Author Topic: Flora Episode 3 - Mark Suciu  (Read 21187 times)

disappointed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Flora Episode 3 - Mark Suciu
« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2021, 09:07:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ugh like he didn’t have SOTY before this.. I wish he would have just waited till January instead of making the most obvious SOTY run ever.

Looking forward to this, should be sick
[close]

only in skateboarding is it uncouth to do your job well and often lmao... can't look TOO invested folks, that's not CORE!!!  8)
[close]

Yep. Only in skateboarding. one of the best ever to do it puts out five parts in a few months (Blue Dog, Philly, Curve, Spitfire and Flora III). Skates iconic spots. Skates never seen spots. Does tricks few people have imagined before. It is all free. We can watch them all 400 times. He put out 11minutes in 2019 and it didn't work. So he films multiple parts with different filmers. He sees Mason won with 3 parts in 2020. He makes 5 parts to be sure. He seeks recognition from the monopolistic media agent of the culture that treats skaters with a brain like outcasts. And people hate. "Burnett! Come quick. Mark's readin' again!"
[close]

He only put out 4 parts. That Philly thing your referencing is from like 5 years ago adidas just reuploaded it last month for whatever reason. Even says archive in the title.

Damn, you’re right. Only 4 parts totalling 20minutes. He’s got no chance.

MrDuckey

• Rep: -98
« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2021, 09:54:39 AM »
This video felt like watching 50 possible variations of Guy Mariano's ender in Pretty Sweet, back to back

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #242 on: December 04, 2021, 10:04:23 AM »
pretty odd that thrasher hasn't promoted his part at all on their insta. makes me wonder if they're bummed on his push for it

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #243 on: December 04, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »
pretty odd that thrasher hasn't promoted his part at all on their insta. makes me wonder if they're bummed on his push for it

They're promoting it ob YouTube
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 831
« Reply #244 on: December 04, 2021, 10:50:33 AM »
I just remembered Fred Gall is on the same team, hopefully he goes on the SOTY trip.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -504
« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2021, 11:16:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ugh like he didn’t have SOTY before this.. I wish he would have just waited till January instead of making the most obvious SOTY run ever.

[close]

only in skateboarding is it uncouth to do your job well and often lmao... can't look TOO invested folks, that's not CORE!!!  8)
[close]

Yep. Only in skateboarding. one of the best ever to do it puts out five parts in a few months (Blue Dog, Philly, Curve, Spitfire and Flora III). Skates iconic spots. Skates never seen spots. Does tricks few people have imagined before. It is all free. We can watch them all 400 times. He put out 11minutes in 2019 and it didn't work. So he films multiple parts with different filmers. He sees Mason won with 3 parts in 2020. He makes 5 parts to be sure. He seeks recognition from the monopolistic media agent of the culture that treats skaters with a brain like outcasts. And people hate. "Burnett! Come quick. Mark's readin' again!"
[close]

He only put out 4 parts. That Philly thing your referencing is from like 5 years ago adidas just reuploaded it last month for whatever reason. Even says archive in the title.
[close]

I’m a sucker for details. Would say the reupload and rough cut of CC a decade later are part of a pretty clear push tho. Give the man the statue already.

Real question what does a suciu soty trip look like to y’all. Where does he go and who’s comes along?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »
with distinction.
now that was fucking fantastic.
hand this mane the trophy.
it's over.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2021, 11:41:28 AM »
I love Mark's skating, don't get the hate towards him on here, but of course I can agree it would have been better to have these parts appear throughout the year instead.

That may be on him but it probably had a lot to do with working with multiple filmers/sponsors also. Imagine if these parts were re-edited down to the best footy though, to an 8ish minute 2 song part instead. Probably would have been more "consumable" to his detractors and probably still SOTY.

I think I need a Suciu 2021 memory screen edit lol.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 11:50:41 AM by Mariatorresflores »

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2021, 12:19:28 PM »
100% SOTY, the man deserves the recognition

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2021, 12:55:25 PM »
I love the part

But when you think about the length of the trick names, you can see how Phelps might say he skates in German

Svitchfronthundertachtzigfunfnullgrindzuback-hundertachtzigraus

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2021, 02:07:05 PM »
Who has been the most productive skater out there? Suciu has to be up there right?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2021, 02:08:37 PM »
I love Mark's skating, don't get the hate towards him on here, but of course I can agree it would have been better to have these parts appear throughout the year instead.

That may be on him but it probably had a lot to do with working with multiple filmers/sponsors also. Imagine if these parts were re-edited down to the best footy though, to an 8ish minute 2 song part instead. Probably would have been more "consumable" to his detractors and probably still SOTY.

I think I need a Suciu 2021 memory screen edit lol.

So Verso? He already did that

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2021, 02:10:09 PM »
Suciu is ready for a Memory Screen tho that sounds good

donny2chugs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2021, 02:15:57 PM »
Who has been the most productive skater out there? Suciu has to be up there right?

Suciu has probably had the most productive 4 years in skateboard history. I'm pretty sure he's dropped 45 minutes of footage since 2019. Some of these parts board line don't count, but I'll list them anyway:

Thunder (2019)
Balance of Opposites (2019)
Verso (2019)
Story Edit (2019)
Connector Line (2019)
Coattails (2020)
Blue Dog (2021)
Curve (2021)
Spitfire (2021)
Flora 3 (2021)

donny2chugs

« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »
Suciu had mentioned in some interview (maybe Slap's?) that he was working on a part with Chris Mulhern. I was really hoping that Untitled 6 would be a Suciu part, but I'm assuming all of that footage was used in his quadrilogy.

wiggitywiggity

• Rep: 25
  • You Don't Gnome Me Man!
« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2021, 02:48:47 PM »
Small Handrails>Big Handrails

Small rails have more character

conqueso

« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2021, 03:00:33 PM »
but what happends when he wins? does he retire and start writing memoirs about filming video parts?

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2021, 03:02:21 PM »
but what happends when he wins? does he retire and start writing memoirs about filming video parts?

The Old Man and the SOTY

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2021, 04:06:18 PM »

Small rails have more character

from this statement, to penis analogies, to exalting the managerial virtue of productivity, people are saying some very odd things in praise of this video.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 04:45:19 PM by HyperBeam »

WayneKerr

• Rep: -2
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2021, 04:10:48 PM »
if suciu doesn’t win it this year, I can’t wait to see him go full hell ride next year bombing hills, fighting security guards, breaking shit etc trying to win
Dork tricks ain't nothing new, people just get internet likes for them now instead of being called a faggot like when I was a kid

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2021, 04:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck it. Give it to Yuto. Olympic medalist. It's a competition right? On top of dropping parts? He got it lol.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2021, 04:13:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Old Man and the SOTY

Portrait of the Artist as a Grom

conqueso

« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2021, 04:29:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

The Old Man and the SOTY
[close]

mark suchiu and the chamber of secrets

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2021, 04:51:29 PM »

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2021, 05:34:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

The Old Man and the SOTY
[close]

Bloard Meridian, or an Evening Shredness in the West.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 151
« Reply #265 on: December 04, 2021, 06:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

The Old Man and the SOTY
[close]

[close]

Slaughterhesh-Five

Skates of Wrath

The Secret Gnarden

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #266 on: December 04, 2021, 06:50:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

The Old Man and the SOTY
[close]

[close]

[close]

Slaughterhesh-Five

Skates of Wrath

The Secret Gnarden

Grind and Punishment

Lord of the Slides

Farenheit 4 50-50

BlueCadet3

• Rep: -1
« Reply #267 on: December 04, 2021, 07:21:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Ok this was cool i guess but how fast can he chug a beer? Has he ever intentionally damaged property after landing a trick for no good reason? Smh #notmysoty
[close]

Edgiest thing he could do is admit that he reads Jung to his peers.
Hey now, he took that bucket from that security guy.
In all seriousness though, I've probably watched this a dozen times already. I think I like it more than verso.

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #268 on: December 04, 2021, 07:31:14 PM »
We’ll damn. That had about 10 ticks I have never seen before  and they were Done On rails.

While  this batch of parts individually have been less Composed than verso , if you look at them together they all bring  different things  to be table , and make 1 sipercompsed mega part. He may have out verso’d himself.

Shuh

« Reply #269 on: December 04, 2021, 08:01:52 PM »
We’ll damn. That had about 10 ticks I have never seen before  and they were Done On rails.

While  this batch of parts individually have been less Composed than verso , if you look at them together they all bring  different things  to be table , and make 1 sipercompsed mega part. He may have out verso’d himself.

Can someone list down the tricks in mini verso montage ender, i would but im at work i would have a seizure if i tried doing both