Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118376 times)

Andmoreagain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2021, 03:07:40 PM »
Tom Brady looks better in a Tampa Bay uniform.
no fuck u

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2021, 06:27:50 PM »
skating with your shirt off is wack. especially if you are ripped. Keep that shit in the gym, jock.

Try to stay fit and healthy when you get older, but If you care about muscels you're just insecure about yourself.

We found Jeremy Klein.

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2021, 06:41:34 PM »
I dont like him but i am kinda jealous of nigel

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2021, 06:56:27 PM »
Ace's don't look good.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2021, 08:34:04 PM »
skating with your shirt off is wack. especially if you are ripped. Keep that shit in the gym, jock.

Try to stay fit and healthy when you get older, but If you care about muscels you're just insecure about yourself.

Why are you so upset about people being muscular?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2021, 09:09:32 PM »
I think ripped blokes and girls look good, it’s your fucking body man there’s nothing at all wrong with looking after it
listen to cosmic psychos

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2021, 10:51:27 PM »
Wow, seems like I really have an unpopular opinion with this. Didn't know that.

I think it is fine if you take your shirt off in the summer, when it is really hot out and you're sweaty. But I got the impresion that a lot of skaters take the shirt off the minute they step on their skateboard and to me that seems jockish.

Maybe there are so many fat people around that you want to show off, when you're athletic but this body cult thing is annyoing.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2021, 11:46:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
obsessing over nike sb colorways and collecting them for any reason other than monetary gain is corny as fuck. it's the fashion/skateboarding equivalent of people mindlessly buying and fawning over apple products. i'm baffled as to how uncritical nike sb fanpeops can be. simple navy blazer--->omg, what a fantastic design; totally fucked dunks with furry upper--->damn, so creative and brave to put this out

give me a fucking break. ngl, their shoes are good for skating, but this is a big corpo that completely has you guys in its grips to the point you'll take part in lotteries or stupid social media actions just to have the chance of purchasing a pair. it's pretty fucked.

if you hustle your way up by playing idiots on stockx that have too much money, more power to you though. the only legit reason to spend this much effort to keep up with this brand is to make money off.

sneaker culture as a whole is a joke to me anyways, and i love shoes. one of the very few subcultures if you will where people are proud of themselves for spending obscene amounts of money on cheap mass produced bullshit made by megacorp x that's sold at a premium because of fake scarcity and bullshit marketing buzzwords like "story" and "heritage" and shit like that.
[close]

the thing is dunks have always appealed to the hypebeast/shoe collector market, but for the most part it was always balanced in the sense the collectors would go after the quickstrike/limited release stuff ie the red cement dunks in 2012, and the gr's would be picked up by skaters or end up on a sale rack. now with that travis scott fucking collab shit drawing more attention to them and younger kids imitating whatever they see on IG, basically any dunk regardless of what it is will fucking sell out. it's funny going on stockx and looking at pairs of admittedly awful colourway dunks i skated in the past that are now going for $$$.

then you get nike sb tweeting out bullshit like this as if they're not complacent.

[close]

during my last shop tenure there were still regular dunk releases along quick strikes and you wouldn't get rid of either. regulars were mostly sitting around until there was a sale and quickstrikes would be sent back if the hype was fake because nike usually tried to allocate them somewhere else were demand was actually there so as not to force shops to discount them. it still happened so often that they pretty much stopped making them until the resurgence. but even back then there were hardly any releases in more or less normal colorways. qs were already made of mostly unskatable materials and looking ridiculuos. the only q-strikes we got rid off without problems were of course the tiffany rerelease and the jordan1 sb models.
[close]
you got a link to that shop? ill buy all the dunks the locals are too cool to buy and make some quick n easy bread

free max b

those shoes are long gone. that was around 2014-2015, and those shoes would be sold off to other shops without an sb account without nikes knowledge after like 3-4 months or staff would buy em to flip em at some point. the shop doesn't have a sb account anymore nowadays.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2021, 12:48:06 AM »
Here are some of mine:

Thunders look like cheap knockoff trucks you'd find on a generic version of Tech Decks. They look weird to me. I've held this opinion for years though haha

Etnies has been the best of the three SoleTech brands since 2013 and is far more consistent in design/quality than Emerica and eS.

The "inclusion" boom of 2019/2020 in skateboarding has intentionally/unintentionally unearthed many of the ugly truths about the skateboard Industry that many people were not ready for, as it happened so quickly. (Maybe this isn't unpopular but idk)

SoCal footage isn't as boring/bland as some people argue. The skater doing predictable skating in said spots is what makes it bland.

Dwindle brands are doing better with skaters than much of Slap wants to acknowledge since they're a few notches below Braille/Remvive of kookiness in skateboarding.
Super Champion Fun Zone

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2021, 06:34:39 AM »
Here are some of mine:

Thunders look like cheap knockoff trucks you'd find on a generic version of Tech Decks. They look weird to me. I've held this opinion for years though haha

Etnies has been the best of the three SoleTech brands since 2013 and is far more consistent in design/quality than Emerica and eS.

The "inclusion" boom of 2019/2020 in skateboarding has intentionally/unintentionally unearthed many of the ugly truths about the skateboard Industry that many people were not ready for, as it happened so quickly. (Maybe this isn't unpopular but idk)

SoCal footage isn't as boring/bland as some people argue. The skater doing predictable skating in said spots is what makes it bland.

Dwindle brands are doing better with skaters than much of Slap wants to acknowledge since they're a few notches below Braille/Remvive of kookiness in skateboarding.

Yeah dwindle are doing really well and have some great brands. This kip is no meter for people who actually just skate. There's a big difference.

"
The "inclusion" boom of 2019/2020 in skateboarding has intentionally/unintentionally unearthed many of the ugly truths about the skateboard Industry that many people were not ready for, as it happened so quickly. (Maybe this isn't unpopular but idk)"

Interesting. How so ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2021, 11:02:32 AM »
Clint Eastwood sucks. He's built this reputation as some sort of tough guy but he's a pampered Hollywood crybaby always bitching about whatever Republicans bitch about. He was pretty good in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly but after that he's always played the same role but with slight permutations over and over again where all he does is squint and mumble. Now we have to see his shriveled up face continue to try to be the eternal tough guy only now he's no longer a pretty boy. Fuck Clint Eastwood.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2021, 12:31:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Here are some of mine:

[close]

Yeah dwindle are doing really well and have some great brands. This kip is no meter for people who actually just skate. There's a big difference.

"
The "inclusion" boom of 2019/2020 in skateboarding has intentionally/unintentionally unearthed many of the ugly truths about the skateboard Industry that many people were not ready for, as it happened so quickly. (Maybe this isn't unpopular but idk)"

Interesting. How so ?

Not OP but the BLM movement along with the mini #metoo wave that happened in skateboarding made it clear that a lot of skaters aren't ready for these conversations, and the whole idea of skateboarding being so inclusive is largely superficial. I do agree that skateboarding is more progressive than some other cultures, but I think a lot of people think they're not prejudiced simply because they (not out of choice) share an activity and space with people of minority groups. People think they're fine because they won't spit on a trans person if they turn up at the skatepark, but a lot of them aren't willing to take their "inclusivity" any further than that.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2021, 01:37:27 PM »
Ace's don't look good.
Not an opinion. This is hard fact.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2021, 01:40:05 PM »
Unpopular Opinion: Transition skating looks way cooler with pads than without.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2021, 01:44:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Ace's don't look good.
[close]

just curious what you guys think is a good looking truck. personally i like how aces look, but i ride ventures, who are admittedly pretty ugly. i mean i like em, but objectively they look terrible from the front. thunders to me look like cheapo trucks, there is nothing that makes it so you could tell from the silhouette they are what they are.

i could see people dislike aces cause they look mad skinny.

those wide ass indys (215) have the best looking hanger imo. since i saw how danny dicola makes them smaller i kind of want to have a pair in 8.25.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2021, 02:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ace's don't look good.
[close]
[close]

just curious what you guys think is a good looking truck. personally i like how aces look, but i ride ventures, who are admittedly pretty ugly. i mean i like em, but objectively they look terrible from the front. thunders to me look like cheapo trucks, there is nothing that makes it so you could tell from the silhouette they are what they are.

those wide ass indys (215) have the best looking hanger imo. since i saw how danny dicola makes them smaller i kind of want to have a pair in 8.25.

Aces, at least to me, look very primitive and crude...like World War 1 / quasi steam-punk technology. Normally that would be something I’d probably like, but something about them is just...unsettling. I agree that Thunders look a tad-bit toy store-ish, but I don’t feel as strongly about that as others do. Overall, I think Thunders are a decent looking truck. Indys, however, always are the standard that everything else gets compared to—and there is a reason for that. 

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2021, 02:31:25 PM »
Due to riding Blind reissues I’ve found they make good boards

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2021, 02:33:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ace's don't look good.
[close]
[close]

[close]

Aces, at least to me, look very primitive and crude...like World War 1 / quasi steam-punk technology. Normally that would be something I’d probably like, but something about them is just...unsettling. I agree that Thunders look a tad-bit toy store-ish, but I don’t feel as strongly about that as others do. Overall, I think Thunders are a decent looking truck. Indys, however, always are the standard that everything else gets compared to—and there is a reason for that.

Hell no, ace look real decent! Venture too. Those are the two best looking trucks, currently. Old ventures with Phil Shao on board, best looking ever.
Ace looking primitive is part of the appeal.
Thunders do look toy, work well tho.

Indy (which to me has slight skate maga vibes) fan named sedition? Heh, you don’t say.
Jokes

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2021, 02:48:07 PM »
^ lol. Aces look like someone cross-pollinated G&S trucks with older Indys.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2021, 04:03:10 PM »
^ lol. Aces look like someone cross-pollinated G&S trucks with older Indys.

Kinda true

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2021, 05:55:50 PM »
Backside hurricanes are an awful looking trick. I'm sure there's some decent looking ones out there but most of the time they look like off-center boardslides.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2021, 04:46:47 PM »
I don't like sour skateboards mainly because it's a parody brand. The team is amazing but I'd wish they would skate more somewhere else than Spain.

Anything youtube is extremely corny except Send Saturdays.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2021, 04:55:30 PM »
I don't like sour skateboards mainly because it's a parody brand. The team is amazing but I'd wish they would skate more somewhere else than Spain.

it's not a parody brand. they did this because junkyard (distro) made tons of money and didn't do shit for the team while raking in big money. so they did their own counterbrand collectively and named it sour as a jab at those guys.

interview about it here:

https://kingpinmag.com/longform/sweets-gone-sour

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2021, 04:56:20 PM »
Their graphics are terrible, though.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2021, 04:58:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

it's not a parody brand. they did this because junkyard (distro) made tons of money and didn't do shit for the team while raking in big money. so they did their own counterbrand collectively and named it sour as a jab at those guys.

interview about it here:

Yeah like vision vs. Blind?

They copy just about every trendy company there is and also their wood sucks

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2021, 05:02:49 PM »
Ben Raybourn thread should not be deleted.
9/11 was a national tragedy

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2021, 05:08:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

interview about it here:

[close]

Yeah like vision vs. Blind?

They copy just about every trendy company there is and also their wood sucks

pretty much like vision vs blind, yes.

fair enough on those other points. i have heard the wood is better now, but can't confirm.

Brguy

« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2021, 08:38:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Here are some of mine:

[close]

"

Interesting. How so ?
[close]

Not OP but the BLM movement along with the mini #metoo wave that happened in skateboarding made it clear that a lot of skaters aren't ready for these conversations, and the whole idea of skateboarding being so inclusive is largely superficial. I do agree that skateboarding is more progressive than some other cultures, but I think a lot of people think they're not prejudiced simply because they (not out of choice) share an activity and space with people of minority groups. People think they're fine because they won't spit on a trans person if they turn up at the skatepark, but a lot of them aren't willing to take their "inclusivity" any further than that.
Skateboarding is the most inclusive thing in the sense that tons of weirdos and freaks gravitate towards it, not because it has open arms to minorities.

backagain420

« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2021, 01:35:43 AM »
Dime is contrived like a half funny joke that a 11 y-o would shout before looking around if anybody's laughing along. Alltimers is that kid selling mp3's of that same joke on blank cd's bought with christmas money.

Entitlement is to skateboarders what cocaine is to glam rock, never enough ::). If I want to see someone's footage, its their call. I'll be there to watch it when they choose to put something out. Same for board shapes or shoe silos.

Super 8 fillers are NOT what will make an edit special or memorable (but a few have truly mastered its secrets tbh).
THIS

Backfootnofoot

• Rep: 15
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2021, 02:29:58 AM »
American cheese is the face american cheeses.
But cheddar is actually the most American cheese by consumption/popularity.

(FYI...manchego is the most popular Spanish cheese. Don’t @ me)

(FYI...I didn’t research any of this.)