Author Topic: New royal trucks  (Read 67132 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
Re: New royal trucks
« Reply #660 on: June 22, 2022, 03:08:33 PM »
Thinking of buying a deck that's too steep or too long-wb-y for me just to ride these trucks again because they really are that great. Not a fan of crailtap at all and I keep recommending these trucks to people. They really did that.

Did you guys see royals in the wild yet? I don't know anybody else riding them around here.

These are as close as it gets to a thunder titanium (which still haven't hit europe after 2 years, the source of my truck madness), but the pop is even lighter, which only works for me on steep/long decks unfortunately.

Edit: Talking about standards, the ultralights would be pretty much unskateable to me due to the light pop.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #661 on: June 22, 2022, 03:12:13 PM »
"Maybe in the future I would try em again." means that there is a chance I would want to try them again. And I do. I've got a home base truck I can go back to and it seems fun to spend more time on something I've spent little time on. I hated on how the finishing looked on the trucks, yes, but as an adult I am willing to take in new information, amend an opinion, and move forward. I still think they like very generic and don't like the casting finish, but I don't buy trucks based on looks and these are problem free for people. Why not really? In your lingo I am "putting up" by buying them and giving them an honest go not just cycling them through a 4 brand madness phase.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #662 on: June 22, 2022, 03:43:06 PM »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #663 on: June 22, 2022, 03:48:24 PM »

Lol.

In all seriousness Hes letting the madness in. I guarantee you he’ll be back on Indy in short order. He’s an Indy guy and that’s fine, no need to switch.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #664 on: June 22, 2022, 05:31:09 PM »
Zach Allen on Royal

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #665 on: June 22, 2022, 05:35:45 PM »

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #666 on: June 22, 2022, 05:47:23 PM »
hey, it's all semantics guys. griffin gass rips, royal trucks are good now, fuck it lets skate
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

LebowskisRug

« Reply #667 on: June 22, 2022, 06:04:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol.

In all seriousness Hes letting the madness in. I guarantee you he’ll be back on Indy in short order. He’s an Indy guy and that’s fine, no need to switch.

Maybe I don't wanna be an Indy dude tho? Maybe the life of the low and snappy is more my speed and I just don't know it yet.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #668 on: June 22, 2022, 06:34:46 PM »
Thinking of buying a deck that's too steep or too long-wb-y for me just to ride these trucks again because they really are that great. Not a fan of crailtap at all and I keep recommending these trucks to people. They really did that.

Did you guys see royals in the wild yet? I don't know anybody else riding them around here.

These are as close as it gets to a thunder titanium (which still haven't hit europe after 2 years, the source of my truck madness), but the pop is even lighter, which only works for me on steep/long decks unfortunately.

Edit: Talking about standards, the ultralights would be pretty much unskateable to me due to the light pop.

Good with 14.125 - 14.38 WB is what I like.

My IKP is getting progressively looser, not sure if the bushings are getting softer or the kingpin is coming loose. I applied some super glue to the axle nut under the baseplate but it still loosens.

I'll give them a weekend session before I decide to mess around with them. Either more glue (Loctite) or go to the Standards.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #669 on: June 22, 2022, 06:41:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol.

[close]

Maybe I don't wanna be an Indy dude tho? Maybe the life of the low and snappy is more my speed and I just don't know it yet.
oh brother
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #670 on: June 22, 2022, 06:46:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol.

[close]

You JUST wrote you don’t want a low truck, now you might….Jesus dude.

Get some forged mindy hollows and be done.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 06:58:49 PM by Xen »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #671 on: June 22, 2022, 06:51:48 PM »
Low(er) I guess is what I meant: 52 like a Thunder was 55 like my bowl troll trucks.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #672 on: June 22, 2022, 07:01:21 PM »
Low(er) I guess is what I meant: 52 like a Thunder was 55 like my bowl troll trucks.

You already own (or did) 52mm Mindys? You're confused dude, I don't know how you get through the day.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #673 on: June 22, 2022, 09:17:46 PM »
Ya, I don't consider those low. Low-er than what I ride now would be more accurate. I asked about the Tactics measurements for the forged Royals as 50 would be a bit on the low side. Do you really enjoy being an epic cunt for no reason? There was no need to drag this discussion out beyond just answering my question. I'm legit buying the trucks and "putting up" and you're just being a complete child for no reason and bringing up stuff from months ago strictly to be a douche and give your micropenis a curved boner.

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #674 on: June 23, 2022, 12:57:18 AM »
I haven't written about my experience with the trucks till now, coz you guys have covered all the the things about them, but this month i have finally put them on main setup and have started skating them regularly. I have tried them first earlier this year and in the begining they were too soft and squirly, i usually skate 14 wb and this also adds to the mega turning they have. For the experiement i tried them on an old 14.25 deck and they felt more stable. As for now i set up a new 14 wb with the trucks and tried some old bushing combos and finally settled down to stock bottom and a film top bushing with one tread of the kingpin showing. I think the stock bushing would be perfect for the winter. I will reapeat the other things you have mentioned here - the height, the weight (i am on the raw model), the pop, the grind, the pinch - all good. I had a little trouble nosesliding one super old and crusty ledge and it might be because of the thin baseplate, but with some more wax and not pushing so hard on the ledge it slided ok. On smooth ledges they are buttery. I could not want anything more from a set of trucks. No need for ultra light for me, coz i skate in the range 7.875-8.125 and my set up is not heavy at all. Good job Royal, i would buy them again. And thanx to everyone sharing info here for making me try these. Cheers!

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #675 on: June 23, 2022, 05:25:05 AM »
They need to make a special bike that only backpedals for Lebowski lol, what’s next you gonna start skating loopholes?
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

LebowskisRug

« Reply #676 on: June 23, 2022, 06:37:29 AM »
You people remind back when Kerry was running for President and fake liberals wouldn't vote for him because he "changed his mind" on the Iraq War.

And no, no more Loops. I actually did try them a month ago out front of my house and between reverting and power sliding on asphalt they got large horizontal grooves so I left them at the skatepark where they remained for at least a week.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #677 on: June 23, 2022, 07:03:22 AM »
You people remind back when Kerry was running for President and fake liberals wouldn't vote for him because he "changed his mind" on the Iraq War.

And no, no more Loops. I actually did try them a month ago out front of my house and between reverting and power sliding on asphalt they got large horizontal grooves so I left them at the skatepark where they remained for at least a week.

I had to google what your were talking about with the Kerry statement,  not cause I’m young or anything, because I don’t care, kinda like I have no interest in hearing what you think about royal trucks, or loophole wheels, but go off sis
You want some queso?”

IpathCats

« Reply #678 on: June 23, 2022, 07:06:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had to google what your were talking about with the Kerry statement,  not cause I’m young or anything, because I don’t care, kinda like I have no interest in hearing what you think about royal trucks, or loophole wheels, but go off sis

GET A ROOM YOU TWO.

@LebowskisRug @Tony

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #679 on: June 23, 2022, 07:16:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

GET A ROOM YOU TWO.

@LebowskisRug @Tony

We do, it’s the new royal trucks section of the slap forum….welcome, it’s about to get sweaty in here
You want some queso?”

LebowskisRug

« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2022, 08:54:23 AM »
Damn, ordered these at lunch yesterday from Crail store and they're at my doorstep already.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #681 on: June 23, 2022, 09:44:05 AM »
Ya, I don't consider those low. Low-er than what I ride now would be more accurate. I asked about the Tactics measurements for the forged Royals as 50 would be a bit on the low side. Do you really enjoy being an epic cunt for no reason? There was no need to drag this discussion out beyond just answering my question. I'm legit buying the trucks and "putting up" and you're just being a complete child for no reason and bringing up stuff from months ago strictly to be a douche and give your micropenis a curved boner.

Well sadly no one out there makes a 51mm truck. Suck it up buttercup and ride Thunders, Royals or Mindys.

Name calling...Mr. Salty over here.

IpathCats

« Reply #682 on: June 23, 2022, 10:08:12 AM »

We do, it’s the new royal trucks section of the slap forum….welcome, it’s about to get sweaty in here

lol

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #683 on: June 23, 2022, 10:23:21 AM »
Damn this is where the action is at, wasted my whole morning reading 23 pages. Def gonna try the 159s ikp coming from Indy forged hollows for two years straight. Have been wanting to go a bit lower.

Thanks to the pals for all the information (and bickering :) )

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #684 on: June 23, 2022, 11:07:52 AM »
Is this gonna turn into the other threads were dumbasses talk about cast iron skillets or heroin withdrawals instead of the topic lol. Get a room guys.

For the record I found the methadone talk beneficial as a past drug user myself but there's a time and a place.

IpathCats

« Reply #685 on: June 23, 2022, 11:27:22 AM »
Is this gonna turn into the other threads were dumbasses talk about cast iron skillets or heroin withdrawals instead of the topic lol. Get a room guys.

For the record I found the methadone talk beneficial as a past drug user myself but there's a time and a place.

nah, shoes and gear threads dont get derailed for too long. we are very concerned about the topic matter in this region of SLAP. I forsee this royal thread becoming a longtime classic with all the love theyve been getting. people are stoked on them here, and once these royals get more rep outside of SLAP this thread will get even more love.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #686 on: June 23, 2022, 12:20:30 PM »
@LebowskisRug @Xen ya’ll got me dying thank you. Appreciate the content.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #687 on: June 23, 2022, 06:27:21 PM »
Damn this is where the action is at, wasted my whole morning reading 23 pages. Def gonna try the 159s ikp coming from Indy forged hollows for two years straight. Have been wanting to go a bit lower.

@schralp pal go for the standard kingpin models, they get loose really quick.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #688 on: June 23, 2022, 07:55:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@schralp pal go for the standard kingpin models, they get loose really quick.

Yeah, I was looking at the griffs again since he gets a royalty (see what I did there) - wonder if zach allen will get a pro model soon.

I have a new pair of the indy winkowski 159s waiting when my current set dies, but thought Id hop on something else first for fun and I have never had an inverted kingpin truck ever. I almost clicked the order submit button today.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #689 on: June 24, 2022, 04:45:29 AM »
Maybe it's just my deck combo but I'm finding manuals tricky on these? That's my only issue. Anyone else?