Author Topic: 360 Flips  (Read 8892 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
Re: 360 Flips
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2022, 10:19:29 AM »
I just can never tell with this trick.

Regular 8.25 setup - 40 tries and I'll land 1 janky one

First time on an 8.5 (almost egg shape) setup - 2 tries and I roll away

Egg ish boards scoop a bit better. I know this is a little but uncommon but I tend to tre a bit better on longer wider boards too, am tall with long legs so it helps me not overspin/flip.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2022, 10:23:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's so frustrating. For me, it's all about the first 5-6 tries. After that, the flick just gets progressively worse.

What's so hard is I know people can do them so easily, it seems like it takes no effort at all, just a little scoop and pop. Meanwhile I need to focus my entire body to maybe get one around and I don't understand why!!

Its about having the correct weight distribution, and coordinating the scoop/flick with the jump. If all those pieces line up, it really doesn't take much more effort than a pop shuvit besides maybe staying in the air for a moment longer.

I'm at a similar point with sw tres. Most attempts feel like they take so much effort and don't work too well. But the ones I do land well feel pretty chill, like I didn't have to try that hard. Probably due to me having the exact right configuration/technique.

I know thats not too helpful because its vague, but know that there's a certain feeling to strive for when you practice them where it doesn't feel like too heavy of a trick
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 03:07:23 PM by tzhangdox »

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 303
  • What the fucks up Dennys
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2022, 11:58:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

It's so frustrating. For me, it's all about the first 5-6 tries. After that, the flick just gets progressively worse.

What's so hard is I know people can do them so easily, it seems like it takes no effort at all, just a little scoop and pop. Meanwhile I need to focus my entire body to maybe get one around and I don't understand why!!
[close]

Its about having the correct weight distribution, and coordinating the scoop/flick with the jump. If all those pieces line up, it really doesn't take much effort that a pop shuvit besides maybe staying in the air for a moment longer.

I'm at a similar point with sw tres. Most attempts feel like they take so much effort and don't work too well. But the ones I do land well feel pretty chill, like I didn't have to try that hard. Probably due to me having the exact right configuration/technique.

I know thats not too helpful because its vague, but know that there's a certain feeling to strive for when you practice them where it doesn't feel like too heavy of a trick

Yeah, that does make sense. I haven't figured out that point yet. I think I need to start fresh and sort of relearn them, they way I do them now the flick is really consistent but I don't get my front foot around for the catch, the board stays behind me.
Y'alls bloodlines are weak and history will not remember you

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2022, 01:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Its about having the correct weight distribution, and coordinating the scoop/flick with the jump. If all those pieces line up, it really doesn't take much effort that a pop shuvit besides maybe staying in the air for a moment longer.

[close]

Yeah, that does make sense. I haven't figured out that point yet. I think I need to start fresh and sort of relearn them, they way I do them now the flick is really consistent but I don't get my front foot around for the catch, the board stays behind me.
Have weight over the back (tail) a bit more before pop.

As for that feeling of it taking your whole body to get the board around, I recently had the epiphany of detaching the bottom half of my body from my top half for scoop tricks. Try to keep the top half as still as possible and don't let your legs determine the trajectory of your entire body. I find landing a lot more stable when I keep this in mind.

Seventyfuhkinseven

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2022, 02:55:01 PM »
Eggs definitely make for the easiest most consistent sexy tres without question
What's the word?
Tell me brother, have you heard
From Johannesburg?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1170
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2022, 08:13:22 AM »

I guess I ride Heroin decks exclusively now

Seventyfuhkinseven

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2022, 06:51:40 AM »
Quote from: rocklobster link=topic=113601.msg3833701#msg3833701  date=1658848402
Expand Quote
[close]

I guess I ride Heroin decks exclusively now
Lots of room to land too. Iím on the 9.25 rn and am enjoying the lack of toe/heel drag

What's the word?
Tell me brother, have you heard
From Johannesburg?