Author Topic: Al Davis on scumbag?  (Read 62542 times)

georgethecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
Re: Al Davis on scumbag?
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2021, 01:27:08 PM »
sorry i was overcome by class rage

edit: i was totally projecting and conflating what armin was saying with the outlook and attitudes of every ~20 year old person who moves to my area and jacks my rent up. it wasn’t correct and i apologize.

that being said i think this still cause for deeper nuance then “lol what even ARE men” or whatever. at no point was i backing al or his behavior- simply saying that the machismo that’s endemic in the west is not gonna be undone with snotty sloganeering. i also at no point said the victim behaved or acted incorrectly and i think they should take whatever route they think will deliver them the most peace of mind. i’m just saying if you want to actually fix the problem it’s going to take more than stating the obvious (sexual assault is wrong) over and over.

Thanks for apologizing that the price of rent somehow managed to keep you from sympathizing with victims of sexual assault. I also thought it was neat when you accused those who do openly sympathize with them of "snotty sloganeering" and then went on to claim you're against talking about it at all because it's not solution-oriented, while not offering any solutions yourself.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:34:19 PM by georgethecat »

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2021, 10:02:22 PM »

edit: i was totally projecting and conflating what armin was saying with the outlook and attitudes of every ~20 year old person who moves to my area and jacks my rent up. it wasn’t correct and i apologize.

It was more than not correct, it was pretty offensive.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2021, 10:09:01 PM »
Expand Quote

that being said i think this still cause for deeper nuance then “lol what even ARE men” or whatever. at no point was i backing al or his behavior- simply saying that the machismo that’s endemic in the west is not gonna be undone with snotty sloganeering. i also at no point said the victim behaved or acted incorrectly and i think they should take whatever route they think will deliver them the most peace of mind. i’m just saying if you want to actually fix the problem it’s going to take more than stating the obvious (sexual assault is wrong) over and over.
[close]

Thanks for apologizing that the price of rent somehow managed to keep you from sympathizing with victims of sexual assault. I also thought it was neat when you accused those who do openly sympathize with them of "snotty sloganeering" and then went on to claim you're against talking about it at all because it's not solution-oriented, while not offering any solutions yourself.
Also too, victims of sexual assault and rape would like to be heard and taken seriously first before talks about "solutions" can even begin.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2021, 05:22:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hey, fuck you cause this did not happen. you don’t know my experiences w/r/t sexual assault and at no point was i victim blaming- you’re just looking for a reason to be mad because i think what armin’s doing is unproductive in actually fighting rape culture/patriarchy.

as someone who grew up in an environment that propagated a lot of unhealthy attitudes towards women i will say it took a lot of patient people time to teach me why these attitudes were bad and help me see other perspectives. undoing what capitalism has done to us is going to take patience and the belief that people (men included) are capable of changing.

there’s already people doing prison outreach and the like- if there was a way to do it on the day to day i’d be first in line to assist but i honestly don’t have a solution other than “let’s try to see people as capable of change and not inhuman monsters that we just hope go away” because that doesn’t fix the root causes of this disgusting fucked up behavior, seen?

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2021, 08:12:29 AM »
Hey so, I keep getting my name thrown around with things I never said and never suggested.

i honestly don’t have a solution other than “let’s try to see people as capable of change and not inhuman monsters that we just hope go away” because that doesn’t fix the root causes of this disgusting fucked up behavior, seen?

This particular conclusion is very troubling. I never entertained the thought of whether rapists are capable of change or even monstrous individuals. Like many arguments you have assumed I am making - but am explicitly not - it is simply not my interest.

All I have argued & suggested - over and over again - is that rape and abuse is purely the responsibility of rapists and abusers. To me, this is the only essential argument to solving the problem of rape and abuse. Everything else is secondary at best. This has nothing to do with rape culture; this has nothing to do with patriarchy; those are distracting terms that get used as red herrings.

The reason why my argument is so specific, is because here and in any community of skaters (to think small) the responsibility for rape and abuse is never accepted; it always devolves into a gossip party about how kids are ruining the world and survivors are apparently very bad at dealing with a trauma that we haven't experienced.

Again: my only argument is and will always remain the argument that rapists and abusers are solely responsible for rape and abuse. I find it really puzzling why this continues to trigger you, and why you continue to project onto me and the imaginary bubble of quote-unquote 'individuals like me' when you have no knowledge of my age, background, life experiences - etc.

I would not project like that onto you or anyone I was arguing with because it is both a waste of time and an admission of not having anything of value to say.

Now I will try to bring it all home, because I'm tired.

Prioritizing the need for people - any person - to unlearn harmful behaviors that enable rape and abuse will always be futile if the full responsibility for rape and abuse is never established. It's like trying to teach someone to drive on the highway before they can drive on the neighborhood roads.

In my opinion, you do not know how to drive on the neighborhood roads, but are trying to have a showdown with me on the highway. If you need me, I'll be back on the small streets trying to stick to the basics.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2021, 08:22:58 AM »
ALSO pardon the double post but let me make this clear:

I'm stupid, I'm flawed, I'm a bitch, I'm mentally ill, I'm unstable, I'm often wrong, I have many mistakes I've needed to correct, I have many regrets I'll need to live with for my whole life, I'm a nervous person, I suck at many things, I don't have all the answers, and I don't even think I have many answers.

None of these things contradict having a point to make. I'm not better than you and I'm not better than anyone. I'm not wise. I just have feelings and I'm gonna fucking let them speak for themselves.

Shalom.

TheDingus

« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2021, 09:24:03 AM »

I'm stupid, I'm flawed, I'm a bitch, I'm mentally ill, I'm unstable, I'm often wrong, I have many mistakes I've needed to correct, I have many regrets I'll need to live with for my whole life, I'm a nervous person, I suck at many things, I don't have all the answers, and I don't even think I have many answers.

None of these things contradict having a point to make. I'm not better than you and I'm not better than anyone. I'm not wise. I just have feelings and I'm gonna fucking let them speak for themselves.

Shalom.

I’m on team Armin.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2021, 09:33:46 AM »
Expand Quote

Shalom.
[close]

I’m on team Armin.
Right?!?
I mean, I want this discussion to continue for all kinds of reasons, but I kinda feel like [/thread] after that, ya’ know?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2021, 09:48:07 AM »
Expand Quote

Shalom.
[close]

I’m on team Armin.
IG: @flowterspace

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2021, 10:07:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Also too, victims of sexual assault and rape would like to be heard and taken seriously first before talks about "solutions" can even begin.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2021, 11:42:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
LOL my dude

First off: you'll notice I've made no defense of survivors posting their story on the internet, and I have no stake in the argument about whether going to the cops is the better way. I'm not interested in that debate. You curiously have assumed I'm making an argument that I have not made.

So let me make this plain.

In order to solve the problem we need to identify the problem:

The problem is rapists.

The problem is abusers.

The problem will never be solved by what survivors do with their case. This is because they didn't cause the problem in the first place. Put simplest: they are not the problem.

It doesn't require any imagination to get to this conclusion.

I'm not pretending to know better. I'm just not being an ass. It's very easy.

If you really think it takes a force of imagination to see what the solution to rape and abuse is, well my friend you are fucking heartless.

The only solution to this problem is for rapists and abusers to .... hmmm ... not rape and abuse.

I know it's radical, perhaps unimaginable - take your time.

Lastly: the reason why it's such a shameful waste of time to critique survivors is cause it's not the fucking point. Survivors always get pinned with the responsibility of getting RAPED and ABUSED. The conversation becomes one of what a survivor ought to do with their story, and never a conversation of what the fuck actually went wrong.

Sit with that. I know you won't, but I'll still ask you to.

Patriarchy has nothing to do with this by the way. That's laughably not the point. Shows where your head's at but I digress.

Anyway suck my shriveled sack, full offense
[close]
^^^Pretty much sums it up.
Also, let me add this, to emphasize my agreement:
!!!
[close]

One more time for the people in the back.

And a fourth time for anyone who still missed it.

applejuice

• Rep: 10
« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2021, 08:48:05 PM »
So is Converse just going to pretend like this never happened and keep Al on the team?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2021, 09:43:33 PM »
So is Converse just going to pretend like this never happened and keep Al on the team?
Or maybe they’ll pretend like this never happened and quietly drop him, hoping nobody beyond SLAP (and the victims) pays notice.
I’m not putting much stock in a public statement on their part.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

#SaveIpath

• Rep: -2
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2021, 10:59:35 PM »
Expand Quote
"R*pe" haha. Sorry i can't take someone seriously who talks like this. It's too hip for something as serious as rape . makes it look insincere .
[close]

People type it that way because Instagram sometimes removes stories and posts with “rape” written in full. Also, it’s sad that’s all you took away from this post, and can disregard something so serious over something as insignificant as spelling. Not saying he’s guilty, I’m just saying don’t disregard an accusation like that over something so trivial.

Some of y’all are so certain about Nyjah being a rapist when his accuser calls him out on Twitter, but when it’s a “cool guy” like Al everyone all the sudden wants to deny it, because the girl spoke out on Instagram.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2021, 06:57:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Or maybe they’ll pretend like this never happened and quietly drop him, hoping nobody beyond SLAP (and the victims) pays notice.
I’m not putting much stock in a public statement on their part.
converse is 100% not going to say anything because they probably can’t terminate his contract immediately and they definitely don’t want to open themselves up to a libel suit. if he’s not on the team page, that’s the most anyone’s gonna get

Nyjahsnanny

• Rep: -20
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2021, 08:20:05 AM »
Do people still wear his cousin records stuff or whatever it is?

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2021, 10:38:31 AM »
Do people still wear his cousin records stuff or whatever it is?

i look at mine in shame all the time now

i want a refund

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2021, 02:06:51 PM »
Has Al released any kind of public statement regarding all this? I haven't been paying 100% attention. The rule is: "you have 24 hours before the public controls the narrative" isn't it?

There's enough evidence out there for never back anything he does again but I'd like to see a statement of some kind.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 681
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2021, 05:33:17 PM »
its crazy that people bought that scifi ripoff 'cousin' shit to begin with. shit was designed on MS Piaint and printed on gilden tees. marked up 600%

also i didnnt know dude was 44 hahah keep it movin ya comedy store secuity geezer.

Also: dela is equally insufferable as a human. i dont give a shit what anyone can do on a skateboard, some people just suck at existing. especially when drunk 247. and habitat is fucking done but i doubt anyone else is willing to deal with him.

bunch of 40 somethings pretending to be 19 drinking fucking budlight at skatespots and yelling LETSGOO. give it up.

free max b

free max b

FREE MAX B

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2021, 06:09:24 PM »
its crazy that people bought that scifi ripoff 'cousin' shit to begin with. shit was designed on MS Piaint and printed on gilden tees. marked up 600%

also i didnnt know dude was 44 hahah keep it movin ya comedy store secuity geezer.

Also: dela is equally insufferable as a human. i dont give a shit what anyone can do on a skateboard, some people just suck at existing. especially when drunk 247. and habitat is fucking done but i doubt anyone else is willing to deal with him.

bunch of 40 somethings pretending to be 19 drinking fucking budlight at skatespots and yelling LETSGOO. give it up.

free max b

free max b

really disturbing thinking now about how a few women posted on their stories a while back thanking cousin records for the package sent to them consisting of sweaters & shirts.

can’t forget how dela was part of the black rock incident.

some of the comments on the cons post are from those who’ve had personal experiences with him. one comment says al & yonnie cruz both abused his sister when she was 17. seriously, what the fuck is up with that crew?

another comment says it happened to her, her friend and multiple others, and that al contacts women in barcelona, sf, ohio, australia & new york. (sending them packages as well, perhaps?)

trash.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2021, 07:41:15 PM »

free max b

free max b

Worse

Russell.

Dude blocked everyone who connected on that cons post. If that isn't guilty IDK what is

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2021, 01:02:31 AM »
Still weird to see Pals_Questions supportive comment on there.  Also “funny” to see @Spacetravelisboring defending al

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2021, 02:35:53 AM »
Still weird to see Pals_Questions supportive comment on there.  Also “funny” to see @Spacetravelisboring defending al
Damn, i just checked the comments for the first time. It's pretty brutal. Converse really just ignoring all that? Their marketing team is as shitty as their shoes
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2021, 02:42:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Damn, i just checked the comments for the first time. It's pretty brutal. Converse really just ignoring all that? Their marketing team is as shitty as their shoes

What post are you referring to ? Can you link me
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2021, 03:07:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Here's the link, and screenshots. The screenshots are scrollshots, so the thumbnail only shows the top of each. There's heeeeeaaaps of comments.

If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2021, 03:25:54 AM »

Shalom.

Man, Armin, you spoke to me. Went on a sweet hypomanic ride that turned to severe depression. It's like you you are speaking my mind.

Always dug his skating but this is pretty unsavory. Always pictured him and Dela as chill dudes. I need to quit making stories in my head about people I don't know
The chillest1

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2021, 03:41:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Here's the link, and screenshots. The screenshots are scrollshots, so the thumbnail only shows the top of each. There's heeeeeaaaps of comments.

Dam

Bad bad baaaaaaad
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2021, 05:21:00 AM »
No surprise there. What's his handle on IG?

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2021, 07:22:04 AM »
People are fighting the wars with fucking sycophants of rape on that post, I can only imagine how exhausting that is. But they still find a way to say the funniest shit, so I really just want to highlight the following quote from one of the comments:

"Oh and his generic flea market hotep granny art is whack as fuck too. Nobody wants to see that shit"

I love all of you, even the ones I hate

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2021, 07:43:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
No surprise there. What's his handle on IG?

It’s also Spacetravelisboring.  He’s replied to several people with variations of “how do you know for sure”