Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 76167 times)

Matthew_James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #450 on: May 23, 2021, 05:59:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I believe Jamie had to threaten the shop to take away their Zero account in order to get directions.
[close]

Imagine owning a shop and Jamie threatens to take away your Zero account. That's like going into a candy shop and threatening to take away their black jelly bean account.
[close]

LOL

This made me giggle in public.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #451 on: May 24, 2021, 08:24:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was in Brazil in 94.

I was in Rio Sul Kidney and out of nowhere John Cardiel and Julien Stranger showed up. The guys arrived curious with the ramp without a skateboard and quickly left.

It was really cool because we had never seen pros at that level since Hosoi years before.

Later I came back and there were Julien, John, Jake Phelps, Joey Tershay and Bob Burnquist.

Bob lived in Săo Paulo and rarely appeared in Rio. He was always a very nice guy and we fere happy to see him destroying that day, the guy was possessed.

The Americans were wide-eyed and I remember seeing Bob receive a huge bag of spitfire wheels as a gift. I think it was there that he got sponsorship from Deluxe.

Julien and John were also destroying the session without any protective gear. At that time this was not common in bowls and everyone was impressed because the ramp was large.

I went to see Jake to see if he had decks to sell and he said yes, for 25 dollars. At the time, having products from the USA in Brazil was very expensive and I ran home to get the money.

I came back on the track with $ 20 and Jake didn't want to give me the $ 5 discount! He was in a bad mood and did not treat me well, I thought he was a douchebag.

I ended up pissed and left calling him cheap greedy motherfucker or something like that.
Then he called me and scowled "Okay, give me the 20 dollars".

He took me in a car, opened the trunk and had a huge stack of decks. I chose a Keith Hufnagel model and left a little pissed off because I thought he was arrogant.

A few days later I was at another skate park and they showed up again. This time only Jake Phelps, Julien Stranger and Joey Tershay.

This time Phelper was totally different. Greeted me, made jokes about the previous day and was super nice. We had a session and ended up chatting with the three of them.

I didn't get to know Cardiel. I got to see him the other day on the park with the black eye.

A friend who was there said that Cardiel got involved in a bar fight with some jiu-jitsu jock and got beaten up.

When he passed she was making fun of him saying "This is Brazil" making punch signals with her hands. lol
[close]

You sure it's not the other way round?
[close]
Those damn greedy brazilians! >:-( they’re lucky Jake didn’t call them a slur
[close]

Lol yeah what the fuck?

One time Ben Gore helped me find the perfect fit in a pair of vans slip ons in FTC after checking for a size 9 in like 4 different kinds of shoes (they didn't have anything I was after!). Not weird at all and in fact, he was actively making it less awkward by cracking little jokes. Good guy!

Man the one time I ever went to FTC I got cool guyed so hard and the dude tried to charge me $80 for an FA deck. Just the deck. Really soured my view on that shop.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

cky enthusiast

« Reply #452 on: May 24, 2021, 11:11:35 AM »
sounds Fucking Awkward

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #453 on: May 24, 2021, 11:36:38 AM »
Got another JJ gem for yall.

2008 at Autumn skateshop (during height of chatroulette RIP) and a box came for jake from pig wheels. This box was morherfucked up. like 20 sets of wheels, bunch of shirts and hoodies, as well as a comically over-branded pigwheels duffelbag.
Jake did not ride for pig so the entire situation was fried and we’re all laughing at how many wheels they’d send someone they don’t even sponse.

he gave wheels to all the homies at the shop (got some cruiser wheels myself that lasted a decade shouts to Jake). then gave whatever was left to the shop to sell and dipped. pretty funny

Also just wanted to say this was pre-mindfield and he was doing nollie 180s both ways over a can standing up. I know tyshawn has done some wild shit over them cans, I ain’t hating. but Jake was nollieing over that shit when tyshawn went by TJ and skated 12th and a and was shorter than a trashcan. True can king

Free max b

You’re a legend Pete, I hope max gets his hearing soon

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #454 on: May 24, 2021, 12:17:30 PM »

I was in Rio Sul Kidney and out of nowhere John Cardiel and Julien Stranger showed up. The guys arrived curious with the ramp without a skateboard and quickly left.

It was really cool because we had never seen pros at that level since Hosoi years before.

Later I came back and there were Julien, John, Jake Phelps, Joey Tershay and Bob Burnquist.

Bob lived in Săo Paulo and rarely appeared in Rio. He was always a very nice guy and we fere happy to see him destroying that day, the guy was possessed.

The Americans were wide-eyed and I remember seeing Bob receive a huge bag of spitfire wheels as a gift. I think it was there that he got sponsorship from Deluxe.

Julien and John were also destroying the session without any protective gear. At that time this was not common in bowls and everyone was impressed because the ramp was large.

I went to see Jake to see if he had decks to sell and he said yes, for 25 dollars. At the time, having products from the USA in Brazil was very expensive and I ran home to get the money.

I came back on the track with $ 20 and Jake didn't want to give me the $ 5 discount! He was in a bad mood and did not treat me well, I thought he was a douchebag.

I ended up pissed and left calling him cheap greedy motherfucker or something like that. Then he called me and scowled "Okay, give me the 20 dollars".

He took me in a car, opened the trunk and had a huge stack of decks. I chose a Keith Hufnagel model and left a little pissed off because I thought he was arrogant.

A few days later I was at another skate park and they showed up again. This time only Jake Phelps, Julien Stranger and Joey Tershay.

This time Phelper was totally different. Greeted me, made jokes about the previous day and was super nice. We had a session and ended up chatting with the three of them.

I didn't get to know Cardiel. I got to see him the other day on the park with the black eye.

A friend who was there said that Cardiel got involved in a bar fight with some jiu-jitsu jock and got beaten up.

When he passed she was making fun of him saying "This is Brazil" making punch signals with her hands. lol

This trip?

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2021, 12:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Got another JJ gem for yall.

2008 at Autumn skateshop (during height of chatroulette RIP) and a box came for jake from pig wheels. This box was morherfucked up. like 20 sets of wheels, bunch of shirts and hoodies, as well as a comically over-branded pigwheels duffelbag.
Jake did not ride for pig so the entire situation was fried and we’re all laughing at how many wheels they’d send someone they don’t even sponse.

he gave wheels to all the homies at the shop (got some cruiser wheels myself that lasted a decade shouts to Jake). then gave whatever was left to the shop to sell and dipped. pretty funny

Also just wanted to say this was pre-mindfield and he was doing nollie 180s both ways over a can standing up. I know tyshawn has done some wild shit over them cans, I ain’t hating. but Jake was nollieing over that shit when tyshawn went by TJ and skated 12th and a and was shorter than a trashcan. True can king

Free max b
[close]

You’re a legend Pete, I hope max gets his hearing soon

I got JJ one.  I wouldn't say it was that weird, but I met JJ the last way I would ever have expected to meet him.

I went on a filming trip to SF with a friend about 6 years ago.  We ended up linking up with Hugo Balek who was with JJ at the time.  We met them at the pier where they were trying to illegally crab fish.  I got a snapped photo of him catching a couple with my disposable camera. After he caught a few crabs and put them in coolers, we helped him shovel nearby to make a DIY spot (that I think never turned into anything).  Later on we went to dinner which meant hitching a ride in his van, which had no back seats.  My friend and I sat on the crab coolers going down SF hills trying not to slide back and forth.  There's a few other funny details where it got a little loose that I'll leave out, but his parallel parking made us laugh.  He just hit bumpers until he could get squeezed in the spot.  We had dinner, he talked about a bunch of ideas he had, he was super nice, I tried cactus for the first time, it was a good time and that's the story.  No skating, just crabs.   

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 62
« Reply #456 on: May 24, 2021, 01:32:32 PM »
Embarcadero, Summer 1993

It's before noon but still an unusually slow day at the plaza when three rollerbladers suddenly appear and start doing whatever it is rollerbladers do. They're not coming close to where a few heads are gathered and sitting around on the little 3, but also aren't shying away from doing their thing where people are skating. A few insults are hurled in their direction from the people sitting down, but nothing that really gets their attention. I skate by the little 3 and get the sense that the hostility from the few EMB guys sitting there is starting to get serious, and it's pretty clear that while the rollerbladers have no doubt taken shit off skaters elsewhere, they aren't aware of how badly their day might go here if they don't move along.

I approach the oldest of the 3, who has a couple years on me. Tell him as diplomatically as possible that this is the kind of place where if people want you to leave, you'd be wise to do so, and that right now, people want him and his friends (younger brothers, it turns out) to leave. All I get is attitude. "Psh. I'm not fuckin' leaving" and he rolls away. As I watch him do so, it occurs to me that they really do look fucking stupid. Fine.

A few minutes pass with nothing really happening when the oldest one suddenly pulls a candle out of his backpack and, as rollerbladers tend(ed) to do, proceeds trying to pile on a thick layer of wax on the really blunted C-block (the one opposite the little 3 that a lot of people also did manual stuff on). Couple things about that:

- As anyone who skated there knows, the Embarcadero blocks had probably been waxed at some point, but nobody waxed them now. It wasn't done. Certainly not by bridge and tunnel dorks like my friends and me, and definitely not by rollerbladers. They didn't really need to be waxed anyway, but I don't think most people outside the EMB crew would squawk if someone were to run a candle over them once.

- Excluding obvious world ass famous landmarks like the Great Wall of China or whatever, this dude couldn't have known that he was fouling up what at that time may have been the most famous, stupid ledge in the world.

All hell breaks loose and what seemed like a relatively slow day at Embarcadero is now bearing witness to every kid in the place rushing these rollerbladers. Just like that, the 3 are surrounded by probably 12 dudes. I'm standing off to the side with some other people who don't want to get involved, and I can see from the oldest rollerblader's face that he has definitely lost his fuck you attitude now. He's getting shoved in every direction before a fist is thrown and his head jolts back and back up with blood running out of his nose. He looks fucking terrified.

This is straight out of some stupid melodramatic script, but it's true that just at that moment, Kelch shows up. He doesn't have a board but he's bleeding from the elbow. His shirt is filthy and his pants look like the ass has fallen out. His eyes are sunken and his hair is a rat's nest. Dude looks like he hasn't slept a wink for the past week but he's cool as a cucumber sauntering down the little 3 toward the fracas.

"What the fuck's going on? What the fuck's going on? Watch out padna. Watch out." 

He's holding a cigarette in one hand and in the other, inexplicably, a roll of duct tape, and the blood running down his forearm has dribbled a little onto it. I can't be the only one wondering just what the fuck is going to go down here.

Kelch makes his way through the little mob and gets up into the oldest rollerblader's face, sort of looks him up and down and breaks the tension by telling him he looks like he just got his ass beat. People laugh. The rollerbladers don't laugh. Kelch tells him he's probably about to get his ass beat if he doesn't leave and stay gone. One of the skaters wants blood and says so. Kelch says something about fighting a dude with wheels on his feet a pussy move. The rollerbladers leave. So Kelch 86'd some dudes but also saved their asses in the process.

TL;DR: Kelch shows up to Embarcadero looking like the white version of Bubbles from the Wire and saves the lives of a trio of rollerbladers.

mushroom slice

« Reply #457 on: May 24, 2021, 01:55:23 PM »
Moar plz

smackenzie

• Rep: 10
    • Blog avatar image
« Reply #458 on: May 24, 2021, 02:14:07 PM »
I enjoyed that tale Telethon. I could picture James perfectly.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #459 on: May 24, 2021, 03:28:05 PM »
Expand Quote

I ended up pissed and left calling him cheap greedy motherfucker or something like that. Then he called me and scowled "Okay, give me the 20 dollars".

[close]

This trip?

No, the other Brazil trip they all took in 1994...
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #460 on: May 24, 2021, 03:46:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This trip?

[close]

8)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #461 on: May 24, 2021, 06:43:38 PM »
I enjoyed that tale Telethon. I could picture James perfectly.

I could smell him
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

livin on a speyer

« Reply #462 on: May 25, 2021, 03:16:11 AM »
EMB locals were such dorks.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #463 on: May 26, 2021, 02:41:40 AM »
Embarcadero, Summer 1993

It's before noon but still an unusually slow day at the plaza when three rollerbladers suddenly appear and start doing whatever it is rollerbladers do. They're not coming close to where a few heads are gathered and sitting around on the little 3, but also aren't shying away from doing their thing where people are skating. A few insults are hurled in their direction from the people sitting down, but nothing that really gets their attention. I skate by the little 3 and get the sense that the hostility from the few EMB guys sitting there is starting to get serious, and it's pretty clear that while the rollerbladers have no doubt taken shit off skaters elsewhere, they aren't aware of how badly their day might go here if they don't move along.

I approach the oldest of the 3, who has a couple years on me. Tell him as diplomatically as possible that this is the kind of place where if people want you to leave, you'd be wise to do so, and that right now, people want him and his friends (younger brothers, it turns out) to leave. All I get is attitude. "Psh. I'm not fuckin' leaving" and he rolls away. As I watch him do so, it occurs to me that they really do look fucking stupid. Fine.

A few minutes pass with nothing really happening when the oldest one suddenly pulls a candle out of his backpack and, as rollerbladers tend(ed) to do, proceeds trying to pile on a thick layer of wax on the really blunted C-block (the one opposite the little 3 that a lot of people also did manual stuff on). Couple things about that:

- As anyone who skated there knows, the Embarcadero blocks had probably been waxed at some point, but nobody waxed them now. It wasn't done. Certainly not by bridge and tunnel dorks like my friends and me, and definitely not by rollerbladers. They didn't really need to be waxed anyway, but I don't think most people outside the EMB crew would squawk if someone were to run a candle over them once.

- Excluding obvious world ass famous landmarks like the Great Wall of China or whatever, this dude couldn't have known that he was fouling up what at that time may have been the most famous, stupid ledge in the world.

All hell breaks loose and what seemed like a relatively slow day at Embarcadero is now bearing witness to every kid in the place rushing these rollerbladers. Just like that, the 3 are surrounded by probably 12 dudes. I'm standing off to the side with some other people who don't want to get involved, and I can see from the oldest rollerblader's face that he has definitely lost his fuck you attitude now. He's getting shoved in every direction before a fist is thrown and his head jolts back and back up with blood running out of his nose. He looks fucking terrified.

This is straight out of some stupid melodramatic script, but it's true that just at that moment, Kelch shows up. He doesn't have a board but he's bleeding from the elbow. His shirt is filthy and his pants look like the ass has fallen out. His eyes are sunken and his hair is a rat's nest. Dude looks like he hasn't slept a wink for the past week but he's cool as a cucumber sauntering down the little 3 toward the fracas.

"What the fuck's going on? What the fuck's going on? Watch out padna. Watch out." 

He's holding a cigarette in one hand and in the other, inexplicably, a roll of duct tape, and the blood running down his forearm has dribbled a little onto it. I can't be the only one wondering just what the fuck is going to go down here.

Kelch makes his way through the little mob and gets up into the oldest rollerblader's face, sort of looks him up and down and breaks the tension by telling him he looks like he just got his ass beat. People laugh. The rollerbladers don't laugh. Kelch tells him he's probably about to get his ass beat if he doesn't leave and stay gone. One of the skaters wants blood and says so. Kelch says something about fighting a dude with wheels on his feet a pussy move. The rollerbladers leave. So Kelch 86'd some dudes but also saved their asses in the process.

TL;DR: Kelch shows up to Embarcadero looking like the white version of Bubbles from the Wire and saves the lives of a trio of rollerbladers.

This is one of the lamest things I've ever heard about. I wasn't skating in the 90's but all I hear about is how they were the complete losers of society and constantly got bullied and beaten up, while simultaneously hanging around in gangs bullying other skaters for not being as 'cool' as them. Sounds like a huge irony. Was it just projection to give themselves a chance to feel like the tough guys for once, rather than the geeks who got laughed at and shoved around for wearing 44 inch purple jeans? When I started skating it was right on the tail end of skaters getting bullied / threatened by tough guy types but all the gang hierarchy bullshit seemed to have disappeared by then.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #464 on: May 26, 2021, 05:25:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Embarcadero, Summer 1993

[close]

This is one of the lamest things I've ever heard about. I wasn't skating in the 90's but all I hear about is how they were the complete losers of society and constantly got bullied and beaten up, while simultaneously hanging around in gangs bullying other skaters for not being as 'cool' as them. Sounds like a huge irony. Was it just projection to give themselves a chance to feel like the tough guys for once, rather than the geeks who got laughed at and shoved around for wearing 44 inch purple jeans? When I started skating it was right on the tail end of skaters getting bullied / threatened by tough guy types but all the gang hierarchy bullshit seemed to have disappeared by then.

Hard agree
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #465 on: May 26, 2021, 05:36:20 AM »
the 90's sucked.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 82
« Reply #466 on: May 26, 2021, 06:43:20 AM »
That cooler than thou attitude sucks all around.

fortunecattlesteakhouse

• Rep: 91
« Reply #467 on: May 26, 2021, 07:12:18 AM »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #468 on: May 26, 2021, 07:15:19 AM »
the 90's sucked.

Personally, I miss wearing JNCOs getting called "f*gg*t" multiple times a day.

On the real though, we are always friends with rollerbladers in the 90s. Fellow "losers". Also, none of us could afford real JNCOs and wore Paco instead (which also had the benefit of tapered leg openings).

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #469 on: May 26, 2021, 07:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
the 90's sucked.
[close]

On the real though, we are always friends with rollerbladers in the 90s. Fellow "losers". Also, none of us could afford real JNCOs and wore Paco instead (which also had the benefit of tapered leg openings).

You didn’t spring for the Lee Pipes instead?
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #470 on: May 26, 2021, 07:33:20 AM »
Nobody I knew wore jncos or big stupid pipe pants. Those were for rollerbladers and weird kids that listened to 311 and korn. Baggy levis, miller’s outpost, bdus, yes.

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #471 on: May 26, 2021, 07:47:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I ended up pissed and left calling him cheap greedy motherfucker or something like that.
Then he called me and scowled "Okay, give me the 20 dollars".

[close]

You sure it's not the other way round?
[close]
Those damn greedy brazilians! >:-( they’re lucky Jake didn’t call them a slur
[close]

Lol yeah what the fuck?

One time Ben Gore helped me find the perfect fit in a pair of vans slip ons in FTC after checking for a size 9 in like 4 different kinds of shoes (they didn't have anything I was after!). Not weird at all and in fact, he was actively making it less awkward by cracking little jokes. Good guy!
[close]

Man the one time I ever went to FTC I got cool guyed so hard and the dude tried to charge me $80 for an FA deck. Just the deck. Really soured my view on that shop.

I went to the FTC in Barcelona about 10 years ago and asked the guy how to get to MACBA and he said it was close enough to his lunch that he could close up the shop and just take my brother and I over there. He showed us a few good food spots on the way too. I went to the FTC in SF a few years later and the people there were pretty normal. I don’t think I’ve ever really gotten cooled guyed at a shop but maybe I have and just didn’t notice.

More on topic, one time at the old LES park I saw an older guy show up wearing a half zip soccer short sleeve shirt that was like skin tight zipped up like a turtle neck with neon yellow sweat pants that said “Feelin It!” down the leg who cruised in and immediately ate shit super hard trying to boardslide the down rail. He got up and rode over to the side I was on and I realized it was the Gonz. It was like seeing big foot in the wild.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #472 on: May 26, 2021, 07:54:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the 90's sucked.
[close]

[close]

You didn’t spring for the Lee Pipes instead?

Didn't even know those were a thing. We all wore the Pacos because they always had them at Value City (discount/irregular clothing store chain) for cheap and the logos were all kind of meant to look like Polo from a distance.

Johnny Lawrence

• Rep: 39
  • No Mercy
« Reply #473 on: May 26, 2021, 08:34:38 AM »
Embarcadero, Summer 1993

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 62
« Reply #474 on: May 26, 2021, 10:34:03 AM »
the 90's sucked.

Is that to say that you're opposed to the idea of a "Minnick II Society" reissue?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #475 on: May 27, 2021, 02:02:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This trip?

[close]

8)
[close]
This might be the most Julien Stranger footage assembled together in one place
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

what is wrong with you

• Rep: 10
« Reply #476 on: September 29, 2021, 12:18:52 AM »
I saw Eric Koston at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -276
« Reply #477 on: September 29, 2021, 04:17:00 AM »
I saw Eric Koston at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

You 100% stole this story - possibly from these boards themselves, I’m certain I’ve read this here.

I got pissed randomly at a pub with Naverette - we both laughed at Al Parts getting the boot for being a pest.

T4T

• Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2021, 05:22:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You 100% stole this story - possibly from these boards themselves, I’m certain I’ve read this here.

I got pissed randomly at a pub with Naverette - we both laughed at Al Parts getting the boot for being a pest.

I saw Eric Koston a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Koston trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly

schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 289
« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2021, 06:30:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
I saw Eric Koston a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Koston trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly
[close]

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=113792