Author Topic: The WELLNESS OUTREACH & SUPPORT Thread  (Read 28549 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The WELLNESS OUTREACH & SUPPORT Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2021, 01:44:08 PM »
Does therapy sessions always end with me feeling worse off? or just empty because of the traumas and finally someone listening to me without judgment?

I was diagnosed with PTSD and Schizoeffective disorder and part of the problem irl is learning how to talk with others without stuttering like Bill Denborough from IT.  I've taken in alot of buddhist mindfullness nonaggressive communication and assertive skills, it feels like mental homework of trying a different avenue then what you've done so far.

Got a case manager for other things as I'm trying vocational rehabilitation basically job skills and life coach to advocate for those with mental illness, I've had learning disabilities all my life and found flipping burgers, working with elderly and persons with special needs, along with working at a skate shop or bike repair.

Now mind you I am handy with those skills and have a talent somehow I'll say something wrong or joke too much and forget my place and it's well Rob ummmm I don't think this is a good fit for you and back out on the street or I ramble on and somehow never get to the point, talking at someone instead of talking with them.
Dueces Bitch's

IanBZHD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2021, 09:33:15 AM »
Does therapy sessions always end with me feeling worse off? or just empty because of the traumas and finally someone listening to me without judgment?

I was diagnosed with PTSD and Schizoeffective disorder and part of the problem irl is learning how to talk with others without stuttering like Bill Denborough from IT.  I've taken in alot of buddhist mindfullness nonaggressive communication and assertive skills, it feels like mental homework of trying a different avenue then what you've done so far.

Got a case manager for other things as I'm trying vocational rehabilitation basically job skills and life coach to advocate for those with mental illness, I've had learning disabilities all my life and found flipping burgers, working with elderly and persons with special needs, along with working at a skate shop or bike repair.

Now mind you I am handy with those skills and have a talent somehow I'll say something wrong or joke too much and forget my place and it's well Rob ummmm I don't think this is a good fit for you and back out on the street or I ramble on and somehow never get to the point, talking at someone instead of talking with them.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you sound like me but worse.
I would say you feel worse after therapy because you're draining yourself during those sessions by talking about yourself and what's been in your head. A lot get's built up in the head, and when it comes out it can be more than you think coming from a 3rd person perspective. It's like beating yourself up.
Allow yourself to feel worse knowing you will feel good about it very soon.

How you talk to yourself in your head is different that how you need to talk to people.
I'm very clear in my thoughts, but can't get words out sometimes the way I want.
Just need to practice talking slow and calm and you'll get better at organizing the words on the fly.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2021, 12:46:36 AM »
I got a real close friend that stutters and I can’t help you with that but I want you to know that your mates don’t care if you have a speech impediment or not
listen to cosmic psychos

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2021, 02:08:56 PM »

bascially yes, but I wouldn't use the words "worse off". you've definitely chosen to square up to some bad energy in your dome so a little discomfort is maybe to be expected? sometimes i feel unsettled after a therapy session. i've likened it to "shaking the snowglobe", the snowglobe being my emotional state. sometimes the rest of the day I'll spend kinda thinking about my situation. however, almost always the next few days, after sleeping on it, i feel better for having vocalized the stuff, putting it in words, etc, instead of bottling it up or ignoring it again.

so yes i feel a little uneasy sometimes but i have some faith and some proof that I am at least moving in the right direction by trying.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2021, 02:37:14 PM »
Regarding feeling worse or depleted after a single therapy session, have any of y'all worked with Gestalt therapy? It feels wacky at first but I've found it to be very helpful as I'm able to say all that need be said, directly to the issue
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2021, 03:43:43 PM »
At first I wasn’t too hyped about this zoom therapy shenanigans at first and yes I do cry about the time’s I’m beating myself up inside.

I do believe it’s helping me with my mental health issues, I’m glad I could do it this way I don’t think I can hang with others as it’ll cause me to stutter more irl.
Dueces Bitch's

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2021, 07:33:42 AM »
At first I wasn’t too hyped about this zoom therapy shenanigans at first and yes I do cry about the time’s I’m beating myself up inside.

I do believe it’s helping me with my mental health issues, I’m glad I could do it this way I don’t think I can hang with others as it’ll cause me to stutter more irl.

Fuck yes Fap that RULES!

Stick with it my friend, I'm sure you know it will get heavier over time but .... that investment will work out! It will continue to help you emotionally and mentally, and that's TOPS!

We are here for you Fapster, thanks for keeping in touch!

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2021, 04:16:02 PM »
So I’ve got a few toxic people I live with, my wife and I are good buttttttt it’s exhausting, so here’s my summation of what I’ve learned recently.

If you have a narcissistic personality disorder or mental condition with similar effects you effectively feel like your ego is always on the verge of collapsing and it has to be perpetually bailed out like a sinking ship. So you brag, take credit for other people's work, and whenever you fuck up you go into emergency damage control mode to spare your ego a killing blow.

When you make a mistake you think "Oops, I better own up and we can move on"; for someone with that kind of condition, deep down they think to themselves "Now my house of cards is collapsing, everyone will see what a fraud I am; they will laugh at me and call me a fucking loser, just like all those losers I make fun of".

They interpret the slightest concession as an announcement of "I'm a pathetic loser".
Dueces Bitch's

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2021, 07:34:49 PM »
100%
It’s like, these people hate themselves so much they legit feel the need to just break people down
Often the exact things they say they are really saying to themselves

Don’t be like that, people

And if someone is doing this to you and you don’t know how to deal with it all I can offer is that these people are clearly in hell and they hate themselves more than they hate you and and are more scared of you than you are of them
listen to cosmic psychos

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2021, 07:46:48 PM »
100%
It’s like, these people hate themselves so much they legit feel the need to just break people down
Often the exact things they say they are really saying to themselves

Don’t be like that, people

And if someone is doing this to you and you don’t know how to deal with it all I can offer is that these people are clearly in hell and they hate themselves more than they hate you and and are more scared of you than you are of them
For sure I agree, what’s fucked me up is having to compromise my own standards and boundaries.

When I’m living with others I lost sight of my own mental well-being and being around someone who is a chicken Hawk like I described above they’ll prey on your own insecurities this is your last shot and you’ll be back on the streets or you’re a failure and completely distort your mind to view yourself in a negative perspective and this therapy is rad, I cannot recommend it enough.

If I could move somewhere else I would like to but unfortunately I’m making the best of the situation, anytime I hear vile things I treat them like a babbling crackhead and ignore it.
Dueces Bitch's

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2021, 09:57:42 PM »
Guy that’s never made a mistake well that’s the guy that’s never built anything
listen to cosmic psychos

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2021, 06:02:16 AM »
Guy that’s never made a mistake well that’s the guy that’s never built anything
Absolutely I have fucked up many things and it's made me feel like a whole person in the end.
Dueces Bitch's

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2021, 10:23:37 AM »
What's up my friends! Sending all my love to you all!

Ah it has come time for me to turn the tables on myself. The old noggin has once again pointed its emotional rifles at my heart.

Just moved in to my fiance and I's first place - which is FUCKING so so cool! It's a super sick 1 bed 1 bath in a mountainous town where lotsa family is nearby and we have our kitty cat and all our belongings here .... so shit is fucking good.

BUT of course my fucking heart is so overwhelmed ..... until now I lived with my folks again cause 2 years ago I had a horrible accident that left me disabled; I had no option but to return home. And it's just so fucking much emotion leaving home again as a full adult this time but having so much trauma and anxiety like a giant monkey on my back. And my hubby and I are super emotionally supportive of each other, so I am absolutely safe and so so lucky for that!

But yeah, my head is going through the WAVES past couple days ..... I know I'll settle in super super well very soon ..... but for now I'm just like FUCK! Hahaha. Today I managed to fight my lack of appetite to eat a good lunch, and I'm doing some house organization / tony hawk playing to our fav Bathory record ..... so today is great so far! PROGRESS!

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2021, 03:51:37 PM »

Ah it has come time for me to turn the tables on myself. The old noggin has once again pointed its emotional rifles at my heart.

Just moved in to my fiance and I's first place - which is FUCKING so so cool! It's a super sick 1 bed 1 bath in a mountainous town where lotsa family is nearby and we have our kitty cat and all our belongings here .... so shit is fucking good.

BUT of course my fucking heart is so overwhelmed ..... until now I lived with my folks again cause 2 years ago I had a horrible accident that left me disabled; I had no option but to return home. And it's just so fucking much emotion leaving home again as a full adult this time but having so much trauma and anxiety like a giant monkey on my back. And my hubby and I are super emotionally supportive of each other, so I am absolutely safe and so so lucky for that!

But yeah, my head is going through the WAVES past couple days ..... I know I'll settle in super super well very soon ..... but for now I'm just like FUCK! Hahaha. Today I managed to fight my lack of appetite to eat a good lunch, and I'm doing some house organization / tony hawk playing to our fav Bathory record ..... so today is great so far! PROGRESS!
I’ve learned to ground myself when anxiety gets too much, I breathe and focus on what’s attainable in front of me and what I’ve accomplished in my lifetime.

It usually works like this
Got carpentry skills, nursing, well aquatinted with measurements and computer skills as well. Along with traveled as far east as Romania with little to no money and got booted from Prague and loved it, been to Brazil and banged a couple hotties and probably have a few kids here and there so my legacy and infamy has been well established and I continue to do good things for other’s and myself.

Yeah I know it sounds selfish but honestly it’s just you on This planet you come in to this world alone and you die alone so the saying goes might as well make the best of it.
Dueces Bitch's

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2021, 06:30:32 PM »
Real shit Fap! Fucking cheers my friend 8)

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2021, 11:33:47 AM »
whats up slappers, first time poster in this thread, long time lover of wholesome slaptivities.

I'm finishing college after a journey with many bumps in the road, I'm in the closet to most of my family, but I have my health and even my mental health. This pandemic took me back mentally to a place that I literally could not exist without drugs or self harm. THAT BEING SAID...

I haven't relapsed on self harm, I'm california sober as fuck, and I'm making cool stuff with my friends even if I can't see them. I'm proud as hell, even if I was smoking a bit too much weed at the beginning of the pandemic.

an associates and Bachelors degrees, a real proper studio record, massive break up, dysphoria, some dog shite short films, got my switch game up a little, semi-national tour, and more music on the way hopefully.

Not a bad couple of years, have to slow down and give myself some credit instead of the usual punishment.
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

nico_suave

• Rep: 15
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2021, 02:15:44 PM »
Thank you all for the love for my shitty feelings and my loss of my sweet boy.  I couldn't really look back at this thread because it always makes me weep out of the kindness and support you guys gave.  You guys are awesome, and much love.

I was laying in bed all day long and getting out of bed to day drink/afternoon drink and barely eating.  I went on a liquor run, and was pretty buzzed-up,and drunkenly got into it with some anti-masker dudes at the liquor. It was one loud dude mouthing off epithets, and when I got to my car he and his buddies beauty ass pretty good.

I was sore and I cracked my nose, and if I coughed or sneezed blood would pour from my nose like a faucet.  I sat at home drunk for about five days dealing with it, bleeding everywhere. I don't have insurance and am paranoid about the Covid new infective strains soI just tried to take care of it myself. On the fifth day my one friend I have left forced me to go the hospital.  I ended up spending 3 days in the ER and received 4 pints of blood and a ton of saline. If my buddy didn't drag me to the doc, I would most likely been dead, from blood loss from my nose.  Ridiculous, but I just was kind of done.  I fucking gave up. Everything I gave a shit about was gone so I didn't really see any point in going on, like I had a good run, time to clock out.

I've been sober for two weeks now (I occasionally smoke a joint here and there) , and I am now a huge Topo Chico-holic. Its really odd to me how close to dying I came, but also I can believe it because it was just such  an easy way out, no noose-tying, or gun in my mouth.

Once again, I am not looking for any pity or attention or insistence that I'm worse off than anyone else, or my pain and sadness are just like everyone else's.  I just need to get it off my chest.  Amazingly enough, this thread has been a godsend (for lack of a better word) for me.

Thank you guys for the kind words and support. I love you all for that.

Also, thank you Sebastian for forcing to get off my ass, if it wasn't for you, I just wouldn't be here anymore, you saved my life.  May you never have to buy a drink again, and even though you have your own wife and 5 year old daughter, you made time to help me.

Once again, I am a weepy mess, but its okay. I'm alive, and not auto-piloting with that awfully stubborn/dumb routine I was content with.  I'm keeping busy by cleaning all the goddamn blood everywhere on everything. That feeling of restless its there, but its okay.

Much love guys, and I can't thank you enough for your support and this thread.

Its weird, I just might just delete this post because I feel so pathetic/embarrassed about how its all turned out. Its also awesome that I found my little safe area to speak out, on SLAP.

I can't thank you guys enough. I lurked these boards for a while and made an account to call out some San Diego skate kookiness, and ended up bearing my soul to strangers, who honestly react more genuine and actually hear  me than actual people.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2021, 04:25:15 PM »
Thank you all for the love for my shitty feelings and my loss of my sweet boy.  I couldn't really look back at this thread because it always makes me weep out of the kindness and support you guys gave.  You guys are awesome, and much love.

I was laying in bed all day long and getting out of bed to day drink/afternoon drink and barely eating.  I went on a liquor run, and was pretty buzzed-up,and drunkenly got into it with some anti-masker dudes at the liquor. It was one loud dude mouthing off epithets, and when I got to my car he and his buddies beauty ass pretty good.

I was sore and I cracked my nose, and if I coughed or sneezed blood would pour from my nose like a faucet.  I sat at home drunk for about five days dealing with it, bleeding everywhere. I don't have insurance and am paranoid about the Covid new infective strains soI just tried to take care of it myself. On the fifth day my one friend I have left forced me to go the hospital.  I ended up spending 3 days in the ER and received 4 pints of blood and a ton of saline. If my buddy didn't drag me to the doc, I would most likely been dead, from blood loss from my nose.  Ridiculous, but I just was kind of done.  I fucking gave up. Everything I gave a shit about was gone so I didn't really see any point in going on, like I had a good run, time to clock out.

I've been sober for two weeks now (I occasionally smoke a joint here and there) , and I am now a huge Topo Chico-holic. Its really odd to me how close to dying I came, but also I can believe it because it was just such  an easy way out, no noose-tying, or gun in my mouth.

Once again, I am not looking for any pity or attention or insistence that I'm worse off than anyone else, or my pain and sadness are just like everyone else's.  I just need to get it off my chest.  Amazingly enough, this thread has been a godsend (for lack of a better word) for me.

Also, thank you Sebastian for forcing to get off my ass, if it wasn't for you, I just wouldn't be here anymore, you saved my life.  May you never have to buy a drink again, and even though you have your own wife and 5 year old daughter, you made time to help me.

Once again, I am a weepy mess, but its okay. I'm alive, and not auto-piloting with that awfully stubborn/dumb routine I was content with.  I'm keeping busy by cleaning all the goddamn blood everywhere on everything. That feeling of restless its there, but its okay.

Its weird, I just might just delete this post because I feel so pathetic/embarrassed about how its all turned out. Its also awesome that I found my little safe area to speak out, on SLAP.

I can't thank you guys enough. I lurked these boards for a while and made an account to call out some San Diego skate kookiness, and ended up bearing my soul to strangers, who honestly react more genuine and actually hear  me than actual people.
Truth be told dog if you can hang with the occasional heckling and jibing on here you’re good to go.

Sometimes in life shit goes awry and with that you have to ask yourself am I going to wallow in it? Or get myself motivated?

I don’t like that term laziness I prefer unmotivated and uninspired and in some circumstances it genuinely fits the situation.

Don’t worry about barring your feelings on here as it’s been a difficult time for not just yourself but a lot of people during the last year.

I know it’s easier said than done but we’ve only got 1 life and you’re alive and so many talented people are going to the great beyond.

You’re valued and precious remember that.
Dueces Bitch's

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2021, 08:28:33 PM »

How wonderful to hear you are well set up for happiness, this really meets my need for knowing that good things happen to good people.  You are clearly a kind and generous soul and deserve all the good that is now coming to you. I am certain you’ll come to be able to believe in and appreciate your good luck before you know it!

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2021, 10:10:54 PM »

Thanks for coming on here and sharing all this with us, that takes guts. My Frenchie is currently batting a yeast overgrowth in her gut, leading to her skin turning pitch black all over, fur falling out in bundles, and non-stop scratching, so she basically needs 24-7 attention now. We have her on a health and nutrition program now which I believe will resolve the problem eventually, but we're on month number 3 now and it might take more than 6. And still this is so much better than losing a dog, which also happened to me 4 years ago. Between me, my wife and my mother-in-law we're just about handling it (sleeping in shifts etc.), but I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to face this on my own.

I am glad to hear you're doing better. The best advice I can give is simply to continue doing what you've just done on here, share what you feel, not matter if it's on here or with your friend. Get it out! We're here to listen.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2021, 11:39:15 PM »
And @El Fapinator, I’ve been very happy over the past few months to follow your progress on here. Fucking awesome, as they say, keep it up!

Also, @Spunkchild, good on you posting on here and good to hear you are doing well in these crazy times. Give yourself a good pat on the back for that, you deserve it.

Much love to all slappies everywhere.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 12:08:17 AM by RoaryMcTwang »

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2021, 05:29:28 AM »
I grew up in rural South Dakota and the few friends I have from high school have gone full Qanon/covid denial.  The old folks home I used to volunteer at got breached with covid.  Half the residents died, while staff worked overtime while sick with covid themselves.  Of course the people I grew up with have postured themselves in a way that they are tough for not giving a fuck about covid.  My brother and my dad are high risk as well. 

Reading this thread made me tear up a little bit.  Growing up, alot of my message board friends knew me better than my irl friends.  I'm glad this got stickied.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2021, 10:38:12 AM »
So i'm starting a a CPT therapy?! where I have to unpack and find stuck words for some of my issues and I'm having a difficult time figuring this out so here's my  things I need a stuck word to describe my issue.

Having that excuse of being easily disposed of
Invalid or ignored
Distrust for almost everyone more specifically distrust for those closest to me
Loneliness and feeling isolated when doing things I enjoy

Dueces Bitch's

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2021, 10:18:44 AM »
I love you all! Fuck yes, we are kicking ASS, one okay day at a time! Fap, that is so cool about CPT therapy! We are here to hear you out and support you along this latest chapter in the journey.

Let's all do some little things that bring us joy this weekend! Cheers my friends :)

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2021, 11:45:06 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q24Gtf5T59s

I'm glad you are a girl
I'm pleased to know you
I like you for you
I'm happy you're growing up

Reach and you won't lose me
Destroy the objective but still survive
You are angry and thats okay

Forgetful or pretending
Tired, ill or angry or cold
More assured of what to do
But I do care for you

You are angry and that's okay

I am not afraid of your anger
What do you need? What do you want?
I love you and I know that you can figure it out

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 11:10:17 AM by Deputy Wendell »

sketchyrider

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2021, 01:10:06 PM »
I grew up in rural South Dakota and the few friends I have from high school have gone full Qanon/covid denial.  The old folks home I used to volunteer at got breached with covid.  Half the residents died, while staff worked overtime while sick with covid themselves.  Of course the people I grew up with have postured themselves in a way that they are tough for not giving a fuck about covid.  My brother and my dad are high risk as well. 

Reading this thread made me tear up a little bit.  Growing up, alot of my message board friends knew me better than my irl friends.  I'm glad this got stickied.

i hear ya big time...damn near all my high school friends either went actively anti-mask or just couldn't be bothered. hard to relate to people going to indoor bars and shit in the middle of a once in a century pandemic. pretty much killed any connection i had with them. silver lining is it motivates me to move on in life and find new people.

to the guy that got his ass kicked, sorry a bunch of short cock idiots ganged up on you, doesn't sound very tough to me. glad you recovered. don't give up.

HeadInLionsMouth

• Rep: 139
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2021, 09:40:17 PM »
I've been feeling kind of helpless lately.

My dad has Parkinson's and it seems like it's progressing in different way all of a sudden. He's been diagnosed for a few years now, and I understand the ins and outs of degenerative disease, but goddamn, understanding it does not make it any easier. There's no helpful timeline, especially with his other conditions, so I just try and be as supportive as I can.

At work earlier this week, a man accosted a Filipino woman and amidst a barrage of hate speech, physically threatened her and one of my coworkers. I confronted him immediately, putting myself between him and the people he was harassing, I put all the focus on me, and despite his attempts to attack, I managed to get him out of the store without anyone getting hurt. The next day I was almost fired because I "didn't follow protocol for that type of situation" and "didn't let the boss handle it". Protocol was not an option, my boss was nowhere to be found when it was happening, and I honestly can't think of a better way ANYONE could have addressed what happened in that moment.

I've been in therapy for a while, and along with medication, I find it very helpful. Normally some kind of breakthrough is a good thing, but my most recent realization has me all fucked up - I have serious feelings for a close friend. She's in a committed relationship and has been for years. And insult to injury, even if she was single, i'm pretty positive she does not and would not reciprocate the same feelings. I've never been in this position before. I'm in my 30's and this feels like some highschool nonsense.

I don't know. It's like everything around me is falling apart and I can't do anything about it. Blah

All that said, I also wanted to mention how grateful I am for you all. I hope you're doing well and taking care of yourselves

Grind King Rims

« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2021, 10:16:29 AM »
Feeling really not great again lately. Long overdue trying to find a therapist to talk to. I know you sometimes have to "shop around" to find the right person to talk to. The last therapist I found was a really bad fit, I didn't feel comfortable with him at all and I'm normally a very open person regardless. Does anyone have any tips on how to sort of review a therapist before you commit? I'm very un-independent when it comes to stuff like this life, so I could use any suggestions. I'm at the stage of just google searching "therapist near me".

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2021, 10:25:46 AM »
What's up my friends!

Head, I'm so sorry to hear about your father's condition as well as the horrible situation that happened at work & from management, and of course the heartache you are experiencing too! Oh man, my Yiayia (grandmother) had terrible dementia toward her life's end simultaneous with my Papou (grandfather) having terrible neuropathy that left him paralyzed. I'd help my Papou use the toilet while trying to convince my Yiayia that her deceased family members were not buried in the room where she was trying to rest. It was hell, but no matter how bad it got I can only imagine what it's like to helplessly see your father go through what he is! I'm so sorry to hear that, and to have such bullshit from management purely for being an awesome and loving human - and then to have super heavy heartache too - oh man what a full plate! But we are here for you and I assure you: you've GOT THIS! One okay day at a time :)

Grind King, what's up my friend! Ugh the search for new therapy is so difficult, I've struggled with that all too many times .... I wish I could give you a good suggestion but I'm unfortunately all too empty handed. I was very lucky to have therapists pass me on to good recommendations when I moved / needed different help than before. That being said, if you've ever had a good therapist please take a day to try and get in touch with them! I hope they would be more than happy to give you some solid Recs! If not, I would suggest taking your time just sifting through therapists Bios that they have on their websites / on the medical pages where you can research them. For instance: I am trans and have a personality disorder, so I would hope to find someone who explicitly has expertise in treating problems in both of those arenas! Also consider the type of therapy you want; for me, its CBT! For you, it can be whatever works best :) You've got this! Keep us in the loop!

Grind King Rims

« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2021, 11:04:47 AM »
Thanks very much for your response Armin, you're very kind. That's some helpful advice, thanks. Fingers crossed.