Author Topic: New royal trucks  (Read 35624 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 445
Re: New royal trucks
« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2022, 12:20:30 PM »
@LebowskisRug @Xen ya’ll got me dying thank you. Appreciate the content.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #691 on: June 23, 2022, 06:27:21 PM »
Damn this is where the action is at, wasted my whole morning reading 23 pages. Def gonna try the 159s ikp coming from Indy forged hollows for two years straight. Have been wanting to go a bit lower.

Thanks to the pals for all the information (and bickering :) )

@schralp pal go for the standard kingpin models, they get loose really quick.

schralp pal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #692 on: June 23, 2022, 07:55:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn this is where the action is at, wasted my whole morning reading 23 pages. Def gonna try the 159s ikp coming from Indy forged hollows for two years straight. Have been wanting to go a bit lower.

Thanks to the pals for all the information (and bickering :) )
[close]

@schralp pal go for the standard kingpin models, they get loose really quick.

Yeah, I was looking at the griffs again since he gets a royalty (see what I did there) - wonder if zach allen will get a pro model soon.

I have a new pair of the indy winkowski 159s waiting when my current set dies, but thought Id hop on something else first for fun and I have never had an inverted kingpin truck ever. I almost clicked the order submit button today.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 55
« Reply #693 on: June 24, 2022, 04:45:29 AM »
Maybe it's just my deck combo but I'm finding manuals tricky on these? That's my only issue. Anyone else?

El Freegano

• Rep: 73
« Reply #694 on: June 24, 2022, 05:15:39 AM »
Maybe it's just my deck combo but I'm finding manuals tricky on these? That's my only issue. Anyone else?
I guess it is because the bushings are too soft. You could tighten or change them for harder ones. I do only a couple of basic manuals but i do feel better after i changed the top bushing for an old harder one and tighten the nut tlll one tread showing. I guess i would be even better if a buy some new harder bushings, but still havent decided between the blue indy 92 barrel or the black indy 94 conical. If anyone have tried different bushings than the stock could give some advice.

LebowskisRug

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #695 on: June 24, 2022, 07:17:43 AM »
If you want 144 just wait for me to lose it and move back to home base.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #696 on: June 24, 2022, 10:43:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I guess it is because the bushings are too soft. You could tighten or change them for harder ones. I do only a couple of basic manuals but i do feel better after i changed the top bushing for an old harder one and tighten the nut tlll one tread showing. I guess i would be even better if a buy some new harder bushings, but still havent decided between the blue indy 92 barrel or the black indy 94 conical. If anyone have tried different bushings than the stock could give some advice.

I'm running Bones hards with small Krux/Royal washers top and bottom to try and keep the height of the bushings the same. They fit alright but I can hear them slipping occasionally. I don't really care too much because I just really enjoy the feel of Bones hards in general

MxsDx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #697 on: June 24, 2022, 10:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'm running Bones hards with small Krux/Royal washers top and bottom to try and keep the height of the bushings the same. They fit alright but I can hear them slipping occasionally. I don't really care too much because I just really enjoy the feel of Bones hards in general

The Royal bottom bushing is 1 mm taller than Indy bushings (top is same height). I put in Indy aftermarket bushings, but added a bones washer under the bottom cup to maintain the correct geo. Worked well.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:22:22 PM by MxsDx »

jsettle

• Rep: 26
« Reply #698 on: June 25, 2022, 08:35:29 PM »