Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 57811 times)

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2021, 07:51:11 AM »
I smoked a ton of weed the next day after my J&J shot. But I always smoke when I have a fever or headache since it helps make it go away. That’s just me.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2021, 08:14:58 AM »
Canadian here, they vaccinated 60 or so people with AstraZeneca at my job yesterday, about 20 of ‘em are out sick, apparently the side effects are terrible.

Waitin’ on the Pfizer one to be available for people in my age group.

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2021, 08:48:49 AM »
I wouldn't do anything mind/mood altering with the vaccinations. With all the variations in reactivity, it's best to be sharp and on the lookout for whatever is outside the norms.

For example, both my wife and daughter had tender lymph nodes on the armpit area the side that was vaccinated a few days out as the only side effect they experienced. Luckily, wife had the presence of mind to research and discover it is quite common.

Thanks for your comment, will probably lay off the weed for a few days then. Glad your family was otherwise okay.

I took a shot of vodka after my first dose of Pfizer and went to bed at 9, felt okay since... just a little muscle pain in the arm.

coneklr

« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2021, 09:23:54 AM »
This thread is crazy man.  Either you guys are way more brave than I am or you just question shit way less ...  as of right now, you are all still in the clinical trial phase of a new technology (that has never in the past received approval for human use), long term effects are still unknown and you can still potentially get and spread even after getting vaccinated.  They're still even recommending all of the same precautions as if you didn't have it for the most part.  So lessening symptoms in your own body (maybe although some people get worse symptoms when they come across it in the wild) and virtue signaling are the only things you have to show for getting it?  I respect everyone's right to choose what's right for them, but I'll be waiting until studies conclude before I do anything and I can't see how anyone can shit on someone for not getting it yet.  Sorry if my critical thinking and being cautious of experimental drugs knocks me down a peg on here pals.  Open to any constructive criticism with valid proof to back up anything I may have wrong here as I'm always open to learning.

"On December 11, 2020, the FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. On December 18, 2020, the FDA issued an EUA for the use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. And on February 27, 2021 the FDA issued an EUA for the use of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine. The issuance of an EUA is different than an FDA approval (licensure) of a vaccine." (i.e. it has not been approved)
Source: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-frequently-asked-questions#general

The earliest completion of phase 3 trials I can find is the end of 2021 with some going into 2022/23
Source: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=COVID-19&intr=vaccine&intr=vaccine&term=AREA%5BInterventionType%5D+%28Drug+OR+Biological%29&fund=0&fund=1

You may still get and spread the virus.  You may need boosters in the future.  You still won't be going back to normal as the following on the cdc website points out.

"Although COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting sick, scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show the vaccines do help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated.

We’re also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.

For these reasons, people who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 should keep taking precautions in public places, until we know more, like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing your hands often."

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fvaccines%2F8-things.html

Hopefully I'm just way too cautious and you all will be healthy and happy and have no side effects!

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2021, 10:08:49 AM »
This thread is crazy man.  Either you guys are way more brave than I am or you just question shit way less ...  as of right now, you are all still in the clinical trial phase of a new technology (that has never in the past received approval for human use), long term effects are still unknown and you can still potentially get and spread even after getting vaccinated.  They're still even recommending all of the same precautions as if you didn't have it for the most part.  So lessening symptoms in your own body (maybe although some people get worse symptoms when they come across it in the wild) and virtue signaling are the only things you have to show for getting it?  I respect everyone's right to choose what's right for them, but I'll be waiting until studies conclude before I do anything and I can't see how anyone can shit on someone for not getting it yet.  Sorry if my critical thinking and being cautious of experimental drugs knocks me down a peg on here pals.  Open to any constructive criticism with valid proof to back up anything I may have wrong here as I'm always open to learning.

"On December 11, 2020, the FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. On December 18, 2020, the FDA issued an EUA for the use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. And on February 27, 2021 the FDA issued an EUA for the use of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine. The issuance of an EUA is different than an FDA approval (licensure) of a vaccine." (i.e. it has not been approved)
Source: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-frequently-asked-questions#general

The earliest completion of phase 3 trials I can find is the end of 2021 with some going into 2022/23
Source: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=COVID-19&intr=vaccine&intr=vaccine&term=AREA%5BInterventionType%5D+%28Drug+OR+Biological%29&fund=0&fund=1

You may still get and spread the virus.  You may need boosters in the future.  You still won't be going back to normal as the following on the cdc website points out.

"Although COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting sick, scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show the vaccines do help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated.

For these reasons, people who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 should keep taking precautions in public places, until we know more, like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing your hands often."

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fvaccines%2F8-things.html

Hopefully I'm just way too cautious and you all will be healthy and happy and have no side effects!

I took the vaccine because I trust modern medicine and the scientists who developed the vaccines more than any crackpot internet conspiracy theorist (not labeling you as such, just making a point). Vaccines are an amazing scientific achievement by humanity and have saved millions of lives. You get vaccinated at an early age for several diseases that used to take countless lives and don’t have to worry about dying from small pox or getting paralyzed from polio, and no one questions that. You can take a flu shot each year (which mind you, is much less effective than the current Covid vaccines are at preventing infection but no vaccine is 100% effective at preventing infection) Yes it’s true that these vaccines for Covid are brand new but they were developed on the back of many years of prior research (https://historyofvaccines.blog/2021/01/03/the-history-of-the-mrna-vaccines/) and thus far have had extremely negligible negative effects on the millions of people who’ve taken them and have undoubtedly already saved many lives. I took my second jab of the Pfizer shot two weeks ago and after some expected/typical side effects of fever, fatigue, and chills that lasted two days I feel 100% fine and my anxiety about the future has turned to hope for us actually getting out of this mess and being able to safely return to some of the activities we love (live music for me!). Moreover, it’s very unlikely that a pharmaceutical giant such as Pfizer would risk their entire business by putting out a vaccine that is dangerous to its recipients. The scientists behind these vaccines know what they’re doing, and if you don’t trust vaccines then you may as well ahead and stop trusting every other technology that modern science has afforded us.

coneklr

« Reply #365 on: April 28, 2021, 10:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I took the vaccine because I trust modern medicine and the scientists who developed the vaccines more than any crackpot internet conspiracy theorist (not labeling you as such, just making a point). Vaccines are an amazing scientific achievement by humanity and have saved millions of lives. You get vaccinated at an early age for several diseases that used to take countless lives and don’t have to worry about dying from small pox or getting paralyzed from polio, and no one questions that. You can take a flu shot each year (which mind you, is much less effective than the current Covid vaccines are at preventing infection but no vaccine is 100% effective at preventing infection) Yes it’s true that these vaccines for Covid are brand new but they were developed on the back of many years of prior research (https://historyofvaccines.blog/2021/01/03/the-history-of-the-mrna-vaccines/) and thus far have had extremely negligible negative effects on the millions of people who’ve taken them and have undoubtedly already saved many lives. I took my second jab of the Pfizer shot two weeks ago and after some expected/typical side effects of fever, fatigue, and chills that lasted two days I feel 100% fine and my anxiety about the future has turned to hope for us actually getting out of this mess and being able to safely return to some of the activities we love (live music for me!). Moreover, it’s very unlikely that a pharmaceutical giant such as Pfizer would risk their entire business by putting out a vaccine that is dangerous to its recipients. The scientists behind these vaccines know what they’re doing, and if you don’t trust vaccines then you may as well ahead and stop trusting every other technology that modern science has afforded us.

No vaccine manufacturers can be held liable (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/300aa-22), so even if there were catastrophic results, they wouldn't face any repercussions whatsoever.  Which is another reason to be weary.  And while mrna vaccines have been attempted in the past, they were never approved for human use to my knowledge, until this emergency order allowed it.  And everything I stated is backed up by the sources of the trusted experts that follow the science.  Nothing I posted is conspiracy theory what so ever.  That being said, I've researched all of those as well, but kept this to facts only and my reasons for hesitancy.

And fwiw, here's this https://www.dmlawfirm.com/crimes-of-covid-vaccine-maker-pfizer-well-documented/  Pretty sure they aren't too concerned.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:53:06 AM by coneklr »

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #366 on: April 28, 2021, 10:33:30 AM »
Today is two weeks after my 2nd dose.  It's a good day.

I had the Pfizer and the day after dose two I was slightly winded at the skatepark, but other than that there were no problems.

By studying real-world data the vaccines provide more than a 90% protection against getting the disease - not just "not having symptoms".  They offer real protection from getting Covid.  And if you don't get it, you can't spread it.

Israel has 59% of their population vaccinated and they had 110 cases yesterday - down 99% from their peak day.  99%.

If the US was down 99% from our peak we would be looking at 3,400 cases in a day.   Our lowest case count in the last year was around 19.5k. 

We need to get people vaccinated and this can be behind us.  That means getting people under 30 vaccinated. You want the economy back to normal?  You want to be able to go out without a mask? You want to be over this bullshit?  Get a vaccine.  Get everyone you know to get a vaccine. 

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #367 on: April 28, 2021, 10:59:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah I’m definitely happy to be in Canada throughout all this, but getting stimulus checks and timely vaccines would’ve been nice too.  My partner works with the elderly and I work in hospitals and other high traffic areas, but because we’re under 55 we have to wait at least another month or two for our first dose.
[close]

That’s it, I’m rigging up a bio-reactor in the garage. BRB.

Man, we got fucked and I've certainly started to realize some of the drawbacks associated with being a middle-power. America wouldn't export its vaccines to us and Europe was struggling and wasn't exporting their shit either.

Canadian society held together way better than American society, but the reality of being a middle-power and living next to belligerent super power came to light. I vote we break off from N. America and float on over to Europe.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #368 on: April 28, 2021, 11:32:04 AM »
my friend is the medical director of our state health departments board of epidemiology .. he’s much smarter than i am and has spent his adult life learning about viruses and is so good at what he does that the state hired him as their leader in this field .. because of this, his knowledge about vaccines and viruses gave him the confidence to sign up as a trial volunteer before the vaccines were given general population approval .. he knows how vaccines are made, what’s in them and what the potential short term and long term effects will be .. he’s much smarter than i am and i will use him as my role model in this scenario

i like coneklr and think it’s ok to disagree on something like this .. i understand why people choose naturalistic medicine but think it’s unfair that the only reason those people are able to live safely is because the general public that chooses modern science protects them while at the same time they put us at risk

im currently in the situation where im living as a parent with protection while my kids are still at risk ..  feel like we’re so close yet so far . and a trigger for me is when people say kids will be just fine

also, the same argument can be made about short term and long term effects if you get covid-19 .. it’s a novel virus that we won’t be sure what happens until time reveals itself .. ugh it’s exhausting but again i respect most views and you can only do what’s best for yourself and those in your circle - just wish it was not politicized but it is what it is
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 11:52:58 AM by straight »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #369 on: April 28, 2021, 11:33:56 AM »

You got the definition of long term effects wrong. (As many do)

Long term effects don‘t occure after 20 years. They occure right after vaccination and persist for a long time.

So far no long term effects.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #370 on: April 28, 2021, 11:51:35 AM »

Long term effects don‘t occure after 20 years. They occure right after vaccination and persist for a long time.

Interesting. I did not know this!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

coneklr

« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2021, 11:54:35 AM »
i like coneklr and think it’s ok to disagree on something like this .. i understand why people choose naturalistic medicine but think it’s unfair that the only reason those people are able to live safely is because the general public that chooses modern science protects them while at the same time they put us at risk

I like you as well my friend and I really like that you are able to actually have a convo on this as most people are not.  If you have someone with a compromised immune system I definitely understand your sentiment.  Fwiw, my wife has a compromised immune system, but she is also of the mind to wait, especially in light of all of the strange things recently with women having issues with uterine bleeding.  For those that don't though, if you trust the vaccine currently, why would you be concerned with those that don't as they pose no threat to you. 

What about the blood clotting and the newish women's issues that are coming to light?  I haven't researched in depth yet, but they seem to definitely be something to be concerned with, especially women who still want children.

And again, I respect everyones choices and decisions and truly appreciate the honest conversation.  I have tried to keep my personal thoughts and feelings out of this and stick to facts from what are supposed to be the sites everyone holds as truth.

mushroom slice

« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2021, 11:59:47 AM »
Do you guys think weed would help with side effects from the 2nd shot? Or would it bring on some paranoid state where you think the vaccine is killing your body?

Maybe I'll just stick to chicken soup or pho...
I asked the nurse that gave me my 1st Pfizer shot if it was ok to smoke weed after. She said “ yes” so
I smoked. Had zero side effects.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2021, 12:11:04 PM »
if you trust the vaccine currently, why would you be concerned with those that don't as they pose no threat to you. 

my and all children are at risk currently .. but i was referring to past and current vaccinations and anti vaxers . they’re able to live that lifestyle only because their living in a protected / vaccinated society .. it’s selfish - and same goes for covid vaccine in that unvaccinated people are being protected by those that choose to be vaccinated

are your kids vaccinated? if so, did you have the same questions and reservations when you got them inoculated (i did not but my wife did her research and had reservations but we did ultimately vaccinate) .. it’s funny to me that the same people that are saying they don’t trust this vaccine did absolutely no research whatsoever when they got their own children vaccinated .. yes it’s different because it’s new, but vaccines aren’t a new science

i want to take this moment to tell you i am not smart and have no idea what im talking about .. it’s just my feelings

coneklr

« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2021, 12:22:07 PM »
These vaccines are a new science and due to the same reasons my wife and I have not received it yet, we have not given the children it either.  We will wait until the trials are officially done and see where that leaves us.  So it's not that we are being selfish, it's that we like our odds more with getting sick than the unknown of something in its trial phase at the moment.

We also do follow protocol where required.  We aren't going around having crazy parties and shit haha.  Don't want it to come off that way.

I also think it sounds like you did the best you could decision wise with the information we have to work with.  I think that is all anyone can do right now.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2021, 12:32:29 PM »
this is why people can’t have conversations because we are hard headed on our own side ..

i like my odds better with a vaccine side effect than a novel virus long haul effect (being sick with COVID-19 is in its trial phase)

and i was taking about all other vaccines in regards to children (measles mumps rubella) .. i know people that did not think twice and did no research to vaccinate their children with that but are anti covid vaxers now

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2021, 12:39:30 PM »
got my first dose of pfizer feelin cool

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2021, 01:06:48 PM »
It blows my fucking mind that the US is approaching 600k cocid deaths, and that is most likely under counted, and India's official number is still 1/3 that. What the fuck. 45th administration needs to be liable. Fucking hell
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2021, 01:12:53 PM »
It blows my fucking mind that the US is approaching 600k cocid deaths, and that is most likely under counted, and India's official number is still 1/3 that. What the fuck. 45th administration needs to be liable. Fucking hell

You can't believe how many of my MAGA family members are like, "Trump didn't have 400k deaths when he started his Presidency."

My response to them most likely resulted in my no-invite for Thanksgiving — thankfully.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:29:06 PM by TastyBurrito »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2021, 01:23:24 PM »
I lucked out in ending up with some friends who are much more well versed in medicine and virology than I will ever be. One specifically is a professor at the medical school at the university in my city and I trust her and her fellow researchers.

Since the outset, they've been a fountain of knowledge sharing insight with their own findings. Anything useful they've shared through private messaging, I have tried to disseminate here.

Therefore, if she said the vaccine was unsafe and gave evidence for her opinion that wasn't speculation, I would be quick to sound the alarm.

It's okay to have misgivings about vaccinations, but honestly, I'm more afraid of the virus and potential long term effects of contracting it even if you are 100% asymptomatic.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2021, 01:31:32 PM »
I've been fully vax'd for....five or six weeks now. My wife just got her second shot of Moderna yesterday and holy shit. She was up super sick all night. Migraine, just awful condition. Little better today. Took about 10 hours for it to fully start destroying her.
ok thanks

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2021, 11:44:52 PM »
I got the single dose J&j like a week before the handful of clotting cases started Kinda tripped about it initially, but I'll take the miniscule odds of a potential clot over all the hell the virus can cause

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2021, 11:00:25 AM »
Starting May 10th in Quebec, my age group (30-34) will be eligible to get vax’d.

I have the choice of Pfizer or Moderna, any reason I should go for one more than the other ?

Looks like I might be able to do some BJJ this summer after all.

Yu Dum

« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2021, 11:29:23 AM »
Got my second round of the Pfizer vax around 9:30 this morning. So far, so good. Only complaint is my arm being way more sore this time around. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #384 on: April 30, 2021, 10:56:52 AM »
After having no reaction to my first shot, the second Moderna dose I got yesterday has been kicking my ass today.

Super sore and fatigued, very uncomfortable in a way I can't even really verbalize. Kinda like a bad hangover, kratom has been pretty helpful though.

Couple weeks old now, but this is definitely worth listening to:
https://citationsneeded.libsyn.com/news-brief-big-pharma-bill-gates-spin-against-generic-vaccines-for-global-south-as-biden-a-no-show

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #385 on: April 30, 2021, 02:24:57 PM »
I got both shots of Pfizer. Didn't feel any side effects for either. Excited for my incoming immunity

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #386 on: April 30, 2021, 09:05:00 PM »
I got Pfizer and that shit fucked me up for like 1.5 days afterwards for both doses, respectively. My muscles felt tired/inflamed the day afterwards. The second one gave me a fever of like 99.4 F. Shit sucked but I'm feeling better now. At least now I know my immune system is weak af, prefer these side effects over corona forsure.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: April 30, 2021, 09:17:36 PM »
I got Pfizer and that shit fucked me up for like 1.5 days afterwards for both doses, respectively. My muscles felt tired/inflamed the day afterwards. The second one gave me a fever of like 99.4 F. Shit sucked but I'm feeling better now. At least now I know my immune system is weak af, prefer these side effects over corona forsure.

actually, counterintuitively, that’s a sign of a good immune response

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #388 on: April 30, 2021, 10:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

actually, counterintuitively, that’s a sign of a good immune response

wait, holy shit.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #389 on: May 05, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
I received my second dose of Pfizer Saturday morning. Got drunk with my girlfriend later, and I don’t drink too much these days so I was gonna feel terrible the next day regardless. I did, I spend most of the day falling asleep on the couch with a headache hating myself. Finally went to the skate park for a bit later that day and was able to skate okay. No terrible side affects.

Today is Wednesday and I feel a general sense of fatigue. It could be 1000 different things, but has anyone else felt a shift in their energy levels for a prolonged period of time after either shot?

I don’t know what the root cause of this feeling is for me, could be stress, not stretching enough, eating wrong. I work a physically demanding job and Ive been okay, but i do randomly feel like napping all the time. Maybe I’m depressed. discuss...