Author Topic: Tony Hawk's Son Is Dating Kurt Cobain's Daughter  (Read 27653 times)

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
Re: Tony Hawk's Son Is Dating Kurt Cobain's Daughter
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2022, 05:26:55 PM »
Bro, if they have a son though

The duality of it tho!…

One grandparent, the most important white person of the early 90’s, who killed himself out of an ego driven ideal of authenticity.

The other grandparent, the most important white person of the late 90’s, who sold out to corporations as a way to evangelize skateboarding globally.

He might come out looking like the dude from Powder!

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2022, 07:19:33 PM »
At least she's stoked when he points out skate spots. Every girl I've ever dated thinks I'm a psychopath for pulling over to look at steps.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 338
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2022, 02:01:03 AM »
At least she's stoked when he points out skate spots. Every girl I've ever dated thinks I'm a psychopath for pulling over to look at steps.

Let's not pretend that this isn't the truth

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2022, 05:19:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Let's not pretend that this isn't the truth
We took a family trip from LA>SF over the summer and I pulled over at least a dozen times to take pics of steps.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2022, 09:18:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was a wittle kid when nirvana was on tv and stuff, so maybe because “grunge” music was already defined I found them super boring. They were always on the radio

Seems like they’re becoming popular with younger kids again although it could just be the shirt that’s cool. Anyway I tried to listen to them recently and they’re even more trash than I remember. If anyone can recommend one decent song they did thanks
[close]

cool dude
[close]

What’s your favorite nirvana song?
[close]

They sound straight out of a Capri-sun commercial  to me. I’m 90% sure I’ve heard that exact drum beat in a fruit roll ups ad. Nirvana is a parody of themselves. He sounds like a disgruntled tractor trailer driver who smokes a pack of cigs a day and drinks a pot of coffee.

assvogel

• Rep: 210
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2022, 09:53:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was a wittle kid when nirvana was on tv and stuff, so maybe because “grunge” music was already defined I found them super boring. They were always on the radio

Seems like they’re becoming popular with younger kids again although it could just be the shirt that’s cool. Anyway I tried to listen to them recently and they’re even more trash than I remember. If anyone can recommend one decent song they did thanks
[close]

cool dude
[close]

[close]

[close]

They sound straight out of a Capri-sun commercial  to me. I’m 90% sure I’ve heard that exact drum beat in a fruit roll ups ad. Nirvana is a parody of themselves. He sounds like a disgruntled tractor trailer driver who smokes a pack of cigs a day and drinks a pot of coffee.

Uhh, that song is a The Wipers cover and it's quite close to the original too, despite being a radio session recording. So that drum beat comment is a bit asinine

(And to add, the Wipers is pretty much the greatest, one of those bands that could be your life.)

cky enthusiast

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2022, 10:01:12 AM »
canadian dudes only listen to rock you by helix

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2022, 10:21:09 AM »
Oh wow, hanging out with Riley’s Dad already

Her leg looks like a giant arm
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2022, 11:06:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

cool dude
[close]

[close]

[close]

this was the song that got me hyped on them in 90 when i was 17. not sure how old you are but it sounds like younger than me if they were on the radio when you were a kid. when the came out it was a different time, there was no internet and to learn about new music you had to spend 16 bucks a pop on CDs or borrow CDs from friends so generally the music you listened too reflected your circle of friends. there was way worst shit to be listening to and people to be chilling with at the university i was at than nirvanna, pixies, fugazi, sonic youth, etc... other people were listening to janet jackson, hootie the blowfish, spin doctors and all kinds of awful shit at the time

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2022, 01:54:50 PM »
This song makes me wish we'd had more nirvana albums

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

conqueso

« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2022, 02:00:13 PM »
braydon did it better

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2022, 04:00:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

cool dude
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Uhh, that song is a The Wipers cover and it's quite close to the original too, despite being a radio session recording. So that drum beat comment is a bit asinine

(And to add, the Wipers is pretty much the greatest, one of those bands that could be your life.)

Didn’t know it was a cover I just can’t stand Dave grohl and nirvana has some of the simplest drum beats ever. Gunna check the wipers out tho thanks!!! Also I’ll stop posting but my dislike for nirvana is a hill I’m willing to die on

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2022, 04:10:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

cool dude
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Didn’t know it was a cover I just can’t stand Dave grohl and nirvana has some of the simplest drum beats ever. Gunna check the wipers out tho thanks!!! Also I’ll stop posting but my dislike for nirvana is a hill I’m willing to die on

Yeah but that's the style of music, it's not gonna work with the Purdie shuffle.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2022, 04:12:45 PM »
I think there was something where her ex-bf claimed that courtney love threatened to have him murdered or something, over a guitar. That's my only reservation about it all. Other than that, I think it's awesome.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2022, 05:12:27 PM »

“I’m not giving anyone a fuckin’ R”

23shinseal

• Rep: -15
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2022, 11:47:03 PM »
lol, nice.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2022, 12:04:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Whelp I feel old
[close]

francis bean turning 30 this year, holy cow

where were u in 92 ;(

Watching Barcelona 92 olympics probably.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2022, 02:29:12 PM »
Being honest, I don't think I've ever really listened to Nirvana. Obviously heard some of their "hits" but never a fan

Monopolyman

« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2022, 03:37:07 PM »
I was down at Steel Mill the other day and I was fanning out a little because Riley was in the corner with some buddies and I overhear him say "Sometimes, when I'm fucking her, I think to myself I'm Tony Hawk's son, and I'm fucking Kurt Cobain's daughter. I blast straight away everytime. Everytime." He had said the last everytime with his upper body occupying the better part of the small coffee table he and his buddies were leaning back around. His index finger pressed firm against the top, as if to emphasise the point. As Riley sat back, he said "Evertime" as if only for himself, with a meaning that startled him. He really was Riley Hawk. And then I realised I was Riley Hawk. I was Riley Hawk and all the confidence and expectation that went with that when all I really want to do is own a coffee shop and find someone else who is the child of a counter cultural icon and fall in love and dress like I am in creedence and hang with you guys right here in my coffee shop. And then the DMT/Sativa joint i had been smoking wore off and I woke up on the roof of my Amsterdam house boat airbnb.

This.

-Jim Thiebaud

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2022, 05:40:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

cool dude
[close]

[close]

[close]

i need to know this: who are your 5 favorite bands?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2022, 06:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

cool dude
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i need to know this: who are your 5 favorite bands?

i've often thought that online reviews should include something like this. i saw a review where a guy slammed radiohead and then when i dug into his other articles there were ones that favored puddle of mud.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2022, 08:02:43 AM »
Once Nevermind came out, it was a major cultural shift, but nowhere was it more noticeable than in the music of Capri Sun commercials, a genre that was long overdue for a revitalization. Basically, Nirvana is the reason many of you were conceived.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2022, 09:44:14 AM »
I will never forget when 14 yo me listened to the weekly rock show on the radio on Wednesday evening (the only time they played heavy rock music on the radio) and they played Smells Like Teen Spirit and Breed from Nevermind that had just came out. I was literally blown away, in particular by Breed. That was something completely new and I just felt I was witnessing something big. The second time this happened was when I listened to the RATM debut album a year later. Those two records changed the musical landscape for years to come. Most heavy/thrash metal bands either switched to grunge and/or what was to become Nu Metal or they just disappeared. Of course that sucked but I still love both Nevermind and the RATM s/t.

What does this have to do with the topic of this thread? Not much I guess. Sorry.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2022, 10:10:48 AM »
i like nirvana.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1265
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2022, 06:00:59 PM »
i like nirvana.
do you have any proof of that

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2022, 06:22:08 PM »
The best way to get addicted to nirvana is to watch their whole performance on their mtv unplugged concert on youtube. shits sooooo good.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2022, 07:56:28 PM »
braydon did it better

woah… i just found out erik bragg was dating kelly osbourne for a year?… wtf is going on in skateboard/celebrity dating world these days?
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kelly-osbourne-erik-bragg-split-after-nearly-1-year-of-dating/amp/

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2022, 09:21:33 PM »
I will never forget when 14 yo me listened to the weekly rock show on the radio on Wednesday evening (the only time they played heavy rock music on the radio) and they played Smells Like Teen Spirit and Breed from Nevermind that had just came out. I was literally blown away, in particular by Breed. That was something completely new and I just felt I was witnessing something big. The second time this happened was when I listened to the RATM debut album a year later. Those two records changed the musical landscape for years to come. Most heavy/thrash metal bands either switched to grunge and/or what was to become Nu Metal or they just disappeared. Of course that sucked but I still love both Nevermind and the RATM s/t.

What does this have to do with the topic of this thread? Not much I guess. Sorry.
It was a time and a place. I catch myself talking about them like old burnouts talk about zeppelin.

Nirvana was a huge cultural shift. Single hand-idly killed rock ballads and most of the other bullshit at the time.

I was lucky enough to see nirvana(with the butthole surfers) and RATM at lollapalooza before i hit high school.

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2022, 09:29:37 PM »
So weird, he has been obsessed with Nirvana for the last 3 years and even dressing exactly like Kurt then used them for his baker 4 part, seems like she has a stalker on her hands

conqueso

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2022, 10:15:17 PM »
not as weird as cab but still weird