Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 57805 times)

excitableboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 90
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #270 on: April 01, 2021, 07:14:15 AM »

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #271 on: April 01, 2021, 11:28:40 AM »
Encouraging.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0329-COVID-19-Vaccines.html
Damn, this is super good news because it means that just one shot of Pfizer or Moderna is more effective than expected at preventing infections (80%!) and that both vaccines are more effective than previously thought at preventing asymptomatic infections!

(Correct me if I'm wrong on either of these points though. I don't want to get my hopes up and be one of those people spreading misinformation)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #272 on: April 01, 2021, 03:00:06 PM »
Got my first dose today. Not noticing any side effects, the guy next to me threw up like 5 minutes after he got his shot though.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #273 on: April 03, 2021, 03:25:35 PM »
I'm a week and a few days into my first dose of Moderna. My girlfriend has had no side effects, I felt extremely tired for a few hours the day after. Both of our arms were in tremendous pain from the shot

Psyched to start licking doorknobs again
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

hartt3

• Rep: 5
« Reply #274 on: April 05, 2021, 06:00:05 PM »
I'm a week and a few days into my first dose of Moderna. My girlfriend has had no side effects, I felt extremely tired for a few hours the day after. Both of our arms were in tremendous pain from the shot

Psyched to start licking doorknobs again

second pfizer dose was saturday lets get it ... feel like dogshit for 3 days and a lot of ppl my age judge me for getting vaccinated but im type one diabetic so fuck them hatin anti vax kooks

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #275 on: April 05, 2021, 06:04:36 PM »
I'm scheduled for tomorrow
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #276 on: April 05, 2021, 06:06:33 PM »
so fuck them hatin anti vax kooks
ok thanks

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2021, 09:00:58 PM »
got the email for 2nd appt this morning. After Thursday, I'm fully in. not looking forward to feeling like shit for another weekend but whatever. it's gonna be done
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2021, 09:32:21 PM »
Haven't gone through all the pages so not sure how people on here are feeling about the vaccine but I'd be happy to share my experience.

A little info, I work in the health care field, Social Work Counseling for individuals with intellectual disabilities. So after initially being offered it and taking my time to think about it, I finally went for it. Having family and close friends pass away from COVID-19, definitely influenced me in getting it.

With that being said, I got Pfizer, 1st dose in February. 2nd dose, early March. The only noticeable effect I felt was during the second day soreness in the upper half of my left arm (vaccinated side). For 2nd dose, I felt the soreness again during second day but this time only in upper part of arm, area where I was vaccinated. That is it. I have heard of others who have felt tired, with high temperatures, and such. Fortunately, that is all I felt.

We know this is a personal decision. Do your own research from factual scientifically data, none of those "meme facts", she said, he said stuff. Hope everyone is staying safe and don't let your guard down even if vaccinated.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2021, 05:52:41 AM »
So i quantified my antibodies and i have 1520 U/L. I guess thats ok, collegues from work ranged from 600 to 2500.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2021, 06:14:59 AM »

A little info, I work in the health care field, Social Work Counseling for individuals with intellectual disabilities. So after initially being offered it and taking my time to think about it, I finally went for it. Having family and close friends pass away from COVID-19, definitely influenced me in getting it.

Similar situation.

I work in homeless services, but as the Executive Director of an org. I have little-to-no client interaction unless there is a serious problem I have to intervene with. Our local health care agency asked us for a list of staff back in October or November, in order of priority, for vaccination. We didnt hear back until early February. My name was on the list despite being low-risk, and low-interaction with the public at my position. I thought about whether or not I should take it for a second too, but someone very quickly slapped some sense into me and said that if I get offered the vaccination, I needed to take it. No ifs, ands, or buts. It isnt like we jumped the line - we had it offered to us, and mass immunity is the only thing that matters. Im glad I took it of course. It's almost a moot point now as availability keeps jumping up. I did get shamed a bit by someone I knew. That was fucking lame.
ok thanks

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2021, 09:29:01 AM »
Kinda scared honestly... Right now only older people are getting them and I'm fine with that. The later I have to get it the better

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »
i haven't been keeping up with this thread, so i'm not sure if this has come up, but in the Detroit News today, there's an article regarding 246 people who had been vaccinated, catching Covid after:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/04/05/246-vaccinated-residents-diagnosed-covid-3-dead-michigan/7100759002/

especially shit news really, considering how things are right now here in Michigan.

i am not sharing this to discourage anyone at all--get those vaccines ya'll...just to remind people to be mindful and cautious one way or the other...

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2021, 09:57:20 AM »
i haven't been keeping up with this thread, so i'm not sure if this has come up, but in the Detroit News today, there's an article regarding 246 people who had been vaccinated, catching Covid after:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/04/05/246-vaccinated-residents-diagnosed-covid-3-dead-michigan/7100759002/

especially shit news really, considering how things are right now here in Michigan.

i am not sharing this to discourage anyone at all--get those vaccines ya'll...just to remind people to be mindful and cautious one way or the other...

Not an expert myself, but here is a quick calculation :
2 950 000 Michigan residents are fully vaccinated (from the article)
246 were fully vaccinated and caught the virus anyways : that's 0,008%
3 died : less than 1/1 000 000

Statistically it's good news and evidence the vaccine is working, but still 3 losses so absolutely remain mindful and cautious
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 05:33:42 PM by Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2021, 11:08:15 AM »
Now I can schedule my tattoo!!! I put a few hundred down right when covid hit.
I didn't wanna get anyone sick. Now I'm good to go after I get my next dose.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2021, 11:29:07 AM »
So i quantified my antibodies and i have 1520 U/L. I guess thats ok, collegues from work ranged from 600 to 2500.

Are you going to re-test after a few weeks? Heard that antibodies might drop but that t cells will take over. Thus, I am curious to hear how the values develop over time.

EDIT: congrats to anyone getting their shot(s), most of US are still waiting here in Germany/Austria.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #286 on: April 06, 2021, 12:46:10 PM »
Yeah, i‘m goong to retest after the summer.

I just want to see if it drops or not and if how much.

So i just quantified to know where i start at.

It‘s pointless if quantify it in 6 months and don‘t know what the initial count was.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #287 on: April 06, 2021, 01:10:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Similar situation.

Good for you. I am also glad you go it. Forget the people trying to shame you.

I work in homeless services, but as the Executive Director of an org. I have little-to-no client interaction unless there is a serious problem I have to intervene with. Our local health care agency asked us for a list of staff back in October or November, in order of priority, for vaccination. We didnt hear back until early February. My name was on the list despite being low-risk, and low-interaction with the public at my position. I thought about whether or not I should take it for a second too, but someone very quickly slapped some sense into me and said that if I get offered the vaccination, I needed to take it. No ifs, ands, or buts. It isnt like we jumped the line - we had it offered to us, and mass immunity is the only thing that matters. Im glad I took it of course. It's almost a moot point now as availability keeps jumping up. I did get shamed a bit by someone I knew. That was fucking lame.

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #288 on: April 06, 2021, 01:10:44 PM »
Got the first Moderna shot a couple weeks ago. Got it at noon and was feeling like shit within 4 hours. Fever, chills, and body aches and super tired for the next day. Pretty sure I had covid last March so maybe that’s why the first shot gave me the side effects. Most sore arm I’ve ever had from a shot. Within two days everything was back to normal like it never happened. Getting the second shot in 2 weeks and I’m hoping the first one did the worst of it to me.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #289 on: April 06, 2021, 03:43:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not an expert myself, but here is a quick calculation :
2 950 000 Michigan residents are fully vaccinated (from the article)
246 were fully vaccinated and caught the virus anyways : that's 0,008%
3 died : less than 1/1 000 000

Statistically it's good news and evidence the vaccine is working, but still 3 losses so absolutely remain mindful and cotious
2 of those 3 deaths were people who were 65 and older who were within three weeks of getting fully vaccinated. The article goes on to talk about how the CDC is researching how it can take longer for the vaccine to be fully effective for older adults.

I'm not trying to downplay this either, but just trying to look on the brightside of things. Everyone get those vaccines if they can!

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #290 on: April 06, 2021, 06:47:57 PM »
I get my second Pfizer on Thursday. I'm more than fucking ready to take public transit and work. The other day I dapped a GX guy at waller. haven't had to deal w 'rule-breaking' in Covid because I moved across the country last July and I live with my gf's 60-something parents and I don't know anyone here. I was home for a month and spent time maskless inside with one vaccinated friend. maybe I can make friends at work
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #291 on: April 06, 2021, 09:16:15 PM »
Got the first Moderna shot a couple weeks ago. Got it at noon and was feeling like shit within 4 hours. Fever, chills, and body aches and super tired for the next day. Pretty sure I had covid last March so maybe that’s why the first shot gave me the side effects. Most sore arm I’ve ever had from a shot. Within two days everything was back to normal like it never happened. Getting the second shot in 2 weeks and I’m hoping the first one did the worst of it to me.

yeah man, I'm in the same boat except it was late January. My boss had flown to Chicago for holidays and soon after returning her whole family was sick as fuck, all three kids had temps over 101, one hit 104 and projectile vomited in the store. Of course she came to work... This was right around the time I flew coast to coast from one major int'l hub to another and back. I was hella sick and got some sort of ear infection that has left me with tinnitus, which seems to be one of the possible, yet really still unstudied, effects of Covid 19. shit sucked and still sucks. I'm going in for round 2 Thursday and hope I don't feel as awful as I did with round 1.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

beandemon

« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2021, 02:09:49 PM »
Got the J&J last night about 6.  County run event, first come, first serve. They’re taking anyone 16+.  I’ve been feeling hungover all day, pretty bad this AM.  Missed work - I’m doing a roof right now and have no business on ladders or operating power tools. Still highly recommend.

nevrwasben

« Reply #293 on: April 07, 2021, 02:23:28 PM »
Got the J&J last night about 6.  County run event, first come, first serve. They’re taking anyone 16+.  I’ve been feeling hungover all day, pretty bad this AM.  Missed work - I’m doing a roof right now and have no business on ladders or operating power tools. Still highly recommend.
I got mine (j&j) Saturday a.m., was a little spacey and tired the rest of the day.
Went skating Sunday a.m. and was still dragging a bit but not too bad.
Crazy part is, Sunday afternoon my seasonal allergy symptoms went batshit crazy, like I didn’t even take my allergy med (OTC Allegra) which normally handles things for me.
Full on itchy throat, scratching until my eyelids are raw, sneezy & snotty.
It’s intermittent at this point, just leaves me wondering if there’s any correlation.
When I get a cold/flu, I don’t have the itchiness, so I think it’s just coincidence...

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #294 on: April 07, 2021, 02:51:43 PM »
I just uploaded 2nd Pfizer poke into my arm drive.
I’m “feeling” safer already.
Crossing my fingers for a relatively side affect free next day or so, as I’ve scheduled a skate session for tomorrow, and come heck or high water, I’m going skating dammit.
That is all.
Shalomage to all.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #295 on: April 07, 2021, 02:59:22 PM »
I just uploaded 2nd Pfizer poke into my arm drive.
I’m “feeling” safer already.
Crossing my fingers for a relatively side affect free next day or so, as I’ve scheduled a skate session for tomorrow, and come heck or high water, I’m going skating dammit.
That is all.
Shalomage to all.

Awesome, kudos. Just feels like Pfizer overall is a much better experience with less side effects. Our whole staff of 30+ got Pfizer and I think one person had some mild fatigue/lethargy/soreness.
ok thanks

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #296 on: April 07, 2021, 03:17:08 PM »
got the second moderna one on sunday and my wife got it monday. we've both been sick as shit. here's the break down. i'm 47 and she's 42. i got it because i have asthma and she because she works with elderly folks. definitely feel fortunate and would do this again but damn it's been a little rough.

1st shot
Me
- sore arm for a day or so

wife
- really sore arm and some body aches and tiredness for a few days

2nd shot
me
- really sore arm day of
- sore arm for next 2 days
- next day really started feeling bad around 3pm or so (i got it at 11:15 am previous day)
  - body aches really bad, felt like was in a car wreck or something
  - fatigued
  - weird stomach ache
  - head ache
  - sore core/spine/kidneys
  - at night chills and fever
- day 2
  - feeling better but still sore arm
  - fatigued
  - sore core/spine/kidneys
- day 3 (today)
  - first day that i felt good enough to exercise
  - got dizzy several times exercising
  - fatigued

wife
- really similar to me but she is one day behind and feeling better. she trimmed one day off my outcomes

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2021, 05:37:40 PM »
I got the Johnson and Johnson a few days ago and the next morning I had basically what you described Sleazy but just for the day. Along with lots of nausea and throwing up that morning. The next day, today, I feel ok. Went skateboarding too for a bit.

Yu Dum

« Reply #298 on: April 08, 2021, 11:14:50 AM »
Got my first round of the Pfizer dose around 10:30 this morning. No noticeable side-effects. Arm isn't too sore, but I've been moving it around as much as I can to keep it from getting to that point. Getting my second dose the 29th of this month.
Hoping I don't experience the same shit you all are mentioning, but we shall see. Just relieved that I can worry a little less about getting my wife sick.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2021, 09:12:57 AM »
Got my second Pfizer shot Wednesday. I was fine for the rest of day. The night it got bad. My body started to ache as if I had a heavy session earlier that day, and the adrenaline was wearing off. Then I had a headache. I could not sleep. The next morning the headache was worse. I was extremely fatigued and still sore, on top of just feeling like I had a common cold. I called out of work. By that evening I was fine again.

My first shot had no major effects. But that second one was rough. Today I'm fine. Make sure you schedule accordingly dudes. I'd recommend not having anything too important scheduled the day after.