Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 45053 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1650 on: July 28, 2023, 10:53:50 AM »
A Haku episode is what’s best for business. 😂

I’d love that but I think that’s more for the Territories show.   He bit a guys nose off who wouldn’t stop fucking with him in a bar and then got sued.   I think that’s the darkest his life got

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1651 on: July 28, 2023, 11:00:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d love that but I think that’s more for the Territories show.   He bit a guys nose off who wouldn’t stop fucking with him in a bar and then got sued.   I think that’s the darkest his life got

You think Hardbody Harrison would be too dark?

Also really disappointed in the lack of Shawn Michaels love on here.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1652 on: July 28, 2023, 11:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You think Hardbody Harrison would be too dark?

Also really disappointed in the lack of Shawn Michaels love on here.

Well I just did the Cornette watch along for Michaels v Vader so I’m not feeling too charitable towards him

If they’re not doing Ring Boy Scandal, I don’t think they’ll do Hardbody.   

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #1653 on: July 29, 2023, 01:16:15 AM »
Expand Quote

ROH World Six-Man Championship: Brian Cage, Bishop Kaun, & Toa Liona (c) vs. Master Wato, Ryusuke Taguchi, & Leon Ruffin

[close]

Dude Master Wato is real sick he was one of the best performers I saw when I went to the New Japan show in Tokyo a few months ago.

Wato, Taichi, and Yoshi Hashi (despite his default facial expression of baffled) have all really impressed me over the last few NJPW shows I've watched.

Watched a little bit of rampage... they had a (what else?) battle royale with both big Bill and Satnam in the ring at the same time which was hilarious to see given how many Indy midgets they have on the roster.

Guess Komander's push is over, won't be shocked if he's back in AAA full time in a few months. He's wrestling Kip Saballerrina on rampage (which is quite the albatross to begin with) and now he's been saddled with the painfully awkward Alex Abrahantes. Hes probably a nice guy but I get the worst Martin Prince "spring forth, burly protector!" energy from that dude any time he's on screen.

Saw a clip of Dom Mysterio being asked if he would ever reconcile with his dad and he said it wasn't possible because Eddie's dead. I'm sure someone fed that line to him but I'll be damned if I didn't mark out a little. I know you hate him Atiba but as a heel there's something to that kid.

Also realized that in my faves list I forgot Jamie Hayter, who is my favorite female maybe ever. Really sad to hear she won't be ready for Wembley, I hope they figure out a way to get her in for a surprise run in or something because she deserves the monumental hometown pop she would surely get. I know she's not from Lahhhndon like Ospreay but she is a southerner at least.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1654 on: July 29, 2023, 01:40:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

ROH World Six-Man Championship: Brian Cage, Bishop Kaun, & Toa Liona (c) vs. Master Wato, Ryusuke Taguchi, & Leon Ruffin

[close]

Dude Master Wato is real sick he was one of the best performers I saw when I went to the New Japan show in Tokyo a few months ago.
[close]

Wato, Taichi, and Yoshi Hashi (despite his default facial expression of baffled) have all really impressed me over the last few NJPW shows I've watched.

Watched a little bit of rampage... they had a (what else?) battle royale with both big Bill and Satnam in the ring at the same time which was hilarious to see given how many Indy midgets they have on the roster.

Guess Komander's push is over, won't be shocked if he's back in AAA full time in a few months. He's wrestling Kip Saballerrina on rampage (which is quite the albatross to begin with) and now he's been saddled with the painfully awkward Alex Abrahantes. Hes probably a nice guy but I get the worst Martin Prince "spring forth, burly protector!" energy from that dude any time he's on screen.

Saw a clip of Dom Mysterio being asked if he would ever reconcile with his dad and he said it wasn't possible because Eddie's dead. I'm sure someone fed that line to him but I'll be damned if I didn't mark out a little. I know you hate him Atiba but as a heel there's something to that kid.

Also realized that in my faves list I forgot Jamie Hayter, who is my favorite female maybe ever. Really sad to hear she won't be ready for Wembley, I hope they figure out a way to get her in for a surprise run in or something because she deserves the monumental hometown pop she would surely get. I know she's not from Lahhhndon like Ospreay but she is a southerner at least.

I believe Kip Sabian was a replacement for the injured Scorpio Sky

Apparently Hayter might be out for the year

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1655 on: July 29, 2023, 03:04:59 PM »

My point still stands haha, I'd almost put Kip over Scorpio Sky at this point. They're both charisma vacuums but at least Kip is hateable in a grating "you're trying too hard" way...Scorpio is just turn the channel or fall asleep for me. Seems like Tony got his new Gravity figure so Komander is going back in the toy box. I'm not super impressed by rope walks unless the guy is big enough to make them sag, so neither guy does much for me. Still, I did have to laugh at him booking Gravity against Pac just so they could make a "hey don't you remember me?" joke.

Edit - just saw the collision graphic for tonight...Samoa Joe vs Gravity lol. They're also doing buddy vs Andrade in a ladder match and MJF/Cole vs FTR so I might actually watch.

@SHAQUEEFA you playing Fight Forever? We gotta get some matches together if you are. I'm not "good" in the getting the pin sense but I like to set up wild spots and have good matches. I've been trying to figure out if it's possible to do shit off a ladder in the ring through a table on the outside but it's almost impossible to set up unless you have someone else to put them on the table.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 03:25:47 PM by Sativa Lung »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1656 on: July 29, 2023, 04:05:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My point still stands haha, I'd almost put Kip over Scorpio Sky at this point. They're both charisma vacuums but at least Kip is hateable in a grating "you're trying too hard" way...Scorpio is just turn the channel or fall asleep for me. Seems like Tony got his new Gravity figure so Komander is going back in the toy box. I'm not super impressed by rope walks unless the guy is big enough to make them sag, so neither guy does much for me. Still, I did have to laugh at him booking Gravity against Pac just so they could make a "hey don't you remember me?" joke.

Edit - just saw the collision graphic for tonight...Samoa Joe vs Gravity lol. They're also doing buddy vs Andrade in a ladder match and MJF/Cole vs FTR so I might actually watch.

@SHAQUEEFA you playing Fight Forever? We gotta get some matches together if you are. I'm not "good" in the getting the pin sense but I like to set up wild spots and have good matches. I've been trying to figure out if it's possible to do shit off a ladder in the ring through a table on the outside but it's almost impossible to set up unless you have someone else to put them on the table.

Yeah Scorpio Sky can definitely go to Impact.   They’ve tried, they’ve belted him, it’s just not going to happen

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1657 on: July 29, 2023, 06:42:31 PM »
Baffles me AEW didn’t want Bret Hart as an agent, just as a manager

Next week - CM Punk vs Ricky Starks for the disputed AEW title.   Special ref - Ricky Steamboat

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1658 on: July 30, 2023, 12:35:27 AM »
Were Cornette and Adam Cole in ROH at the same time?   Kinda hate he picks on him about his physique.   Adam can wrestle and he gets super over and his style matches his body.    Anyways, enjoyed that tag match and Tony had better land this MJF Adam Cole storyline well bc the fans def want them to stay together for a bit

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1659 on: July 30, 2023, 08:56:40 AM »
Buddy might legit have the best physique in wrestling so I kinda wrote him off as another tingle in Vince's slacks but he's had enough bangers in AEW that I have to give him his due. That ending sequence was really well done despite all the moving parts and places it could have gone wrong and Julia impressed the hell out of me with her character work. Andrade is on a different level...I think I left him off my faves list but he's up there too and I'm so down for a Babyface run where he gets his flowers.That sunset bomb spot was madness...why are all the golden age of NXT guys so good at ladder matches?

Hahaha fuck yes Suzuki. I can't believe they fucked up his entrance by having kaze ni nare so quiet you could barely hear it but that match fucked pretty hard too. Darby is a way better technical wrestler than most people realize and the transitions and holds were great.

Toni storm promo was almost enough to make me turn it off. I like her but man that gimmick is just a waste of time.

Skipped most of punks whiny "I never lost" promo. Sorry dude I just don't care.

Ngl I marked the fuck out for Joe mocking gravity's stupid walk and then just fucking destroying him in 3 moves. That was the most beautiful booking I've seen in a while.

Juice Robinson is definitely trying too hard but he's so dedicated to being wacky that it kinda works for me.

Legit forgot Mercedes Martinez existed.

Max and Cole are so good together. MJF showing his humanity in this angle so much leads me to believe Cole is going to betray him, perhaps setting him off into full devil mode for the inevitable Punk feud. I can't imagine him hugging kids (wasn't that on the no-no list?) and mugging for the crowd for any other reason than to betray them.

The match was so-so. I've been pretty vocal about how over FTR I am and sadly not even Max could make it work for me. I was looking for a fast forward button for half the match because, like most of their matches, it felt like it was long just for the sake of being long. They really aren't even that good, I think they're kinda like punk in that they got over as much because the fans wanted to show their displeasure with what the rest of the fed was doing as because they were actually good. Also doesn't help that Dax's gear might be even more unflattering than his personality.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1660 on: July 30, 2023, 01:53:39 PM »
NXT Great America Bash

Dragunov VS Hayes

How I would love to see Dragunov take it…..

Interference from Bronn or Corbin will end that. Maybe a surprise appearance by McDonugh…..

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1661 on: August 01, 2023, 06:04:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not really a gamer, I bought an XBox years ago and only got Madden for it, but that shit got too crazy with the controls and wasn't fun. I basically just use the XBox as a hub for my streaming apps.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1662 on: August 01, 2023, 07:54:41 AM »
Bash at the Beach tonight.   

There should be some TNA event ones like the Tito Ortiz ep or Hogan going to TNA

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1663 on: August 02, 2023, 04:39:56 AM »
@busey Bash at the Beach episode was great. I remember it well when it happened but the episode really covered the in-depth side of it or should I say the perspectives Eric Bischoff & Russo which highlights that someone is a liar & Hulk Hogan truly is an egomaniac. I will say that Jeff Jarrett being candid but professional was cool to see as you can tell he is Wrestling to the core.

This reminds of when I met the Honkey Tonk Man in person (got an autographed figure MOC in my wrestling figure case) & there was a Q & A & one of the questions was about the World Championship. He openly discussed how Bret Hart was written to lose it but much like Hogan, he had so much creative control that he refused to do so when it was in the works for him to lose to The Honkey Tonk Man. Its wild to think about who else has this control as I immediately think about Brock Lesnar (huge fan since his debut), Reigns, & I am sure some others.

Regardless, well done on the episode as it kept my interest & now I am going to go back & watch Bash at the Beach.

Speaking go WCW nonsense, who remembers this?

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1286
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #1664 on: August 02, 2023, 05:00:36 AM »
thanks man! putting it together was a lot harder than i thought because of all the different versions of the story and also knowing hogan was never going to sit down and give us his side. at least hogan gave me the quote "that doesn't work for me, brother" that i say to our cat when he wakes me up at 5am for food.
i haven't actually seen the final version so i'm stoked to sit down later and watch. the finale next week of marty jannety i know is going to be an instant classic.

for real, thank you dudes for watching! all the countless hours of working on this show and stressing out has been all worth it knowing that you have been enjoying it
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1665 on: August 02, 2023, 07:00:17 AM »

Here’s the full clip featuring unmasked Mysterio & Juventud Guererra. Love they are scared & can’t fathom what’ll happen when Nash gets to the ring. Also Russo throwing some heat at Nash & his past was neat.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1666 on: August 02, 2023, 07:26:10 AM »

Here’s the full clip featuring unmasked Mysterio & Juventud Guererra. Love they are scared & can’t fathom what’ll happen when Nash gets to the ring. Also Russo throwing some heat at Nash & his past was neat.

“You think you can beat The Rock? Why, because a couple of months ago you were down south beating some jabroni named Juventud!?” 😂

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1667 on: August 02, 2023, 10:49:15 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wwe-boss-vince-mcmahon-hit-federal-grand-jury-subpoena-search-warrant-rcna97784

Please. Please. PLEASE Put his ass in a cell with Trump and let them try to oneup each other with stories of all the women they've "grabbed by the pussy" and then intimidated and paid for silence.

Edit - I'm starting to question the timing of this "spinal surgery" now. Last time Vince was in legal trouble he did the same shit and then wore a neck brace to court to try and garner sympathy from the jury.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 01:14:14 PM by Sativa Lung »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1668 on: August 02, 2023, 12:16:50 PM »
It’s weird that the week the Adrian Adonis ep skipped was the week (maybe even day) he died.   Not sure if that was intentional or not. 

Even weirder that the Bash on the Beach ep was on 8/1 the Tito Ortiz day.   

I think a Curtain Call story would be interesting, but I don’t know if that’s a long enough story or particularly “Dark”.   Might have to go to a Tales of the Territories type show about the Death of Kayfabe

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1669 on: August 02, 2023, 06:25:32 PM »
Hah slow ECW invasion trickle.   Sabu, now RVD.   Wonder when Rhyno is coming and if Sandman is in any shape to

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #1670 on: August 02, 2023, 06:51:05 PM »
Hah slow ECW invasion trickle.   Sabu, now RVD.   Wonder when Rhyno is coming and if Sandman is in any shape to
Mikey Whipwreck is a trainer for AEW, too
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1671 on: August 03, 2023, 12:27:46 AM »
Enjoyed seeing the roster praise Tony after the end of Dynamite 200.   AEW has been a lovely alternative bc it’s baggage free.   I don’t have to feel gross by supporting it and by all accounts they seem to treat their employees right.  I remember Jake the Snake in his first year at AEW being shocked they got him a cake for his birthday bc that had never happened to him in his career.   

Booking and Moxley blood aside, I’m excited for the company to keep growing, and it’s only really going to hit that next step when all it’s shows and PPVs go on streaming services for free. 

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1672 on: August 03, 2023, 12:43:01 PM »

Judging by the Indy appearances and stuff he was doing a few years ago it's a miracle sandman is alive, but I could still see him coming out and caning someone. Not sure if Tony would pony up for Enter Sandman though, and as much as I love him Sandman is just not that good without the whole entrance.

Im glad he paid for walk but it seemed pretty lost on the audience. I'm assuming most of the crowd is either too young or new to wrestling to have experienced un-dubbed ECW and didn't know who it was until they flashed his name on the screen. Maybe if it was Philly/NY/Baltimore where ECW has established history the pop would have been better. Not sure if I'm particularly excited to see him wrestle since he didn't look particularly lithe (still has some hops though) but I don't want to look up recent matches to see if he can still go and ruin it for myself if he can. Gonna be interesting to see what he can do with Jungle Boy because there's definitely some similarities there style wise, I bet he was an influence on him.

The MJF Cole thing is really looking like it's gonna be Cole betraying Max the more I think about it.  Maybe that's why Roddy is there and freaking out...not because he's worried about Cole being betrayed, but because he's going to do what he did to him with UE to someone else. I'm thinking we end up with either a double heel turn or face MJF vs Punk, since it's pretty obvious that's going to be the next program.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1673 on: August 03, 2023, 01:11:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Judging by the Indy appearances and stuff he was doing a few years ago it's a miracle sandman is alive, but I could still see him coming out and caning someone. Not sure if Tony would pony up for Enter Sandman though, and as much as I love him Sandman is just not that good without the whole entrance.

Im glad he paid for walk but it seemed pretty lost on the audience. I'm assuming most of the crowd is either too young or new to wrestling to have experienced un-dubbed ECW and didn't know who it was until they flashed his name on the screen. Maybe if it was Philly/NY/Baltimore where ECW has established history the pop would have been better. Not sure if I'm particularly excited to see him wrestle since he didn't look particularly lithe (still has some hops though) but I don't want to look up recent matches to see if he can still go and ruin it for myself if he can. Gonna be interesting to see what he can do with Jungle Boy because there's definitely some similarities there style wise, I bet he was an influence on him.

The MJF Cole thing is really looking like it's gonna be Cole betraying Max the more I think about it.  Maybe that's why Roddy is there and freaking out...not because he's worried about Cole being betrayed, but because he's going to do what he did to him with UE to someone else. I'm thinking we end up with either a double heel turn or face MJF vs Punk, since it's pretty obvious that's going to be the next program.

Rhyno to me is synonymous with the garbage years of ECW (post 1997).

I also think HHH retaking the booking for WWE is what’s best for business.

I didn’t know Riddle skate(s/d), but I’m not surprised he’s hyped on Creature.

I think Jack Perry would be more over if they have him his dad’s 90210 gimmick because his promo work is horrendous.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1674 on: August 03, 2023, 01:48:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think Jack Perry would be more over if they have him his dad’s 90210 gimmick because his promo work is horrendous.

I don’t know about HHH.   He’s loads better than Vince booking wise, but does that make him good, or just not bad?   He’s also a creep in his own way, but nothing illegal.  I just couldn’t support any promotion that platforms Logan Paul.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1675 on: August 03, 2023, 01:55:22 PM »
Big fan of RVD but what the hell was he trying to say during the interview……

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1676 on: August 04, 2023, 02:18:01 AM »
Rewatched the 3 way from dynamite... Penta's red gear is always awesome and that avalanche destroyer through the table was just fucked up. Couple great tack bumps too. I don't think anyone else is as hyped on him as I am but he just has that intangible cool factor and I kinda dig this garbage wrestling phase he's been in lately because he doesn't fuck around. Dude's kind of like a modern La Parka.

Im actually totally cool with Moxley doing those matches if it keeps him out of the main event. They really need a class on how to not be so obvious about blading though... like surely Jarrett could show them? When I watch the old guys I swear it's always either off camera or totally imperceptible but like every AEW match I have to watch guys reaching up and pulling something off their wrist tape then awkwardly trying to do the deed laying in the corner. Just do what Flair used to and stick your entire head under the apron.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1677 on: August 04, 2023, 03:05:56 AM »
Rewatched the 3 way from dynamite... Penta's red gear is always awesome and that avalanche destroyer through the table was just fucked up. Couple great tack bumps too. I don't think anyone else is as hyped on him as I am but he just has that intangible cool factor and I kinda dig this garbage wrestling phase he's been in lately because he doesn't fuck around. Dude's kind of like a modern La Parka.

Im actually totally cool with Moxley doing those matches if it keeps him out of the main event. They really need a class on how to not be so obvious about blading though... like surely Jarrett could show them? When I watch the old guys I swear it's always either off camera or totally imperceptible but like every AEW match I have to watch guys reaching up and pulling something off their wrist tape then awkwardly trying to do the deed laying in the corner. Just do what Flair used to and stick your entire head under the apron.

Agreed on a lot - especially loving penta

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1678 on: August 04, 2023, 08:37:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don’t know about HHH.   He’s loads better than Vince booking wise, but does that make him good, or just not bad?   He’s also a creep in his own way, but nothing illegal.  I just couldn’t support any promotion that platforms Logan Paul.

We can file this one under unpopular opinions, but I’m a huge Kliq fan.

HBK’s my favorite wrestler and Hall and Nash are up there for me.

I’ve noticed every wrestler I’ve seen shoot on the Kliq was always someone mid to begin with. Like Shane Douglas? Come on…his best work was in ECW and even the Triple Threat was weak. The Corre was a better stable lol.

I just think HHH is the best current booker in wrestling. Wayy better than Tony Khan playing with real life action figures.

HHH gave us NXT 2013-2018. Those were the best things WWE has had going since the Attitude Era. He introduced the world to Shinsuke Nakamura, Sami Zayn, and Kevin Owens.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1679 on: August 04, 2023, 12:55:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

We can file this one under unpopular opinions, but I’m a huge Kliq fan.

HBK’s my favorite wrestler and Hall and Nash are up there for me.

I’ve noticed every wrestler I’ve seen shoot on the Kliq was always someone mid to begin with. Like Shane Douglas? Come on…his best work was in ECW and even the Triple Threat was weak. The Corre was a better stable lol.

I just think HHH is the best current booker in wrestling. Wayy better than Tony Khan playing with real life action figures.

HHH gave us NXT 2013-2018. Those were the best things WWE has had going since the Attitude Era. He introduced the world to Shinsuke Nakamura, Sami Zayn, and Kevin Owens.

Bret Hart mid?    Let’s not forget HHH was involved in the screw job and what he did to Chyna.   

Golden era of NXT was basically taking ROH’s toys and doing wwE ROH.   All he had to do was book a takeover bc there wasn’t much going on in the weekly shows