would love to get a few more. I mostly skate BBS. HLC is slightly heavier but also tougher but i'd have no problem completely switching if their boards were stocked here more often.

habitat is not pressed there anymore.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

Talking about Jart, I don't like their art direction and other brands that they have. But they're skate owned (Iraola brothers) and their wood has really good quality for their price. They actually manufacture boards for Sour, National and many other brands.

I don't get why they don't hire a good art director and a couple of designers to reboot the brand.
[close]

Their wood has been shit for years, worst quality standards, even for a EU company. Sorry bud.
[close]

i had some jart boards and they were always shitty, but weirdly whenever i got a local polish deck manufactured at hlc they’ve been much much better, i wouldn’t say the wood is that bad
[close]
I have ridden tons of HLC boards for free or really cheap, and my opinion is that they used to lack consistency between boards. Recent ones are better, but in the past I had really great ones and really shitty ones. I'd rather have a Watson board or BBS, but I've had really shitty BBS and PS Stix too. The value for money is still high on HLC.
[close]

I forgot to mention in the recent years. In the past they were pretty average but I had one for free last year and it was good considering that I mainly skate BBS decks.

Another interesting thread will be the decks price rises in Europe, i'm starting to see a lot of popsicle decks from 70 to 85 euros
[close]

Really? €85 for a popsicle? Where are you? I'm in France and the most I've ever seen is €70 (and that's for US brands).

All us brands preorders for next year show it's gonna be 80-85€
BAKER is already at 85-90 RSP

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 853
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2020, 03:40:33 AM »
Expand Quote
I want to like Antiz, but their wood is shit. I also want to like Trap and emillion, but it is the same shitty wood.

Out of European companies I skate “Salut“ The most, which is a German company oddly enough. I like the shapes and their wood is excellent.

Jart is not skater owned and therefore I do not support these Spanish furniture manufacturers. Is Isle wood any good?
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

[close]

[close]

Wood is great

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I'm surprised that they got the distribution right for EU of a lot of legit brands, including Habitat and SkateMafia.

I personally like:

Blast, DUMB, Magenta, Antiz and I've always been a great fan of Panic/Blueprint back then.

[close]

Their woodshop is great though. Habitiat euro boards are pressed there. HLC wood. I rode two National Board Co. decks last year and would love to get a few more. I mostly skate BBS. HLC is slightly heavier but also tougher but i'd have no problem completely switching if their boards were stocked here more often.
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

[close]

[close]

i had some jart boards and they were always shitty, but weirdly whenever i got a local polish deck manufactured at hlc they’ve been much much better, i wouldn’t say the wood is that bad
[close]
I have ridden tons of HLC boards for free or really cheap, and my opinion is that they used to lack consistency between boards. Recent ones are better, but in the past I had really great ones and really shitty ones. I'd rather have a Watson board or BBS, but I've had really shitty BBS and PS Stix too. The value for money is still high on HLC.
[close]

I forgot to mention in the recent years. In the past they were pretty average but I had one for free last year and it was good considering that I mainly skate BBS decks.

Another interesting thread will be the decks price rises in Europe, i'm starting to see a lot of popsicle decks from 70 to 85 euros
[close]

Really? €85 for a popsicle? Where are you? I'm in France and the most I've ever seen is €70 (and that's for US brands).
[close]

I bet UK decks/goods will go up also. Reading about Brexit in the Irish news, VAT (value added tax) is gonna be 21% for anything over €22, and 12% customs duty on goods over €65. I'm sure it will be the same here in France.

Edit source: https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2020/1209/1183380-brexit-charge/

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2020, 03:42:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

[close]

[close]

they had quality issues in the past
But current wood is great

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I personally like:

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Speaking from personal experience, all jart/hlc decks I've ridden have snapped before a whole month of skating. I know I'm a big lanky and fat goofy dude but as personal experience I found their wood not to par with BBS or PS Stix, I guess it's ok for Europe. I'd still rather ride MDCN than HLC.

I'm glad that you could find them suitable enough for your brand, to each one it's own.

Guerrilla Biscuits

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2020, 05:34:14 AM »
KOLOSS. Beer drinking metalheads from Munster/Germany.

https://blackheavenshop.com/KOLOSS_1

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2020, 07:49:13 AM »
Cliche
You realize this is 2020, right?
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2020, 11:25:27 AM »
SCIENCE
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2020, 11:49:32 AM »
Antiz
Polar
Magenta

in that order.
ok thanks

Yoshi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2020, 11:55:26 AM »
Palace
Isle
Magenta

In that order.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2020, 03:08:11 PM »
Wait are Antiz and Jart like real brands? I always thought they were some sort of fake shit that got by through selling cheap decks.

Sometimes their decks are cool and sometimes they’re corny as fuck so I don’t know what to make of them.

Also, should Jart be pronounced like “hart?” Or are they leaning more Germanic and it’s like “yart?”
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2020, 03:22:29 PM »
cliche

kharakternyky

• Rep: 1
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2020, 04:10:51 PM »
Cliche was so sick in the early-mid 2000s. Bon Appetite and Freedom Fries (even Hello Jojo was good too) are two of my favourite videos of all time.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2020, 04:17:48 PM »
What about your favourite decks brands? Defunct too.

My random:

Alis skateboards
Flip
Nomad
Antiz
Charge skateboards

Can Flip still be considered a Euro brand?