Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 57830 times)

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #810 on: November 05, 2021, 08:36:26 AM »
Got a Pfizer booster yesterday, by 4am or so I woke up with sore arm, headache, etc. Arm is more sore this time than either previous shot, but overall not as bad as shot #2 was. Somewhere in between my relatively mild first shot and my fairly unpleasant second one.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #811 on: November 07, 2021, 12:32:11 PM »
Got the pfizer booster in mid september, didn‘t felt anything

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #812 on: November 13, 2021, 11:25:55 AM »
Just got moderna boosted and the flu shot in the other arm. 2nd shot fucked me up. Supposed to skate tomorrow, we’ll see.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #813 on: November 13, 2021, 05:25:38 PM »
Have yet to get my booster.. Really need to considering we are remodeling a jail and the entire fucking jail gets it like every other week.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #814 on: November 13, 2021, 08:06:19 PM »
Got my Pfizer booster today with my wife at Walgreens. So far just sore arm after napping. It was good to see parents bringing in their children for their vaccine even if it meant waiting longer since they were afraid of needles.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #815 on: November 14, 2021, 04:33:26 AM »
If anyone has any questions about the vaccines, I studied microbiology with a focus on immunology, so I'm legitimately interested in informing people what's up in good faith. Stay safe out there everyone!

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #816 on: November 14, 2021, 07:35:47 AM »
Just got moderna boosted and the flu shot in the other arm. 2nd shot fucked me up. Supposed to skate tomorrow, we’ll see.
Feel genuinely awful. Just body aches, can’t get comfortable. Horrible night’s sleep. Feels exactly like shot 2, which also felt like when I had covid.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #817 on: November 14, 2021, 01:27:00 PM »
Both my wife and I had the Pfizer in the spring and had very few side effects.  A little tired, a bit of a sore arm to the touch.

Two weeks ago we got boosted and chose the Moderna with the thought that it may produce a higher reaction due to it being a different vaccine.

We were both put on our asses.  The next morning I woke up feeling off, then by 2pm I was in bed.  At 1am I had a headache that was worse than any hangover I have had in 10 years.  I took Tylenol and by the time I woke up at 7 I was still in pain, but could at least think.  By mid afternoon I was feeling about 70%, and the next morning (Saturday after a Wednesday boost) I was feeling fine.

Other friends who stuck with the same as their initial didn't have big reactions.

Anecdotal because it's a small sample size - but that's the news here.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 83
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #818 on: November 15, 2021, 04:34:51 PM »
Got my booster Saturday
Cocteau Twins

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #819 on: November 15, 2021, 04:57:06 PM »
my parents get boosters tomorrow, gonna get one too asap. but it hasn't been long since i was fully vaxxed, barely three months, so i probably will have to wait a bit still.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #820 on: November 15, 2021, 05:02:25 PM »
If anyone has any questions about the vaccines, I studied microbiology with a focus on immunology, so I'm legitimately interested in informing people what's up in good faith. Stay safe out there everyone!

November 23rd will be 6 months from my second shot of Pfizer. I heard somewhere about 3 months ago (probably NPR) that boosters should be taken at 8 months

I understand that we are trying to prevent another surge but if I can stay away from everyone (which is real easy for me) shouldn't I wait longer before I get my booster

I'm not scared of getting sick from a shot. I'm a skater not a pussy

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #821 on: November 15, 2021, 09:01:50 PM »
 I got the j&j in April and was thinking of getting a Moderna booster soon, anyone have any experience with that combo? Or am i the only one dumb enough to get the baby powder vax to begin with?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #822 on: November 16, 2021, 06:03:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

November 23rd will be 6 months from my second shot of Pfizer. I heard somewhere about 3 months ago (probably NPR) that boosters should be taken at 8 months

I understand that we are trying to prevent another surge but if I can stay away from everyone (which is real easy for me) shouldn't I wait longer before I get my booster

I'm not scared of getting sick from a shot. I'm a skater not a pussy
Healthcare workers and other high exposure/risk groups were given authorization to be boostered with that shorter interval. If you aren't engaging in risky behavior, I don't see the harm in it. I split the difference since my second dose was on 4/20 and I got my booster this past weekend. Keep in mind depending where you're at might have a rush of kids getting their first dose so plan accordingly.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #823 on: November 16, 2021, 07:03:44 AM »
I got the j&j in April and was thinking of getting a Moderna booster soon, anyone have any experience with that combo? Or am i the only one dumb enough to get the baby powder vax to begin with?
I got it! No booster yet but so far I've yet to get covid.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #824 on: November 16, 2021, 08:00:40 AM »
here's a new one: my 70yo mom talked with her doc about getting a booster, and he recommended that she get her antibodies tested through a blood sample. the test game back saying that she still has hella antibodies from her original vax, like a really high number, and so he doesn't think she needs the booster yet. is that actually how it works? i usually consider myself fairly knowledgable and scientifically literate but i'm just tired of reading all the annoying vaccine news every day at this point.

Loki700

• Rep: 74
« Reply #825 on: November 16, 2021, 11:07:40 AM »
(Bunch of pseudoscience BS I refuse to give a platform now that the post has been deleted)
Why didn't you post this on your actual account?  If you truly believe this and that you can prove what you're saying is factual, then why hide who you are?

Let's start by addressing your claims.

• Florian Dagoury, Myocarditis/Pericarditis:
    People who catch Covid have a 16 times higher risk of developing Myocarditis and Pericarditis than those who haven't caught the virus.  That is 0.146% of patients who contracted Covid compared to 0.009% of the general population.  This is a fairly serious version of the condition.  It could entirely be that he had contracted the virus, was asymptomatic, and developed it that way, or that it was unrelated to the virus or the vaccine.

There is a slight risk, 0.003% chance to be exact, that you can develop the condition from the vaccine.  You may notice that the risk of developing it from the vaccine is 3 times lower than the risk of developing it just from being alive.  Those that did develop the condition from the vaccine had a very mild version of the condition and it typically was resolved with a few days of taking it easy.
  • Kyle Warner, Pericarditis, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia, and Reactive Arthritis:
    I won't rehash the above, as it still applies to this.

POTS I've only been able to find one instance of it being possibly linked to the vaccine, and if Kyle's truly is from the vaccine, that's two instances.  That means the incidence rate is extremely low.  It is also generally temporary when caused by an outside condition like this.

Reactive Arthritis, much like POTS, I could only find one other case, and the patient wound up back to normal 2 days after receiving an injection.  Reactive Arthritis is easily treatable, and is exceedingly rare to happen after a vaccine dosage.

TL:DR - You should have the balls to stand behind what you say rather than hiding behind anonymity.  Nothing you've listed has been "life altering" and is easily resolved through waiting or a simple application of medicine, and some of what you've listed seems very likely that it only coincided with the dosage and is not a result of the dosage, which does happen.

The risk of any adverse effects from the vaccine, especially effects that last longer than a short period (6 months or less I'll say), is so rare that you're still far better off getting the vaccine than not getting it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 08:49:16 PM by Loki700 »
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #826 on: November 16, 2021, 11:20:51 AM »
For anyone who wants a very down the middle view of everything I suggest watching Vincent Racaniello's channel on youtube.  He's a virologist for Columbia University for over 40 plus years and had his channel way before the pandemic.  He says similar about myocarditis that you're 36% more likely to get it from the virus itself.  He's pro vaccine, but doesn't believe most need boosters right now except for J&J. He has a weekly Q&A where people ask him all kinds of questions.  His pods are lengthy, but very informative and well worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orV5gJLoFlU&t=3546s

sikhanddestory

• Rep: 0
« Reply #827 on: November 16, 2021, 12:51:17 PM »
Expand Quote
While it seems everyone here is very pro vaccine, vaccine injuries do happen and everyone should be aware of the risks. As more people get vaccinated we are starting to see those injuries occur. I hope none of this happens to any pals, and am posting this so that people can have more information about something that could have life altering consequences for their health. 

Florian Dagoury, the world top static breath-holding freediver athlete at the moment - he officially held his breath for 10 min 30 sec twice - has seen his health and performance gravely impaired soon after his second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. He was perfectly healthy before being vaccinated, but now has myocarditis and pericarditis after taking the Pfizer shot. He now recommends traditional vaccines over the mRna vaccines.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUrJkJ-FuFd/?utm_medium=copy_link

Kyle Warner, a 29-year-old professional mountain bike racer, developed pericarditis, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and reactive arthritis following his second dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 shot.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVoEk5sh82_/?utm_medium=copy_link

Kyle and other people, who state to a person that they are pro vaccine and pro science, spoke about their injuries at a press conference and it is absolutely heart breaking to see what they are going through.

https://youtu.be/6mxqC9SiRh8?start=998
[close]
Why didn't you post this on your actual account?  If you truly believe this and that you can prove what you're saying is factual, then why hide who you are?

People who catch Covid have a 16 times higher risk of developing Myocarditis and Pericarditis than those who haven't caught the virus.  That is 0.146% of patients who contracted Covid compared to 0.009% of the general population.  This is a fairly serious version of the condition.  It could entirely be that he had contracted the virus, was asymptomatic, and developed it that way, or that it was unrelated to the virus or the vaccine.

There is a slight risk, 0.003% chance to be exact, that you can develop the condition from the vaccine.  You may notice that the risk of developing it from the vaccine is 3 times lower than the risk of developing it just from being alive.  Those that did develop the condition from the vaccine had a very mild version of the condition and it typically was resolved with a few days of taking it easy.
  • Kyle Warner, Pericarditis, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia, and Reactive Arthritis:

POTS I've only been able to find one instance of it being possibly linked to the vaccine, and if Kyle's truly is from the vaccine, that's two instances.  That means the incidence rate is extremely low.  It is also generally temporary when caused by an outside condition like this.

Reactive Arthritis, much like POTS, I could only find one other case, and the patient wound up back to normal 2 days after receiving an injection.  Reactive Arthritis is easily treatable, and is exceedingly rare to happen after a vaccine dosage.

TL:DR - You should have the balls to stand behind what you say rather than hiding behind anonymity.  Nothing you've listed has been "life altering" and is easily resolved through waiting or a simple application of medicine, and some of what you've listed seems very likely that it only coincided with the dosage and is not a result of the dosage, which does happen.

The risk of any adverse effects from the vaccine, especially effects that last longer than a short period (6 months or less I'll say), is so rare that you're still far better off getting the vaccine than not getting it.

DM Kyle Warner like a man and tell him his life hasn't been altered

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWJwZLeN1Ze/

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #828 on: November 16, 2021, 01:19:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
While it seems everyone here is very pro vaccine, vaccine injuries do happen and everyone should be aware of the risks. As more people get vaccinated we are starting to see those injuries occur. I hope none of this happens to any pals, and am posting this so that people can have more information about something that could have life altering consequences for their health. 

Florian Dagoury, the world top static breath-holding freediver athlete at the moment - he officially held his breath for 10 min 30 sec twice - has seen his health and performance gravely impaired soon after his second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. He was perfectly healthy before being vaccinated, but now has myocarditis and pericarditis after taking the Pfizer shot. He now recommends traditional vaccines over the mRna vaccines.

Kyle Warner, a 29-year-old professional mountain bike racer, developed pericarditis, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and reactive arthritis following his second dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 shot.

Kyle and other people, who state to a person that they are pro vaccine and pro science, spoke about their injuries at a press conference and it is absolutely heart breaking to see what they are going through.

[close]

[close]

at 1:30 he literally says "i'm probably going to be ok physically"

soooo it seems like he's gonna be fine? and his video doesn't disprove any of the statistics that Loki posted? sucks that he is being cyberbullied or whatever, if that's actually what's happening. maybe best not to use the poor guy as ammo in some dumb culture war.

sikhanddestory

« Reply #829 on: November 16, 2021, 01:27:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
at 1:30 he literally says "i'm probably going to be ok physically"

soooo it seems like he's gonna be fine? and his video doesn't disprove any of the statistics that Loki posted? sucks that he is being cyberbullied or whatever, if that's actually what's happening. maybe best not to use the poor guy as ammo in some dumb culture war.

Did you miss the part where he says he's suicidal as a result of what's happened to him post vaccination and that six friends of his in a vaccine injury group have all committed suicide?

sikhanddestory

« Reply #830 on: November 16, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

TL:DR - You should have the balls to stand behind what you say rather than hiding behind anonymity.

Not rabbi, but this argument is a logical fallacy that falls under mind reading. You're also rocking a side helping of hypocrisy unless your name is really Loki700.

The CDC study you cited re: myocarditis features some gems in it: "These findings suggest an association between COVID-19 and myocarditis, although causality cannot be inferred from observational data."

and

"The findings in this study are subject to at least six limitations. First, the risk estimates from this study reflect the risk for myocarditis among persons who received a diagnosis of COVID-19 during an outpatient or inpatient health care encounter and do not reflect the risk among all persons who had COVID-19. Second, misclassification of COVID-19 and myocarditis is possible because conditions were determined by ICD-10-CM codes, which were not confirmed by clinical data (e.g., laboratory tests or cardiac imaging) and could be improperly coded or coded with a related condition (e.g., pericarditis). Third, encounters for COVID-19, myocarditis, and COVID-19 vaccination occurring outside of hospital systems that contribute to PHD-SR are not included within this data set. Fourth, underlying medical conditions and alternative etiologies for myocarditis (e.g., autoimmune disease) were not ascertained or excluded. Fifth, the obtained measures of association could be biased because of the choice of the comparison group (all patients without COVID-19) and if physicians were more likely to suspect or diagnose myocarditis among patients with COVID-19. Finally, the findings represent a convenience sample of patients from hospitals reporting to PHD-SR and might not be generalizable to the U.S. population. "

Additionally, re: your number on the chance that you can develop the condition from the vaccine is based on the numbers from the VAERS database. Are you aware of how the reporting works on there? I don't think you want to use those numbers to make your case.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #831 on: November 16, 2021, 02:35:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

TL:DR - You should have the balls to stand behind what you say rather than hiding behind anonymity.
[close]

Not rabbi, but this argument is a logical fallacy that falls under mind reading. You're also rocking a side helping of hypocrisy unless your name is really Loki700.

The CDC study you cited re: myocarditis features some gems in it: "These findings suggest an association between COVID-19 and myocarditis, although causality cannot be inferred from observational data."

and

"The findings in this study are subject to at least six limitations. First, the risk estimates from this study reflect the risk for myocarditis among persons who received a diagnosis of COVID-19 during an outpatient or inpatient health care encounter and do not reflect the risk among all persons who had COVID-19. Second, misclassification of COVID-19 and myocarditis is possible because conditions were determined by ICD-10-CM codes, which were not confirmed by clinical data (e.g., laboratory tests or cardiac imaging) and could be improperly coded or coded with a related condition (e.g., pericarditis). Third, encounters for COVID-19, myocarditis, and COVID-19 vaccination occurring outside of hospital systems that contribute to PHD-SR are not included within this data set. Fourth, underlying medical conditions and alternative etiologies for myocarditis (e.g., autoimmune disease) were not ascertained or excluded. Fifth, the obtained measures of association could be biased because of the choice of the comparison group (all patients without COVID-19) and if physicians were more likely to suspect or diagnose myocarditis among patients with COVID-19. Finally, the findings represent a convenience sample of patients from hospitals reporting to PHD-SR and might not be generalizable to the U.S. population. "

Additionally, re: your number on the chance that you can develop the condition from the vaccine is based on the numbers from the VAERS database. Are you aware of how the reporting works on there? I don't think you want to use those numbers to make your case.

Not tryna convince this guy, but rather speaking for the long haul covid survivors and casualties.

Not even going to watch those videos but will say that after catching the Delta, 4 months out I've got the breathing capacity of a life long cigarette smoker. Started testing recently and need to work with a pulmonolgist and get CT scans. I'm not a world class athlete, but I've been practicing intentional breathing for 10+ years as a yoga and meditation practitioner, runner, biker, and hiker. It's the middle of the day, I'm on break, drove to Costco, ate a burrito and by the time I got home, I needed to take a hit off the albuterol inhaler. Hopefully I can get some good care down the bay or something like that

Regarding death by suicide, I don't know that there are statistics, but 3 people in the small community I live in have died by suicide due, not to vaccines, but long haul covid effects. 3 friends of friends in a very, very small community.

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Cherish your lungs, homies.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #832 on: November 16, 2021, 05:53:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

and

i'm not saying it's these dudes own fault, but when i got my shot, the doc said no sports for a few days, since that might be a reason for people developing myocarditis. knowing what i read on here on how others went about it, most got the shot and when they felt it wouldn't put them down for a day or two just continued doing excercise and whatever. especially the people who are into training were all like "yeah they said no sports, but i have to excercise, bro."

lots of people that got a shot on here went skating the same day, one of my coworkers probably got smashed for three days after his jab to clear the headache.

you don't know how well they followed their doctors advise. a lot of very fit people think they are invincible. generally if you are a high performance athlete your heart is trained to basically work best under duress, you can overtrain your heart to the point where your normal heartrate might get too low to pump enough blood into your system. those inflammatory diseases of the heart are pretty common for soccer players and others. just because someone is into sports or able to bring exceptional stuff to the table in terms of records doesn't mean they are overall healthy.

so to say look, these athletes, who are in top shape got myocarditis and so on from getting the vaccine, doesn't cut it.

my anecdotal evidence is that besides two people everyone in my circle of friends, acquaintances or coworkers is vaccinated, and i'd guess most of them got one of the mrna vaccines. just my sample there was literally no one, not a single person that had sketchy side effects. the sample is probably around a hundred people i'd say. so i basically know no one in person that had really bad side effects aside from sore arm, headache for a day or two, feeling hungover for a day or two. literally not a single one had something worse to tell. i'm not ruling it out, after all the docs warned about it.

these athletes aren't doctors after all, and history shown us time and time again that their docs can also be literally insane or predatory. so to assume just because they are physically strong they can't get sick is straight up idiotic. they are constantly operating on the edge. if you'd know people that do extreme shit like ultrarunning or any time of hypercompetitive dude you know they tend to get mad sick after periods of excessive training and competing. because that shit crushes your system.

Loki700

« Reply #833 on: November 16, 2021, 06:17:46 PM »

I don’t have Instagram, and even then, I’m not going to shit on someone who is hurting right now.  It sucks he’s a professional athlete and that it cut into his life more than it would other peoples’, but long term he’s going to be fine.  That is what I meant by life altering, none of this will stick with him for life.

Did you miss the part where he says he's suicidal as a result of what's happened to him post vaccination and that six friends of his in a vaccine injury group have all committed suicide?
He said he’s suicidal because of the cyber bullying, not the effects of the vaccination.  People giving him shit relentlessly is wrong, I don’t think any of us would try to justify that.

and

You know you can quote multiple posts in one post, right?

You’re either being disingenuous or you’re not very bright.  Much like your account, their account was made today.  They are clearly too afraid of what others will think to post on their normal slap account, which shows a lack of faith in what they said.  They just wanted to stir the pot.

They’re not wrong in the study, and the 0.003% figure actually comes from independent research, but you can continue to show how you don’t know what you’re taking about if you really want.

What happened to Kyle sucks, but it’s not lasting and is extremely rare.  Him saying that there should be transparency and such doesn’t make sense though.  They were transparent that you could have a severe reaction, they said that people had severe reactions.  He still chose to take it so he could travel internationally.  That’s also avoiding that he could have, and probably would have, far worse and actually lasting conditions had he contracted the actual virus.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #834 on: November 16, 2021, 07:05:58 PM »
Frank and @Loki700 wish I could gnar you pals twice!

In regards to these burner accounts popping to spew shit, stop. Y’all are clearly members of this community or long time lurkers that lack the moral courage or fortitude to stand by your convictions. All y’all have shown is how shallow your gene pool is, and by not taking the vaccine you are potentially removing yourself from it.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #835 on: November 16, 2021, 07:34:36 PM »
Expand Quote
i'm not saying it's these dudes own fault, but when i got my shot, the doc said no sports for a few days, since that might be a reason for people developing myocarditis. knowing what i read on here on how others went about it, most got the shot and when they felt it wouldn't put them down for a day or two just continued doing excercise and whatever. especially the people who are into training were all like "yeah they said no sports, but i have to excercise, bro."

lots of people that got a shot on here went skating the same day, one of my coworkers probably got smashed for three days after his jab to clear the headache.

you don't know how well they followed their doctors advise. a lot of very fit people think they are invincible. generally if you are a high performance athlete your heart is trained to basically work best under duress, you can overtrain your heart to the point where your normal heartrate might get too low to pump enough blood into your system. those inflammatory diseases of the heart are pretty common for soccer players and others. just because someone is into sports or able to bring exceptional stuff to the table in terms of records doesn't mean they are overall healthy.

so to say look, these athletes, who are in top shape got myocarditis and so on from getting the vaccine, doesn't cut it.

my anecdotal evidence is that besides two people everyone in my circle of friends, acquaintances or coworkers is vaccinated, and i'd guess most of them got one of the mrna vaccines. just my sample there was literally no one, not a single person that had sketchy side effects. the sample is probably around a hundred people i'd say. so i basically know no one in person that had really bad side effects aside from sore arm, headache for a day or two, feeling hungover for a day or two. literally not a single one had something worse to tell. i'm not ruling it out, after all the docs warned about it.

these athletes aren't doctors after all, and history shown us time and time again that their docs can also be literally insane or predatory. so to assume just because they are physically strong they can't get sick is straight up idiotic. they are constantly operating on the edge. if you'd know people that do extreme shit like ultrarunning or any time of hypercompetitive dude you know they tend to get mad sick after periods of excessive training and competing. because that shit crushes your system.
[close]

Is English your second langauge? This post is full of weird assumptions. Who said anything about physically strong people not getting sick? Cool that you know ultrarunners though.

yes, english is my second language, you asshat. you had to make another account just to ask that stupid question? i'm high as fuck too, i didn't care to sound elaborate. what i wrote is still true tho.

the poster i replied to came up with these examples, like the one of the diver who got myocarditis, even though that guy can hold his breath for ten minutes, making it sound superdramatic that of all people this superhuman had to suffer sideeffects. my reply basically said it's wrong to assume people like him can't get the side effects and to use them as examples how dangerous the vaccine could be is misleading imo.

i'm sure you still didn't get the point. 

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #836 on: November 16, 2021, 07:58:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I got it! No booster yet but so far I've yet to get covid.
Glad it's been working for ya. I caught it a couple of months ago but my symptoms were mellow compared to some of the stories I've heard, made me appreciate getting any vax to begin with.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #837 on: November 16, 2021, 08:09:43 PM »
Wtf, this mountain biker guy needs to get of social media and get into some serious therapy pronto, holy shit. Pretty obvious he has some major underlying psychological problems.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Is English your second langauge? This post is full of weird assumptions. Who said anything about physically strong people not getting sick? Cool that you know ultrarunners though.
[close]

yes, english is my second language, you asshat. you had to make another account just to ask that stupid question? i'm high as fuck too, i didn't care to sound elaborate. what i wrote is still true tho.

the poster i replied to came up with these examples, like the one of the diver who got myocarditis, even though that guy can hold his breath for ten minutes, making it sound superdramatic that of all people this superhuman had to suffer sideeffects. my reply basically said it's wrong to assume people like him can't get the side effects and to use them as examples how dangerous the vaccine could be is misleading imo.

Your English is great, Frank, and you made a lot of sense.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Loki700

« Reply #838 on: November 16, 2021, 08:46:28 PM »
Wtf, this mountain biker guy needs to get of social media and get into some serious therapy pronto, holy shit. Pretty obvious he has some major underlying psychological problems.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Agreed, both on the guy needing serious psychological help (said as someone receiving said help) and Frank writing English well. I was actually unaware English wasn’t his first language.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #839 on: November 17, 2021, 04:46:25 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Agreed, both on the guy needing serious psychological help (said as someone receiving said help) and Frank writing English well. I was actually unaware English wasn’t his first language.

haha, i can totally see what the dude means to be fair. i guess i try to sound native i guess but sometimes i think to myself "damn, only someone with english as a second language would write it like that lol". i should also probably have said "eloquently" instead of "elaborate"... anyways.

just found out germany has a pretty low vaccination rate compared to the rest of europe, around 65% and we are in the midst of a fourth wave rn and it's worse than it has ever been, but they're not closing shit down anymore. from saturday on the service industry is open for vaccinated people only. so unvaxxed people can only go grocery shopping now. kind of harsh, but i can see how they try to pressure the rest into getting vaccinated. all the eu countries with higher vaccination rates are doing much better.