Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58700 times)

S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
    • Fotos avatar image
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #1020 on: January 02, 2022, 02:41:26 AM »
i try to wash my masks. not sure if that actually helps but i can't afford to buy ten masks each week. i try to cop them at work for a five finger discount.

You can microwave them or put them in the oven to disenfect them.

I am a teacher and I have a lot of contact with different people. I wear a regular face mask, you know the one that medical staff uses. I have tried to wear ffp 2 masks, but it becomes difficult to make myself understood. It is pretty important for us that the class can understand what we are saying. I try to open the windows regularly and we test all the students three times a week. I could probably be better with opening windows and telling students to keep a distance, but I honestly try my best. Kids at a certain age are like young dogs, you‘d have to literally tie them down to get them to keep a distance.

dofrenzy

« Reply #1021 on: January 02, 2022, 06:38:16 AM »
An obese conspiracy theorist at work believes that her vaccine caused weight gain.

LOL!  Fucking love this!

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1022 on: January 02, 2022, 09:17:32 AM »
An obese conspiracy theorist at work believes that her vaccine caused weight gain.
My vaccine caused me to be swole like The Rock and have a giant pecker. Def recommend it (Pfizer)

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1023 on: January 03, 2022, 08:30:58 AM »
It's like the kid at daycare who refuses to wear pants because he doesn't like them and starts screaming and throwing toys when you point out he's rubbing his shitty little ass all over the toolbox and giving all the other kids pink eye.

Oddly specific
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Fhk

« Reply #1024 on: January 06, 2022, 05:07:32 AM »
So billions of shots given, lockdowns, pandemic of the unvaccinated, unpersoning of others, mass hatred, anger, fear, titanic profit, omicron, boosters skirted, pandemic of the vaccinated, record cases, fewer deaths, and where we at?  Pandemic over yet? Or does that happen when everyone gets a mild super infectious variant like omi, achieves proper natural immunity, realizes it's endemic now and that it's okay to exist on the far side fear.

Vaccines did well to prevent severe illness (probably) but the only thing that's going to end the pandemic is covid going through the natural evolution of becoming more infectious less pathogenic (which optimizes it's own survival).  Treatments being allowed to exist (japan/ivemectin=covid nonissue).  And people being over it. 

I cannot wait to hear the arguments against this!

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1025 on: January 06, 2022, 05:11:46 AM »
So billions of shots given, lockdowns, pandemic of the unvaccinated, unpersoning of others, mass hatred, anger, fear, titanic profit, omicron, boosters skirted, pandemic of the vaccinated, record cases, fewer deaths, and where we at?  Pandemic over yet? Or does that happen when everyone gets a mild super infectious variant like omi, achieves proper natural immunity, realizes it's endemic now and that it's okay to exist on the far side fear.

Vaccines did well to prevent severe illness (probably) but the only thing that's going to end the pandemic is covid going through the natural evolution of becoming more infectious less pathogenic (which optimizes it's own survival).  Treatments being allowed to exist (japan/ivemectin=covid nonissue).  And people being over it. 

Japan or anywhere else / ivermectin => nope
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/12/21/national/ivermectin-japan-covid19-little-evidence/

What's your point ?
An obvious summary with a tiny doubt about what vaccines do ? like preventing millions of deaths and global scale disorganization as a consequence to overloaded medical services
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 05:51:33 AM by BALARGUE »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1026 on: January 06, 2022, 05:45:58 AM »
i'm pretty sure people use something for what it actually does, not for what it doesn't do (especially not for what it's not meant to do, like the majority of your list)

Sorry, english not my native language, correcting bad faith takes too much time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandolini%27s_law
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 05:54:07 AM by BALARGUE »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1027 on: January 06, 2022, 07:14:41 AM »
or they use it because they feel like it's their duty to protect the weaks (that's what people do in a society).
People dying from COVID is not the main concern though.
it's more about overloaded medical services, you guys always forget about it.
To make it simple, you, crashing your car and needing immediate care, could just die because unvaxxed people take all the beds.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, an "acceptable" number of deaths because of covid has been set.
We can't save everyone. We're just trying to avoid the collapse of the health system.
Otherwise, more people would die of COVID, more people would die from cancer, car crashes, anything, etc. People we could keep alive without COVID saturating beds.
Elderly, overweight people, comordid have a higher risk of dying from COVID
But if we let things escalate, everyone is at a higher risk of dying

You're not more aware, you're more selfish.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 08:29:20 AM by BALARGUE »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1028 on: January 06, 2022, 09:40:36 AM »
Just got boosted up and doing my 15 minute observation. Glad it's over with. Until the next booster anyway.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #1029 on: January 06, 2022, 10:11:14 AM »
i think its rad that a new user shows up with more or less the same goofy anti-vaccine talking points every couple weeks and then gets mobbed by a bunch of normal people who point out the extremely obvious counterpoints

it sucks because the wealth-transfer and fear-mongering are real, but that doesn't mean that masks don't help keep your germs to yourself (they do, and that's why your dentist wears one when they poke around in your mouth).

it also doesn't mean that the vaccines aren't doing something useful (remember covid is related to various cold viruses, and note that we don't have great vaccines for them either. the flu shot is a good comparison in that it clearly does something but it isn't a magic bullet. everybody hates the flu shot because it is kinda crappy but it still helps prevent killing a few thousand old people every winter)

so yeah man it'd be chill if people got shots and wore masks just so that if one of us breaks our arm skateboarding we don't get turned away at the hospital because it's full of people hacking up a lung with covid

and as for ivermectin or whatever... that shit is so politicized we'll never get good research on it. i know it's become a right vs left culture war issue but i don't care. here's my take: it doesn't matter anymore at this point because we have a bunch of fancy new pills and infusions that people can get when they're really sick. is it a massive handout for big pharma? yes, absolutely. but it's what we get here in our bullshit global capitalist system, and it'll still work for making sure not as many people completely eat shit when they're sick anymore. whether it's because of the horse paste or the steroids or the malaria drugs or whatever the fuck, who cares.

wearing a mask or getting a shot isn't gonna turn you into a pumpkin, it's really not that big of a deal. just hang in there for a little while longer until we all get omicron. and hope you don't get "long covid" of course. not as common as it used to be, so thats good.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Omicron vibes
« Reply #1030 on: January 06, 2022, 12:43:24 PM »
So, for XMas this year, I got the Omicronz. Well... technically I think I got the germs on Dec. 23rd at my work XMas party - talking to these girls from the back that I never deal with ever. (it'll make sense soon) XMas eve, I kinda felt like I was randomly getting a fever, then 100% fine on XMas day. On the 26th, I cleaned/re-assembled my dryer vents. Did that, then walked upstairs, this weird headache nailed me when I got up the stairs. I got a fever within 5 minutes and was like "fuck this" - took some NyQuil and went to sleep it off. Headache was shitty so I didn't put on a show or anything, just slept. I basically slept for 5 days straight and sweat like a pig. I had a headache, fever, chills and leg/back aches the whole time. Pain in the hips was annoying af. Didn't check my phone as I was basically asleep for 5 days. Turns out, these girls in the back all Omicronz'ed the heck out of my work. Not sure which one brought it in (doesn't really matter) but half the company got it, fast. So, I feel okay but still exhausted and my legs get tired so fast its ridiculous. still dehydrated even though i've been drinking mad water. I lost 10 lbs. which has become my cheat sheet for wanting to lose 20, so I'm on this strictly veggie diet, especially because I can't taste a damn thing. Fever really wasn't that bad, but I was exhausted and still am. Its mostly like I am the most tired I've ever been without doing something. And I've got that "brain fog" and forgetting easy stuff. I currently know 7 people with it - they are all double vaxxed, and pissed that they got it. I was supposed to be going on a mini skate trip, but I can't even walk through my house without needing a nap - so not even happening.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
Re: Omicron vibes
« Reply #1031 on: January 06, 2022, 12:50:03 PM »
Damn, the season of giving gone wrong. Make sure to take it easy and get well soon!

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #1032 on: January 06, 2022, 02:44:19 PM »
So, for XMas this year, I got the Omicronz. Well... technically I think I got the germs on Dec. 23rd at my work XMas party - talking to these girls from the back that I never deal with ever. (it'll make sense soon) XMas eve, I kinda felt like I was randomly getting a fever, then 100% fine on XMas day. On the 26th, I cleaned/re-assembled my dryer vents. Did that, then walked upstairs, this weird headache nailed me when I got up the stairs. I got a fever within 5 minutes and was like "fuck this" - took some NyQuil and went to sleep it off. Headache was shitty so I didn't put on a show or anything, just slept. I basically slept for 5 days straight and sweat like a pig. I had a headache, fever, chills and leg/back aches the whole time. Pain in the hips was annoying af. Didn't check my phone as I was basically asleep for 5 days. Turns out, these girls in the back all Omicronz'ed the heck out of my work. Not sure which one brought it in (doesn't really matter) but half the company got it, fast. So, I feel okay but still exhausted and my legs get tired so fast its ridiculous. still dehydrated even though i've been drinking mad water. I lost 10 lbs. which has become my cheat sheet for wanting to lose 20, so I'm on this strictly veggie diet, especially because I can't taste a damn thing. Fever really wasn't that bad, but I was exhausted and still am. Its mostly like I am the most tired I've ever been without doing something. And I've got that "brain fog" and forgetting easy stuff. I currently know 7 people with it - they are all double vaxxed, and pissed that they got it. I was supposed to be going on a mini skate trip, but I can't even walk through my house without needing a nap - so not even happening.

Damn. Take the time to recover! I hope you get well soon!

I will probably get it too since I work at a school. I am vaxxed with three shots, but it seems that doesn‘t help necessarily with not getting it.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1033 on: January 06, 2022, 02:57:01 PM »
I’m sorry @ok boomer, that sounds awful… I hope you feel better soon.  Do you feel like you’re on the downhill side of this thing?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Fhk

« Reply #1034 on: January 06, 2022, 04:29:22 PM »
@ok boomer man this was painful to read. I know that Christmas means a lot to you and your boy. I hope you get back to 100% soon, and can chalk this up to a "your never gonna believe this one Christmas I had" story. Take care brotha!   

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1424
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1035 on: January 06, 2022, 04:53:28 PM »

yo dude. be kind to yourself. for me and my girl, who got smacked with the Delta back in august, man, we were fucked up for a minute. I'm not saying this to doom and gloom, but to acknowledge that recovery can be a bitch for some of us and it is what it is.

TBF, it took me a few months to feel good again. Brain fog lasted a minute- order lions mane and reishi powder right here https://www.iherb.com/c/fungi-perfecti?rank=0 if you wanna try to get that memory working again.

water. anti inflammatory foods. (fuuuuck rn I can't even remember the name of the supplements I've been taking since august) Vitamin D 1x/week, Vitamin C & Zinc daily.

hmu anytime
Support your local skate shop

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1036 on: January 06, 2022, 05:03:16 PM »
yeah, Omicron is not sounding as 'mild' as people originally hoped it would be..

its been ripping through my work also. i run a couple of youth housing programs that require 24/7 staffing and its been an absolute nightmare with staff and clients dropping like flies. I've been working like a dog keeping things going while I remain healthy. At first i was hoping i would get sick, so i could put my damn phone down and have my boss deal with it all but he's also sick and this variant doesn't sound like much fun, so i'm boosting with Vit C, D, Elderberry and so on...

Side note, I finally got my moderna booster on Tuesday. It fucked me up for 24 hours but feeling good today.

Anyway, heal up @ok boomer and stay well Pals. I need to go skateboarding or surfing ASAfuckingP.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1037 on: January 06, 2022, 05:42:28 PM »
yeah, Omicron is not sounding as 'mild' as people originally hoped it would be..

its been ripping through my work also. i run a couple of youth housing programs that require 24/7 staffing and its been an absolute nightmare with staff and clients dropping like flies. I've been working like a dog keeping things going while I remain healthy. At first i was hoping i would get sick, so i could put my damn phone down and have my boss deal with it all but he's also sick and this variant doesn't sound like much fun, so i'm boosting with Vit C, D, Elderberry and so on...

Side note, I finally got my moderna booster on Tuesday. It fucked me up for 24 hours but feeling good today.

Anyway, heal up @ok boomer and stay well Pals. I need to go skateboarding or surfing ASAfuckingP.

winter break ended for the school I work in. I went back Wednesday and it's a ghost town. kids are staying home because families are fearful. most of our support staff is out. I was in a classroom the other day and 3 kids were pulled for family members having + tests at home. I had been hesitating on a booster due to having gotten sick already a few months ago, but after day 1 back, I hopped on that shit and got pricked today.

On top of your regimen of vitamins and elderberry, this shit called herbal resistance, by source naturals is the shit (Echinacea, Coptis & Yin Chiao, Alcohol Free,) https://www.iherb.com/pr/source-naturals-wellness-herbal-resistance-liquid-with-echinacea-coptis-yin-chiao-alcohol-free-4-fl-oz-118-28-ml/1496

ra the weak man

• Rep: -51
« Reply #1038 on: January 06, 2022, 06:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote
i try to wash my masks. not sure if that actually helps but i can't afford to buy ten masks each week. i try to cop them at work for a five finger discount.
[close]

You can microwave them or put them in the oven to disenfect them.

I am a teacher and I have a lot of contact with different people. I wear a regular face mask, you know the one that medical staff uses. I have tried to wear ffp 2 masks, but it becomes difficult to make myself understood. It is pretty important for us that the class can understand what we are saying. I try to open the windows regularly and we test all the students three times a week. I could probably be better with opening windows and telling students to keep a distance, but I honestly try my best. Kids at a certain age are like young dogs, you‘d have to literally tie them down to get them to keep a distance.
hey teacher! leave them kids alone!

ra the weak man

• Rep: -51
« Reply #1039 on: January 06, 2022, 06:52:53 PM »
so all you sickos, does your pcr test tell you omicron, delta burke, etc? or are you just ascribing the strain you heard on the news corresponding to when you caught ill? cause the test doesn't differentiate.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1040 on: January 06, 2022, 09:23:45 PM »
Got exposed yesterday! Let's fucking go!
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
« Reply #1041 on: January 06, 2022, 10:55:19 PM »
Was chatting with a security guard today and he was telling me how short staffed they were…..why?  No one wanted to get vaccinated……sounds about right….

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1042 on: January 07, 2022, 01:45:50 AM »
so all you sickos, does your pcr test tell you omicron, delta burke, etc? or are you just ascribing the strain you heard on the news corresponding to when you caught ill? cause the test doesn't differentiate.
PCR was positive, they apparently then sent it for screening and I got a second email confirming omicron.

Fhk

« Reply #1043 on: January 07, 2022, 03:43:39 AM »

Fucking politicians.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #1044 on: January 07, 2022, 05:28:37 PM »
Officially exposed Tuesday, still going to work. My kid’s class was all sent home to quarantine due to exposure in class. Wife has had 3 exposure notices from work. Cal OSHA declared my worksite as having an “outbreak.”

Good times, go to work.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1045 on: January 07, 2022, 05:41:39 PM »
Got the boost the other day. Was KO’d for about 36 hours, but felt fine after the first two doses. Guess I was due.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1046 on: January 07, 2022, 06:37:30 PM »
Got the boost the other day. Was KO’d for about 36 hours, but felt fine after the first two doses. Guess I was due.

Got me on my ass right now. Tbh, it feels like a mild version of the last days of having delta. All the doses messed me up though.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1047 on: January 07, 2022, 07:21:43 PM »
I have waves of feeling OK. Then waves of 0 % energy. And then brain fog. My legs lose energy but nothing else. But so lethargic I need naps. But forgetting simples stuff is annoying. I'm on day 8 of it being "over". Probably going to sleep all day tomorrow (wife going to be mad about that but she is not understanding the lack of energy). I feel 50 or 60% today. Yesterday when I mentioned it, I felt like 10%. I heard anywhere from 2-10 weeks of this tired shit. Also read that brain fog can last up to 4-6 months? Hope that's wrong. I'm taking vitamin C and D, zinc, even colloidal silver. Want to skate real bad but can't even walk good. Weird how it's seemed to go after my legs? I think

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1048 on: January 07, 2022, 09:33:24 PM »
Funny you mention your legs being weak. Dude who owns my local skate shop said his legs were cramping like crazy for a couple of days after his pfizer booster.

Im back to normal after my booster but being on call at work has been insane. I've basically worked all waking hours since last Friday. People calling out all day everyday. I get rid of the on call phone on Monday and I'm taking a few days off next week whether anyone is OK with it or not. Shit is popping off...

Grampa

• Rep: 150
« Reply #1049 on: January 08, 2022, 09:30:56 AM »
Been insanely sick for 12 days. Today is my first day of feeling like I’m recovering. Took a rapid test and PCR the first day I felt sick and both came back negative. Continued to get worse and worse to the point I was bedridden. Felt like I was drowning when I tried to sleep. Ended up getting bronchitis. Felt like I was going to die at times. Maybe bad flu? I’ve been reading that nasal swabs aren’t catching omicron as well as a throat swab, so maybe that’s what happened. Who knows. Girlfriend never caught it, so that’s good at least.

I tried to return to work Thursday because I felt “better”, but my boss sent me home after an hour. In that hour I was there 12 people called out with positive covid cases. It’s everywhere.