Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118296 times)

Croquet temper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2021, 05:36:51 AM »
American cheese is the face american cheeses.
But cheddar is actually the most American cheese by consumption/popularity.

(FYI...manchego is the most popular Spanish cheese. Don’t @ me)

(FYI...I didn’t research any of this.)

Extra sharp cheddar.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2021, 01:02:30 PM »
I don't like sour skateboards mainly because it's a parody brand. The team is amazing but I'd wish they would skate more somewhere else than Spain.

Anything youtube is extremely corny except Send Saturdays.

Funny how perception can be so different. I think sour is one of the sickest companies around atm and sour solution II was maybe the best full length Videos in the last year

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2021, 02:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't like sour skateboards mainly because it's a parody brand. The team is amazing but I'd wish they would skate more somewhere else than Spain.

[close]

Funny how perception can be so different. I think sour is one of the sickest companies around atm and sour solution II was maybe the best full length Videos in the last year

Lol

Yeah I wish they skated some interesting. Where is all the socal footage ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2021, 04:17:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lol

They came to Guatemala and have quite a few clips in Sour Solution 2 from here, as well as from all over Europe, you trippin G

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2021, 04:51:27 PM »
Man, I wish those alltimers guys would drink and hang out more. I wish passport would skate Australia. I wish Jenkem would do some day in the life stuff, maybe a dating program? With Chachi?
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

bonelessfingerflip

• Rep: 0
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2021, 06:55:22 PM »
Clint Eastwood sucks. He's built this reputation as some sort of tough guy but he's a pampered Hollywood crybaby always bitching about whatever Republicans bitch about. He was pretty good in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly but after that he's always played the same role but with slight permutations over and over again where all he does is squint and mumble. Now we have to see his shriveled up face continue to try to be the eternal tough guy only now he's no longer a pretty boy. Fuck Clint Eastwood.

This is shockingly untrue and a bad opinion. He's had regular success as a director for almost 50 years, and has worked in pretty much every genre. He also composed a number of scores for his films. Have you seen anything he is in or directed other then the man with no name films? Just cause you don't like his acting doesn't mean he sucks. this is in fact an unpopular opinion

cky enthusiast

« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2021, 07:03:21 PM »
did you register solely to defend the hollywood career of clint eastwood

conqueso

« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2021, 07:04:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Clint Eastwood sucks. He's built this reputation as some sort of tough guy but he's a pampered Hollywood crybaby always bitching about whatever Republicans bitch about. He was pretty good in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly but after that he's always played the same role but with slight permutations over and over again where all he does is squint and mumble. Now we have to see his shriveled up face continue to try to be the eternal tough guy only now he's no longer a pretty boy. Fuck Clint Eastwood.
[close]

This is shockingly untrue and a bad opinion. He's had regular success as a director for almost 50 years, and has worked in pretty much every genre. He also composed a number of scores for his films. Have you seen anything he is in or directed other then the man with no name films? Just cause you don't like his acting doesn't mean he sucks. this is in fact an unpopular opinion

yo wut up clint

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2021, 07:34:20 PM »
^ if clint has been lurking slap and finally made an account for this it would be the greatest event in history.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2021, 08:59:19 PM »
32 year old here, skating for 25 of those years, and ending it with commenting in this forum means I “made it.”

ricky riggatoni

• Rep: -2
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2021, 09:04:59 PM »
you just don't like his politics. when i was in prison, if a man smoked your weed w/ you in a cell, you had to fuck him in the ass. i didn't want to do it but politics is politics. it doesn't mean the guy wasn't a good actor but those politics suck!

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2021, 10:29:00 PM »
i just hope people stop bringing non skaters to lowkey spots, and then burn them with loud music, smoking and littering

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2021, 02:30:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lol

[close]
They came to Guatemala and have quite a few clips in Sour Solution 2 from here, as well as from all over Europe, you trippin G

Barca, socal, china footy it's all been done to death and I'm good not seeing those spots ever again in skate videos..

It's just not my scene so whatevs..

Also my main grief with sour is their branding not the skateboarding.

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2021, 02:32:20 AM »
the face zoom will never go away. in fact, it will be used even more than it already is. every clip in every video will start and end with a facezoom. it will get to the point where skate videos wont show skating anymore, just the entire clip is the skater's face. full length videos will be nothing but face zooms.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2021, 02:57:22 AM »
when i was in prison, if a man smoked your weed w/ you in a cell, you had to fuck him in the ass.

...okay...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Scott Chegg

« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2021, 05:36:22 PM »
you just don't like his politics. when i was in prison, if a man smoked your weed w/ you in a cell, you had to fuck him in the ass. i didn't want to do it but politics is politics. it doesn't mean the guy wasn't a good actor but those politics suck!

Did you have to bum him as punishment for taking your weed? Or did you smoke weed together and then had to bum each other?

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2021, 06:13:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Remember when dude thought clowning on an empty chair was going to win an election?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2021, 07:49:59 AM »

I don’t disagree that Clint is a world class right wing asshole, but he’s one of the best directors working today. “Richard Jewell” was a master work, and one of the only American films with anything to say in a decade
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2021, 02:02:05 PM »
Nothing has been milked harder in skateboarding than the mild cultural relevancy of Larry Clark/Harmony Korine films.

anti-bolts

• andy shitcock
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2021, 05:47:52 PM »
i fucking hate dylan jaebs style. too similar to shane and yuto and to make it worse he pretty much only skates poods
also old school tricks look better and are more fun than flips
people with better flow and style should be considered better skaters than people who just do the same tech janky shit down a double

Nosebleed-section

• Rep: 30
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2021, 06:28:15 PM »
did you register solely to defend the hollywood career of clint eastwood

Bless you
just nipples affiliate

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -216
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2021, 06:34:34 PM »
i fucking hate dylan jaebs style. too similar to shane and yuto and to make it worse he pretty much only skates poods
people with better flow and style should be considered better skaters than people who just do the same tech janky shit down a double

I’d respect you more if you just said ‘i don’t like people who do tricks i can’t do’

Mr Cheese Resurrection

« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2021, 06:36:22 PM »
I disagree about how Tigers love pepper and hate cinnamon. I believe that tigers love Cinnamon more and just the small thought of Pepper makes them angry.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2021, 06:43:36 PM »
Nothing has been milked harder in skateboarding than the mild cultural relevancy of Larry Clark/Harmony Korine films.

There's about a million things in skating that have been milked harder than this and aren't even good in the first place

anti-bolts

• andy shitcock
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2021, 08:55:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d respect you more if you just said ‘i don’t like people who do tricks i can’t do’

nah cause see for example: heelflip. heelflips are easy for me and pretty much my main flip trick, but i hate the way they look except for when krod does them. a fucked up wallie still looks tons better than a perfect shane switch flip.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2021, 06:43:25 AM »
98% Dead Dave isn’t fun/entertaining to watch. Just kinda corny 

Roy Machine

« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2021, 12:44:26 PM »
I don't get the white shoes with black laces/black Soles and the all black shoes with white laces thing. To me both looks ugly

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2021, 01:05:17 PM »
FA/Hockey boards are shaped like absolute shit rectangles and i dont get it. anyone that says "dude theyre just old workshop shapes" was obviously not there bc aws had great shapes.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Mr Cheese Resurrection

« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2021, 01:18:19 PM »
Shaw is far better than any center who’s ever played Basketball including Kareem Abdul Jabar

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2021, 01:37:16 PM »
FA/Hockey boards are shaped like absolute shit rectangles and i dont get it. anyone that says "dude theyre just old workshop shapes" was obviously not there bc aws had great shapes.

free max b

this is one of the biggest concerns i have and one of the reasons why i havent picked up one of their boards, yet. that and i like their graphics.......maybe that one could be added to this thread:
i dont like FA/Hockey graphics.

are quasi boards any better?