Author Topic: Diego Najera regretting quitting Primitive?  (Read 23913 times)

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
Re: Diego Najera regretting quitting Primitive?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2021, 03:31:34 PM »
Expand Quote
We kinda knew already but Shane just confirmed on ig live Diego isn’t on April anymore
[close]

What did he say

Someone ask on the chat if he was still on and he said something along the lines of “I don’t know how you guys haven’t figured out yet but yeah he’s no longer on April”

ish_wav

• Rep: 101
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2021, 03:37:53 PM »
Does anyone actually skate April boards ?

My local shop has carried them since they’ve been around and I highly doubt they’ve sold more than 5 of them.

I only ever see Primitive, Baker, DLX, Revive and April boards in the wild.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2021, 04:11:59 PM »
Diego Najera aside, nobody on IG live has the gumption to ask Shane why a 30 year old pro skater dude with a shoe has a 42" TV in a grandma media center
They all do ::)
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

veritas

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2021, 03:41:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We kinda knew already but Shane just confirmed on ig live Diego isn’t on April anymore
[close]

What did he say

[close]
Someone ask on the chat if he was still on and he said something along the lines of “I don’t know how you guys haven’t figured out yet but yeah he’s no longer on April”

This speaks volumes about the brand's presence

bo bice

• Rep: 92
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2021, 04:47:27 AM »
well Craig has an open spot on their roster now, swapping Yonnie for Diego is a move I could get behind

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2021, 05:55:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What did he say

[close]
[close]

Isn’t April more for his taxes than an actual brand? Same with Thank You and Numbers. 

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2021, 06:01:09 AM »
well Craig has an open spot on their roster now, swapping Yonnie for Diego is a move I could get behind

And they’ll announce it in 5 years after Trahan finally gets announced

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2021, 06:06:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you see on one of the Nine Club green rooms they were asked when Trahan would be announced. Eldridge and Jeron had no clue what they were talking about. Says a lot about the company.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2021, 06:23:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Did you see on one of the Nine Club green rooms they were asked when Trahan would be announced. Eldridge and Jeron had no clue what they were talking about. Says a lot about the company.

It really sucks to see crailtap go down.

All the older kids in my town I looked up to skated crail or deluxe. Mouse and kicked out of everywhere were the first videos that made me want to skate.

Before that I saw guilty and the storm and was really confused and thought only Peter smolik could do hard tricks

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2021, 07:14:01 AM »
what is an April skateboards?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2021, 07:25:59 AM »
I understand his messages a bit different to be honest.

To me it sounds more like, it was a hard decision to become a pro skater instead of like.. you know working a 9-5 or something. With health insurance and regular income and all that.

But I have no idea, this all sounds a bit vague from him and is really open for interpretation.

But I think his clips were sick and it's good, that he took the pandemic a bit more serious.

The post he linked in that story was the one announcing he'd left Primitive, so not sure your interpretation is correct
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2021, 07:39:25 AM »
Wasn't he riding Palace boards lately?

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2021, 09:17:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What did he say

[close]
[close]

[close]
Isn’t April more for his taxes than an actual brand? Same with Thank You and Numbers.

That's what it seems. Weird for a brand with riders that good to be so unproductive.

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2021, 10:37:19 AM »

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2021, 11:09:06 AM »
Diego is really good and I enjoy his effortless style. Why he decided to leave Primitive is beyond me.

Primitive is like the Yankees...they will always have fans and make money.

April is like Florida Marlins...bandwagon fans when their doing well...and no money to sign good talent. Eventually you even re-brand and change your name to the Miami Marlins with a new stadium.....and guess what?

No one cares

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2021, 11:11:29 AM »
That was 5 years ago already? Jeez time is flying

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2021, 11:22:32 AM »

Woah, completely forgot he did that. Definitely one of the biggest ones ever done ttd, you don’t see that trick done often on really big stuff either.

Kind of have to feel for the guy though because those are some heavy decisions. You can’t always make the right decision and that’s ok. Hope he sees what he can learn from this and keeps skating. He’s too good to not have his name on a board and still fairly young.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2021, 11:28:23 AM »
I thought it was weird primitive turned him pro so quickly. Like they should of waited a few more years, I don't think he even is that good to be pro yet, and then when he quit that was even more weird, like very ungrateful to prod and primitive. Still prod kinda did similar things when he was his age, so he would most likely forgive him and put him back if Diego asked him I'd think. I think Diego fitted perfectly in primitive. I was going to buy his bull deck and then he left. I'd defiantly buy it if he got on again and they re-released it.

Didn't he kickflip over a picnic table long ways or something? Even if he didn't, dude is for sure good enough for pro.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2021, 11:35:40 AM »
Diego is really good and I enjoy his effortless style. Why he decided to leave Primitive is beyond me.

Primitive is like the Yankees...they will always have fans and make money.

April is like Florida Marlins...bandwagon fans when their doing well...and no money to sign good talent. Eventually you even re-brand and change your name to the Miami Marlins with a new stadium.....and guess what?

No one cares

Marlins beat Yankees in 2003 World Series

Big_Dingus

• Rep: 5
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2021, 11:56:52 AM »
Yeah I don't know why you'd quit P-Rod's company... you're not going to get anything better dude. I mean you get to be teammates with Tiago! Fuck that's enough for me. I'd be calling him all the time. "Hi Tiago, its your teammate, just wanted to make sure you're having a good day. miss you!"

Merman

• Rep: -36
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2021, 12:06:47 PM »
this guy is the epitome of "meh" to me. no emotion, no stoke, talented for sure but such a damn robot. ive even seen shane smile.

Are you completely blind, man? Subjective taste aside, homie was the first to kickflip an entire picnic table lengthwise. Weren't one of them mini tables neither. Goes on to win battle at the berrics without sacrificing an ounce of steeze. Height game is off the fuckin charts and he flows like running water on all street terrain. He doesn't even break into my top 10 favorites but calling him meh is just absurd.

Big_Dingus

• Rep: 5
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2021, 12:20:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this guy is the epitome of "meh" to me. no emotion, no stoke, talented for sure but such a damn robot. ive even seen shane smile.
[close]

Are you completely blind, man? Subjective taste aside, homie was the first to kickflip an entire picnic table lengthwise. Weren't one of them mini tables neither. Goes on to win battle at the berrics without sacrificing an ounce of steeze. Height game is off the fuckin charts and he flows like running water on all street terrain. He doesn't even break into my top 10 favorites but calling him meh is just absurd.
[close]

he doesn't do any wallies or dress like a Swedish zamboni mechanic though

amazing, lol

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2021, 12:21:38 PM »
do you guys understand that a lot of people do not follow the berrics games of skate
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2021, 12:23:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

he doesn't do any wallies or dress like a Swedish zamboni mechanic though
[close]

amazing, lol

Sig worthy.

Trilogy

• Rep: -307
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2021, 12:56:05 PM »
He fitted so good on Primitive...

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2021, 01:05:42 PM »
Yeah I don't know why you'd quit P-Rod's company... you're not going to get anything better dude. I mean you get to be teammates with Tiago! Fuck that's enough for me. I'd be calling him all the time. "Hi Tiago, its your teammate, just wanted to make sure you're having a good day. miss you!"
Hahahaha

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2021, 01:07:10 PM »
Nick, Bastien, Shane, Devine. .
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -225
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2021, 01:11:53 PM »
It’s just karma for flying out to Love and monopolizing the levels on the final weekend just so he could win Berra’s stupid Love Gap competition that nobody won.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Merman

• Rep: -36
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2021, 01:15:11 PM »
do you guys understand that a lot of people do not follow the berrics games of skate

Agree, and I loathe Borra as much as the next guy, but I'm just tryna to point out that he's among the best in multiple areas of street skating, with freakish pop, and still people shrug him off.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2021, 01:25:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree, and I loathe Borra as much as the next guy, but I'm just tryna to point out that he's among the best in multiple areas of street skating, with freakish pop, and still people shrug him off.

Expand Quote
[close]

i said he was talented, but for me meh means no personality/style.
just because someone is good at skateboarding doesnt mean they are likable, which again is all subjective.

ill take a bobby worrest, levi brown, or anyone else who has a distinct personality/style over someone like diego, aurelien giraud.