Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 50441 times)

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 59
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #630 on: August 23, 2023, 01:10:45 PM »
Bottom Ace, top is Indy. They're in my 159 hollows. Tossed 'em in during a bout of madness. I just like the idea of fucking with my trucks. Riding stock is boring. All mine have bushings from other brands in them lol

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #631 on: August 23, 2023, 03:39:58 PM »
Stock AF1 that'll get switched for idk once they die

i tried to give a shit but i really couldn't care less - I just replace em when they've rotted out
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #632 on: August 24, 2023, 02:28:29 AM »
Been on the Indy Medium Hards (the blue ones, 92 if I'm correct) for a while now and grown to like them a lot. Had to crank my kingpin nuts down a whole lot with the stock mediums as I wanted to go tighter and tighter, now that madness has subsided. Might try the 94 hards (black) in the future, but for now, these do the job for me on both street and transition.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #633 on: August 24, 2023, 12:22:25 PM »
I lost a lot of weight due to medical issues and am at 156 lbs now (71 kg) and the Indy blues were a bit too hard sometimes. I kept the blue top bushings and swapped in a standard Indy bottom bushing. Works well so far.
IG: @flowterspace

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #634 on: August 30, 2023, 09:04:03 AM »
decided to throw on ace hard bushings on my back truck (af1). pop is more consistent and higher. idk if i should put em on the front truck as well. i do miss the freedom of the stock bushings but shit really be doing my pop a disservice and i gotta make that comprise

feel free to lmk if there are any good variations/combos with the stock and hard bushings

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #635 on: August 30, 2023, 09:45:44 AM »
decided to throw on ace hard bushings on my back truck (af1). pop is more consistent and higher. idk if i should put em on the front truck as well. i do miss the freedom of the stock bushings but shit really be doing my pop a disservice and i gotta make that comprise

feel free to lmk if there are any good variations/combos with the stock and hard bushings

How's the turn on the hard ace bushings? I'm actually have a meltdown trying to get my aces to feel right. Ace stock bushings were really loose in the middle and then restricted on the edges and deep carves (I guess this stops them wheelbiting). I'm on Indy orange bushings right now and the carve is more consistent from middle to edge but even the Indy orange feel kinda squirly in aces and I'm a pretty light person. Normally Indy orange feel medium/tight.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #636 on: August 30, 2023, 09:56:22 AM »

I agree with Ben D that people often run their trucks too loose for no reason and their tricks might suffer. What are you skating where the harder bushings would limit you? I could see it for a lot of really tight bowl or street skating, but there are tons of pros and normal people that fucking rip all types of terrain with tight trucks. One of the local ATV crushers that is up and coming rides stock Indy bushings in his Thunders cranked yet still carves insane pools.

You'll probably feel off balance and strange at first, but get used to the lean.

AlumarX

• Rep: 13
« Reply #637 on: August 30, 2023, 10:30:11 AM »

That's the exact reason I decided to pull all my spare parts and setup different decks. Most of them are still carvey, but I got a few I dont mind running harder bushings for that pop pop.

DERBY

« Reply #638 on: August 30, 2023, 11:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How's the turn on the hard ace bushings? I'm actually have a meltdown trying to get my aces to feel right. Ace stock bushings were really loose in the middle and then restricted on the edges and deep carves (I guess this stops them wheelbiting). I'm on Indy orange bushings right now and the carve is more consistent from middle to edge but even the Indy orange feel kinda squirly in aces and I'm a pretty light person. Normally Indy orange feel medium/tight.

they sorta feel like lurpivs. they’re can carve but are stable compared to the stock bushings. usually with stock bushings my tail would dip heel side when popping or i’d get wheel bite when landing. haven’t noticed much of either of those. also the nut (on the hard bushings) is barely even on yet feels tight enough for me. it’s definitely worth a shot

DERBY

« Reply #639 on: August 30, 2023, 11:47:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I agree with Ben D that people often run their trucks too loose for no reason and their tricks might suffer. What are you skating where the harder bushings would limit you? I could see it for a lot of really tight bowl or street skating, but there are tons of pros and normal people that fucking rip all types of terrain with tight trucks. One of the local ATV crushers that is up and coming rides stock Indy bushings in his Thunders cranked yet still carves insane pools.

You'll probably feel off balance and strange at first, but get used to the lean.

lmao that was the video that had me consider them. also this one by norman woods. transition and also transportation. the pavement in my city is pretty inconsistent and having em swirly was pretty helpful.

definitely, the lean feels weird especially on my back lol. it’s growing on me tho

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #640 on: August 30, 2023, 07:36:40 PM »

At least between the stock set and the hard set you pretty much have all options there to mix and match as you want, eg hard top, stock bottom / stock top, hard bottom or whatever combinations of those you might want to try, like stock front truck and hard back truck.

I would be marking which ones are stock and which ones are hard too, unless it is super easy to tell the difference, as they are both white, but if one set is well worn and the other brand new, it might not be such a big deal.

Genius in the web design department, re names of the listings, but you get it easily enough.

https://mesaskatesupply.com/products/ace-hard-bushings

Ace Hard Bushings
Replacement bushings ideal for both AF1 & Classics

Top - 94a
Bottom - 94a

https://mesaskatesupply.com/products/copy-of-ace-hard-bushings

Ace Standard/Stock Bushings
Replacement bushings ideal for both AF1 & Classics

Top - 91a
Bottom - 86a

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #641 on: August 31, 2023, 12:40:17 AM »
If you ride Aces, the hard bushings are the shit.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #642 on: August 31, 2023, 07:42:44 AM »
My front top lowering kit bushing can almost fit through the hanger hole.

I'm going back to Indy soft
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #643 on: September 01, 2023, 02:31:16 AM »
i think i have stock thunder in my back truck and something else in my front

boofactory

• Rep: 24
« Reply #644 on: September 01, 2023, 03:52:44 AM »
Ventures with ace low bushings unlocks a real sweet spot from the usual turning radius the stock bushings allow. I’ve ran it on 5.2 and 5.6.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #645 on: September 01, 2023, 05:40:00 AM »
Stock AF1 treat me right. I don't see any reason to change that.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 34
« Reply #646 on: September 01, 2023, 10:44:27 AM »
Stock AF1. If I start taking my trucks apart I’d probably lose my mind

OhioGuy

• Rep: 59
« Reply #647 on: September 11, 2023, 09:19:45 AM »
I foolishly thought hard bushings were a gimmick. I couldn’t have been more wrong. My 159s only have one thread showing and they’re perfectly. Nice and surfy yet stable.

Hard Ace on bottom, hard Indy on top. Love this combination. My setup has never felt this good 😍

LebowskisRug

« Reply #648 on: September 11, 2023, 11:37:31 AM »
Is there somewhere in this thread where all the various bushing heights are listed?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #649 on: September 11, 2023, 03:47:52 PM »
Is there somewhere in this thread where all the various bushing heights are listed?

Most recent one here, I think.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112631.msg3874036#msg3874036

boneless900

• Rep: 58
« Reply #650 on: September 11, 2023, 04:01:33 PM »
Ace Hard Bushings in AF1 55s. I loved how stock AF1 bushings turned, but I always felt a little disconnected to my board and not stable enough to have consistent pop.

Highly recommend for anyone with Aces that is on the heavier side and or just wants a bit more stability in their AF1s

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #651 on: September 13, 2023, 02:36:08 PM »

It's over. This was fun while it lasted.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 115
« Reply #652 on: September 13, 2023, 05:49:45 PM »
Ace hard bushings make AF1s feel kinda perfect but that clicking is scaring me. CLICK!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #653 on: September 13, 2023, 06:38:21 PM »
Ace hard bushings make AF1s feel kinda perfect but that clicking is scaring me. CLICK!

The click in any bushings with any trucks almost always comes from the metal on metal contact of washer binding on the nut.  It can also happen with the washer on the bottom of the baseplate.

Putting a little something between those two metal areas usually means there is no binding so in turn no click. 

Up to you what you put there, various things have worked, be it something sticky like tape or a little wax or lube, it usually stops the clicking right away and often doesn't come back, unless the two metal surfaces start binding again.

Hoping that makes sense.

Bill Salt

« Reply #654 on: September 13, 2023, 11:09:48 PM »
stock bushings from indy

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 115
« Reply #655 on: September 14, 2023, 11:34:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The click in any bushings with any trucks almost always comes from the metal on metal contact of washer binding on the nut.  It can also happen with the washer on the bottom of the baseplate.

Putting a little something between those two metal areas usually means there is no binding so in turn no click. 

Up to you what you put there, various things have worked, be it something sticky like tape or a little wax or lube, it usually stops the clicking right away and often doesn't come back, unless the two metal surfaces start binding again.

Hoping that makes sense.

Thank you, I will try this.

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #656 on: September 14, 2023, 11:38:22 AM »
Thunder 95DU replacement bushings cuz I blew up the stock ones.

they suck
(Cool Trick GIF)

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #657 on: September 15, 2023, 02:24:05 AM »
Care to elaborate why you think they suck? Was thinking about getting them, since the 94a clear blue that were available for some time are nowhere to be found anymore.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #658 on: September 15, 2023, 03:27:36 PM »
Thunder 95DU replacement bushings cuz I blew up the stock ones.

they suck

Care to elaborate why you think they suck? Was thinking about getting them, since the 94a clear blue that were available for some time are nowhere to be found anymore.

I was wondering if it was the stock 90s that suck, which I thought was what was meant, or the other way round?

Any bushing can blow out if tightened down too much too soon, or if they are too loose for the person, but at least with pretty much all options, from 90, 94, 95, 97, 100 in Thunder bushings, you pretty much have it all covered.

The basic bushings in a tube are sometimes harder to come by than the rebuild kit, which has bushings, washers, nuts and pivot cups, but even then at least the bushings are the same throughout the trucks, the tube and the kits.

I had put this up earlier in the Thunder thread, just copied all of it across.

Just a bit of info anyway.

Where can you get Thunder bushings? Are stock ones 90 duro? Mine are finally starting to crumble.

Stalking your history and if you are in Virginia, this one is in stock - obviously it is a big place and you might not be anywhere near the shop, but you might find the rebuild kits more easy to find than just the stand alone bushing tubes:

https://venueskateboards.com/products/thunder-rebuild-kit-red-90du

This is what I had posted before:

Where can you get Thunder bushings? Are stock ones 90 duro? Mine are finally starting to crumble.

Yes, stock in any colour are 90 duro, even though some people say the different colours, or the clear vs plain or solid colour (like white) skate differently in them.  I have definitely felt small differences, although that might be more to do with the age of the bushings than anything else.

The aftermarket bushings currently come in lots of options from 90 white or clear orange, 94, 97 and 100 in the plain packs, or the full rebuild kit with nuts and washers in 90 red, as well.

Most shops have them and they are maybe the cheapest of the main brands stock / aftermarket type bushings, but sometimes or some areas might be short on stock, depending on where you are in the world.

From the Thunder site with the current colours, although there are still a lot of the older ones out there too:

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #659 on: October 04, 2023, 07:28:29 AM »
What would you use in Indys 215 ?
It's supposed to be a Stage IV but before the recent Stage IV reissue there was no stage IV specific bushings (which are a bit different than stage XI bushings). As a result we had to go for what was available i.e. stage XI bushings.

Does somebody knows 215 bushings dimensions ?