Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 207446 times)

Fooj and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lilboosie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 226
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #1650 on: September 12, 2022, 05:41:53 PM »
Do last resorts run true to size. Or should I do a half size down like converse ?

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1651 on: September 12, 2022, 06:49:28 PM »
I can skate either. I wear an 8.5 in blazers and chucks, 9 in vans, 8.5 in Tiagos, 8.5 in Adidas superstar/pro model, but once I did try on 8.5's and 9's of vans pro halfcabs, and they both felt good and it confused me. I wouldn't be able to fit an 8.5 vans slip-on at all. I have wide feet too, and a lil bit of space between my toes and the end of the shoe.

The 8.5 last resorts are shorter than 8.5 blazers. I compared the footbeds. They fit me like a sock, and were kinda tight at first but nothing bad at all, kind of like how blazers are a little tight at first on me, but the blazers were only tight in the width. The 8.5 LRAB's were tight all around. The sz. 9 last resorts fit me too, but I could throw another footbed in on top of the stock/glued in one and they still fit.

I think if you go with the slightly bigger size, know that you can throw another footbed in there to take up space, and then you have some extra cushion, as the stock situation doesn't have much as far as impact protection. Tons of board feel though.

lilboosie

« Reply #1652 on: September 13, 2022, 10:52:34 AM »
 Thanks penis

I'm 9 in every shoe except converse. So it sounds like I should get 8.5  vm003 lol in suede.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1653 on: September 13, 2022, 02:10:07 PM »
Do last resorts run true to size. Or should I do a half size down like converse ?

Half size down in suede, TTS in Canvas

lilboosie

« Reply #1654 on: September 13, 2022, 02:42:44 PM »
tts in canvas ?? thats so odd. but ill take slaps word for it because i read that a couple times

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1655 on: September 13, 2022, 03:41:09 PM »
tts in canvas ?? thats so odd. but ill take slaps word for it because i read that a couple times

I guess more specifically canvas in VM001. It seems like LRAB had different lasts on vM001 suede and VM001 canvas. The canvas VM001 is noticeably more snug.

With VM003, you can go half size down in my experience. So VM001 suede, VM002, VM003 you go half size down. VM001 canvas go true to size.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #1656 on: September 13, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »
@BartHarleyJarvis @lilboosie I went TTS on VM001 canvas hi's when they first came out and they're too big. I have since gotten vm001 canvas lows and vm002 suede in a half size down. both fit perfectly. I would go half size down all around but that's just me

Slugboi22

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1657 on: September 13, 2022, 07:00:25 PM »
@BartHarleyJarvis @lilboosie I went TTS on VM001 canvas hi's when they first came out and they're too big. I have since gotten vm001 canvas lows and vm002 suede in a half size down. both fit perfectly. I would go half size down all around but that's just me
same here. I just finished skating some vm001 canvas lows half size down and the fit was great. skated canvas highs too half size down and they were also wonderful. try ‘em on if you can but i’d say half size down is the safest bet. all feet are different though!

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1658 on: September 13, 2022, 07:32:12 PM »
What skate (or clothing) brands make the best quality baseball hats with curved brims?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1659 on: September 13, 2022, 09:37:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
same here. I just finished skating some vm001 canvas lows half size down and the fit was great. skated canvas highs too half size down and they were also wonderful. try ‘em on if you can but i’d say half size down is the safest bet. all feet are different though!

Same for me. Half size down on canvas. Only tried on the suede ones and on those I’d go half size down also.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 606
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1660 on: September 14, 2022, 05:12:23 AM »
Not hardware related but who's youwillsoon on IG ?

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1661 on: September 14, 2022, 06:38:23 AM »
The nike vulcs, can i remove the insole in these? Feels glued down like OG vans

anyone?
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1662 on: September 14, 2022, 06:43:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Half size down in suede, TTS in Canvas
TTS in Suede for me
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1663 on: September 14, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
Not hardware related but who's youwillsoon on IG ?
Watson.

lilboosie

« Reply #1664 on: September 14, 2022, 10:58:03 AM »
thanks players. gonna do 8.5 for both. have narrow feet. recently got 8.5 ctas pro mids and they fit perfect. nice and tight.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1665 on: September 14, 2022, 11:26:02 AM »
Has anyone ever noticed that certain skaters don't wear hats and certain ones only wear hats? Like it's super weird to see Hjalte or Simon Jenson hat footage, but Bobby without a hat? Super rare.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #1666 on: September 14, 2022, 01:03:05 PM »
Has anyone ever noticed that certain skaters don't wear hats and certain ones only wear hats? Like it's super weird to see Hjalte or Simon Jenson hat footage, but Bobby without a hat? Super rare.
I think I've seen Max palmer wear a beanie one time ever and no other hats
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1667 on: September 14, 2022, 01:08:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think I've seen Max palmer wear a beanie one time ever and no other hats
I think he does the backwards cap semi regularly. I considered doing the unhinged thing of screencapping every instance but am choosing to just share this and hope you take my word for it

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1668 on: September 14, 2022, 01:39:51 PM »
it's kinda fascinating from an OCD sense. Why no hat? Do you feel weird with something touching your head? Sweat buildup bad? Picky taste? Why no lid?!?!! I get why Baldy Worrest wears one, but buddy we don't care that you're aging we just want you to keep doin you.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #1669 on: September 15, 2022, 02:17:19 AM »
Is the sizing on STATE shoes consistent? Even though I fit 8.5 on every single other company, my one pair(Fred Gall pro model) of state 8.5 shoes is weirdly long. Now I have a great deal on the "State Pacifica cup" and I'm wondering if I need to go with size 8 or if they kinda fucked up on my other pair.

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
« Reply #1670 on: September 15, 2022, 11:26:13 AM »
Deck rolled trough a puddle. Bearings are f*****, and the trucks are looser now. Will the trucks get back to normal ? Venture btw

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1671 on: September 15, 2022, 11:28:19 AM »
Deck rolled trough a puddle. Bearings are f*****, and the trucks are looser now. Will the trucks get back to normal ? Venture btw

I imagine they should return to normal, not sure what would cause them to be looser after going through a puddle.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #1672 on: September 15, 2022, 11:55:59 AM »
anyone skated the ace low in AF1 or classic? want to get some in 02, for my 7.75” but can’t find reviews for them. I know normal classics and AF1’s have a really surfy turn, but do the lows.? setting them up on my tech  board, so I do want them a little bit tighter, but not venture low tight. I found my pair of Indy low 129 yesterday, that I’ve never skated, but the turn on them is basically non existent, just a straight line.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #1673 on: September 15, 2022, 12:35:04 PM »
anyone skated the ace low in AF1 or classic? want to get some in 02, for my 7.75” but can’t find reviews for them. I know normal classics and AF1’s have a really surfy turn, but do the lows.? setting them up on my tech  board, so I do want them a little bit tighter, but not venture low tight. I found my pair of Indy low 129 yesterday, that I’ve never skated, but the turn on them is basically non existent, just a straight line.
Got Indy129 lows on my skinny board (sometimes even put them on big boards) you can take off the top washer and they'll turn a bit more. Soz don't know much about aces but I've seen the classics in 22 and 02 on a bunch of sites real cheap lately so maybe worth just getting them and finding out if it's not too expensive

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #1674 on: September 15, 2022, 12:58:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Got Indy129 lows on my skinny board (sometimes even put them on big boards) you can take off the top washer and they'll turn a bit more. Soz don't know much about aces but I've seen the classics in 22 and 02 on a bunch of sites real cheap lately so maybe worth just getting them and finding out if it's not too expensive

yea, that’s what I don’t like about these Indy lows. the top bushing is so different from any other truck, so you can’t replace them with normal Indy bushings, I tried the new green venture bushings, and then they were comically loose, and they stopped making the low aftermarket Indy bushings, so idk. might just get the AF1 lows and put their aftermarket hard bushings in there.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1675 on: September 15, 2022, 01:39:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yea, that’s what I don’t like about these Indy lows. the top bushing is so different from any other truck, so you can’t replace them with normal Indy bushings, I tried the new green venture bushings, and then they were comically loose, and they stopped making the low aftermarket Indy bushings, so idk. might just get the AF1 lows and put their aftermarket hard bushings in there.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=119999.msg3845359#msg3845359

Digging though the AF1 low thread might have your answer, if not feel free to ask the Ace thread for help

europa1991

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1676 on: September 15, 2022, 01:49:03 PM »
So… Haven’t owned a pair of Cons since the Jake Johnson leather Jack Purcells mids a couple years ago, went TTS for those and they felt fine so are CTAS mids gonna feel the same way or should I still do a half size down like most ppl do with CTAS?

Slugboi22

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1677 on: September 15, 2022, 02:11:52 PM »
So… Haven’t owned a pair of Cons since the Jake Johnson leather Jack Purcells mids a couple years ago, went TTS for those and they felt fine so are CTAS mids gonna feel the same way or should I still do a half size down like most ppl do with CTAS?
half size downs for the CTAS. pretty sure all iterations of the chuck is 1/2 size down

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #1678 on: September 15, 2022, 02:24:22 PM »

AF1 lows turn as well as standard AF1 and have even more kingpin clearance. Amazing trucks, but extremely loose. Harder to handle than standard AF1 and classics, so I'd recommend some harder bushings.

Lurkey

• Rep: 16
  • LA fool
« Reply #1679 on: September 15, 2022, 02:48:43 PM »
Has anyone flown domestically with a board lately? Usually, I just bring it as one of my carry-ons no problem but wanted to check if anyone had any annoying experiences lately. Flying Delta, LA<>Mpls