Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 49041 times)

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 180
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2021, 08:19:59 PM »
Bones med top, stock bottom in venture 6.1’s. The bones are blown out and I’m about to try red Indy aftermarket with the flat washer that comes with bones on top and retain the stock ventures on bottom.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2021, 11:01:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Weird timing, but I was thinking of doing this and mocked it up today. They are identical in height and top width. The Thunders are a mm or two narrower at the bottom, so it's a non-issue overall.
[close]
Interesting, thanks for the Info !
Expand Quote
Classic orange Indy stocks
[close]
with what? Thunder? The conical bottom doesn’t fit in thunder washers which have cylinder bottoms.

Anywhere to find thunder aftermarket bushings atm? 92 or 95?

Thunder bushing packs might be a bit scarce right now, but the Thunder rebuild kits are everywhere, or at least they are still available in almost every shop I have seen.  They are 90 Red, 95 Blue and 100 Black in the rebuild kits.

Sure they have coloured nuts and washers (which I am not at all into) but they have the bushings and pivot cups too, which all work in any truck, as well as Thunders.

Any Indy bushings will work in any truck as well, but you might find they feel different between the cylinder and conical.  If they are cylinder, they have the wider bottom washer (always included in the indy bushing pack) and will still work just as well.  They come in very soft 78 (white), soft 88 (red), medium 90 (orange), medium hard 92 (blue), hard 94 (black) and very hard 96 (yellow).

The only issues you are going to have is how loose or tight your trucks end up, eg get the wrong bushings are you are going to be loosey goosey on soft ones or trucks do not turn at all on hard ones, depending how you ride them, but also on weight, truck configuration, etc.

Standard bushings are about 90 duro, just to give a fair comparison anyway.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rawbacon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2021, 01:52:53 AM »
for my shitty ass ankles: stage 7, 8, 10, and 11 independents need the stock independent bushings or something similiar............nobody in their right mind willingly skates stage 9s, those things fucking suck. og ventures get the 88a doh dohs. thunders get the bones soft. as long as i have that, im happy.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2021, 07:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Weird timing, but I was thinking of doing this and mocked it up today. They are identical in height and top width. The Thunders are a mm or two narrower at the bottom, so it's a non-issue overall.
[close]
Interesting, thanks for the Info !
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Classic orange Indy stocks
[close]
with what? Thunder? The conical bottom doesn’t fit in thunder washers which have cylinder bottoms.

Anywhere to find thunder aftermarket bushings atm? 92 or 95?
[close]

Thunder bushing packs might be a bit scarce right now, but the Thunder rebuild kits are everywhere, or at least they are still available in almost every shop I have seen.  They are 90 Red, 95 Blue and 100 Black in the rebuild kits.

Sure they have coloured nuts and washers (which I am not at all into) but they have the bushings and pivot cups too, which all work in any truck, as well as Thunders.

Any Indy bushings will work in any truck as well, but you might find they feel different between the cylinder and conical.  If they are cylinder, they have the wider bottom washer (always included in the indy bushing pack) and will still work just as well.  They come in very soft 78 (white), soft 88 (red), medium 90 (orange), medium hard 92 (blue), hard 94 (black) and very hard 96 (yellow).

The only issues you are going to have is how loose or tight your trucks end up, eg get the wrong bushings are you are going to be loosey goosey on soft ones or trucks do not turn at all on hard ones, depending how you ride them, but also on weight, truck configuration, etc.

Standard bushings are about 90 duro, just to give a fair comparison anyway.

aren’t Indy barrel bottoms 13? And thunder cylinder bottoms 14mm tall? Were just discussing bushing sizing in the ace thread. I’m over it haha

I’m 200lbs so a harder bushing I ride them nut flush. Stock thunder and indy feel pretty wobbly to me stock/flush, without any break in.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 07:22:32 AM by jay_nev »

NYRAD

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2021, 09:07:07 AM »
I skate Bones Hardcore Hards on my Tensor Maglights ATG really love them and they carvy and stable
Im also a 120kg or 260LBS lol

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2021, 03:45:55 AM »
aren’t Indy barrel bottoms 13? And thunder cylinder bottoms 14mm tall? Were just discussing bushing sizing in the ace thread. I’m over it haha

I’m 200lbs so a harder bushing I ride them nut flush. Stock thunder and indy feel pretty wobbly to me stock/flush, without any break in.

So I thought I would measure the ones I have here (and I know others have already done it too) but this is how it is, for total height, top bushing and bottom bushings.  I notice some other measurements are different to these, but this is what all of these bushings are (new in pack / on truck) here and now.

Ace stock
Total  25 mm
Top  12 mm
Bottom  13 mm

Thunder stock and aftermarket (same)
Total  23.5 mm
Top  9.5 mm
Bottom  14 mm

Indy stock and aftermarket (same in both cylinder and conical)
Total  23.5 mm
Top  10.5 mm
Bottom  13 mm

Venture were the same as Indy when I had them lined up side by side from the other time I did this and I seem to recall Bones were lower by a mm in the bottom, but didn't get either of those out to check this time.

I also use the Indy low head bushings, which are about 2-3 mm lower than the regular heads, so give you an extra couple of mm kingpin nut clearance for the same tightness, which is how I ride mine, 24-25 mm in total bushing height.

The most interesting thing is apart from Ace which are taller overall (but softer), Thunder and Indy are the same height, just Indy being 1 mm lower in body which allows more turn with any truck you use them on.  Tried Thunder 90 duro stock bushings in regular Indy trucks with stock 90s and vice versa and yes they turn a little different, but I can still get any of these trucks to skate well with any of the bushings I have in them, the nut just one thread showing on the kingpin, so fairly loose but not too loose.  I am maybe 185 lbs, but always use risers on any lower truck like Thunder, so they are closer to 54 mm height, no risers on the Indys.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 03:57:38 AM by Mbrimson88 »

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2021, 03:54:10 AM »
I’m 115 lbs and I have 3 different setups. Ok setup #1 I skate venture 5.2 high v-lights with Indy super soft white bushings. On setup #2 I ride Indy 139 forged hollow with bones mediums, no bottom washer. And on setup 3 I ride thunder 145 forged hollow with stock green thunder bushings. I mainly skate ledges, curbs and manual pads.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2021, 08:28:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So I thought I would measure the ones I have here (and I know others have already done it too) but this is how it is, for total height, top bushing and bottom bushings.  I notice some other measurements are different to these, but this is what all of these bushings are (new in pack / on truck) here and now.

Ace stock
Total  25 mm
Top  12 mm
Bottom  13 mm

Thunder stock and aftermarket (same)
Total  23.5 mm
Top  9.5 mm
Bottom  14 mm

Indy stock and aftermarket (same in both cylinder and conical)
Total  23.5 mm
Top  10.5 mm
Bottom  13 mm

Venture were the same as Indy when I had them lined up side by side from the other time I did this and I seem to recall Bones were lower by a mm in the bottom, but didn't get either of those out to check this time.

I also use the Indy low head bushings, which are about 2-3 mm lower than the regular heads, so give you an extra couple of mm kingpin nut clearance for the same tightness, which is how I ride mine, 24-25 mm in total bushing height.

The most interesting thing is apart from Ace which are taller overall (but softer), Thunder and Indy are the same height, just Indy being 1 mm lower in body which allows more turn with any truck you use them on.  Tried Thunder 90 duro stock bushings in regular Indy trucks with stock 90s and vice versa and yes they turn a little different, but I can still get any of these trucks to skate well with any of the bushings I have in them, the nut just one thread showing on the kingpin, so fairly loose but not too loose.  I am maybe 185 lbs, but always use risers on any lower truck like Thunder, so they are closer to 54 mm height, no risers on the Indys.
Much appreciated mate !
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Ned Providence

• Rep: 13
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2021, 08:55:19 AM »
Ace low bushings in Venture 5.6. Works well for the winter but I'll probably switch back to stock once the weather starts warming back up.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2021, 09:04:22 AM »
I’m also a full convert to ace bushings in all trucks. Best feeling bushings I’ve ever ridden and they’re nice and quiet. I always blow out Indy stock bushings and bones bushings. Ordered some ace low bushings and some venture 5.6 and I’m hyped to set them up

Just got a set of bones hardcores for a secondary setup and they aren’t terrible but they are even harder feeling than I expected and I’m 200lbs.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2021, 10:10:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Ace stock
Total  25 mm
Top  12 mm
Bottom  13 mm
[close]
Much appreciated mate !
ace stock measurements there don't match either ace lo or ace classic bushing sets?

time to back away from this thread...

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2021, 06:09:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Ace stock
Total  25 mm
Top  12 mm
Bottom  13 mm
[close]
Much appreciated mate !
[close]
ace stock measurements there don't match either ace lo or ace classic bushing sets?

time to back away from this thread...

That was what was on the Ace 66s I have, new unused.  I know I have seen some that say they are 14 mm bottoms, and these could have been 13.5 mm but definitely not 14 mm.

Either way, I am not worried.  I skate them, I tighten them as needed once they wear in a bit and then I don't need to mess with them at all after that.

Did you get those other bushings from Buttfart from the other thread?

Post A Fit Fuccboi

• Rep: -6
  • Dog Drug Connoisseur
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2021, 09:12:14 AM »
Lately I've been using two of the bottom blue Bones bushings in my Ace 22s. Need two packs of blue Bones to do it. Flat washer on top. I just shelve the short Bones bushings, which leave way too much kingpin showing on Aces.

In my 33s, which are on my cruiser, I use a Mini-Logo green on the bottom, and a bottom blue Bones bushing on top. Flat or sleeved barrel washer on bottom, Bones flat washer on top. It feels like a more stable, deeper carving version of the above arrangement, especially with a riser pad.

Stock Ace bushings are way too tight for me.
I'll give you one thing, you got half your name right.

Diocletian

« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2021, 10:32:55 AM »
^i've been kinda debating going down to a super small board like a 7.75 and some Ace 22's, but i skate mainly tranny and curbs and wonder if it will suck having not much truck to grind.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2021, 11:14:25 AM »
I got some washers and 95 bushings from a thunder rebuild kit on my venture 5.6's.

I have indy 94 bushings on some old Indys.

I got tired of wheel bite and constantly feeling like I needed to balance on a beam before I pop, and when I land. Tricks definitely became more consistent, but I don't turn super sharp. I'll take it tho. I'm about 170-180. I just started riding 54s with ventures and might wheel bite here and there but that's usually when I'm landing super shitty anyways

Anytime I use stock, I blow em out or they get too soft for me and I wb all the time.
The chillest1

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2021, 01:14:16 PM »
I got some washers and 95 bushings from a thunder rebuild kit on my venture 5.6's.

I have indy 94 bushings on some old Indys.

I got tired of wheel bite and constantly feeling like I needed to balance on a beam before I pop, and when I land. Tricks definitely became more consistent, but I don't turn super sharp. I'll take it tho. I'm about 170-180. I just started riding 54s with ventures and might wheel bite here and there but that's usually when I'm landing super shitty anyways

Anytime I use stock, I blow em out or they get too soft for me and I wb all the time.
I weigh the same and was having the same problems. Bones hards saved my life. Stable and turny. And they don't freeze in the cold.

Post A Fit Fuccboi

• Rep: -6
  • Dog Drug Connoisseur
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2021, 08:52:35 AM »
^i've been kinda debating going down to a super small board like a 7.75 and some Ace 22's, but i skate mainly tranny and curbs and wonder if it will suck having not much truck to grind.

7.75 doesn’t seem super small to me. It seems right. But I’m a small man. My shoe size is 7-7.5 US. The average US man is size 9 or something?

I put three speed rings inside my 22s and it’s more than enough space to grind for me, even with wide wheels. I skate the same kind of stuff as you
I'll give you one thing, you got half your name right.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2021, 09:31:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

7.75 doesn’t seem super small to me. It seems right. But I’m a small man. My shoe size is 7-7.5 US. The average US man is size 9 or something?

I put three speed rings inside my 22s and it’s more than enough space to grind for me, even with wide wheels. I skate the same kind of stuff as you

Did someone say 7.75!?
I like that size, I wear size 10 shoes, skate whatever, not well. Mostly flat and lately some curbs.
Currently skating 5.0 lo’s, but always looking at 22s. Shit I’m really looking at t-109s after that Atchley Satori wheels cruiser video.
Anyways narrow trucks are fun.
Bushing wise I usually ride stock stuff, like ace bushing well enough. In ventures I’ll sometimes do bones, have used all colors, actually like the Garda, just loosened as much as possible. With lo’s, the kingpin nut is already in the way of grinding, so that kinda sucks.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2021, 10:45:00 AM »
Switched the stock bushings of my thunder 148s with Film Truck medium bushings 91a. They feel great so far.
Bottom bushings have the same dimensions.  Top bushings are 1 mm taler and they have this cone shape thing on the inner side.
"FILM‘s bushings include an insert on the top cone which aims to do the same job a spherical bearing does on CNC trucks – namely keeping the kingpin central in the hangar.

Have you ever been on a truck and felt a slight deadzone, where the truck leans but doesn’t turn? These should help eliminate that."
They look like this :
https://offsetskatesupply.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/FILM-Bushings-Hard.jpg
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2021, 09:48:22 PM »
Updated a few options on bushings after the Ace Truck thread and thought I should measure some more I have here too.

From the site, the Ace low are lower in general but still fairly tall.

Low Bushing Set

Top 10mm tall | 91a hardness
Bottom 12mm tall | 86a hardness

Classic Bushing Set

Top 12mm tall | 91a hardness
Bottom 14mm tall | 86a hardness

As I had posted earlier in another thread, but this time using Ace aftermarket measurements:

Ace low
Total  22 mm
Top  10 mm
Bottom  12 mm

Ace classic
Total  26 mm
Top  12 mm
Bottom  14 mm

Venture stock 94a
Total  22.5 mm
Top  9.5 mm
Bottom  13 mm

Thunder stock 90a and aftermarket (same) 90a, 94a, 95a, 98a, 100a
Total  23.5 mm
Top  9.5 mm
Bottom  14 mm

Indy stock 90a and aftermarket (same in both cylinder and conical) 78a, 88a, 90a, 92a, 94a, 96a
Total  23.5 mm
Top  10.5 mm
Bottom  13 mm

Then Indy low head bushings 92a
Total  21 mm
Top  8 mm
Bottom  13 mm

* Added Venture in here as well.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 10:37:41 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Boog

« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2021, 05:26:55 AM »
Bones hards

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2021, 09:50:55 AM »
Bones hards

Same, bones Hards. Theyre underrated imo. 
You don't have to squish them nearly as much as Mediums to get to a good turn without wheelbite. Theyre not just for tight truck skaters like they seem

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2021, 09:53:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Bones hards

[close]

You don't have to squish them nearly as much as Mediums to get to a good turn without wheelbite. Theyre not just for tight truck skaters like they seem

Just got a pair that I threw into my small setup and they turn much better than I even expected. I’m not a tight truck skater and once I popped the washers off they felt great

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2021, 10:00:44 AM »
Bones hard in venture and indy stock? But do thunder need a double top washer bc of the shorter top bushing height?

Boog

« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2021, 10:52:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Bones hards

[close]

Exactly. They are perfect for a good turn and stable as well. I'll stick with these for now on.

Boog

« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2021, 10:55:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bones hards

[close]

[close]

Just got a pair that I threw into my small setup and they turn much better than I even expected. I’m not a tight truck skater and once I popped the washers off they felt great
Yeah I ride mine a little looser than medium and I can keep them flush for a perfect turn. Once they broke in a little bit they felt perfect.

michael scarn

« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2021, 12:20:07 PM »
I used to skate bones exclusively but the last couple years I've been running stock bushings and they're fine. Blown out stock bushings are kinda my favorite

slothlife

« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2021, 12:23:01 PM »
Just the good old stock Thunder bushings. Honestly after all this time I just wear them in once every year or so when I get a new pair and I'm good.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2021, 04:46:38 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked before but any tips regarding bushings that won't turn because of cold?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2021, 07:47:43 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked before but any tips regarding bushings that won't turn because of cold?

Those Pals who live in snow and ice have recommended Bones bushings I have read in other threads, as they don't harden up in cold conditions the way other brands do.

How cold does it get in the southern Americas?