Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 206348 times)

frontsideNECKTIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #3270 on: May 09, 2023, 10:42:23 AM »
Anybody tried that Malto twin paddle or something like that shape?
For what I remember is to be a supposed hybrid between nose and tail.

I'm riding the 8.5 verison of this board currently. G096 for the crailtap shape.

Running it with 149 Mindys and some random 52mm 99A chocolate wheels

I really like the tail shape - nice and wide, but not huge, and the kick steepness is on the mellower side. Personally, I've really been digging it. The last ~4 Crailtap boards I've had have been really solid, stay crisp for quite a while.

If you feel like you might enjoy that shape, i would totally go for it. The symmetrical popsicle is a super fun switch up from my prior main set-up, a tapered Black Label egg with AF1 66's.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3271 on: May 09, 2023, 12:03:48 PM »
What's frickin wrong with me?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -46
« Reply #3272 on: May 09, 2023, 01:11:34 PM »
Not a question but just had to let it out-

Crockett 2s are so nice but why couldn’t they just do the cupsole through the front of the shoe as well? It’s so thin in the toes but so nice in the heel. I landed a kickflip and my back big toe landed right on the concave and liek shocked my toe lol.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3273 on: May 09, 2023, 01:17:39 PM »
Ya there is a lot about that shoe that doesn't make sense. The High is way more flimsy than the Low since the upper is so thin. Whatever they did made the shoe super hot in the toebox during the Summer and combined gives me big toe rawness. The shoe should be full cup the entire way around since it wouldn't really make it feel any stiffer than the low.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #3274 on: May 09, 2023, 05:24:25 PM »
anybody know who makes the blank decks that long beach skate co sells?

DERBY

• Rep: 250
« Reply #3275 on: May 09, 2023, 07:26:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sb blazer mids vs fastbreaks

how do they fit and skate?
[close]

Blazers are more narrow and snug fitting, better boardfeel/worse impact protection (vulc). They feel pretty sturdy and substantial at first, but once you break them in they are flimsy and bag out more easily than the fastbreaks.

Fastbreaks are wider and slightly longer (i still go TTS because i hate cramping my toes, but many people say they go down a half size). A chunkier, more substantial shoe with a thicker cupsole.

As with most cupsoles, the flick changes over time. In comparison, the blazer are a bit more consistent in that regard.

Biggest issue with the fastbreaks is that most colorways use nylon in the area that i destroy the quickest on a skate shoe (ollie hole on the outside of your pinky toe). So either have some super glue ready or buy an all suede pair.

In general i see way more people in blazers, but i think thats probably due to availability and vulcs still being generally preferred (could be wrong about that)

personally i prefer the fastbreak, but im a cupsole kinda guy.
[close]

thanks for the breakdown dawg. going with the fastbreaks!
[close]

No prob! dont forget to superglue, or buy the all suede ones.

really wish they would fix that nylon shit, i'd probably skate these exclusively if they did.

or if they made these new as-1's in a mid/high top.

where would u suggest to glue?

got the emerald ones and theyre unfortunately nylon. wished they pumped out the suede ones more often.

ou mid as1s sound promising

DERBY

• Rep: 250
« Reply #3276 on: May 09, 2023, 09:04:51 PM »
i’m prolly trippin out but for ace bottom bushings, which side faces down? the side with the circles or smooth side?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3277 on: May 10, 2023, 05:48:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Anybody tried that Malto twin paddle or something like that shape?
For what I remember is to be a supposed hybrid between nose and tail.
[close]

I'm riding the 8.5 verison of this board currently. G096 for the crailtap shape.

Running it with 149 Mindys and some random 52mm 99A chocolate wheels

I really like the tail shape - nice and wide, but not huge, and the kick steepness is on the mellower side. Personally, I've really been digging it. The last ~4 Crailtap boards I've had have been really solid, stay crisp for quite a while.

If you feel like you might enjoy that shape, i would totally go for it. The symmetrical popsicle is a super fun switch up from my prior main set-up, a tapered Black Label egg with AF1 66's.
G069 is the light. Shape works perfect for me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

MxsDx

• Rep: 93
« Reply #3278 on: May 10, 2023, 09:32:43 AM »
I recently fractured my hand skating and will be out for a short while. How many of you would abandon the injury tainted deck as opposed to being rational and accepting that the deck had nothing to do with it?

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #3279 on: May 10, 2023, 10:06:37 AM »
I recently fractured my hand skating and will be out for a short while. How many of you would abandon the injury tainted deck as opposed to being rational and accepting that the deck had nothing to do with it?
Suppose it depends on how much I enjoy skating that board. Do I have another freshie that I would rather ride? Or is this board new enough to be viable for a bit longer?
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

IpathCats

« Reply #3280 on: May 10, 2023, 10:11:24 AM »
i’m prolly trippin out but for ace bottom bushings, which side faces down? the side with the circles or smooth side?

circles.

I went smooth for the longest time, but ACE and indy bushing diagrams have pictured the side with the circles facing down (towards your board) as being the correct way to position the bushing. will post the pic if i can find it

edit: here its. hard to tell, but look at the second packaging pic, says "sharp side" down

https://mesaskatesupply.com/products/copy-of-ace-hard-bushings
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 10:21:59 AM by IpathCats »

B-Rad is the Raddest

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3281 on: May 10, 2023, 12:28:32 PM »
anyone know if the superstar adv feels the same as the one from 2016-2018 with the adiprene insole?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3282 on: May 10, 2023, 02:21:30 PM »

I’d get rid of it especially if I had any sort of feeling that the board itself contributed in any way to the injury. I broke my leg some years ago on a fairly new deck that I didn’t really like much. Got rid of it. The shoes I had on when I broke my leg I kept but then was weirded out by having them on later on when I got back on board. Had to get rid of them even though I like to skate my stuff until it’s done. I just couldn’t shake the bad vibes and I didn’t want it affecting my sessions.

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #3283 on: May 10, 2023, 03:18:40 PM »
Deck? No, that whole set up is cursed and going in the dumpster.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 94
« Reply #3284 on: May 10, 2023, 05:03:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d rather have a familiar setup coming back from a break

Boog

• Rep: 194
« Reply #3285 on: May 10, 2023, 06:28:36 PM »
What type of trucks do y'all think work best with streep kicks? For example a habitat twin nose shape?

Pastasash

• Rep: 73
« Reply #3286 on: May 10, 2023, 08:12:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I’d rather have a familiar setup coming back from a break

Yeah thats what I did with my last injury, deck was just broken in and my fav shape so wanted to come back to what I already know. But the shoes were already trashed and makes me think that contributed so I did ditch those.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #3287 on: May 10, 2023, 09:23:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

circles.

I went smooth for the longest time, but ACE and indy bushing diagrams have pictured the side with the circles facing down (towards your board) as being the correct way to position the bushing. will post the pic if i can find it

edit: here its. hard to tell, but look at the second packaging pic, says "sharp side" down

i've always put the circles in the hanger, round edges in the washers. idk if it's right but that's how i do it.

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3288 on: May 10, 2023, 10:57:08 PM »
I wish converse had a sturdy heel, the toecap I could take or leave too maybe I should try the spanky highs?

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
« Reply #3289 on: May 11, 2023, 12:38:02 AM »
Mud on Griptape ; what are you doing?

Water + brush only?

fernando the skater

• Rep: 99
« Reply #3290 on: May 11, 2023, 02:11:19 AM »
Mud on Griptape ; what are you doing?

Water + brush only?

Water and wire wool that has soap in it.

Boog

« Reply #3291 on: May 11, 2023, 04:14:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

circles.

[close]

i've always put the circles in the hanger, round edges in the washers. idk if it's right but that's how i do it.
Yeah that's how I do it too. The top bushing has the circles on the hanger so why wouldn't the bottom bushing?

IpathCats

« Reply #3292 on: May 11, 2023, 05:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

circles.

[close]

[close]
Yeah that's how I do it too. The top bushing has the circles on the hanger so why wouldn't the bottom bushing?

Well the manufacturer suggests otherwise.

If i had to guess, it would probably have to do with the way the truck actuates and when/where you want the bushings to grip rather than slip.

total guess though, i really dont know why. I just follow what the manufacturer says.

IpathCats

« Reply #3293 on: May 11, 2023, 07:48:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Blazers are more narrow and snug fitting, better boardfeel/worse impact protection (vulc). They feel pretty sturdy and substantial at first, but once you break them in they are flimsy and bag out more easily than the fastbreaks.

Fastbreaks are wider and slightly longer (i still go TTS because i hate cramping my toes, but many people say they go down a half size). A chunkier, more substantial shoe with a thicker cupsole.

As with most cupsoles, the flick changes over time. In comparison, the blazer are a bit more consistent in that regard.

Biggest issue with the fastbreaks is that most colorways use nylon in the area that i destroy the quickest on a skate shoe (ollie hole on the outside of your pinky toe). So either have some super glue ready or buy an all suede pair.

In general i see way more people in blazers, but i think thats probably due to availability and vulcs still being generally preferred (could be wrong about that)

[close]

[close]

really wish they would fix that nylon shit, i'd probably skate these exclusively if they did.

[close]

got the emerald ones and theyre unfortunately nylon. wished they pumped out the suede ones more often.

stitches that you would normally rip

and the "ollie hole" area, the widest part of the outside of your foot, where your pinky toe meet the foot.

i got this medium thickness superglue off amazon that soaks into most materials well and basically turns it into plastic.

Boog

« Reply #3294 on: May 11, 2023, 11:46:03 AM »
 :-[
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

circles.

[close]

[close]
[close]

Well the manufacturer suggests otherwise.

If i had to guess, it would probably have to do with the way the truck actuates and when/where you want the bushings to grip rather than slip.

total guess though, i really dont know why. I just follow what the manufacturer says.
Yeah I don't remember who I heard it from but I've been doing it that way every time lol. Maybe I'll start doing it the way it says on the ace package.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3295 on: May 11, 2023, 09:59:30 PM »
What type of trucks do y'all think work best with streep kicks? For example a habitat twin nose shape?

Venture is always the answer. Get on board with the team. You won't regret it for more than a week.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3296 on: May 11, 2023, 10:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Don't put glue on the nylon. That shit is much more durable and better looking natural.

Ive had 2 pairs maybe 3 and putting super glue on the nylon accelerates the ripping. It also looks trash can AF

I love that shoe. I skate them untied and full slack laced. Never had one fall off. Killer shoe imo.
(A)pl(E)

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3297 on: May 12, 2023, 07:09:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Venture is always the answer. Get on board with the team. You won't regret it for more than a week.

Can't agree with this and hated Venture with steep or short kicks. I'd go with something lighter like a Thunder or Forged Indy personally.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #3298 on: May 12, 2023, 07:20:50 AM »
Do forged indies really make a longer wheelbase than cast thunders? Both are somwhere between +3.12 and +3.18 right? My team thunders are around +3.15

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 597
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #3299 on: May 13, 2023, 06:50:36 AM »
Do forged indies really make a longer wheelbase than cast thunders? Both are somwhere between +3.12 and +3.18 right? My team thunders are around +3.15

i found this
https://freedomskateshop.at/en/blogs/skate-tech/wheelbase-und-trucks

@Mbrimson88
I'm pretty sure there is a thread somewhere that list how much each type of trucks affects wheelbase.
Do you know where please ?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 07:01:28 AM by BALARGUE »