Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 57806 times)

Dinglenuts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Covid vaccine
« on: December 21, 2020, 12:49:07 PM »
You ladies and gents and everyone in-between getting your Covid-19 vaccination when it's available or are you skeered?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 03:34:32 PM »
I work in health care, my work already orderd it for us should be getting the shot in late January early February.

Feel privileged and really looking forward to it.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 05:31:20 PM »
hell na, chump. Rather have covid. Which I currently do.
Least sick i've ever been while being technically sick

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 05:35:05 PM »
My Mom is getting it because of her job, who the fuck knows when I’ll get a chance.

There was a huge argument in my group chat because my friend is refusing to take it because a Pfizer scientist liked some racist tweets 3 years ago. IMO who gives a fuck as long as the vaccine works and side effects are minimal.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:43:31 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 05:43:21 PM »
I haven't looked too much into yet but I probably won't. I'm definitely wouldn't consider myself an anti vaxxer but I'm young and healthy enough to take the risk of getting it than take a risk of a new vaccine. If I was older or more at risk to die from it, then I would be more open to consider it.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 06:02:08 PM »
Yeah, once all the other people are done climbing over one another to get it first.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 06:09:44 PM »
I haven't looked too much into yet but I probably won't. I'm definitely wouldn't consider myself an anti vaxxer but I'm young and healthy enough to take the risk of getting it than take a risk of a new vaccine. If I was older or more at risk to die from it, then I would be more open to consider it.

Yes, but it isn't about you. Isn't the whole point, inoculate  yourself so you  don't spread to those more vulnerable than yourself?

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 06:28:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, but it isn't about you. Isn't the whole point, inoculate  yourself so you  don't spread to those more vulnerable than yourself?

I get that argument but to be honest I think it would be completely unfair to shame someone into injecting a vaccine in their body without any long term studies done. 

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 07:07:13 PM »
what's really hard right now, other than countless people dying from Covid and at least here in the US, the government doing nothing to quell the tide of sickness and death, is that there's no room for conversation about WHY people may have reservations regarding this vaccine. Like all sorts of other shit done in the spirit of unfettered, free market capitalism, I don't particularly trust that these vaccines are all that safe. Pharmaceutical companies pump out medications, that even while being peer reviewed, still aren't exactly safe and have a host of "side effects." And, like I said, those are peer reviewed. Take a look at the law suits underway against Purdue Pharma for the Oxycontin murder spree not to mention the effects and efficacy of anti-depressants, diabetes medication, and anxiety medications that are standards across the board if you're wondering why people who aren't "anti-vaxxers" might be skeptical. What was the rate of gain on the stock market for these companies upon releasing these vaccines? How much money is being lost in major industries due to the proliferation of Covid 19?

I hope it's legit and doesn't do harm. I'll probably take it- I've traveled a bunch and went through basic training for the military, so there's already a ton of medication and vaccinations that have been shot into this body. I'm just trying to respec the lived experience of others and their self determination. Conversation is crucial.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 07:26:08 PM »
Yes, as soon it will be my turn. Already had Covid and we need to stop this.

Good initiativ, the "Ignore user" will wear out by the end of this thread.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
I don't see a connection between Oxy and other meds (addictive or otherwise) and the vaccines. Two vastly different cases. Also, this vaccines were approved in the EU as well, so I'm not too worried about their safety.

It's fine to have reservations, but antivaxxers aren't being skeptical, they fully believe that vaccines are evil or whatever while reaping the benefits of vaccinations. That to me is not healthy skepticism but a total disconnect from reality.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 07:35:36 PM »
I'll get it through the VA whenever they offer it. I hope it's effective on that new UK strain, too.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2020, 07:44:23 PM »
It’s my understanding the Pfizer vaccine does not stop transmission but it does lessen the sickness. Therefore the Pfizer vaccine will not stop the spread.

Interested to learn more about the Humira vaccine.

That being said I will take my share in six months from now. Until then I will avoid all humans except family.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2020, 07:56:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I get that argument but to be honest I think it would be completely unfair to shame someone into injecting a vaccine in their body without any long term studies done.

I hear ya. I skeptical also but in this circumstance I am going in.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2020, 07:57:50 PM »
I don't see a connection between Oxy and other meds (addictive or otherwise) and the vaccines. Two vastly different cases. Also, this vaccines were approved in the EU as well, so I'm not too worried about their safety.

It's fine to have reservations, but antivaxxers aren't being skeptical, they fully believe that vaccines are evil or whatever while reaping the benefits of vaccinations. That to me is not healthy skepticism but a total disconnect from reality.

While the topic of this thread isn't oxycontin or addiction, oxycontin is widely available throughout the rest of the world, including Europe. What's similar however, is that Pharmaceutical companies do work to reap profits, regardless of consumer safety. Again, you may see these as unrelated, there are many however, who due to lived experience, do not.

Again, I'm not speaking for antivaxxers- I believe that vaccines have greatly and undoubtedly improved the quality of life throughout the world. When systems continually ignore the will of people, keep breaking people down, and ruining any sense of trust, it's no wonder they're more than skeptical and mistrustful of what they're being told to do. If we understand and honor that by actually engaging in conversation, rather than denouncing any skepticism as being in line with the antivaxx Q patrol, more productive results could be reached rather than a bunch of finger pointing.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 07:58:50 PM »
I am keen. Look I don’t know much at all about medicine and stuff but as others said I think vaccines are different for sure, I think they work differently to other drugs - is a vaccine even a drug?

But the discussion on big pharma or whatever, and over prescription of drugs of dependancy is a legit discussion - I just think these are two different issues
listen to cosmic psychos

sketchyrider

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 08:04:05 PM »
the problem with "skepticism" and "just wanting to have a conversation" is that there is no evidence for being skeptical, and there is no real conversation to be had, you are just scared of a substance that you personally don't understand being injected into your body, and that in itself is fine, but don't go making shit up after the fact to justify those raw emotions.

this "conversation" never seems to include the fact that the vaccine has gone through several clinical trials and has been determined to be exponentially safer than the virus, full stop. experts who understand the disease > randos on the internet feeling skeptical for no real reason, that goes for pretty much everything covid19 related.

fwiw, oxycontin is not inherently unsafe, but marketing it aggressively and prescribing it to people who did not need it was unsafe.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2020, 08:50:38 PM »
the problem with "skepticism" and "just wanting to have a conversation" is that there is no evidence for being skeptical, and there is no real conversation to be had, you are just scared of a substance that you personally don't understand being injected into your body, and that in itself is fine, but don't go making shit up after the fact to justify those raw emotions.

this "conversation" never seems to include the fact that the vaccine has gone through several clinical trials and has been determined to be exponentially safer than the virus, full stop. experts who understand the disease > randos on the internet feeling skeptical for no real reason, that goes for pretty much everything covid19 related.

fwiw, oxycontin is not inherently unsafe, but marketing it aggressively and prescribing it to people who did not need it was unsafe.

I'm not trying to further an argument regarding the efficacy of these new vaccines. I've been a mask wearing, hand washing hermit this whole damn time because I'm not a medical professional and like yourself, some rando on the internet, don't know shit about shit. What I'm saying is that telling people that their "raw emotions" and lived experiences when it comes to authority and medical treatment/experts are invalid does more harm than good. There are populations of people, and really, I find the Trump Q crowd frustrating and extremely dangerous and am not referring to them, who have continually been fucked, again and again.

I didn't state that oxycontin is unsafe, but rather the side effect of addiction and the fact that it was created/prescribed/marketed solely for the sake of mass profit. Sure, in a perfect world, time release oxycodone is as safe as  soda pop, but that's not how the world works. People were told that high dose time release oxycontin was safe and non-addictive, which was an outright lie.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »
Also im fully pro mandatory vaccination.
I‘ve seen 30 year olds being transferd to ICU, i have collegues who still have breath troubles walking up stairs while running marathons a dear before.
But obviously everything looks less dangerous
If you experience it trought The internet.

Its incredible how people refuse to listen to the Worlds
Leading scientists, the WHO, doctors.... people who habe a clue and have decades of experience.

People rather listen to whacky youtube links, whatsapp groups, you name it.

They admit to have no clue about vaccination, to have no
Idea how it works, yet they just repeat bullshit from weird
Sources.

Would you buy that 12$ iphone from that Weird site you just found a link in your spam inbox? Would you invest in that fishy pyramid system that you get youtube links for?  You wouldnt. So why do you do that when it comes down to your healt.

People say they are afraid of long term issues yet they put a cellphone to their head every day no questions asked whatsoever. (And NO i dont think thats a problem)

People say, well i dont no what its made of, whats inside... yet they smoke weed and do drugs they juy from random guys/sources....

Just man up and get the shot. If not for yourself do it for your loved ones.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2020, 10:01:11 PM »

Nailed it so hard. Gnar
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2020, 10:37:37 PM »
Yeah I’d like to but after they’ve got all the kinks out of the initial treatment. 

No it’s not some antivaxxer bs just if they’re rushing everyone to get it I’m not buying it’s effectiveness.

I have been in medical studies and I’ve had extreme issues with side effects and having been on antiviral drugs for Hep C they’ve given me exema and restless leg syndrome.

Plus anyone else remember the fact they’ve purposefully done horrible things in the name of medical science to others?
Dueces Bitch's

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2020, 10:48:25 PM »
Yeah I’d like to but after they’ve got all the kinks out of the initial treatment. 

No it’s not some antivaxxer bs just if they’re rushing everyone to get it I’m not buying it’s effectiveness.

I have been in medical studies and I’ve had extreme issues with side effects and having been on antiviral drugs for Hep C they’ve given me exema and restless leg syndrome.

Plus anyone else remember the fact they’ve purposefully done horrible things in the name of medical science to others?

What, like curing your hepatitis?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2020, 10:55:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What, like curing your hepatitis?
True, I get where you are going with that. I’m not entirely convinced about this treatment just yet.
Dueces Bitch's

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 12:05:33 AM »
Be interesting to see how they enforce vaccine if mandatory because so many people out there against it.  In my city, any healthcare type job you have to provide proof of immunizations for mumps, measles, & rubella before getting hired. Think in the near future, covid vaccine be added to the list & non healthcare jobs will also require proof of covid vaccine too. Predict huge problems for forcing existing employees to get vaccine unless a new law is passed. Hard to imagine your employer giving you an ultimatum of getting the shot or be fired. New hires would be so easy to enforce to get vaccine.     
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:16:14 AM by rawr1922 »

Dinglenuts

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 01:12:38 AM »
Be interesting to see how they enforce vaccine if mandatory because so many people out there against it.  In my city, any healthcare type job you have to provide proof of immunizations for mumps, measles, & rubella before getting hired. Think in the near future, covid vaccine be added to the list & non healthcare jobs will also require proof of covid vaccine too. Predict huge problems for forcing existing employees to get vaccine unless a new law is passed. Hard to imagine your employer giving you an ultimatum of getting the shot or be fired. New hires would be so easy to enforce to get vaccine.   
Enforce..mandatory...require..ultimatum.. Any subject about altering your body that may include these words could understandably be met with skepticism.

geneparmesan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2020, 02:17:55 AM »
I wish I had y’alls faith in the government and pharmaceutical companies looking out for our best interests, but based on their prior behavior that doesn’t seem very likely.

Here’s a couple examples:

During prohibition, the US government purposefully poisoned bootleg alcohol and killed over 10,000 people (https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2014/8/8/5975605/alcohol-prohibition-poison).

From 1932-72, the US Public Health Service and the Centers for Disease Control conducted the Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the African American Males (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study). The purpose of this study was to observe the natural history of untreated syphilis; the African-American men who participated in the study were told that they were receiving free health care from the federal government of the United States, but were deceived by the Public Health Service, who never informed subjects of their diagnosis and disguised placebos, ineffective methods, and diagnostic procedures as treatment. The study was supposed to last six months, but they extended it to 40 years, and the only reason it was terminated was because someone leaked it to the press.

There’s a ton of this shit that has been done throughout the years.

Long history here (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States)

“The experiments include the exposure of humans to many chemical and biological weapons (including infection with deadly or debilitating diseases), human radiation experiments, injection of toxic and radioactive chemicals, surgical experiments, interrogation and torture experiments, tests involving mind-altering substances, and a wide variety of others. Many of these tests were performed on children, the sick, and mentally disabled individuals, often under the guise of "medical treatment". In many of the studies, a large portion of the subjects were poor, racial minorities, or prisoners.”

As far as Pfizer goes, they have a long unethical history of bribery, obfuscation, poisoning, and have killed many people with their products.

Good background here (https://www.corp-research.org/pfizer), but probably the best example of how low these people are was their testing of a meningitis antibiotic on children in Nigeria without their consent that lead to the death of some of them, and a 15-year legal battle to reach a settlement for their families (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullahi_v._Pfizer,_Inc.).

I worked for a law firm in 2008 that represented Pfizer, and day after day read incredibly sad documents about people whose lives had been fucked forever because of them taking Pfizer’s arthritis drug Celebrex. Pfizer knew the drug had some serious side effects, but because they were making so much money off of it there was no way it was going to be taken off the market. It’s still being sold to this day.

Honestly, I really don’t understand why anyone would trust governments or pharmaceutical corporations at this point. They have shown time and time again that they don’t give a fuck about us and see us simply as a commodity.

Dinglenuts

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2020, 04:44:47 AM »
^ Hard to argue with that. Thanks for the insight.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2020, 05:02:16 AM »
My Mom is getting it because of her job, who the fuck knows when I’ll get a chance.

There was a huge argument in my group chat because my friend is refusing to take it because a Pfizer scientist liked some racist tweets 3 years ago. IMO who gives a fuck as long as the vaccine works and side effects are minimal.

When keeping it real goes wrong
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2020, 06:50:57 AM »
While the topic of this thread isn't oxycontin or addiction, oxycontin is widely available throughout the rest of the world, including Europe. What's similar however, is that Pharmaceutical companies do work to reap profits, regardless of consumer safety. Again, you may see these as unrelated, there are many however, who due to lived experience, do not.

Again, I'm not speaking for antivaxxers- I believe that vaccines have greatly and undoubtedly improved the quality of life throughout the world. When systems continually ignore the will of people, keep breaking people down, and ruining any sense of trust, it's no wonder they're more than skeptical and mistrustful of what they're being told to do. If we understand and honor that by actually engaging in conversation, rather than denouncing any skepticism as being in line with the antivaxx Q patrol, more productive results could be reached rather than a bunch of finger pointing.

Yes, big pharma is out for profit, this is common knowledge. But vaccines are endorsed by governments in countries where health care isn't a capitalist free for all, health workers and health organizations, unlike oxy. Plus, most people in the world have already been vaccinated for something before, without side effects. So this is why I find it confusing that someone doesn't want to be vaccinated because of the oxy pandemic.

Obviously it's possible that I have missed it, but is this really a reason people are giving for being skeptical of a vaccine? The reasoning is totally off - not wanting to buy product A manufactured by X because of something that happened with product B manufactured by Y. Do these people not take any meds at all? No aspirin? No antibiotics?

Like I said, I understand being skeptical, and no one is finger pointing at those people. But if skeptics are looking to antivaxxers for information rather than actual health organizations or other experts, then they will most likely end up as antivaxxers, or were antivaxxers all along. And at that point I don't care about someone's lived experience if they're going down the conspiracy theory path and endangering other by not getting vaccinated.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2020, 07:06:19 AM »
I won't have a choice, healthcare worker means I either get it or lose the job, plus I don't think "but I smoke weed and you can't catch covid cos of science and ting" is gonna swim with my employers.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"