Author Topic: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element  (Read 43115 times)

imjusthereforthechips

Re: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2021, 10:35:51 AM »
happy to see that westgate and appleyard are still on, though

Pavs323

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Element is done
[close]

I haven’t seen a kid on an Element deck in as long as I can remember. I don’t think either of my local shops even stock them

They were purchased by an investment firm sometime in the past decade, and I’d wager that they are moving into becoming a Walmart complete brand. Don’t need Nyjah at $860k/year for that

Man, Westgate is gonna have to see his board sponsor totally sell out to corporate America for a second time

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2021, 10:43:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Element is done
[close]

I haven’t seen a kid on an Element deck in as long as I can remember. I don’t think either of my local shops even stock them

They were purchased by an investment firm sometime in the past decade, and I’d wager that they are moving into becoming a Walmart complete brand. Don’t need Nyjah at $860k/year for that
[close]

Man, Westgate is gonna have to see his board sponsor totally sell out to corporate America for a second time

Let's hope he goes to Toy Machine where he belongs.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2021, 10:45:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Element is done
[close]

[close]

[close]

Turn Myles pro and pay him before this
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2021, 10:46:19 AM »
i hope they dont start a brand

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2021, 10:50:57 AM »
team USA skateboards? most people on the olympic team don’t have board sponsors. could see someone trying to make some dollars of that

trash

• Rep: 15
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2021, 10:53:29 AM »
Element giving Ethan Loy a board was the only interesting thing they've done in God knows how long.

These dudes are going to start a brand and sadly it will be successful because of Youtube groms who ~SeNd iT~

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2021, 10:55:12 AM »
Nyjah on Illegal Civ, Cookie on Skate Mental

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2021, 10:56:55 AM »
Nyjah creating a new brand would be perfect to be honest. I bet Chase would be on it seeing he has no sponsor.

I hope they hire Dloy as filmer and right before the premiere he deletes the video

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2021, 11:13:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Element is done
[close]

[close]

[close]

Pretty sure he already turned them down once.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Nicki

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2021, 11:13:43 AM »
they would’ve been better saying nothing at all. that was the least personal shit i’ve ever seen

Absolutely agree, that was like it was written by a HR robot. “Wish you well with your future endeavours” “Part of their journey” - doesn’t even use any of their names in the post (just IG handles), even by Element standards this is cold and heartless.

All the dudes that left around Peace looking pretty smart now, especially Mason! Hope Cookie just goes to Worble, they make the best videos anyway.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2021, 11:26:19 AM »
Element seems to be of skateboarding. Curious if they are just waiting on contracts to end

Hopefully ninejah disappears from skateboarding. I hope cookie finds a spot somewhere. I wonder if westgate is waiting til his contract is up then gonna bounce or element drop him. I could see westgate on real.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2021, 11:26:25 AM »

We're talking about Element here. Been done.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2021, 11:36:52 AM »
i remember stumbling across a livestream of a Vans park contest live from china one night 2-3 years back. I had never heard of this cookie kid. chris pastras was calling the play by play for the contest, and his mic was much louder than anything else, comically loud. for some reason he couldnt stop talking about "HIS BOY COOKIE" throughout the entire contest, i honestly thought it was some sort of weird joke bc of how many times i heard the word cookie. all throughout everyone elses runs.
this is how it went:
"Cody Mac really has great usage of the Vans Signature Park Series Procourse A-frame wedge to curb, but you know what i personally cant wait to see fellas? Im really excited to see what my boy chris cookie coldburn has in store for this once in a lifetime Vans Park Series Pro course!!"

at some point in someones run they skate past cookie on the deck...

"ohhh man you can just see Cookie patiently waiting, only 3 skaters heats left before we see Cookie take the Vans Signature Pro Park Series course. I can see the fire in your eyes cookie!! I know youre dying to shred this Vans Park Series Pro course cookie!! hang in there!!"

"AAAAND HERE HE IS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN CHRIS COOKIE COLDBURN LETS HEAR THAT LEGENDARY SHENZEN CROWD ROAR THIS IS WHAT WEVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!"

quietest i had ever heard a sporting event... this predates covid by atleast 2 years. this cookie kid landed a little fucking boardslide before falling on his second trick and bowing out with 45 seconds left in his run.

chris pastras started yelling something about how this was a once in a lifetime type thing for cookie because of how flawless he had been on the vans signature park series pro course the past 2 days in front of those hyphy Shenzen sk8 hooligans in the stands.

i still have no idea what the fuck was going on, but it was fucked, and ive since lost all respect for chris pastras. get that money buddy but holy shit, who decided to give that man a vans signature park series pro course microphone? yall fucked up. nate sherwood could have done a better job and that motherfucker speaks his own verison of english.

free max b
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 11:44:15 AM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2021, 11:48:02 AM »
you know Dinner has been begging nigel to get on dance and you know he keeps dangling it over Dinners head. just giving him more chores to do around the skatepark and as his butler, Dinner thinking hes gonna turn dance into a brand people actually buy.

and then the plan B announcement goes up on IG and Dinner just acts like hes happy for em.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2021, 11:48:18 AM »
I bet Nyjah is going to make his own boards under his name like how Chris Cole did

Cookie to Worble would make a lot of sense

Could see Domo on krooked

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2021, 11:54:03 AM »
I admit I bought a couple of Element soft-goods just for the nostalgia factor, like how I ironically wear GAP hoodies, I have a Element truck hat & a cotton belt just because it make wonders to fit properly my jeans.

Sad but true, Element is leaving the international program behind, the Element team here is gone, it was fun while it last !

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2021, 11:55:03 AM »
team USA skateboards? most people on the olympic team don’t have board sponsors. could see someone trying to make some dollars of that

Using the olympics for any form of advertising is highly restricted so it probably wouldn't be worth it. Although I guess having all the tiny kids and their baseball dads' new favourite skaters on the same team might be useful
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2021, 11:55:17 AM »

What do you mean most people on the Olympic team don't have board sponsors? I think most of them do actually, particularly the men's street team

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2021, 11:57:42 AM »
Actually could see Cookie on Krooked.

globe fusion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2021, 11:59:20 AM »
on zero

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2021, 12:03:41 PM »
I bet Nyjah is going to make his own boards under his name like how Chris Cole did

Cole didn't make a brand. He had a few hundred completely blank boards made, sold them in one run, then signed with Plan B.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2021, 12:11:10 PM »
I admit I bought a couple of Element soft-goods just for the nostalgia factor, like how I ironically wear GAP hoodies, I have a Element truck hat & a cotton belt just because it make wonders to fit properly my jeans.

Sad but true, Element is leaving the international program behind, the Element team here is gone, it was fun while it last !

How does one ironically wear clothes? Ironically spend money for them too?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2021, 12:15:08 PM »
I could see them dropping the others but why Nyjah?

He is the poster boy for the kinda asshole that likes Element

They must really be hurting
I personally would think it was their choice and not elements.
Those three dudes have probably all gotten better offers over the last couple years and maybe their contracts just all expired and they were ready to dip out.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2021, 12:22:03 PM »
Hope he starts Rippin' and Tearin' skateboards

F     u     L     L

S     e     N     D

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2021, 12:25:46 PM »

At the expense of the joke, it does actually make sense

Who do the Mull brothers skate for?   The long haired one who skates to Bad Feeling is rad

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2021, 12:26:07 PM »
I could see Nyjah on Muta.

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2021, 12:35:58 PM »
Goddamn it I just want Westgate to land somewhere worth a fuck.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2021, 12:37:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

At the expense of the joke, it does actually make sense

Who do the Mull brothers skate for?   The long haired one who skates to Bad Feeling is rad

W0RBLE. And while I can see Cookie on the team, most def, if he made that move, he wouldn't be pulling in any kind of check at all.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2021, 12:45:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
[/b]

What do you mean most people on the Olympic team don't have board sponsors? I think most of them do actually, particularly the men's street team

Funny how this would sound in 1999.

Expand Quote

[close]

How does one ironically wear clothes? Ironically spend money for them too?

This, and  what does Miguel Castro have to do with all this?