Author Topic: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part  (Read 16161 times)

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
Re: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2021, 02:58:57 PM »
i wonder if ever whips out the gold medal to get a few extra tries

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2021, 02:59:30 PM »
SLAP folk, I hear some people saying his ender was a nollie 270 lip....isnt this technically a nollie 270 front board?

Need some skate nerds to help clear this up...

He approaches the rail frontside, does a nollie 270 and ends up in a front board position...is this correct or nah?

Fred Gall?
It's 100% nollie cab front board. I didn't want to be the nerd to bring it up so thanks you're right.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2021, 03:06:55 PM »
Song wasn't that bad.

Guarantee you it was better than whatever sit-cross-legged-in-a-circle-and-make-headbands-outta-dandelions-emo/rock-a-billy-bullshit songs O Grady and Suciu had in their vids...

Edit: wtf is shoe guaze?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2021, 03:07:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love being reminded by how White centric skating is when a part drops with any music other than shoe gaze 🙄
[close]
Massive shoegaze fan here who basically hunts down anything with it and for every one part with shoegaze there are at least 3 parts with hip hop, it isn't even close.  Also not liking this song does not make anything "white centric" it means you have functioning ears.

I like Yuto.
[close]

Never said shoe gaze is bad or the popular choice, only that folks on here love to complain when hip hop is used.

I like all genres of music and don’t usually complain about song choice in skateboarding but it’s no secret that hate for hip hop music or any genre that doesn’t center around white male artists is shit on in the comments and it’s obvious why  ::)

I hear sound, you see colours

« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 03:14:30 PM by BALARGUE »

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2021, 03:21:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love being reminded by how White centric skating is when a part drops with any music other than shoe gaze 🙄
[close]
Massive shoegaze fan here who basically hunts down anything with it and for every one part with shoegaze there are at least 3 parts with hip hop, it isn't even close.  Also not liking this song does not make anything "white centric" it means you have functioning ears.

I like Yuto.
[close]

Never said shoe gaze is bad or the popular choice, only that folks on here love to complain when hip hop is used.

I like all genres of music and don’t usually complain about song choice in skateboarding but it’s no secret that hate for hip hop music or any genre that doesn’t center around white male artists is shit on in the comments and it’s obvious why  ::)
[close]

Cause they old as fuck?

yep
and white

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2021, 03:22:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You know to each their own or whatever, a lot of people like future and that's cool, but it's hard for me to appreciate a singer who mumbles jibberish like,

"catching cold feelings can be a bummer
that's why I drive my audi in the summer"

but all I hear is..

"cashun oldfeely cnb mer
thats I arrive audi in thumber"

[close]

Bruh what kinda music do you listen to? Church music?

Unless you're a non-native speaker, shit is really not that hard to understand and a lot of musicians across genres focus on expression/tone over Webster's pro·nun·ci·a·tion.
[close]

An edit with church music. Holy shit, nbd?

C'mon son.

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

passtheish

« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2021, 03:24:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

It might be possible to not love a genre of music without being a Klan member.  And everyone here wants Big L or GangStarr anyway not sure what Slap you're looking at.
[close]

They’re probably not in the Klan but they’re for sure still fragile white males that think giving others equality somehow oppresses them  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

passtheish

« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2021, 03:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

[close]

I hear sound, you see colours

you probably wanna start seeing color , race unfortunately is a big part of our society and determines a lot, the issue is the only group that consented to using race as a defining characteristic was white folks, i know so surprising xD especially when they’re the only ones reaping any benefits

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2021, 03:30:05 PM »
I don't give a shit about the song (favorite all time part is Reece Forbes Quiksilver promo- terrible song I still watch it all the time no problems) but since race is being brought up I think worth bringing up it's the whitest song of all time. Sounds like someone rapped over a Nickleback b side. Total jagger eaton shit.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2021, 03:38:56 PM »
Expand Quote
SLAP folk, I hear some people saying his ender was a nollie 270 lip....isnt this technically a nollie 270 front board?

He approaches the rail frontside, does a nollie 270 and ends up in a front board position...is this correct or nah?

Fred Gall?
[close]
It's 100% nollie cab front board. I didn't want to be the nerd to bring it up so thanks you're right.

Thanks bud. It was driving me nuts seeing the photographer caption it as nollie 270 lip...

It's a lip if he approached it backside. WHY CANT THEY GET THIS SHIT RIGHT
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2021, 03:45:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fred Gall?
[close]
[close]

Thanks bud. It was driving me nuts seeing the photographer caption it as nollie 270 lip...

It's a lip if he approached it backside. WHY CANT THEY GET THIS SHIT RIGHT
I think it's that weird thing where people get confused about fakie. Like nollie nose vs fakie tail etc but now it's gone next level where they get it wrong both ways haha

conqueso

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2021, 04:30:15 PM »
 some of you must be fried as fuck

it's a nollie 270 back lip and nothing else

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2021, 04:30:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

It might be possible to not love a genre of music without being a Klan member.  And everyone here wants Big L or GangStarr anyway not sure what Slap you're looking at.
[close]

They’re probably not in the Klan but they’re for sure still fragile white males that think giving others equality somehow oppresses them  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[close]
You’re talking about me it sounds like ( shoegaze fan who isn’t into most current hip hop)-since I’m so fragile and nervous about giving others equality (not sure what that has to do with thinking Future sucks) can you please let me know if I’m still allowed to love watching Ishod.  I never felt threatened before watching him before but I dunno you seem to have it all sorted.

passtheish

« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2021, 04:36:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

[close]

[close]
You’re talking about me it sounds like ( shoegaze fan who isn’t into most current hip hop)-since I’m so fragile and nervous about giving others equality (not sure what that has to do with thinking Future sucks) can you please let me know if I’m still allowed to love watching Ishod.  I never felt threatened before watching him before but I dunno you seem to have it all sorted.
[close]

if you’re white yea, if you’re not stopping acting white friend and decolonize yourself <3

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 84
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2021, 04:55:27 PM »

tldr nerd shit: you gotta think about it as if he didn't spin though. if he just approached the rail nollie the same way he did and didn't spin and landed in the same position he did on the rail, it would be a nollie front board. why would it become "back lip" instead of "front board" because he does a 270?

i think the confusion from this stems from the fact that this same trick fakie would be a cab back lip, but that's because when you do the equivalent of a "nollie front board" but fakie, it's called a "fakie back lip", not because of the rotation, but because of the direction you approach the rail from and because the way the skateboarding community collectively decided to name fakie rail and ledge tricks is dumb af lol it's understandable that people would want to apply this to the same trick nollie, but it doesn't (for whatever reason, i didn't make up the rules)

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2021, 04:58:29 PM »
270 Front Board. No way it's a lip. There are RULES. We live in a SOCIETY.

I understand that it's a much similar motion to a switch back lip, and that switch back lip is a prerequisite for this trick, but it's nollie. Damn it.

conqueso

« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2021, 05:09:22 PM »
uh

the trick is a nollie 270 lip

always has been, always will be

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2021, 05:16:13 PM »
Has literally NEVER been nollie 270 lip.
Never was never will be

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -69
  • eight equals d
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2021, 05:33:13 PM »
you guys are smoking some serious zaza if you guys think thats lipslide. its a nollie fs 270 fs board
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:48:47 PM by theoriginalgoon »
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2021, 06:01:21 PM »
To be a lipslide the TAIL of the board has to be going over the rail to slide. It's a front board. Like mentioned... if he didn't spin, you'd call it a nollie front board no problem. Since he spun 270, it's a nollie 270 front boardslide. sheesh

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2021, 06:02:29 PM »
uh

the trick is a nollie 270 lip

always has been, always will be

Nah.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2021, 06:05:11 PM »
To be a lipslide the TAIL of the board has to be going over the rail to slide. It's a front board. Like mentioned... if he didn't spin, you'd call it a nollie front board no problem. Since he spun 270, it's a nollie 270 front boardslide. sheesh

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2021, 06:50:38 PM »
Whatever it was called it was wild. Imagine spinning 270 to land a slide on a steep 16 rail.

Despite what you may think of his style, music selection and whatnot, he has got to be the most talented person on a board right now. Looking at others in the 'soty race' to use a terrible comparison, but pretty sure he could do anything in those last few Suciu parts, but no one's doing what Yuto is.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2021, 07:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love being reminded by how White centric skating is when a part drops with any music other than shoe gaze &#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#128580;
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

[close]

They’re probably not in the Klan but they’re for sure still fragile white males that think giving others equality somehow oppresses them  ¯\_(&#38;#38;#38;#38;#12484;)_/¯
[close]
[close]

if you’re white yea, if you’re not stopping acting white friend and decolonize yourself <3
[close]
your comments have been some of the most blatant virtue signaling i've seen in a minute lmao

passtheish

« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2021, 07:09:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love being reminded by how White centric skating is when a part drops with any music other than shoe gaze &#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#128580;
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

[close]

They’re probably not in the Klan but they’re for sure still fragile white males that think giving others equality somehow oppresses them  ¯\_(&#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#12484;)_/¯
[close]
[close]

[close]
your comments have been some of the most blatant virtue signaling i've seen in a minute lmao
[close]

virtue signaling to who exactly? i haven’t had a single response that sided with me in any meaningful way. let me guess your next insult lined up was Libtard? xD
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:59:17 PM by passtheish »

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love being reminded by how White centric skating is when a part drops with any music other than shoe gaze &#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#128580;
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

[close]

They’re probably not in the Klan but they’re for sure still fragile white males that think giving others equality somehow oppresses them  ¯\_(&#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#12484;)_/¯
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

virtue signaling to who exactly? i haven’t had a single response that sided with me in any meaningful way. let me guess you’re next insult lined up was Libtard? xD
[close]
your*

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2021, 07:16:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

tldr nerd shit: you gotta think about it as if he didn't spin though. if he just approached the rail nollie the same way he did and didn't spin and landed in the same position he did on the rail, it would be a nollie front board. why would it become "back lip" instead of "front board" because he does a 270?

i think the confusion from this stems from the fact that this same trick fakie would be a cab back lip, but that's because when you do the equivalent of a "nollie front board" but fakie, it's called a "fakie back lip", not because of the rotation, but because of the direction you approach the rail from and because the way the skateboarding community collectively decided to name fakie rail and ledge tricks is dumb af lol it's understandable that people would want to apply this to the same trick nollie, but it doesn't (for whatever reason, i didn't make up the rules)
So a 180 nosegrind isn’t a nosegrind because he the skateboarder spins?  Fuck outta heeeea.  Nollie cab backlip all day

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2021, 07:29:23 PM »
Whatever it was called it was wild. Imagine spinning 270 to land a slide on a steep 16 rail.

Despite what you may think of his style, music selection and whatnot, he has got to be the most talented person on a board right now. Looking at others in the 'soty race' to use a terrible comparison, but pretty sure he could do anything in those last few Suciu parts, but no one's doing what Yuto is.

passtheish

« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2021, 08:57:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love being reminded by how White centric skating is when a part drops with any music other than shoe gaze &#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#128580;
[close]

I like Yuto.
[close]

[close]

They’re probably not in the Klan but they’re for sure still fragile white males that think giving others equality somehow oppresses them  ¯\_(&#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#38;#12484;)_/¯
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

virtue signaling to who exactly? i haven’t had a single response that sided with me in any meaningful way. let me guess your next insult lined up was Libtard? xD
[close]
you're
[close]
?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2021, 09:06:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
So a 180 nosegrind isn’t a nosegrind because he the skateboarder spins?  Fuck outta heeeea.  Nollie cab backlip all day
Not the best example because all 4 ways you can do nollie 180 nosegrind are still 180 nosegrinds. Lipslide vs boardslide is a different beast.maybe Imagine it as a noseslide vs noseblunt. If he landed on the nose instead of the middle of his board you'd never call what he did a nollie cab noseblunt.
Nollie cab to SWITCH back lip. Ok clumsy but technically works if you have to say lip.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:21:17 PM by Mean salto »