Author Topic: is nike cutting skate program soon?  (Read 63119 times)

Ayanami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 55
Re: is nike cutting skate program soon?
« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
I dont see why nike would keep the skate program. most of the shoes have been a bust except for janoski and dunks, but janoskis have fallen out of favor and dunks don't need to be in SB.
I was about to disagree with you but I realized the blazers I’m skating aren’t even SB but still get the job done.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2021, 12:30:46 PM »
Ravens back wearing nikes

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2021, 12:36:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Goddamn these have to be the ugliest fucking shoes ever made.

[close]

These look like they told PRod he had to use materials from the scrap pile for his new colorway.

These are all of Prods infamous colorways plastered onto one shoe... Just give us the original colorways instead.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #393 on: May 20, 2021, 12:54:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

These look like they told PRod he had to use materials from the scrap pile for his new colorway.
[close]

These are all of Prods infamous colorways plastered onto one shoe... Just give us the original colorways instead.

But, then how would they sell a bunch of scrap material for $150 to the mentally-challenged sneaker community?
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #394 on: May 20, 2021, 08:24:42 PM »

Everytime someone on here talks about how much better Nike's designs are than say, Emerica or Lakai, my mind immediately goes to shit like this.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #395 on: May 21, 2021, 12:58:15 AM »
That dumb colorway is literally a mashup of materials/colors used on all the promodel nikes he’s had which is like 11 if you count the j-rod.

Y’all really too dumb to see that? Shits literally named “what the paul”... as in it’s basically a “what the” dunk 2.0

Nike started renewing contracts this past week. Expect Kader to be back in nikes in a month

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Ghost Face

• Rep: 108
« Reply #396 on: May 21, 2021, 01:18:22 AM »
That dumb colorway is literally a mashup of materials/colors used on all the promodel nikes he’s had which is like 11 if you count the j-rod.

Y’all really too dumb to see that? Shits literally named “what the paul”... as in it’s basically a “what the” dunk 2.0

Nike started renewing contracts this past week. Expect Kader to be back in nikes in a month

Free max b

Scouts will be at DewTour this whole week looking for talent. I take it whomever places top 3 in each discipline will get an offer.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #397 on: May 21, 2021, 02:27:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Everytime someone on here talks about how much better Nike's designs are than say, Emerica or Lakai, my mind immediately goes to shit like this.

Fucken oath.

Every so often I look at the upcoming nike thread and am blown away by how hideous and lame some of these shoes are, and the worst part is losers actually care about these upcoming shoes. Yuck

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 02:46:57 AM by Paul Cicero »

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #398 on: May 21, 2021, 04:33:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fucken oath.

Every so often I look at the upcoming nike thread and am blown away by how hideous and lame some of these shoes are, and the worst part is losers actually care about these upcoming shoes. Yuck

"classic" nike shoes are fine (blazers low, blazers, bruin, court), but yeah these colourways are getting out of hand

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #399 on: May 21, 2021, 04:50:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fucken oath.

[close]

"classic" nike shoes are fine (blazers low, blazers, bruin, court), but yeah these colourways are getting out of hand

yea man the last brown emericas were such a good and strong design choice big ups for being progressive and trying new things

that being said
shoe looks gross but I get the point
dont buy dunks they are played out

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #400 on: May 21, 2021, 05:48:50 AM »

Free max b

Pretty sure there been established in this thread or another when people was making fun of them. They are still ugly as fuck and look like budget floor scraps sewn together.

Also this isnt supposed to come of as an attack. Just a longer  “yeah , but still” response

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #401 on: May 21, 2021, 07:30:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

But, then how would they sell a bunch of scrap material for $150 to the mentally-challenged sneaker community?

hahaha yes! +1

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #402 on: May 21, 2021, 07:37:05 AM »
Terps is still on the team page and he hasn’t posted on Instagram in a year and a half

I’ll hold any speculations regarding Nike backing out of skating as unfounded until this canary is kill

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #403 on: May 21, 2021, 08:26:45 AM »
Terps is still on the team page and he hasn’t posted on Instagram in a year and a half

I’ll hold any speculations regarding Nike backing out of skating as unfounded until this canary is kill

he's into bikes and concrete work now

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #404 on: May 21, 2021, 09:11:42 AM »

Free max b

Imagine keeping track of different eras of a pro skater’s shoe and then calling other people dumb because they didn’t.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2021, 12:09:08 PM »
I hope Janoski , every now and then, pulls one of these at PRod (about success of shoe)

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2021, 12:16:21 PM »
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]

Imagine keeping track of different eras of a pro skater’s shoe and then calling other people dumb because they didn’t.

imagine being on a skate forum and being offended someone knows something about skating you don't

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2021, 12:20:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]

[close]

imagine being on a skate forum and being offended someone knows something about skating you don't

You're confusing "bemused" with "offended".
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2021, 02:42:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fucken oath.

[close]

[close]

yea man the last brown emericas were such a good and strong design choice big ups for being progressive and trying new things

that being said

word on the street is that this is the last P.Rod colorway or shoe for that matter. I'm not a big fan of Nike but I really hope that they don't stop giving Paul colorways/pro models

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #409 on: May 26, 2021, 01:07:40 PM »
Specific Nike SB branding was sporadic on the skaters at Dew Tour last weekend. Nigel in what looked like a Nike Tennis shirt and Sky Brown in a straight up Nike logo shirt. Yuto kept it real with some SB gear.  I wouldn't have noticed the SB was missing if not for this thread.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #410 on: May 26, 2021, 08:06:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fucken oath.

[close]

[close]

that being said
[close]

word on the street is that this is the last P.Rod colorway or shoe for that matter. I'm not a big fan of Nike but I really hope that they don't stop giving Paul colorways/pro models

word around town... often they still rip

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #411 on: May 27, 2021, 04:18:59 AM »
Nike aint cutting the skate program....they are simply cutting costs.....contracts not being renewed etc.......maybe someone upstairs felt the whole program was a bit bloated and he told the TM's to cut things down.....its as simple as that. 

Ghost Face

• Rep: 108
« Reply #412 on: May 28, 2021, 05:48:11 AM »
Terps is of. and some others I can't think of

https://www.nikesb.com/team
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #413 on: May 28, 2021, 05:51:36 AM »
Max Palmer?

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #414 on: May 28, 2021, 06:20:55 AM »
Terps is of. and some others I can't think of

https://www.nikesb.com/team
fuck nike forever. how dare they.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
« Reply #415 on: May 28, 2021, 06:49:23 AM »
Max Palmer?

I could be mistaken but I don’t think he’s ever been listed on their website.

Terps is gone? Wow. End of days indeed.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #416 on: May 28, 2021, 07:10:51 AM »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #417 on: May 28, 2021, 07:12:32 AM »
I don’t think Nike understands the ramifications of kicking Terps off.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #418 on: May 28, 2021, 07:59:16 AM »
Hard to tell if the remaining people 'made the cut' or are just awaiting a contract to expire.

Can't imagine Nick Boserio is bringing a lot of value to the brand (though me gusta his skateboarding tricks).
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #419 on: May 28, 2021, 11:27:56 AM »
Highly doubt Nike had “scrap material” just laying around for What The P Rods. Like they just have a bin inside the warehouse labeled old P Rod stuff haha. They might not be the most aesthetically pleasing shoes but the details on them are crazy. Kinda cool he debuted them with a part too. Whether you like him or his shoes can’t deny he’s done some great skating over the years. Would be cool to see him go back to éS one day full circle.