Author Topic: Toy Machine - Vaccine  (Read 18210 times)

stephop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
Re: Toy Machine - Vaccine
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2021, 03:14:03 PM »
Dashawn and that rail killer fucked shit up. That kid did massive rails and that's not even what I really like to watch. Really liked the front side flip up the stairs at the spot where people do tricks into the wheelchair bump
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 04:00:21 PM by stephop »

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2021, 03:41:50 PM »
How is Leo Romero still skating big rails at that level? 

Really enjoyed this video and I feel hopeful for the future of Toy Machine. 

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 31
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2021, 04:16:15 PM »
That video was so good

JPeterman

• Rep: 4
  • It'll always be Myanmar to me
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2021, 04:20:11 PM »
I feel as though is the first video in a while has had the riders names. I appreciate that.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2021, 04:21:34 PM »
I feel as though is the first video in a while has had the riders names. I appreciate that.

Quasi video a week ago.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2021, 04:24:25 PM »
Dashawn's part was pure insanity, the fs flip up the stairs!!!!
The song didn't do him any favors, I'm guessing they were going for nostalgia / tie-back to trapasso with the AZ connection but it didn't really work. The soundtrack overall was very strange

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2021, 05:25:50 PM »
I like Dashawn on Toy Machine. Lots of wild tricks in his part too.

Never heard of Braden before, but he was ripping! Myles footage is always cool too.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2021, 05:26:52 PM »
Damn, that video was rad. Dashawn killed it.

Not sure about the animations/graphics though, they felt too clean and well done for Toy.  They looked great, but it was like watching the new simpsons vs the old simpsons. It’s just not the same.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1293
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2021, 06:13:43 PM »
How is Leo Romero still skating big rails at that level? 

Really enjoyed this video and I feel hopeful for the future of Toy Machine.
I've personally seen leo fuck up ledges at a spot and at skateparks around where I grew up. Dude should seriously transition into filming that more. Dude takes 2 more pushes than necessary at ledges. Fastest switch back tail i've witnessed.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2021, 06:20:06 PM »
i don't know what is going on in this thread with all the negative comments. this was a great clip, perfect length, editing was sick, titles and weird quotes were great, flow kids skating to just pulsating noise was amazing. dashawn did not have a single "whatever" clip in his whole part, bangers only, and he's smooth as shit. the ladies had some crazy shit in here too, can't wait to see more from them. blake carpenter is dependable and the new kid Braden had some serious mind melters. that japanese hoody kid did a hardflip down like 17 stairs or something.

I know it's easy to just be like "old company bad" but lets try a little harder you weirdos.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2021, 06:38:53 PM »
i don't know what is going on in this thread with all the negative comments. this was a great clip, perfect length, editing was sick, titles and weird quotes were great, flow kids skating to just pulsating noise was amazing. dashawn did not have a single "whatever" clip in his whole part, bangers only, and he's smooth as shit. the ladies had some crazy shit in here too, can't wait to see more from them. blake carpenter is dependable and the new kid Braden had some serious mind melters. that japanese hoody kid did a hardflip down like 17 stairs or something.

I know it's easy to just be like "old company bad" but lets try a little harder you weirdos.

Agree with all this and the double loop 5050

The video treads on here are annoying now. Rather listen to the nine club guys break down the spots and share some stoke

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2021, 07:14:27 PM »
Red Bull beanie

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2021, 07:22:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Surprised toy only has 40 subs on yt. Zero has over 20k.
[close]
this is like the first thing they ever posted i think

kinda weird to drop a video with very little promotion on a channel that doesnt quite get used

Maybe they realized that Thrasher is a middle man and they need to build their own following.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2021, 07:24:39 PM »
It's Sinclair's company....

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2021, 08:25:00 PM »
That shit was impossible to hate.  Awesome vid.  Toy machine remains sick as shit.

where is home?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2021, 09:23:03 PM »
Toy is going the way of Flip, Enjoi and other board brands where they’ve strayed away from their foundational team identity and just started adding based off of overall talent rather than all around style.   Also, I feel bad for Braden Hoban because that is a name no one should have that isn’t 16 and that he’s that talented but won’t be doing better financially for a bit than a Tum Yeto and an Emerica paycheck. 

And Dashawn needs to lay off the hats because that bald head really pulls focus on the few clips it was out.   It’s not getting enough sun.   (If this is a medical issue, I sincerely apologize, but based on his board graphic I don’t think it is)

music critic

• Rep: 0
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2021, 09:35:41 PM »
This feels the same as Alien 2.0 except toy never went out of business.  Chasing the old aesthetic with a team like the current one just feels so heartless.  That being said, I really enjoyed dashawns part besides the trick that shall not be named. I'm almost upset with myself that braden's part did nothing for me.  Some obvious stand outs (massive kink rail, kickflip 5-0) but overall its incredible and also overwhelming how good unknown kids are these days.

Sinclair to toy is soon to be Scuba to skate mental.

P.S. Leo still has it

assvogel

• Rep: 202
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2021, 12:16:57 AM »
Can't sign on the Toy Machine hate either. I think there's always a place for the bloodsucking skateboard company on the shelves and Toy has been doing their own thing since for ever.

Of course Jump off A Building and Welcome to Hell are classics and it's pretty hard to replicate that in 2021 as what comes today is forgotten by next week and there's only couple videos that will make a lasting impact on skateboarding like those two did. But even then Toy Machine was the company had that had the new talent and when they bailed (and that happened before Welcome to hell too), the team got rebuild and the company continues and now there's people who been on for over ten years in addition to new rippers.

Enjoyed the video and really liked that there was a flow-part too. I get if people didn't like hearing two Ian Mackaye bands, but I think Toy Machine is akin to Dischord, so I think it fits.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2021, 12:45:08 AM »
remember when toy machine released a board with graphics done by a man who had recently been charged 18 times including rape, grievous bodily harm and drug possession, and instead of recalling the boards, all they did was take down the instagram post? haha yeah toy is so sick

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2021, 01:59:31 AM »
Can't sign on the Toy Machine hate either. I think there's always a place for the bloodsucking skateboard company on the shelves and Toy has been doing their own thing since for ever.

Of course Jump off A Building and Welcome to Hell are classics and it's pretty hard to replicate that in 2021 as what comes today is forgotten by next week and there's only couple videos that will make a lasting impact on skateboarding like those two did. But even then Toy Machine was the company had that had the new talent and when they bailed (and that happened before Welcome to hell too), the team got rebuild and the company continues and now there's people who been on for over ten years in addition to new rippers.

Enjoyed the video and really liked that there was a flow-part too. I get if people didn't like hearing two Ian Mackaye bands, but I think Toy Machine is akin to Dischord, so I think it fits.

Toy is one of the all time greats.

Look idiots on here will complain because it's the cool thing to do if your company is a legacy company.

It's either they change too much..... Change too little....

Or else the current video isn't like old video..... That was released 20 years ago.... Filmed on VX and edited on some two bit hacked together old mac.

At the end of the day the pal group think on here doesn't reflect what normal skaters think. So I wouldn't worry about it.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2021, 02:03:46 AM »
Toy Machine is in my opinion the company who has had the most longevity without ever really going into kook territory - The animations was very teenage-appealing, but I think I might just begin to be an elderly fart!

This format is great for the YouTube era - really happy to see it, and now I'm a fan of Dashawn and Braden (also we got that super loop gif! I hope it is okay if I snatch it for my signature <3 - great job!)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2021, 02:47:26 AM »
It was a good video - but it’s not that Toy Machine because Ed’s basically ceded control of it so it’s just a place to stick riders rather than a cultivated team.  It’s lasted so long because the original logos are so iconic that you can milk the fists, the two monster logos, devil cat et al for another decade

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2021, 05:31:29 AM »
Man i love Dischord records

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2021, 05:33:47 AM »
Dashawn works fine on Toy for me. They haven't had much consistency in riders, really, ever, which is why I always preferred them to say Zero. They had Muska and pre fake rocker Jamie Thomas, then BA, Staba, and Steamer none of whom were that similar. Even after their crew felt diverse enough in tricks that the main consistencies were Dickies style pants, some rails, and Ed's art.

don't forget they had Kalis on at one point too

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2021, 05:40:22 AM »
I wonder how KB is in every fucking where.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2021, 05:51:42 AM »
I get if people didn't like hearing two Ian Mackaye bands, but I think Toy Machine is akin to Dischord, so I think it fits.
ok thanks

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2021, 06:45:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Someone please put in the effort to make that an infinite gif.
[close]

Will this become a standard obstacle at skateparks?

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 434
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2021, 06:46:29 AM »
I really enjoyed that.

For his last ten tricks or so I thought with every Dashawn trick “okay this is definitely the ender”. God damn.

IpathCats

« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2021, 09:11:58 AM »
Fuck all the hate, that video was flawless. Dashawn is a beast.

beavis

• Rep: 3
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2021, 10:47:26 AM »
As I watch a new Toy Machine skater i've never heard of go on a kickflip-into-handrail barrage akin to Jon Allie in Dying To Live twenty years ago, i reflect on how little it moves me, and stare into the endless abyss of my mortality - having now exhausted myself of floppy haired t-shirt people skateboarding handrails among quirky text overlays, was it my time to die? Each song, each animation, a simulacrum of a an actual childhood, rhyming roughly with the well-trod path that was laid for it long ago, and yet hollow, a pale reflection of a poem now forgotten, saddled with favors past.

The aesthetic presents itself as if it does not care, in the way a rebellious child doesn't, but it's clear that it does. God, it so, so, does. It has settled into its lot, and settled for the long haul, like the friend we all have who married early and soldiers on, a husk of a person turning their hamster wheel all day every day, not daring to stop for fear of losing what little inertia they have

Some relief washes over me as I accept that I have squeezed all the joy I can out of this format, the "toy machine video", and now I can move on to the next plane of existence, as my ancestors have for time immemorial. I give thanks for the thing that it was, and set both it and myself aflame.

lol