Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2021 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 204531 times)

Carter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2021, 08:09:30 AM »
Expand Quote
anyone know is business and company have the more squares shovel nose shape or more pointy? thinking of trying one out since the wknd 8.25 ct hasn't been in stock for a minute
[close]

it's very similar to the 8.25 CT
thanks bud!

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2021, 10:06:32 AM »
god poster
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2021, 10:31:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone know is business and company have the more squares shovel nose shape or more pointy? thinking of trying one out since the wknd 8.25 ct hasn't been in stock for a minute
[close]

it's very similar to the 8.25 CT
[close]
thanks bud!

To follow up: how’d it be on ventures? Haven’t seen that ct shape available for a bit....iso short, short wb, ventures compatible.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2021, 10:52:13 AM »
Re: Hopps, I emailed them in 2019 and was told that All Hopps decks are bonded at out their warehouse on Long Island, NY but are on Generator wood. Traffic, Isle, Magenta and Theories decks are also all bonded on generator wood.  But then I bought the Jahmal Williams Dreamer deck, and saw this stamped.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2021, 03:08:57 PM »
@Mbrimson88 thanks for updating and reorganizing the list. It’s a god send. Any chance you used to be on the MAS board before? Think I recognize your user name.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2021, 03:51:06 PM »
Re: Hopps, I emailed them in 2019 and was told that All Hopps decks are bonded at out their warehouse on Long Island, NY but are on Generator wood. Traffic, Isle, Magenta and Theories decks are also all bonded on generator wood.  But then I bought the Jahmal Williams Dreamer deck, and saw this stamped.

Bought a few Fancy Lad decks and they are stamped
7 C. Are these clutch blanks being screened at Chapman?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »
Any know what the deal is with DLX price points (e.g. the Antihero 'Copier Eagle' boards). Are they BBS too? And if so, are they just made different?
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2021, 06:56:24 PM »
Any know what the deal is with DLX price points (e.g. the Antihero 'Copier Eagle' boards). Are they BBS too? And if so, are they just made different?

why do the krroked $40 decks with eyeballs all over print suck so much?

The shape is good but it just feels so hollow. I bought 2, the first one lost pop so quick, im sure the 2nd will as well.

As said in the other thread, they are the pricepoint decks, which are a cheaper version of the same shapes and concaves, all DLX seem to be the same be it Krooked, Antihero or Real (renewal) decks.  Made by BBS still, but way different in how they hold up, from how long they last to how easily they break, when compared to pro wood.

I have found that the ones that have all natural ply layers often just do not hold up compared to even the ones with the one top colour, so for anyone who goes hard on their board, or breaks boards, I would stay with the pro wood and not the pricepoint decks.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2021, 07:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Bought a few Fancy Lad decks and they are stamped
7 C. Are these clutch blanks being screened at Chapman?

That stamp is Clutch, and it would seem that Clutch has been supplying most second tier brands and distributors (and even other woodshops) who put graphic heat transfers on boards that used to come from / now could not get wood from BBS / Generator during the shortages with the pandemic.

I will amend the listings accordingly with * 2021 for those brands.

Thanks for the info. :)

SHHHH,ITSDONE

• Rep: -8
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2021, 10:11:43 PM »
YES! RESPECT!
...now any feedback, info, on quality of boards from said mfgs. would be the icing; like wood source, glues/epoxy, stiffness, pop/durability, warpage, concaves, press style, etc..

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2021, 03:15:32 AM »
All info now up to date as far as I can tell, lists sorted, etc.

Brands that seem to be in a few places / shops / countries I don't know about that I can see on some shop sites:

Visual

Colours Collectiv (which also has carbon top, so I am thinking Dwindle / Excel China for wood)

https://concrete-visionary.com/product/colours-collectiv-rocket-girl-carbon-fiber-skateboard-deck/

https://super-shop.com/i269447-colours-collectiv-kelvin-hoefler-deck-yamada-crossing-borders

ATM

Beer City Skateboards

Vision (reissues)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2021, 06:48:48 PM »
I'm wondering, has anybody ridden a cafe deck?

I like the graphics a lot, but curious about the shape.

Looked some up as I don't recall the name, but they come up as Skateboard Cafe and are said to be pressed by Dwindle and seem to be fairly standard shapes and sizes.

This shop has really good views, both top and bottom in clear detail:

https://www.slamcity.com/collections/skateboard-cafe

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2021, 07:28:11 PM »
Some notes.

Finesse is done by progress dist, which I think gets their wood from China. I asked progress what wood they use and didn’t get a response.

Other notable brands from progress are roller horror, Willy workshop

Also,

Drifter, legend & AD are smaller us skateboard mfg that can be added to to the list. Legend makes h street and plan b reissues. Drifters biggest brand i think is moonshine

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2021, 08:02:25 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm wondering, has anybody ridden a cafe deck?

I like the graphics a lot, but curious about the shape.
[close]

Looked some up as I don't recall the name, but they come up as Skateboard Cafe and are said to be pressed by Dwindle and seem to be fairly standard shapes and sizes.

This shop has really good views, both top and bottom in clear detail:

https://www.slamcity.com/collections/skateboard-cafe

been searching for wb on their 8.75 shape with no luck. being that its dwindle id hope its the same as the creature stumps/sc boats but i could be horribly wrong.

never seen one in the wild cause i would definitely just measure it myself
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2021, 11:51:55 PM »
My Cafe last summer was definitely hlc. 14.2 wheelbase on 8.75

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2021, 06:51:38 AM »

Setting up this Real Skate Shop now.  Saw the heat transfer was cracked straight down the middle from nose to tail. Felt it and there's a depression an inch wide as well. Roman Numeral skate within sticker. No corrupted ply of course. 44 bucks I didn't expect much. The 8.25 is wider than the 8.5 which is funny.  Will check the krooked price point next time because I'm pretty sure it has a stained bottom ply.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2021, 07:33:44 AM »

Setting up this Real Skate Shop now.  Saw the heat transfer was cracked straight down the middle from nose to tail. Felt it and there's a depression an inch wide as well. Roman Numeral skate within sticker. No corrupted ply of course. 44 bucks I didn't expect much. The 8.25 is wider than the 8.5 which is funny.  Will check the krooked price point next time because I'm pretty sure it has a stained bottom ply.

Tbh I'd skip the krooked pp and get a tactics shop deck or something instead. I rode a pp deck late last year and setup a tactics one recently and there's a significant difference in quality.

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2021, 07:46:57 AM »
I just finished skating the second of two Primitive decks I bought late last year. A PRod and a Spencer Hamilton. Both had made in China stickers. Anyone know what shop? For the record both were excellent decks and stayed poppy for a good length of time.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2021, 04:37:53 PM »
I just finished skating the second of two Primitive decks I bought late last year. A PRod and a Spencer Hamilton. Both had made in China stickers. Anyone know what shop? For the record both were excellent decks and stayed poppy for a good length of time.

Where are you?

US and here in AU seem to be BBS, but EU seems to be something else (China) but I haven't seen pics or anything else.

I am thinking it could be the same as the newer Girl / Chocolate woodshop now, as they seem to be making good boards, certainly different to a couple of other woodshops from China that seem to have terrible concave and shapes.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2021, 08:46:12 PM »
Been looking at some primitive decks as well. Mostly the 8.0's but I kind of want to hold out to see if a 7.8 will show up in a drop or hopefully a Rodrigo announcement? , as they have put them out before. Sucks because of the resellers it's hard to find one just to ride, I don't want Goku on my fucking wall.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2021, 06:04:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where are you?

US and here in AU seem to be BBS, but EU seems to be something else (China) but I haven't seen pics or anything else.

I am thinking it could be the same as the newer Girl / Chocolate woodshop now, as they seem to be making good boards, certainly different to a couple of other woodshops from China that seem to have terrible concave and shapes.

I’m in the US. I ordered the boards directly from Primitive. Off topic -- the free Primitive grip with the flag cutout was great. I’d skate it all the time if I could.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 08:50:26 AM by FredGallsBallz »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2021, 10:29:40 AM »
Been looking at some primitive decks as well. Mostly the 8.0's but I kind of want to hold out to see if a 7.8 will show up in a drop or hopefully a Rodrigo announcement? , as they have put them out before. Sucks because of the resellers it's hard to find one just to ride, I don't want Goku on my fucking wall.
TX on Primitive? That would be sick
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 88
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2021, 01:12:08 AM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2021, 07:34:00 AM »
Sick....I almost bought a Yeah Dude because I thought it was BBS.....

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2021, 08:45:59 AM »
My Cafe last summer was definitely hlc. 14.2 wheelbase on 8.75

Thank you - changed in the list.

Another one from Watson.

Thank you - added to the list.

Some notes.

Finesse is done by progress dist, which I think gets their wood from China. I asked progress what wood they use and didn’t get a response.

Other notable brands from progress are roller horror, Willy workshop

Also,

Drifter, legend & AD are smaller us skateboard mfg that can be added to to the list. Legend makes h street and plan b reissues. Drifters biggest brand i think is moonshine

Thank you!

I have updated some others I have heard of or seen recently, but I think there are still some I am yet to find or add.  The interesting thing too is that some boards seem to have generic sizes laser printed and no manufacturing info which appear to be from somewhere in China, but as yet, no one wants to say where they are from, so I feel like adding a line with something like this:

Unknown / China:
Finesse
Roller Horror
Willys Workshop

Brands that seem to be in a few places / shops / countries I don't know about that I can see on some shop sites:

Visual
Colours Collectiv (which also has carbon top, so I am thinking Dwindle / Excel China for wood)
ATM
Beer City Skateboards
Vision (reissues)

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2021, 09:42:35 AM »
For what it’s worth

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2021, 05:30:38 PM »
For what it’s worth

BBS and others is a good answer.

Puts them in the "good woodshop" category, but with covid maybe they got their supply stopped like many other brands.

Thank you!

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2021, 03:58:42 PM »
Can someone tell me what woodshop this is from? It's a Pizza deck, ordered it expecting the same shape and dims as the Quasi/WKND shape i usually ride, because the measurements on the website are the same and the description says PS Stix but the measurements don't match up and this is not the usual PS top ply laser etching.

Cheers

Edit: just scrolled up and saw the HOPPS board with same stamp and sticker. Guess you can add Pizza to the list of companies using Clutch, or add PS Stix to the list of companies subcontracting to Clutch. Lame.

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2021, 07:04:33 PM »

Vision (reissues)

They (allegedly) make their own boards in Costa Mesa, still. Along with Schmitt Stix, Hosoi, Elephant, Honey (longboards) and a couple others. I wish they would go back to silk screening.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2021, 07:15:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Where are you?

[close]

I’m in the US. I ordered the boards directly from Primitive. Off topic -- the free Primitive grip with the flag cutout was great. I’d skate it all the time if I could.

One of My locals has a whole stack of primitive decks and completes. All logo boards that say made in China.